I no longer feel amused with the MMO Tank games I play

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

90mmGunTankT25 #1 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 75 battles

Hi

You may think I'm a newcomer because of the account I'm using to make this post with is only a week old at the time of typing this. But the truth is, this isn't my first Wargaming account. For over 5 years, I have played various historical warfare MMO games on PC including War Thunder (which started my interest into this genre of games), Armored Warfare, and of course the Wargaming "World of" Holy Trinity (Tanks, Warplanes, and Warships). I've played other various games outside of historical warfare MMOs as well, mostly singleplayer titles. Overall, I like the idea of vehicle-based shooting combat with a military theme.

Now why am I making this post you may ask? Well, I feel like I'm getting burned out when I'm playing the games I've said that I play, particularly, the tank games. It's either because the I feel the game meta isn't right for me or the progressively long grinds are making me loose my interest in said tank game. In World of Tanks, I've played on different accounts over the past years. I started playing World of Tanks back in 2015 (I started playing World of Warplanes before that in 2013 so it's not the first Wargaming product I've ever played) and made 4 other accounts since then because I feel like starting out fresh is the most interesting part about it.

Now with World of Tanks, I've been on and off in playing it over the years mainly because the meta and game mechanics I felt weren't right for me. Yet, I keep feeling like coming back to it after not playing it for a while because I feel that there's something about it that makes it interesting and unique so I try it out again with a bit of some vigor hoping that I'll at least be okay with playing it again. Unfortunately, this lasts only for a few battles and deteriorates as I continue playing until I decide to stop and take a hiatus from playing it again.

Whenever I'm not playing World of Tanks, I usually play other games that have or not have some relevance to it. One of these games is War Thunder. I've been playing War Thunder for over 5 years and it's the game that got me into the Historical Warfare MMO genre in the first place. I first started playing it back in 2013 when planes were the only vehicles you could fly in it. In late 2014, I started playing the tank modes after they introduced the American tank lines for the game and it actually got me interested in to playing World of Tanks shortly after.

Around early 2016, I remember searching through the Windows 10 Store to find games that I could be interested in and I found one game called World of Tanks Blitz. I had never heard of the game before and decided to try it out for the first time. I wasn't disappointed. World of Tanks Blitz felt easier to play compared to regular World of Tanks. I felt like I was actually a really good player in a multiplayer game and I was proud of that.

Unfortunately now, I feel burned out on that game as well. Even though I feel like one of the best players in the game in terms of statistics, that doesn't stop me from feeling tired of the same old type of battle that despite you dishing out a lot of damage from enemy players, you still lose the battle because the rest of your team wasn't up to par and therefore denied you a victory that you felt should've been achieved because of all the hard work you put in. That type of battle happens a lot to me and right now I feel like I've had enough of that bullcrap and should just look elsewhere. Even after going back to War Thunder and later World of Tanks in the past few weeks, I feel burned out shortly after playing those games for several days. I feel as if I've tried everything there is available but I'm no longer amused with any of it and I now sit in a state of doubt and question "what do I want to do now?"

Now I've tried branching out into other games in the past but the effort in finding something new has either redirected me into what I've already tried or something that exists out there that I cannot access. An example of the latter is that there's a World of Tanks knock-off game called Ground War: Tanks. I've heard of this game a long time ago and at first just passed it off as some low quality derivative of the tank games I play. However, I did try to see if I could play it myself, but trying to get the game to even install was impossible for some reason probably because I don't live in Russia and they don't let you play if your not from a particular region. The former is really just a result of Google searching "Games similar to World of Tanks" and finding pretty much copy pasted lists.

Sometimes, I wonder if me thinking too much as it is a characteristic of mine is bringing me down. Or, if it's because I don't speak to a lot of people and usually play multiplayer games on my own. I have joined clans and they do bring a sense of being felt like a part of a group to some degree. But at the end of the day for me, 95% of my time playing multiplayer games over a week is just me playing with a bunch of strangers. Perhaps it's just because I'm not much of social person in the first place. Frown

Now, to summarize what I just said: I'm bored, I'm (somewhat) lonely, I like tanks (at least historical tank games), and I'm out of ideas of what to do. For more information about me, I've been in two clans in World of Tanks: one on my second account that lasted for about a month (they're no longer active); my current one I'm in on my third account and so far, they're still active yet I don't have much contact with them, especially right now, but I can still hop on and play some games with them right now if I want to so don't invite me to join your clan or whatever because I don't have to. Also, in case you haven't noticed, I keep making myself lonely even though I feel that it's bringing me down which probably makes me a hypocrite (is that right word for it?).

Okay, that's enough typing. Doing these make time fly by real fast. I gotta do something else right now. Something that's more entertaining. Alright, bye!

Oh yeah, P.S.: I've made a post somewhat like this one a while on another account. I intended to make this post sort of a follow up to that one but I couldn't because I wasn't "active" on the account I made it on. Here's the post: http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Edited by 90mmGunTankT25, Jan 08 2019 - 02:40.

PapioTitan #2 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45225 battles

You may have a wee bit of depression. I certainly can't give professional advice but I would step away from the PC for awhile and seek out friends and family. Expand your world and find things that put a smile on your face.

Otherwise I'm not sure what your looking for from the forum.

GL

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 03:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 13834 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Another manifesto.

BigDollarBillz #4 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 03:16

Major

• Players
  • 38764 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Another wall of text. Why not just put in a ticket so the right people sees what you have to say. Writing a book on the forums won't get you any where.

MapleOne #5 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 26560 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
it's like everything in life, do it enough times and it becomes dull, boring and repetitive. Either accept that it's just a game or take a break. 

madogthefirst #6 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 03:58

Major

• Players
  • 24252 battles
Post from your real account and maybe you'll get sympathy.

Nunya_000 #7 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

You posted this from a week old account with 75 battles.  You posted the other manifesto from an older account, but it still only had 194 battles......and the account appears to be banned for some reason.  While there is really no problem doing this, you will likely find few people that will provide any positive input as your credibility is somewhat questionable when you do so.

However, to address your OP:

1. If it is social interaction you are looking for, get out of the home and away from the computer.  Social interaction in computer games is a poor substitute for real life interaction.

2. If it is the game/genre you are tired of, play other games of a different genre.  I get tired of playing the same games over and over.....even if they are the same type of games, but different developers.  Myself, I like to play Skyrim or Fallout 4.  I have also just started playing Metro as a change of pace.

Son__Of__Anarchy #8 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 08 2019 - 15:41, said:

However, to address your OP:

1. If it is social interaction you are looking for, get out of the home and away from the computer.  Social interaction in computer games is a poor substitute for real life interaction.

i met my wife in a video game little more than a dozen years ago...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users