2 artillery per match each side max

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

toshiomagic #1 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 27125 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Have any of the devs or any employees at wargaming at all ever played in a match with 3 artillery on both sides? It is absolute cancer. You basically have to camp the entire match. Make it 2 max. If you're feeling like you want to actually improve the game. Make it one per side, or remove artillery from the game altogether.

Altwar #2 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 55840 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Posttoshiomagic, on Jan 07 2019 - 19:32, said:

Have any of the devs or any employees at wargaming at all ever played in a match with 3 artillery on both sides? It is absolute cancer. You basically have to camp the entire match. Make it 2 max. If you're feeling like you want to actually improve the game. Make it one per side, or remove artillery from the game altogether.

Camping plays into the SPGs game.  When there are 3 SPGs in game, that means the defense is softer and the lines are more porous.  Push hard early and you can get rewarded.  Camp as you suggest and you get pounded.   So no, not a limit of 2.  If anything, remove the limits, see the teams get loaded up with SPGs and watch the non SPGs feast until players adapt.

RickEdwards #3 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26713 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostAltwar, on Jan 08 2019 - 04:52, said:

Camping plays into the SPGs game.  When there are 3 SPGs in game, that means the defense is softer and the lines are more porous.  Push hard early and you can get rewarded.  Camp as you suggest and you get pounded.   So no, not a limit of 2.  If anything, remove the limits, see the teams get loaded up with SPGs and watch the non SPGs feast until players adapt.

I really do not know what game you are playing... Are you talking low tiers maybe? Cause in high tier games with 3 arty you get slammed for around 400 damage by each arty if you try to push with the only real counter being to camp and not get spotted. And right before they limited arty there were 5 arty games and what ended up happening was even more camping since, once again, when you got spotted you'd get slammed by 5 arty and likely die.

Making the limit 2 per team is really what they should do, but I think they have said that it will end up making every game always have arty and they don't want that, apparently. Of course, 2-3 arty per team games are so frequent that they might as well be every game, so IDK what WG is thinking. My guess is that it would make queue times for arty really long and they don't want to hear arty players whine about having to wait so long to ruin a match.

nuclearguy931 #4 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 77624 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Remove the cap limit altogether and let the player base decide how many get into battle.

Altwar #5 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 55840 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostRickEdwards, on Jan 07 2019 - 20:04, said:

I really do not know what game you are playing... Are you talking low tiers maybe? Cause in high tier games with 3 arty you get slammed for around 400 damage by each arty if you try to push with the only real counter being to camp and not get spotted. And right before they limited arty there were 5 arty games and what ended up happening was even more camping since, once again, when you got spotted you'd get slammed by 5 arty and likely die.

Making the limit 2 per team is really what they should do, but I think they have said that it will end up making every game always have arty and they don't want that, apparently. Of course, 2-3 arty per team games are so frequent that they might as well be every game, so IDK what WG is thinking. My guess is that it would make queue times for arty really long and they don't want to hear arty players whine about having to wait so long to ruin a match.

I play all tiers.   I've a variety of vehicles at each tier and play whatever I feel like playing.

So you mentioned high tier games with SPGs that may hit you with a 400 hp damage hit once every 30 seconds, provided they can hit you again with a 30-40% hit rate.  Meanwhile every other class can pound you for the same damage or more with greater frequency.  And those others number from 12-15 on a team.   Yes, they need LOS but they can also maneuver around and negate whatever cover you are using.

I was here when the limits were 5 SPG and that just meant that there was a lot of snacks for lights and mediums to get to.   

I was here when there was no limits with SPGs.  Good fun times when you could see 10 SPGs in a game at times because it meant a variety in play and thinking outside of the normal confines. 

You know the normal confines:  heavies to this spot with the rocks.  TDs to this ridge that looks over this area.  Lights roam around or hide in bushes to light things up.  Rinse and repeat.

Random variety shakes up that conventional play so that you adapt to the situation at hand or your chances of returning to the garage may increase.   

Either way, limits limit the game.  Put a harder limit on a class, limit the game even more.  So for my opinion, NO is the answer to your opinion of having less.

Christojojo #6 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 05:44

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33849 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Posttoshiomagic, on Jan 07 2019 - 22:32, said:

I want unlimited arty!!!!

SparkyGT #7 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 47640 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
how about 2 of only each class to make things fair?  LOL, the OP is going to be added to everyones arty hitlist now

Edited by SparkyGT, Jan 08 2019 - 06:21.

Genzing #8 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 06:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22277 battles

If you're camping the entire game, I don't know what to tell you bud. In my opinion, games with 7+ TDs are campy, at least when arty fires, I know I can move around safely, where as with TDs, even if I so much as peek my track out, hit by 3 FVs, perma tracked, disintegrated. If you thought arty was bad now, I cant imagine what you'd think of back in the day when it was even possible to get 10+ arty where arty could one shot, it was more accurate and could defend itself 1000x better and maybe 1 light and 1 heavy to spot.

tod914 #9 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 06:38

Major

• Players
  • 61013 battles

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jan 07 2019 - 23:11, said:

Remove Arty  the cap limit altogether and let the player base decide how many get into battle.

Fixed it for you.

Spoiler

n4cer67 #10 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17314 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
3 max per side is perfectly fine. What's wrong, you don't like your Spg competing for targets with two other Spgs?

Edited by n4cer67, Jan 08 2019 - 08:24.

n4cer67 #11 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17314 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View Posttod914, on Jan 07 2019 - 23:38, said:

I play arty and want it removed because it threatens my camping in my TD's.

