German Tier 6 to 8 Heavy tanks, Heavy TD, medium tank Problem in This current meta.

Meta problem

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

DerJager #61 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 06:48

Major

• Players
  • 5983 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

View Postmadogthefirst, on Jan 11 2019 - 21:27, said:

Go home you're drunk.

Wot is primarily centered on damage trades. The 88 trades VERY poorly at tier 7+. The armor won't be meaningfully worse than the IS and IS 2, and importantly it should retain its outstanding DPM, and accuracy with the 105.

Hell I'd say buff it to a flat 4000dpm with full crew, vents, and rammer running the 105. Just a litteral, straight, direct upgrade. 

DerJager #62 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 06:50

Major

• Players
  • 5983 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

To those saying drop the Tiger II to tier 7, the problem is that it will be laughably OP when it runs into a Tier 5 or 6.

SteelRonin #63 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 13:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23489 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

View PostDerJager, on Jan 15 2019 - 02:50, said:

To those saying drop the Tiger II to tier 7, the problem is that it will be laughably OP when it runs into a Tier 5 or 6.

Tier 6 can already pen the Tiger II.....and it won't be OP as much as the O-NI. Please, tell me, how the current tier 5 can deal with an O-NI or T29 in hulldown position?...

tanopasman62 #64 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 20962 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
lol 4 pages of wehraboo tears.

164thLeichteAfrikaDiv #65 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18727 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 15 2019 - 16:21, said:

If you cannot contribute something useful please stfu dont bother posting

Trauglodyte #66 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 21:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 23127 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 15 2019 - 16:21, said:

Why does seeking balance require some sort of uber fandom and why does it bother you that people who play German tanks, might want them to be on par with other tanks?  Should we simply ignore anything that is lagging behind, given that this game is almost a decade old?  If we're resorting to [edited]comments, should I slam you for being an easymoder since 1/3rd of your games are in Russian tanks?  Should I bash you for being a seal clubber when you have 700 games in the T-28, the most of all of your tanks played?

Honestly, what sort of response are you fishing for, given that comment and what is the point?

Edited by Trauglodyte, Jan 15 2019 - 21:21.

Deputy276 #67 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 20398 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 15 2019 - 14:16, said:

Why does seeking balance require some sort of uber fandom and why does it bother you that people who play German tanks, might want them to be on par with other tanks?  Should we simply ignore anything that is lagging behind, given that this game is almost a decade old?  If we're resorting to [edited]comments, should I slam you for being an easymoder since 1/3rd of your games are in Russian tanks?  Should I bash you for being a seal clubber when you have 700 games in the T-28, the most of all of your tanks played?

Honestly, what sort of response are you fishing for, given that comment and what is the point?

Selective reading of people's post going on here. :facepalm:

Two things:

#1. It's a RUSSIAN GAME. Can you not get that through your head? They are NEVER going to have German tanks be superior to, or even equal to, Russian tanks. Just ain't gonna happen, so deal with it and move on.

#2 History has ZERO to do with this game, other than some NAMES of historical tanks exist in the game. So people comparing historical or non-historical tanks is a titanic waste of time. Again, it's a RUSSIAN game that is aimed at mostly RUSSIAN players. They DON'T CARE about the opinions, legitimate or not, of western players. Hell, they hardly care about the opinions of Russian players.

Edited by Deputy276, Jan 15 2019 - 22:34.

HansReichardt #68 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 23:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12706 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

The German line has some of the best TDs in the game, and has the best SPGs

Until the higher tiers, I don't see anything competing with the Marder 38t (killing machine), Hetzer, Stug III G, e25, etc. The Jagdpanther is solid, and the Jagdtiger is somewhat one-dimensional, but is an excellent unit.

The German mediums are some of the best at tier VI. I strongly prefer my VK 30.01 (D) to my Cromwell. Better armor, much higher shell velocity, and better rammer.

But for a lot of the German units, then tend to get left behind at tier 7+. The Tiger is decent, but very situational, and when low-tier, it really struggles. The Tiger II is completely outclassed by virtually all other heavies at Tier VIII. The Panther is difficult to play. The Tier VIII-X lights are sub-par.

The E100 is garbage imho. Can't stand playing it. 

Apparently, the Pz. VIII is better, but I haven't used it.

But as others have said, playing German tanks requires a lot more skill. the first few times I took out my IS6, I was like "wow, this is so much easier!" 

Trauglodyte #69 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 23:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 23127 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 15 2019 - 22:33, said:

Selective reading of people's post going on here. :facepalm:

Two things:

#1. It's a RUSSIAN GAME. Can you not get that through your head? They are NEVER going to have German tanks be superior to, or even equal to, Russian tanks. Just ain't gonna happen, so deal with it and move on.

#2 History has ZERO to do with this game, other than some NAMES of historical tanks exist in the game. So people comparing historical or non-historical tanks is a titanic waste of time. Again, it's a RUSSIAN game that is aimed at mostly RUSSIAN players. They DON'T CARE about the opinions, legitimate or not, of western players. Hell, they hardly care about the opinions of Russian players.

It isn't selective reading to request balance on tanks.  The Churchill Gun Carrier is one of the worst, if not THE worst tank in the game.  Why is it allowed to have such a massive disparity in performance when there are ways of making it better, while maintaining historical scoping?  Keeping with British tanks, the Matilda is one of the most broken tanks in the game, along with the T67 - why keep the power levels so high when the package that allows them both to troll people, especially when brutalizing new players, isn't even historically accurate?  For that matter, why allow the E 25 to maintain pre-TD nerf aspects that make it so broken ALL while never fixing the tank size issue which WarGaming lists, comically, on their own website?

There is catering to the Russian audience, since they're the largest business demographic for the company.  And then there is just blatantly missing and lazy balance decisions.  Asking for things to be fixed to make the game more comfortable for everyone is within the rights of the player base.  And, for that matter, to think that the Russian community doesn't actually play German tanks is pitifully weak and ignorant, on your part.  Shape up!

Edited by Trauglodyte, Jan 15 2019 - 23:40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users