Jump to content


Make the skins exchangeable!


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Salladex #1 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 18:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018
I bought 11 loot boxes hoping to get the skins for the IS-7 and T57 Heavy, because I'm a heavy tank guy. But I got the B-C 25 T and Grille skins instead. :facepalm:
I will never play Grille! So what am I going to do with that skin ? make them exchangeable! :izmena:

PS: Your preview option of the skins don't work. 

goldfinger_555 #2 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 18:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27509 battles
  • 1,052
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
I agree....BTW pretty risky trying to get two skins through 11 boxes. Pretty unfortunate to get the other two skins you didn't want through those same 11 boxes. Hope you won some other nice prizes.

Pipinghot #3 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 18:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,169
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostSalladex, on Jan 09 2019 - 12:15, said:

I bought 11 loot boxes hoping to get the skins for the IS-7 and T57 Heavy, because I'm a heavy tank guy. But I got the B-C 25 T and Grille skins instead.

This is why people should never, ever, buy loot boxes in a game. Loot boxes are a scam, they are gambling, and gambling is not a legitimate game mechanic.

 



Salladex #4 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 19:12

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Jan 09 2019 - 18:38, said:

I agree....BTW pretty risky trying to get two skins through 11 boxes. Pretty unfortunate to get the other two skins you didn't want through those same 11 boxes. Hope you won some other nice prizes.

 

I got 3.5k gold, 8 days premium time, those 2 skins and the M4 Improved. I paid $13,54 on the 11 loot boxes (I live in Brazil, the lootboxes are cheaper) and from the 2 free loot boxes I got the 105 leFH arty, the Turán and 1.2k gold.

PS: I also completed the Christmas album, getting the Tempered Glass Style.

Salladex #5 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 19:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 09 2019 - 18:48, said:

This is why people should never, ever, buy loot boxes in a game. Loot boxes are a scam, they are gambling, and gambling is not a legitimate game mechanic.

 

 

The loot boxes are used most of the time as a scammy tactic indeed. But if it was possible to get all of their content outside of the loot boxes, they could be something nice. (Getting premium time and gold cheaper with a chance of getting skins and tanks, that would be nice!) unfortunately that is not the case.

Desert_Fox_1969 #6 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 20:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35111 battles
  • 1,412
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 09 2019 - 12:48, said:

This is why people should never, ever, buy loot boxes in a game. Loot boxes are a scam, they are gambling, and gambling is not a legitimate game mechanic.

 

 

They are NOT gambling. You get at a minimum the gold equivalent of the money spent. Anything extra is a bonus. 

EA got in trouble with the law in Europe when they had loot boxes that had a value below purchase price. As long as you get your moneys worth it is not gambling. 



RickEdwards #7 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 20:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28314 battles
  • 487
  • [NISHI] NISHI
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013
I agree; either that or let us sell them for gold or something... I got the Grille 15 one in my 2 free boxes I got and I have absolutely no interest in the Grille 15.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 23:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,169
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 09 2019 - 14:00, said:

They are NOT gambling. You get at a minimum the gold equivalent of the money spent. Anything extra is a bonus. 

EA got in trouble with the law in Europe when they had loot boxes that had a value below purchase price. As long as you get your moneys worth it is not gambling. 

Loot boxes are always gambling, regardless of what you get, you're betting that you'll get what you want.



Salladex #9 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 23:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 09 2019 - 23:29, said:

Loot boxes are always gambling, regardless of what you get, you're betting that you'll get what you want.

 

Yes, but if you want gold and premium time for example you are not gambling. Because you will get both cheaper with the loot boxes... but the scammy tactic in this case is putting exclusive tanks and skins in it.



VooDooKobra #10 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 9817 battles
  • 5,619
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostSalladex, on Jan 09 2019 - 10:15, said:

I bought 11 loot boxes hoping to get the skins for the IS-7 and T57 Heavy, because I'm a heavy tank guy. But I got the B-C 25 T and Grille skins instead. :facepalm:
I will never play Grille! So what am I going to do with that skin ? make them exchangeable! :izmena:

PS: Your preview option of the skins don't work. 

 

are you talking a trade in for skins you have won but will not use?  they do it for tanks so i dont see how it would be that hard to do in the future as the number of skins grow

Pipinghot #11 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 10:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,169
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 09 2019 - 14:00, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 09 2019 - 12:48, said:

This is why people should never, ever, buy loot boxes in a game. Loot boxes are a scam, they are gambling, and gambling is not a legitimate game mechanic.

They are NOT gambling. You get at a minimum the gold equivalent of the money spent. Anything extra is a bonus.

No, it's not the "gold equivalent of the money spent", that's the scam and it's working on you. It's some gold, but not the equivalent amount.

 

Just because you get some gold from the loot boxes does not mean that you're getting the full value of the money you're spending. In your own words, loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which anyone can see simply by looking at the price of gold. Every time you buy loot boxes you are betting that you can get something that makes up for the lost money so you can come out ahead, and that's gambling.

