SPECIAL AMMO SOLUTION

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MeanOleNag #1 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 08:05

Private

• Players
  • 83195 battles

The reduction in "special" ammo alpha is simply

the wrong move. Having played when gold was still gold, means that I've enjoyed games in which a plethora of richochets occurred, and the game was better for it; manuevering for shots and solid teamwork made the difference more than the handful of clansmen spamming gold. If BALANCING the ammo loadouts in something that approaches a universal manner 

is too difficult for WG so be it, but here's how it can be done in a way that improves gameplay and retains player freedom of choice. Establish a standard loadout of say 70% standard ammo,

20% special ammo, and 10% high explosive, only instead of stopping there WG could assign

a relative base price for special ammo that is twice the standard ammo, and three times the price of high explosive ammo. So if the player should chose to deviate from the standard loadout and remove a special round than that round could be replaced by two standard rounds, or three HE. If on the other hand the player should choose to stock more special rounds than are provided in the standard ammo loadout, than the supply sergeant will have to make arrangements to aquire that ammo and it will get cost prohibitive quickly, say five times base cost for the first, ten times base for the second, and so on. "Special Ammo" becomes part of a standardized loadout, using standard and HE is incentivized, and the freedom to choose ones own loadout is retained. Viola.

Ratnikk #2 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 10:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13444 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
I would just remove it or make gold rounds twice the price at half damage. You want super high penetration? Thats the trade off. It would make most tanks actually balanced now those russians meds wont just be able to shoot you in the face anywhere and pen, theyre gonna have to flank with regular ap as meds should.

Dirizon #3 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 10:32

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

None of your solution includes re-introducing  heavy tank and TD weak spots, instead of power creep buffing them to non weak thick armour even flat from the sides. Removing auto bounce armour plates, toning down immune side armour spaced panels, making tanks that near fully utilize prem ammo for immense benefit like Type4/5

none of the actual problems prem ammo represents, are listed here. Why are people using prem ammo? In the first place, why? In  a tier 8, because they desperately want to pen 8 higher tier tanks in 3/5/7?  or a better chance to penetrate the lower hull of Defender? I agree, some prem rounds are definite problems like ARL44 gun, or type 4/5, or KV2 / .oi.   but mostly, the problem concerning these rounds is the current game and development ideology. Fix these issues, and prem use will by margin, drop

T2Easy4ME #4 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 10:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 119 battles

Honestly, two ways of looking at it.

Either remove premium ammo or don't. Removing it would level the playing field completely as far as ammo goes, but it would also remove an aspect of the game that isn't really a fundamental problem. At least, it isn't actually broken like say, the match-making system.

And if you don't remove it, there are two paths there, too. Either leave it mostly as is, because again, it isn't actually breaking the game, it's just something that people complain about because of course it's the reason they're losing. Or, change it. Now personally, I don't see a way they can change it that'll leave folks satisfied, and I think that's because there isn't actually a way to satisfy everyone. Whatever you do, someone's gonna find an issue with it. And they're going to give loud, carrying voice to that issue.

Actually there's a third path, too, which is to include premium rounds either as is or with some changes, but instead focus on other issues to help balance out premium rounds. I guarantee that if weak-spots were more prominent, as they used to be, you'd see fewer premium shells flung into E5 cupolas, E 100 turret cheeks, and IS-7 UFP's. If maps didn't funnel opposing teams into one-lane engagements, you'd see fewer 2-key brawls. If the imbalances between tiers and the imbalances between types were addressed, you'd see fewer underdogs resorting to their last chance, since they can't out-spot or out-run their opponents' vehicles, just firing the higher-penetration shells.

In short, premium rounds are an issue because of improper tank balance, improper map design, and ill-advised quick-fixes.

Festung #5 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 11:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36785 battles
Why do so many (superior?) players want to punish (average?) players because of something that WG created?

Dirizon #6 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

View PostFestung, on Jan 10 2019 - 05:41, said:

Why do so many (superior) players want to punish (average?) players because of something that WG created?

Why do so many average players, want to play .oi. or Type 5, feel invulnerable to same tier AP, and fling out HE boomerangs they don’t have to aim themselves to cause damage

Firejunk_2017 #7 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 13:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles
"I hear APCR and HEAT will be changed. APCR and HEAT will be a low damage high pen round. (lower then AP) Unless it is your standard round. (these will be unchanged) What it means Special APCR and HEAT will be more or less crew and module killing rounds, putting focus on the little cared about "Beta Damage". I find this can be pretty interesting if they swing this way.

Special AP I hope could act like a Punchier AP with less pen, but as a bonus, it will hold on to that pen for far longer then AP. (allowing longer range engagements and good players can use it to nail weakspots)

All of this is my speculation on it, but I like to see this play out."

Edited by Firejunk_2017, Jan 10 2019 - 13:50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users