Fixed it for you.

P0NYTANK #12 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39162 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
0 SPG's per match it's a perfect number! :B

Pipinghot #13 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 10:54

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Have any of the devs or any employees at wargaming at all ever played in a match with 3 artillery on both sides?
You already know that they have, your silly and inflammatory rhetorical question serves no useful purpose, unless you goal is to make people roll their eyes.

Make it 2 max.

You've been playing since 2011, which means you know very well they already tried this and it didn't work out.

Ratnikk #14 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 11:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10267 battles
On the contrary, camping when theres 3 arty is a bad decision. Its way easier to farm people camping than when theyre moving in my spg but i agree 3 is too much 2 max would be ideal.

ViseGrip #15 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 14:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 44395 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
All you anti arty people out there..... You people have no clue as to what it was like when there was max 5 arty per side and 1 SHOT 1 KILL was the normal.... Or knocking an IS7 down to under half health with 1 shot. YOU SOON LEARNED TO PLAY...... ARTY SAFE.  You soon learned where the normal was that arty would set and avoided being caught in the open. You people have it way to easy. WOT Complied to what you wanted, took out the 1 shot 1 kill and reduced arty from max 5 per side to max 3 per side..... AND STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU CRY BABIES.     You mama boys that live in the basement and cry all day about arty this and arty that. I have come to understand that.....  EVEN IF you did get what you wanted..... You would find something else to cry about.   You want max 2 arty per side..... OK I'm good with that.. as long as I can have back my 1 shot 1 kill.  Cause these are the facts.... The Arty unit I was attached to would shoot a 90lb shell from more than 20 miles away....... And trust me when I tell you......... When that shell hit a tank...... The tank would move no more. The tank was dead as was all the people in side...SO you have it easy in game when my arty only does 300 damage and a slight stun effect.  Good luck in battle. As someone else stated your name has been added to a list of people to torment in game with arty. hahahahahaha

heavymetal1967 #16 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 67309 battles

View Posttod914, on Jan 08 2019 - 00:38, said:

Fixed it for you.

Spoiler

Time for an "answer song trio".  ;)

Spoiler

EmperorJuliusCaesar #17 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Posttoshiomagic, on Jan 08 2019 - 10:32, said:

Yeah, no, 3 per battle is much more fun than 2.

You post about arty on the weekly despite WG stating they are done changing arty and won't limit them due to queue times/concerns.....do you not get it yet?

latvius #18 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29132 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
Never thought about unlimited arty, I wonder if you would have more matches without arty in the overall picture.  Make a template in MM to have like 3 lights and 12 arty.  It might actually be kinda fun, something different anyways and maybe that would make more matches arty free because right now it is fairly rare from what I have seen.

Manimal__ #19 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles

Then, when WG changes it to 2 arties per map....

View Posttoshiomagic, on Jan 07 2020 - 19:32, said:

Have any of the devs or any employees at wargaming at all ever played in a match with 2 artillery on both sides? It is absolute cancer. You basically have to camp the entire match. Make it 1 max. If you're feeling like you want to actually improve the game. Make it one per side, or remove artillery from the game altogether.

Ich_bin_Hass #20 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:28

Captain

• Players
  • 78831 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

View PostViseGrip, on Jan 08 2019 - 07:13, said:

All you anti arty people out there..... You people have no clue as to what it was like when there was max 5 arty per side and 1 SHOT 1 KILL was the normal.... Or knocking an IS7 down to under half health with 1 shot. YOU SOON LEARNED TO PLAY...... ARTY SAFE.  You soon learned where the normal was that arty would set and avoided being caught in the open. You people have it way to easy. WOT Complied to what you wanted, took out the 1 shot 1 kill and reduced arty from max 5 per side to max 3 per side..... AND STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU CRY BABIES.     You mama boys that live in the basement and cry all day about arty this and arty that. I have come to understand that.....  EVEN IF you did get what you wanted..... You would find something else to cry about.   You want max 2 arty per side..... OK I'm good with that.. as long as I can have back my 1 shot 1 kill.  Cause these are the facts.... The Arty unit I was attached to would shoot a 90lb shell from more than 20 miles away....... And trust me when I tell you......... When that shell hit a tank...... The tank would move no more. The tank was dead as was all the people in side...SO you have it easy in game when my arty only does 300 damage and a slight stun effect.  Good luck in battle. As someone else stated your name has been added to a list of people to torment in game with arty. hahahahahaha

Most of these crying players. That constantly cry about something. Premium ammo use. Which WG's caused by all the OP'd Russian Heavies, Mediums and TD's that have tiny, few or NO weak spots frontally. That the only way to have a chance of pen'ing them is premium ammo.  Artty ! Which has been here since kick off. The reason there was so much trouble long ago was ASLANS mod pack and artty sniper mod. That's when artty drivers started using AP and Heat to wreck heavy tanks. Most of these snowflakes weren't a round when up to TEN !!!! artties per side was possible. So have NO IDEA how bad it could get. But now cry about the stun effect which these VERY same crying snowflakes got for their constant BIT*HING !

The one thing I would really like to see ! Is WG's stop putting out OP'd premium and tech tree Russian tanks. Stop trying to balance maps as WG's tend to just further SCREW them UP ! Stop making corridor maps to please the unicums. Bring back all the removed maps (Not the City maps as we have more than enough corridor maps now.) like Dragon Ridge, Northwest, Severogorst, South Coast, Pearl River, and other maps removed that supported EVERY TANK TYPE. Not just heavies and mediums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users