 

If you buy 3 loot boxes you will get 750 gold and that will cost $5.99.

If you just buy 750 gold you will get 750 gold and that will cost $4.28.

You would be paying an extra $1.71 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $1.71 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's gambling. Unless you can prove that everyone who buys 3 loot boxes is getting bonus prizes worth at least $1.78 then loot boxes are gambling, and that's why loot boxes are a scam (just like in every other game).

 

This is true even if you go for the best deal.

If you buy 75 loot boxes you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $99.00

If you just buy 18,750 gold you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $77.30

You would be paying an extra $21.70 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $21.70 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's still gambling.

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 09 2019 - 14:00, said:

EA got in trouble with the law in Europe when they had loot boxes that had a value below purchase price. As long as you get your moneys worth it is not gambling. 

No. EA got in trouble because they are a U.S. based company doing business in Europe, and the EU consumer protection agency knew that they could actually affect a U.S. based company. WG is based in Belarus & Cyprus, which means that any EU attempts at consumer protection would be met by stonewalling from governments that don't care one bit about consumer protection. Loot boxes are a scam, they're just not a scam that big enough for the EU consumer protection agencies to try to fight, especially with a company that would be nearly impossible for them to have any affect on.


Edited by Pipinghot, Jan 10 2019 - 10:56.


Salladex #12 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 13:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jan 10 2019 - 06:54, said:

 

are you talking a trade in for skins you have won but will not use?  they do it for tanks so i dont see how it would be that hard to do in the future as the number of skins grow

Yes, but I want to trade for another skin. Since skins don't have stats and are not like tanks, that should be possible without a problem.


Edited by Salladex, Jan 10 2019 - 13:58.


Desert_Fox_1969 #13 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:49

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35111 battles
  • 1,412
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:54, said:

No, it's not the "gold equivalent of the money spent", that's the scam and it's working on you. It's some gold, but not the equivalent amount.

 

Just because you get some gold from the loot boxes does not mean that you're getting the full value of the money you're spending. In your own words, loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which anyone can see simply by looking at the price of gold. Every time you buy loot boxes you are betting that you can get something that makes up for the lost money so you can come out ahead, and that's gambling.

 

If you buy 3 loot boxes you will get 750 gold and that will cost $5.99.

If you just buy 750 gold you will get 750 gold and that will cost $4.28.

You would be paying an extra $1.71 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $1.71 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's gambling. Unless you can prove that everyone who buys 3 loot boxes is getting bonus prizes worth at least $1.78 then loot boxes are gambling, and that's why loot boxes are a scam (just like in every other game).

 

This is true even if you go for the best deal.

If you buy 75 loot boxes you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $99.00

If you just buy 18,750 gold you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $77.30

You would be paying an extra $21.70 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $21.70 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's still gambling.

No. EA got in trouble because they are a U.S. based company doing business in Europe, and the EU consumer protection agency knew that they could actually affect a U.S. based company. WG is based in Belarus & Cyprus, which means that any EU attempts at consumer protection would be met by stonewalling from governments that don't care one bit about consumer protection. Loot boxes are a scam, they're just not a scam that big enough for the EU consumer protection agencies to try to fight, especially with a company that would be nearly impossible for them to have any affect on.

 

I am awaiting your complaint to the Better Business Bureau for fraud then. They will laugh at you. I have yet to hear anyone complain for not getting their moneys worth on the loot boxes, being it in premium time, gold or premium tanks.

 



Pipinghot #14 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 18:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,169
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 10 2019 - 09:49, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:54, said:

No, it's not the "gold equivalent of the money spent", that's the scam and it's working on you. It's some gold, but not the equivalent amount.

 

Just because you get some gold from the loot boxes does not mean that you're getting the full value of the money you're spending. In your own words, loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which anyone can see simply by looking at the price of gold. Every time you buy loot boxes you are betting that you can get something that makes up for the lost money so you can come out ahead, and that's gambling.

 

If you buy 3 loot boxes you will get 750 gold and that will cost $5.99.

If you just buy 750 gold you will get 750 gold and that will cost $4.28.

You would be paying an extra $1.71 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $1.71 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's gambling. Unless you can prove that everyone who buys 3 loot boxes is getting bonus prizes worth at least $1.78 then loot boxes are gambling, and that's why loot boxes are a scam (just like in every other game).

 

This is true even if you go for the best deal.

If you buy 75 loot boxes you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $99.00

If you just buy 18,750 gold you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $77.30

You would be paying an extra $21.70 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $21.70 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's still gambling.

No. EA got in trouble because they are a U.S. based company doing business in Europe, and the EU consumer protection agency knew that they could actually affect a U.S. based company. WG is based in Belarus & Cyprus, which means that any EU attempts at consumer protection would be met by stonewalling from governments that don't care one bit about consumer protection. Loot boxes are a scam, they're just not a scam that big enough for the EU consumer protection agencies to try to fight, especially with a company that would be nearly impossible for them to have any affect on.

