• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Tolos #21 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGeoMonster, on Jan 10 2019 - 20:01, said:

BS Shill ... players have gotten worse.  Since you DONT play in the uppers tiers, and when you play once in a blue moon you seal club in lower tiers, you wouldn't see the change.  Way way too many tomatoes in tier 8 premium tanks who are totally clueless.  As for me, I am only partially clueless at times.  Try playing the game and see what has happened instead of spewing the diarrhea you are so famous for.

As for you ... you comments aren't worth the screen pixels they take up.

Erm, I dont think hes saying players have gotten better, or they have stayed the same. He's saying that EVERYONE gets those teams. Regardless of the tier he plays, hes correct. If the OP wants to be on better teams, then he HAS to get better. Doing so by default makes HIS team better. 

Copacetic #22 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46113 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View PostTolos, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:04, said:

Erm, I dont think hes saying players have gotten better, or they have stayed the same. He's saying that EVERYONE gets those teams. Regardless of the tier he plays, hes correct. If the OP wants to be on better teams, then he HAS to get better. Doing so by default makes HIS team better. 

shame on you for using logic

sargev55 #23 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:20

Captain

• Players
  • 59026 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
I'm definitely seeing a lot more people with zero damage, the rofl stomps seem to be about the same at least in 4-7

GeorgePreddy #24 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postbrianc53, on Jan 10 2019 - 15:47, said:

George, I understand your point here and generally agree with you, but to completely dismiss the possibility that macro player quality can change (improve or decline) over time isn’t fair, in my opinion.  

Example: early in WOT’s history there weren’t YouTube videos to help players improve. As more of those became available, macro player quality probably improved. 

Similarly, we know from various sources that player population is declining. It is conceivable that “better” players are moving on (there are many reasons this would happen, “frustration”

being a summary reason), and only “mediocre to poor” players are sticking around. (I’m not saying this is happening - I’m just saying it’s possible), then the OP’s point is possible. 

I never said that average player quality never changes, that would be unlikely after all.

What I said was that it doesn't really matter because it is common to all of us.

Also... a lower average quality of players would actually make the game better even easier to do well in for good players because the enemy team has 15 average players on it and your own team just 14 (because you are on all your own teams).

GeorgePreddy #25 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostChatBanForever, on Jan 10 2019 - 15:56, said:

To be fair, things look awful similar when you only seal club at tier 6. 

If you are attempting to insult me... you are failing.

GeoMonster #26 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 14:32, said:

If you are attempting to insult me... you are failing.

He is not trying to insult you .. he is ONLY spreading TRUTH and LOGIC on the forum about You!

GeorgePreddy #27 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Jan 10 2019 - 17:01, said:

BS Shill ...  Yeah, you're one of those who call anyone who disagrees with your opinion a "shill", that's so original.

Since you DONT play in the uppers tiers...  I play in all tiers, you may not be familiar with the accounts I use for high tier play, but that's your problem.

...and when you play once in a blue moon...   I'm retired, I play practically every day of the year... more than 50k battles so far, your lack of knowledge about me and what I do or don't do is phenomenal.

As for me, I am only partially clueless at times.    I believe this is one of those times.

Try playing the game and see what has happened instead of spewing the diarrhea you are so famous for.   Your attempts to insult me are weak and sad.

As for you ... you comments aren't worth the screen pixels they take up.   Weak, sad and ineffective.

GeorgePreddy #28 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Jan 10 2019 - 17:41, said:

He is not trying to insult you .. he is ONLY spreading TRUTH and LOGIC on the forum about You!

I have no fear of truth, logic... or insults.

GeoMonster #29 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 21:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 14:44, said:

I have no fear of truth, logic... or insults.

With all the truth published about you on various sites you obvious do fear it.

GeoMonster #30 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 22:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

BS Shill ...  Yeah, you're one of those who call anyone who disagrees with your opinion a "shill", that's so original.   NOT ORIGINAL.  And I only call YOU a shill because it is the TRUTH. 

Since you DONT play in the uppers tiers...  I play in all tiers, you may not be familiar with the accounts I use for high tier play, but that's your problem.  WHY have so many accounts?  What are you hiding behind?  We know you have at least 7 accounts because you use them to give your posts THUMBS UP and to stuff the voting ballet box.  That was PROVEN in these forums 100%.  And WHY do you only publish your stats for your SEAL CLUBBING account?  Not my problem, but YOURS since you have NO CREDIBILITY.

...and when you play once in a blue moon...   I'm retired, I play practically every day of the year... more than 50k battles so far, your lack of knowledge about me and what I do or don't do is phenomenal.   Well ... I only try to spread the TURTH and LOGIC about you.  See above.

As for me, I am only partially clueless at times.    I believe this is one of those times.   Nope ... your life is an open book.  You are well known no matter how much you deny it.

Try playing the game and see what has happened instead of spewing the diarrhea you are so famous for.   Your attempts to insult me are weak and sad.  I am not trying to insult you.  I am only SPREADING TRUTH AND LOGIC about you.

As for you ... you comments aren't worth the screen pixels they take up.   Weak, sad and ineffective.  BUT TRUE!!!

Tolos #31 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 23:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGeoMonster, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:03, said:

BS Shill ...  Yeah, you're one of those who call anyone who disagrees with your opinion a "shill", that's so original.   NOT ORIGINAL.  And I only call YOU a shill because it is the TRUTH. 

