I can't remember teams ever being this bad before

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Astralite #41 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 20:50

Captain

• Players
  • 25648 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:44, said:

I have no fear of truth, logic... or insults.

I don't really give a crapwhat you care about to be honest, you're one of the most obnoxious shills I've ever seen on my time on the internet and I find it amusing to watch you keep gagging on WG's junk.

HI_FIVE #42 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 44743 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View Postpapawx3, on Jan 10 2019 - 04:44, said:

Lights and fast mediums that refuse to scout, they go off far away from the front and camp in bushes, others just seem content to sit back and let others carry the match for them {never works out that way}. This game is really a test in frustration when you are trying to do your part, and so many others aren't. The crap teams just seem endless anymore. I am losing interest in this game because of this. I am thinking of deserting whenever I find myself on such teams, and just get on with the next match {on hopefully with a better team}.

Look in the mirror?

Dirty_Camel2 #43 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 534 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 13:32, said:

I can't remember teams ever being this bad before

ROFL!!!! C'mon Copeland, pick a side already!!! You have said several times in this forum that MM is RANDOM!!!! How can "we all have EXACTLY the  SAME quality of teams" As you just said above, if the system that creates teams is "random".  Rigged produces  EXACTLY THE SAME, random produces DIFFERENT. Pick a side and stop spewing stupidity! EDIT: Furthermore, please enlighten us with the data you used to determine that the QUALITY OF TEAMS is EXACTLY THE SAME for the entire player base. I'll be here 'NOT holding my breath waiting!

Edited by Dirty_Camel2, Jan 11 2019 - 23:20.

Hellsfog #44 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 37848 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postpapawx3, on Jan 10 2019 - 03:44, said:

Lights and fast mediums that refuse to scout, they go off far away from the front and camp in bushes, others just seem content to sit back and let others carry the match for them {never works out that way}. This game is really a test in frustration when you are trying to do your part, and so many others aren't. The crap teams just seem endless anymore. I am losing interest in this game because of this. I am thinking of deserting whenever I find myself on such teams, and just get on with the next match {on hopefully with a better team}.

The reason you can't remember team ever being this bad before is because it's been that long since we were in a pub together or you may have post-traumatic amnesia as it's a well know side effect of being on teams with me. 

Exiledcrow #45 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:07

Major

• Players
  • 49505 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I've been here since 2011, I have seen no MEASURABLE change in how often you end up with a team full of paste-eaters.

If someone has actual, verifiable data, then I'd be glad to listen, until then, it's just venting/whining. 

NeutronRaptor #46 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29766 battles

View PostChatBanForever, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:39, said:

Hell no. There is definitely a huge ramp up in the 1-15 and 15-2 steamrolls. One of the reasons I used to love this game so much were the long battles that came down to a few tanks at the end and was a real challenge. The general skill level has gone way down, a 48%er used to be average but he may as well be a god now with all the mid 30% players I see. 

Actually statistically NA has gotten better over the years and especially since the player population shrunk significantly. The biggest issue plaguing the game nowadays is the template system being paired with the low server pop. On NA you are more likely to have better players in your game which means you are also more likely to have enemy top tier tanks being better than your own. This is why according to WG the blowout battles actually went up over 5% once the template system update happened. I would say it has actually went up closer to 15 to 20% though since WG are always shady with their statistics. 

If you want more close battles the template system needs to be reworked. Sure you will get the weird matches where you are the lone tier 8 in a all tier 10 battle but at least it also means there are more tier 10s on your team to carry the slack for the bad players on your team too. Currently if you get a couple orange/yellow players in your three top tiers, you basically auto lose. 

jeb2 #47 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 49724 battles
  • [HU] HU

I have also felt that there are fewer close games the last six months.

The hypothesis I offer derived from the same process noted by another: after-slaughter team stats review.  I did not start to think this way until after I began to play some arty (after 32K games on non-sky cancer) to complete some Campaigns and Missions.  Arty players get to watch the game flow far better than players in other tank types.

In many contests that involve eliminating players or real-life combatants,  Lanchester's square law suggests that once a team/fleet.whatever gets a lead in numbers of guns, the odds shift far faster than it might seem.  

In pub WoT matches, a seal clubber in a top tier tank or one vastly effective due to speed or gun power (Luchs or maybe S35 CA), can quickly change a battle and make it a blowout.