I am awaiting your complaint to the Better Business Bureau for fraud then. They will laugh at you. I have yet to hear anyone complain for not getting their moneys worth on the loot boxes, being it in premium time, gold or premium tanks.

Then you'd better get really good at waiting, because it's never going to happen. I've already said (multiple times) that there's no point in pursuing the issue because there's no agency that would take it on. It's up to each player to be aware of how loot boxes are a scam, and if they can't see what's plainly in front of them then it's their own problem.

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 10 2019 - 09:49, said:

I am awaiting your complaint to the Better Business Bureau for fraud then. They will laugh at you. I have yet to hear anyone complain for not getting their moneys worth on the loot boxes, being it in premium time, gold or premium tanks.

Whether people complain or not is immaterial, most people don't complain when they get scammed because they never realize they're being scammed in the first place. The math is so simple a 4th grader could understand it, and yet you're still acting like it's an honest transaction. Again, in your own words, the loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which is what you claim was the reason that EA was prosecuted, and yet you defend the same practice by WG. Either you being hypocritical about this issue or your ego won't let you admit that you fell for a scam.



Salladex #15 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 20:47

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14560 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    03-09-2018

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:54, said:

No, it's not the "gold equivalent of the money spent", that's the scam and it's working on you. It's some gold, but not the equivalent amount.

 

Just because you get some gold from the loot boxes does not mean that you're getting the full value of the money you're spending. In your own words, loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which anyone can see simply by looking at the price of gold. Every time you buy loot boxes you are betting that you can get something that makes up for the lost money so you can come out ahead, and that's gambling.

 

If you buy 3 loot boxes you will get 750 gold and that will cost $5.99.

If you just buy 750 gold you will get 750 gold and that will cost $4.28.

You would be paying an extra $1.71 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $1.71 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's gambling. Unless you can prove that everyone who buys 3 loot boxes is getting bonus prizes worth at least $1.78 then loot boxes are gambling, and that's why loot boxes are a scam (just like in every other game).

 

This is true even if you go for the best deal.

If you buy 75 loot boxes you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $99.00

If you just buy 18,750 gold you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $77.30

You would be paying an extra $21.70 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $21.70 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's still gambling.

No. EA got in trouble because they are a U.S. based company doing business in Europe, and the EU consumer protection agency knew that they could actually affect a U.S. based company. WG is based in Belarus & Cyprus, which means that any EU attempts at consumer protection would be met by stonewalling from governments that don't care one bit about consumer protection. Loot boxes are a scam, they're just not a scam that big enough for the EU consumer protection agencies to try to fight, especially with a company that would be nearly impossible for them to have any affect on.

 

From where did you get those numbers ? I just watched about 20 videos on youtube of people opening 75 loot boxes and NONE got less than 40k gold. Im not here to defend loot boxes %#$ that [edited]. But one thing is for sure, for GOLD and premium time they are worth it.

Edited by Salladex, Jan 10 2019 - 20:48.


Pipinghot #16 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 05:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 10,169
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostSalladex, on Jan 10 2019 - 14:47, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:54, said:

No, it's not the "gold equivalent of the money spent", that's the scam and it's working on you. It's some gold, but not the equivalent amount.

 

Just because you get some gold from the loot boxes does not mean that you're getting the full value of the money you're spending. In your own words, loot boxes have "a value below purchase price", which anyone can see simply by looking at the price of gold. Every time you buy loot boxes you are betting that you can get something that makes up for the lost money so you can come out ahead, and that's gambling.

 

If you buy 3 loot boxes you will get 750 gold and that will cost $5.99.

If you just buy 750 gold you will get 750 gold and that will cost $4.28.

You would be paying an extra $1.71 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $1.71 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's gambling. Unless you can prove that everyone who buys 3 loot boxes is getting bonus prizes worth at least $1.78 then loot boxes are gambling, and that's why loot boxes are a scam (just like in every other game).

 

This is true even if you go for the best deal.

If you buy 75 loot boxes you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $99.00

If you just buy 18,750 gold you will get 18,750 gold and that will cost $77.30

You would be paying an extra $21.70 for the loot boxes, and what you're doing with that $21.70 is betting that you'll get something that's worth the extra money you're spending. That's still gambling.

No. EA got in trouble because they are a U.S. based company doing business in Europe, and the EU consumer protection agency knew that they could actually affect a U.S. based company. WG is based in Belarus & Cyprus, which means that any EU attempts at consumer protection would be met by stonewalling from governments that don't care one bit about consumer protection. Loot boxes are a scam, they're just not a scam that big enough for the EU consumer protection agencies to try to fight, especially with a company that would be nearly impossible for them to have any affect on.

From where did you get those numbers ?

From the Premium store.

https://na.wargaming.../shop/wot/main/

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users