Since you DONT play in the uppers tiers...  I play in all tiers, you may not be familiar with the accounts I use for high tier play, but that's your problem.  WHY have so many accounts?  What are you hiding behind?  We know you have at least 7 accounts because you use them to give your posts THUMBS UP and to stuff the voting ballet box.  That was PROVEN in these forums 100%.  And WHY do you only publish your stats for your SEAL CLUBBING account?  Not my problem, but YOURS since you have NO CREDIBILITY.

...and when you play once in a blue moon...   I'm retired, I play practically every day of the year... more than 50k battles so far, your lack of knowledge about me and what I do or don't do is phenomenal.   Well ... I only try to spread the TURTH and LOGIC about you.  See above.

As for me, I am only partially clueless at times.    I believe this is one of those times.   Nope ... your life is an open book.  You are well known no matter how much you deny it.

Try playing the game and see what has happened instead of spewing the diarrhea you are so famous for.   Your attempts to insult me are weak and sad.  I am not trying to insult you.  I am only SPREADING TRUTH AND LOGIC about you.

As for you ... you comments aren't worth the screen pixels they take up.   Weak, sad and ineffective.  BUT TRUE!!!

Dude, relax. You are both getting massively off topic and gonna get the OP's thread locked. 

T2Easy4ME #32 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 23:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 119 battles

View PostLucudus58, on Jan 10 2019 - 12:32, said:

lololol WRONG

That's unkind.

StepChild_TO #33 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36122 battles

Well I half heartedly agree with some of the days play about weak teams. I was doing 750 spot damage without being spotted. got prok and thought ok easy peasy. went to the e1 bush and camped. lit 7 tanks. sat there for 5 minutes and got ZERO spot damage. Almost like people just couldn't be bothered, because you were going to get something done. Had to be unspotted at the time. finished with 2k damage and 2k assist. Didn't count for the mission. So many fights where me and 2 other tanks are holding 8 and watch the map as the rest get swept in 5 minutes. Play arty for missions, do stun and assist and they wont shoot the tanks right in front of them. wait until the stun is gone before they move. 

It just seems that people KNOW what to do and just refuse to play to it. Makes absolutely no sense.

GeoMonster #34 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 23:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35362 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View PostTolos, on Jan 10 2019 - 16:27, said:

Dude, relax. You are both getting massively off topic and gonna get the OP's thread locked. 

OK Dad.  Will do. 

Goat_Rodeo #35 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 01:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

I came for the post,...stayed for the lulz.

Goat_Rodeo #36 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 01:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Okay, now that the demons are out, I have noticed during the day that teams have gotten worse. But then again the server population is maybe 2K in the East and 4K Central. During the evening it seems to be the usual skill levels except I have seen more trolls, griefers, and high profile suicide artists than normal. Like I’d say every 3rd or 4th game nets me one of em’. It’s crazy, last weekend I had a game where 4 of my team were just hammering away at each other, turning blue, getting insta banned. Then some of the other turds on my team started shooting the blue banned tanks ffs, instead of the red ones... 

Pipinghot #37 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 05:09

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostChatBanForever, on Jan 10 2019 - 13:39, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 10 2019 - 09:48, said:

Teams have always been a mix of good and bad, people are still people. You're just seeing the past through rose colored lenses.

Hell no. There is definitely a huge ramp up in the 1-15 and 15-2 steamrolls. One of the reasons I used to love this game so much were the long battles that came down to a few tanks at the end and was a real challenge. The general skill level has gone way down, a 48%er used to be average but he may as well be a god now with all the mid 30% players I see. 

Hell no, you're having a problem with confirmation bias. There is no ramp up in steamrolls. Not huge. Not medium. No ramp up. Your perception is being skewed and the numbers don't back you up.

Krautjaeger #38 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2602 battles
  • [K00KS] K00KS
While I didn't start out on NA I don't think it was much different here when I started playing WoT, it was actually better on NA when I came over from EU. But there is one thing that has dropped and that is the average. While I do not use XVM any more and haven't for years I often manually go through teams after games that felt lopsided and whereas before you would expect a lot of 48% as the average it is now closer to 46% with quite a few people sub-40. I am not quite sure what constitutes something like that but it could possibly mean that people on average don't stick with the game for an extended period of time like before either just play a bit and quit or just play a bit and then return for a bit later on over and over, thus do not have the time or the inclination to learn the game and essentially just treat it like a pastime and nothing more. There's nothing wrong with that per se, it's not against the rules, it's just a different set of players inhabiting WoT at this point in time. As life, generations and whatnot always move in waves and cycles I guess that some point in the future it is possible there will be a new influx of players that will stay with the game for a longer time with the intentions of learning to play it to the best of their abilities. Who knows.

Anublister #39 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:39

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 12:32, said:

I can't remember teams ever being this bad before

Wrong. You forget to account for the time of day you play. There is a significant increase in higher skilled players in the evening.

Also I fixed your font and stupid green color choice. Your posts are obnoxious and attention seeking. I doubt many care about how many tanks you have, your win percentage or what you bought today. There is a psychological diagnosis for what you are displaying. It is not normal, and I suggest you seek counseling.  

Tolos #40 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 20:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:39, said:

Wrong. You forget to account for the time of day you play. There is a significant increase in higher skilled players in the evening.

Also I fixed your font and stupid green color choice. Your posts are obnoxious and attention seeking. I doubt many care about how many tanks you have, your win percentage or what you bought today. There is a psychological diagnosis for what you are displaying. It is not normal, and I suggest you seek counseling.  

It seems some people are unable to read correctly. He said over a LARGE SAMPLE SIZE. Over that large sample size, everyone gets the ' same teams ' be they good or bad. Its what the player does that makes the difference. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users