arty spam

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

iiNSaNiiTY #1 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 04:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

because the artillery can kill crew members and destroy modules without even hitting the tank? (please do not leave with "realism" that WG decided to leave the simulator path a long time ago). I am tired of spending thousands of credits on repairs kit and medical kit thanks to the cancer of the sky, I just lost a battle to be perma tracked thanks to 3 artys that focused on me, I could not move for 5 minutes and each hit kill to a crew member and damaged a module.

because for WG is it so difficult to make the arty less annoying? Since they said they do not plan to reduce their amount to 1 per battle, then please lower the costs of the consumables or at least remove the stun and damage to crew / modules by splash.

Edited by iiNSaNiiTY, Jan 10 2019 - 05:17.

Arcata #2 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5398 battles

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:59, said:

because the artillery can kill crew members and destroy modules without even hitting the tank? (please do not leave with "realism" that WG decided to leave the simulator path a long time ago). I am tired of spending thousands of credits on repairs kit and medical kit thanks to the cancer of the sky, I just lost a battle to be perma tracked thanks to 3 artys that focused on me, I could not move for 5 minutes and each hit kill to a crew member and damaged a module.

because for WG is it so difficult to make the arty less annoying? Since they said they do not plan to reduce their amount to 1 per battle, then please lower the costs of the consumables or at least remove the stun and damage to crew / modules by splash.

Sorry, I can't be empathetic to your post.  First off, I can't understand why people get so worked up about arty.  Sure, I've played heavies and slow TD's, and it can be a bit frustrating when you get focused by arty, but then, it can also be frustrating getting the circle of death from a light or a medium.  Arty don't have a big enough impact on my game to make me want to go start a forum discussion about it, and yet the forum is full of them.

Secondly, three arty focus firing at you well and should end your match.  Three tanks of any kind focusing you would likely have the same effect.  At that point it just isn't your lucky day, and you should be impressed that at least three players on the other team are using teamwork.  For that alone, this should be a thread praising arty.

Edited by Arcata, Jan 10 2019 - 05:06.

jdub11 #3 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I'll leave this for the trolls

_1204_ #4 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles
  1. Was world of tanks ever on the path to be a simulator? Tanks dont have HP
  2. If your hit by arty, I feel like its at  least partly your fault. You dont stand on a highway and expect not to get hit by a car... Try a spall liner or a large medkit if you really feel strongly on the subject. If you hate splash damage, find better cover

iiNSaNiiTY #5 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View Post_1204_, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:06, said:

1. Was world of tanks ever on the path to be a simulator? Tanks dont have HP
  2. If your hit by arty, I feel like its at  least partly your fault. You dont stand on a highway and expect not to get hit by a car... Try a spall liner or a large medkit if you really feel strongly on the subject. If you hate splash damage, find better cover

I never really like to respond to comments from players with less than 5k battles because most are troll but I will do the exception with you.

1: I said that to avoid comments from artys players who would use realism as an argument

2: No one player who played a heavy one would say that, plus I was Top tier I could not stay behind the base just to be avoided being hit by the arty ... I already carry large packages of consumables but even so they are not enough to counteract the spam arty.

The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 12923 battles

First, change that red. Thats for mods only.

The fact that arty can effectively remove a tank from the game, without killing it is stupid. Tank crews need to have a 30 - 60 second immunity to stun after receiving it.

Arcata #7 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5398 battles

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:13, said:

I never really like to respond to comments from players with less than 5k battles because most are troll but I will do the exception with you.

1: I said that to avoid comments from artys players who would use realism as an argument

2: No one player who played a heavy one would say that, plus I was Top tier I could not stay behind the base just to be avoided being hit by the arty ... I already carry large packages of consumables but even so they are not enough to counteract the spam arty.

He has his stats right in his sig line...anyone looking at those stats can tell you he has a lot more than 5k battles.  Don't be fooled by the number under his username.

mlinke #8 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:26

Captain

• Players
  • 51519 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
no brain, no gain

iiNSaNiiTY #9 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View Postmlinke, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:26, said:

no brain, no gain

and after 50k of battles I think you have not been able to find your brain either...

skytale #10 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12957 battles
Nothing to see here. Just another "I got hurt by arty so it needs to be nerfed.." After several pages of the same arguments back and forth, it will boil down to OP and his ilk being unhappy with indirect fire as WG implements it at the team level. The fact that a green player (arty) can hit a red non-arty player without direct retaliation is balanced by the reverse being true. This game is balanced (at least at the start) at the team level, not the individual level.

iiNSaNiiTY #11 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View Postskytale, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:40, said:

Nothing to see here. Just another "I got hurt by arty so it needs to be nerfed.." After several pages of the same arguments back and forth, it will boil down to OP and his ilk being unhappy with indirect fire as WG implements it at the team level. The fact that a green player (arty) can hit a red non-arty player without direct retaliation is balanced by the reverse being true. This game is balanced (at least at the start) at the team level, not the individual level.

