Jump to content


Secret Lab


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DixonCider563 #1 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41250 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012
Hi, i was wondering if any gamer here has had any  experience with Secret Lab computer chairs? If so how are they? And are they worth the money? Thanks 

Devil__Anse #2 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 723
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

no but your name  :teethhappy:



Evil_Putin #3 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 1031 battles
  • 2,534
  • [RUHUB] RUHUB
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012
They are better than most "gaming" chairs, but are still not worth their price imo. In fact, none of the so called "gaming" chairs are worth their money. If you want a great chair and are at least somewhat handy, find a car seat you like from CL/Fb marketplace. You can get a great leather seat from Bmw/MB/Lexus/some minivan (minivan's tend to have great seats as they are geared for long trips) for about $200-300 and another $50-100 will get you the hardware to turn it into a regular office chair. Not only will it be comfy to sit in for days, but it will also last you a lifetime. 

JollyGrim #4 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36506 battles
  • 569
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013

Yeah, I would highly recommend avoiding any type of chair like that - whether it's one of those gaming chairs or a cheap chair from your big-box office supply store - unless it's going to be seldom used.  Otherwise, you'll end up replacing them very frequently.

 

If the chair is going to see high usage, do yourself a favor and get a real office chair or an automobile chair converted into an office chair like Evil_Putin suggested.  

 



Awestryker #5 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 25861 battles
  • 3,078
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View PostEvil_Putin, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:27, said:

They are better than most "gaming" chairs, but are still not worth their price imo. In fact, none of the so called "gaming" chairs are worth their money. If you want a great chair and are at least somewhat handy, find a car seat you like from CL/Fb marketplace. You can get a great leather seat from Bmw/MB/Lexus/some minivan (minivan's tend to have great seats as they are geared for long trips) for about $200-300 and another $50-100 will get you the hardware to turn it into a regular office chair. Not only will it be comfy to sit in for days, but it will also last you a lifetime. 

 

Hrm...interesting idea...

DixonCider563 #6 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 20:59

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41250 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostJollyGrim, on Jan 07 2019 - 19:38, said:

Yeah, I would highly recommend avoiding any type of chair like that - whether it's one of those gaming chairs or a cheap chair from your big-box office supply store - unless it's going to be seldom used.  Otherwise, you'll end up replacing them very frequently.

 

If the chair is going to see high usage, do yourself a favor and get a real office chair or an automobile chair converted into an office chair like Evil_Putin suggested.  

 

 

Its not going to be highly used as i work and the hot months i pull alot of over time so mostly few hours here and there during the week and little more on weekends!! 

Overlooked #7 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6494 battles
  • 16
  • [BECUZ] BECUZ
  • Member since:
    11-07-2018
I've had one now for over a year and like it with the exception of height adjustment. Better have long legs if you get their biggest chair. Secret Lab doesn't seem to be too concerned to help me with it. 

Edited by Overlooked, Jan 07 2019 - 21:17.


DixonCider563 #8 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41250 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostOverlooked, on Jan 07 2019 - 20:15, said:

I've had one now for over a year and like it with the exception of height adjustment. Better have long legs if you get their biggest chair. Secret Lab doesn't seem to be too concerned to help me with it. 

 

i was going for the omega, so i take it you cant adjust height or is it just small adjustments to height?

WatashiWaDikkuGaDais #9 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 21:39

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8137 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014
They are good, but the price is too high for the quality. It's a better option to just go with an "office" chair over a "gaming" chair to save some money 

MonkeyKnot #10 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 22:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4832 battles
  • 16
  • [OOM] OOM
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

I have the Titian with the fabric covering instead of the pu vinyl. Have tried the office chairs and the imitation leather always comes apart and they are hot. [ I live in South Texas]. I'm 6' 3"  and like how it is very adjustable, I also built a footrest under my desk. So far it's very comfortable. The web site gives the measurement so you can decide if it will fit.



ricko7 #11 Posted Jan 07 2019 - 22:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1778 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
They just put gaming in front of the name to widen the market.A real gaming chair would have hydraulics.

Eleven_Hotel #12 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 00:15

    Captain

  • Players
  • 91791 battles
  • 1,248
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

I use high back office chairs. Some are better than others, but it sometimes comes down to the amount of time you sit in them.

The most comfortable one I have had was a Setra (Yes, the Mattress company) I bought at Walmart.

 



TheManFromKekistan #13 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 2,816
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostDevil__Anse, on Jan 07 2019 - 14:25, said:

no but your name  :teethhappy:

 

I haven't heard of that chair either. However I have heard of this.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users