WOT and Teamspeak

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AceofBlackDirt #1 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8822 battles

I would like to link Teamspeak to my world of tanks program on my mac.

What is the name of the server name I use in Teamspeak?

What settingS do I have to make to WOT to get them to work together?

What are the operational commands I use while playing?

What are the screen indictors that show another person is available to communicate?

Thank you very much.

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38759 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
2 different programs. You can use overwolf for some added features.

Dockmaster #3 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44734 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

Team Speak is a stand alone program. You do not need to link it to WoT.

If you platoon with someone you simply needs the server address and password if required.

There are some free servers that you can use. I suggest using Google to find some.

Good luck.

Devildog8 #4 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 11377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostCaptputz, on Jan 08 2019 - 09:43, said:

I would like to link Teamspeak to my world of tanks program on my mac.

What is the name of the server name I use in Teamspeak?

What settingS do I have to make to WOT to get them to work together?

What are the operational commands I use while playing?

What are the screen indictors that show another person is available to communicate?

Thank you very much.

yeah over wolf is your only way if your talking about overlay to see who is talking on your screen the actual overlay system in TS has been down or replaced with the overwolf 

sparky_49 #5 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 18:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9347 battles

Instead of an overlay I use dual monitors, if you have that capability it works well, and eliminates additional clutter on the battle screen. Start Teamspeak first, then slide that window over to the second monitor. Then start WoT in the primary monitor. 

I just really wish there was some way to move the minimap to a second monitor so I could make it even larger.

Devildog8 #6 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 11377 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View Postsparky_49, on Jan 08 2019 - 11:10, said:

Instead of an overlay I use dual monitors, if you have that capability it works well, and eliminates additional clutter on the battle screen. Start Teamspeak first, then slide that window over to the second monitor. Then start WoT in the primary monitor. 

I just really wish there was some way to move the minimap to a second monitor so I could make it even larger.

I also use dual monitors because im not a fan of Overwolf

AceofBlackDirt #7 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 23:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8822 battles

Thank you for the informative answers. OK. Overwolf looks great , but I cannot find a version that runs on a MAC. Is there another program with the same function that will run on a MAC?

Also I am assuming that when one runs a stronghold battle , and the team leader adds you he will tell you which server they are using ? Correct? And then one signs on and begins to communicate.

At times I have heard chatter come in on my MAC , I am not sure how this happens , but it does , can this be explained and can I use it?

In regular day to day play how does one know if a player is using team speak and how do I join in with them. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #8 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 29300 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCaptputz, on Jan 08 2019 - 14:42, said:

Thank you for the informative answers. OK. Overwolf looks great , but I cannot find a version that runs on a MAC. Is there another program with the same function that will run on a MAC?

Also I am assuming that when one runs a stronghold battle , and the team leader adds you he will tell you which server they are using ? Correct? And then one signs on and begins to communicate.

At times I have heard chatter come in on my MAC , I am not sure how this happens , but it does , can this be explained and can I use it?

In regular day to day play how does one know if a player is using team speak and how do I join in with them. 

Sorry, not a Mac user.

As to SHs, we always post our TS3 server address and password in the detachment chat for our Legionaries.

They can then join and communicate with the rest of the detachment members.

If you legionary a lot and feel you might want to rejoin the same group later just save their connection in your TS3 client.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users