50 replies to this topic

iiNSaNiiTY #41 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 16:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16956 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 10 2019 - 08:20, said:

Read again

Arty is there to writtle down enemy heavies so its own heavies can finish them off and win their flank, if you stay still like a lot of "good and competent" folks do, you're gonna get shot. Arty hit you for playing your heavy as such, it's almost like it didn't want your team to win, shocking, huh?

You can always play arty yourself and find out what it can and can't do, learning their inner workings will make you more aware of your positioning when playing other classes.

"If I stay still" at 10 km heavy speed vs 500m/s projectile.

Do you really play with heavy? your arguments are pathetic, please give me the replay where you dodge artys projectiles with a slow heavy, I really want to learn from your skills.

Deviation_Dan #42 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 118 battles
  • [C92] C92

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:59, said:

because the artillery can kill crew members and destroy modules without even hitting the tank? (please do not leave with "realism" that WG decided to leave the simulator path a long time ago). I am tired of spending thousands of credits on repairs kit and medical kit thanks to the cancer of the sky, I just lost a battle to be perma tracked thanks to 3 artys that focused on me, I could not move for 5 minutes and each hit kill to a crew member and damaged a module.

because for WG is it so difficult to make the arty less annoying? Since they said they do not plan to reduce their amount to 1 per battle, then please lower the costs of the consumables or at least remove the stun and damage to crew / modules by splash.

:arta: <---   See that?  WG cares so much for your argument that they spent DEVELOPMENT TIME to create a gif of people crying about getting hit by arty.    

LpBronco #43 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 13:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41026 battles
  • [TG] TG
Look the argument here isn't about getting hit by arty, it's about NOT getting hit by arty and the mechanic still awards too much influence from a handful of players that effectively troll the game. Then again what else would you expect from Russian developers.

Deathstar_Commander #44 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 51169 battles
  • [YODA] YODA
I remember recently in 2 different occasions I had 2 of my 3 crew members die to a miss by mid tier arty.

BillT #45 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 16:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27537 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 09 2019 - 22:59, said:

because the artillery can kill crew members and destroy modules without even hitting the tank? (please do not leave with "realism" that WG decided to leave the simulator path a long time ago). I am tired of spending thousands of credits on repairs kit and medical kit thanks to the cancer of the sky, I just lost a battle to be perma tracked thanks to 3 artys that focused on me, I could not move for 5 minutes and each hit kill to a crew member and damaged a module.

Three arty focused on you for 5 minutes and kept you permatracked?  And every hit killed a crew member?  I'd like to see the replay, because I don't believe you.  (The crew  claim  alone is ludicrous... if each SPG only fired one round per minute, that's 15 dead crewmen.) And even if it were true, all you've done is prove just how weak arty actually is.  Name any other three tanks that can shoot you for ONE minute and not leave you a burning wreck.

Now, hyperbole aside, I do kind of resonate with your idea.  But WG won't, because their current vision of artillery is that its main job is to prevent tanks from bunching up, because if they do it can hit several of them with every shot.  So they're unlikely to remove burst damage (which is what you're calling for).

BillT #46 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27537 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 01:08, said:

This is an arcade game not a simulator

https://worldoftanks.com/ meta-text describes itself as "Realistic Online Tank Game".

"Battlezone" was an arcade game.  "Space Invaders" was an arcade game.  WOT has way too many realistic elements -- physics, vehicle models, gun performance, penetration mechanics, camouflage, etc. -- that are simply not necessary for an arcade game.  But it has a play style that isn't a simulation.  The designers obviously were after a compromise between the two extremes: a game realistic enough to attract historical tank buffs and simulation gamers, but with a fast, PVP play style to attract arcade gamers.

I don't think WG will pay any attention to opinions that demand they throw away half their customers to make the other half slightly happier. 

Anublister #47 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67264 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

No.

And if you want anyone from WG to read this why don't you post in feedback section of this forum instead of the community where we can't do anything about it?

BillT #48 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27537 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:02, said:

"If I stay still" at 10 km heavy speed vs 500m/s projectile.

Do you really play with heavy? your arguments are pathetic, please give me the replay where you dodge artys projectiles with a slow heavy, I really want to learn from your skills.

I looked at your arty stats.  You haven't really played that much (and nothing above Tier VII),  but your damage per game is low, even in your most-played SPGs, and your kill-to-death ratios are less than one.  I don't say this to shame you; I'm just pointing out that plenty of heavy tanks are dodging your projectiles, so obviously it can be done.  If you spend more time playing arty, esp. at higher tiers, you'll learn what heavy tanks do to frustrate you and can apply that to your own heavies.

The fact is that on most maps there is a lot of usable cover.  Reverse slope of hills, for instance, won't protect you from 100% of  arty shots, but they can shelter at least half your tank's silhouette, which means the arty player considering that shot is thinking "I have a 50% chance of just throwing this shot away" and starts looking for a better target.  And if you keep moving, even slowly, and changing direction every few seconds, you can make yourself  even harder to hit.  Remember: you don't have to be impossible to hit.  You just need to be harder to hit than some of your teammates, so the arty decides to shoot at them instead of you.  Any movement at all helps.    And if you're getting focused, you need to give yourself a time-out: disappear behind cover for 45 seconds or so and the  enemy  arty will change targets. 

Roggg2 #49 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20553 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I play some arty, and of course I play against it a lot, and I think it's relatively balanced now.  If they made this change they would probably buff something else.  Sucks getting perma-tracked by multiple arties, but it doesn't happen that often, and it also sucks getting chain-tracked in a bad position, or retracked immediately after using a repair kit, or any number of other bad outcomes.  It's a war game.  People want to do you harm.  Arty is no exception.   That's the game.

Daemonwolfe9999 #50 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18318 battles

Really?  well let's think, why do they stun? I don't know maybe it's because the shells are basically large grenades. When they land/explode, they unleash a concussive wave.

Honestly if you don't want the stun, feel free to ask them to implement AP shells again.

cantame666 #51 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 22:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16007 battles
  • [FA] FA

View PostiiNSaNiiTY, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:59, said:

because for WG is it so difficult to make the arty less annoying? Since they said they do not plan to reduce their amount to 1 per battle, then please lower the costs of the consumables or at least remove the stun and damage to crew / modules by splash.

so it is total yesterday I played with 3 artillery and the worst is the pairing of battles as it is possible a tnaque lvl 7 play with 3 or 4 tanks lvl 9 ..

Also tagged with arty, spam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users