I read out there that they were thinking about a new balance for the artillery, so I post this for a mod read it and take it to the suggestion box, for this is the forum, do not you like it? nobody forces you to participate.

_1204_ #12 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles

View PostArcata, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:21, said:

He has his stats right in his sig line...anyone looking at those stats can tell you he has a lot more than 5k battles.  Don't be fooled by the number under his username.

Actually is right about at 5k net. I just stick to the good tanks and play a lot of WoT blitz (~20k there):P. OP just is salty and feels like berating anything that disagrees

iiNSaNiiTY #13 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View Post_1204_, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:46, said:

Actually is right about at 5k net. I just stick to the good tanks and play a lot of WoT blitz (~20k there):P. OP just is salty and feels like berating anything that disagrees

Nope, I just do not like that someone who does not know much about the game wants to comment on something they have no idea, if any other player with at least 5k of battles comments with an idea contrary to me I will gladly read and respond properly.

Grampy #14 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 05:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24298 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

A robber played by John Cleese holds up a lingerie shop, saying, “Good morning, I am a bank robber. Please don’t panic. Just hand over all your money.”

The shopkeeper, played by Eric Idle, replies, “This is a lingerie shop, sir.”

“Fine, fine, fine…adopt, adapt and improve. Motto of the round table,” says the robber. “Well, what have you got?”

The shopkeeper lists the inventory, and the robber asks, “No large piles of money in safes? No deposit accounts? No piles of cash in easy-to-carry bags? No luncheon vouchers?”

The shopkeeper responds with a “No, no, no” to all of these.

“Fine, fine…well, um, adopt, adapt and improve. Just a pair of knickers then, please.”

OP: adopt, adapt and improve. Oh - wait - you cannot adopt because you cannot play arty; it is contrary to your culture and morals, you would sooner move to the Appalachian mountains and marry your cousin. 

Adapt? No - it is easier to get WG to adapt their game to suit YOU. 

So - maybe you need to improve? 

PAP0 #15 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17733 battles

View PostArcata, on Jan 09 2019 - 20:21, said:

Sure doesn't look like it dude. 

Most can manage those stats in 12 battles as well.

iiNSaNiiTY #16 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16855 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View PostGrampy, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:56, said:

A robber played by John Cleese holds up a lingerie shop, saying, “Good morning, I am a bank robber. Please don’t panic. Just hand over all your money.”

The shopkeeper, played by Eric Idle, replies, “This is a lingerie shop, sir.”

“Fine, fine, fine…adopt, adapt and improve. Motto of the round table,” says the robber. “Well, what have you got?”

The shopkeeper lists the inventory, and the robber asks, “No large piles of money in safes? No deposit accounts? No piles of cash in easy-to-carry bags? No luncheon vouchers?”

The shopkeeper responds with a “No, no, no” to all of these.

“Fine, fine…well, um, adopt, adapt and improve. Just a pair of knickers then, please.”

OP: adopt, adapt and improve. Oh - wait - you cannot adopt because you cannot play arty; it is contrary to your culture and morals, you would sooner move to the Appalachian mountains and marry your cousin. 

Adapt? No - it is easier to get WG to adapt their game to suit YOU. 

So - maybe you need to improve? 

I have adapted very well and you?

PAP0 #17 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17733 battles
Arty prevents camping, simple as that.:D

Arcata #18 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5398 battles

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:51, said:

Nope, I just do not like that someone who does not know much about the game wants to comment on something they have no idea, if any other player with at least 5k of battles comments with an idea contrary to me I will gladly read and respond properly.

It's a silly assumption to think that WoT forum members have only one account, particularly when they have stats like his.  I, for instance, have more matches under my belt than you do as "iiNSaNiiTY".  But unlike you, I don't assume that is your only account.  A great many WoT players have multiple accounts, for multiple reasons.  Saying they are a troll because they have less than an arbitrary number of battles you've decided on is foolish.  It rings of a cheap cop-out for simply not liking someone's opinion if it's contrary to yours.  

Edited by Arcata, Jan 10 2019 - 06:33.

Arcata #19 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5398 battles

View PostPAP0, on Jan 10 2019 - 06:02, said:

Sure doesn't look like it dude. 

Most can manage those stats in 12 battles as well.

Sure, but not the first time around.  That was my point.  

gmotoman #20 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 06:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24682 battles
I maybe missing some nuance, but OP seems reasonable.  The shell didn't hit your tank so why at the very least is the crew inside taking damage from splash?

Edited by gmotoman, Jan 10 2019 - 06:49.

Also tagged with arty, spam

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users