If both sides have a roughly equal number/type of seal clubbers, then the play remains roughly even.  This, however, is rare at lower tier matches.  All the better seal clubber has to do is change the numbers modestly for the result to be established in all matter but exact details.

As an arty player, I have seen this over and over.  The teams may be equal in tank type and tier, but that is a chimera.  I have been damned in post-game chat for concentrating on some player supposedly because I have xvm, but I have NEVER had xvm.  I can simply SEE who the seal clubbers are using arty sky-eye.  Nonetheless, though I see the slaughter beginning, I usually can do nothing about it but check the stats afterwards and confirm its cause.

I do not know the best solution, but three might be to:

1) Limit lower tier matches to players with a ceiling Rating per tier,

2) Prevent matches by Higher Ratings players in lower tier tanks unless the next one is not fully researched, or

3) Have MM include Ratings akin to xvm.

The first would compel good players to burn free exp to go through the lower tiers .  The second would disqual them once the next tank is researched.  The third would require a profound over-haul of MM.

Edited by jeb2, Jan 12 2019 - 04:04.

anonym_yiQpAku2aIMY #48 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Honestly, people care about winrate too much. I have noticed that the better you perform the better your winrate will be. It's about adapting to your team and not forcing your team to go along with your strategies. Of course it takes a lot of mental maturity to step back and do the adapting, I have to admit I am still developing my maturity in that sense. I'm still learning but that's just what I have noticed.

jeb2 #49 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 49724 battles
  • [HU] HU

Note, that it is not if I care about Ratings, it is what the observed effect appears to be.  

Another way to put it, is that I believe I have observed strong correlation, but I can (of course) never prove causation.

elemantis #50 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18354 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Jan 11 2019 - 01:01, said:

I came for the post,...stayed for the lulz.

+1^^^^^^^^^^^^

NeatoMan #51 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:40

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

There are far too many cowards and wusses playing this game.   I had a number of games that were lost (or drawn) because a few players did not move at the appropriate time, and sat waiting for the enemy to come to them, rather than help their team mates exploit an advantage.  They all squandered victories by their total lack of initiative.   I had to scout in my Strv's while medium tanks camped.   That seems to be par for the course these days. 

And when these games come down to the wire because they sat and did nothing while their team mates died we get some idiots claiming "we need more close games".   These are NOT what we need; more wusses cowering behind bushes, buildings and rocks, throwing away every chance at a victory.  

Crimson_Saber #52 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 07:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16503 battles

View Postpapawx3, on Jan 10 2019 - 02:44, said:

Not even 2500 tanks, and you think you been on bad teams. Brother you haven't seen anything  yet. It comes with the game, get used to it.

Urabouttudie #53 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles

When was the last time WG introduced anything like missions that actually require teamwork? Every mission they add is completely individualistic and forces players to work to meet their own ends for damage and XP....usually to the point of having to screw your team over in order to complete your missions.

It's not a team game...but it's marketed as a team game.

Wpg_Badger #54 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 18:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 4230 battles
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:29, said:

I never said that average player quality never changes, that would be unlikely after all.

What I said was that it doesn't really matter because it is common to all of us.

Also... a lower average quality of players would actually make the game better even easier to do well in for good players because the enemy team has 15 average players on it and your own team just 14 (because you are on all your own teams).

I  thought match making was random, anyway Nobody is trying to insult you, now make fun of you.  Dam straight.

BTW: Copeland your still one funny dude.  :)

Captain_Rownd #55 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 22:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3064 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:40, said:

There are far too many cowards and wusses playing this game.

Nobody is "afraid" of pixels.  People just don't like being deleted a few seconds after rolling out from cover, and unfortunately cover is scarce on the numerous maps with big open death zones in the middle.  So people stay in cover on the edges of the map.

NeatoMan #56 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 01:07

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Jan 12 2019 - 16:24, said:

Nobody is "afraid" of pixels.  People just don't like being deleted a few seconds after rolling out from cover, and unfortunately cover is scarce on the numerous maps with big open death zones in the middle.  So people stay in cover on the edges of the map.

How do so many others manage to do it without getting deleted?  I regularly fight up front in my Strvs without getting deleted for crying out loud, while players in much more suitable tanks cower behind me.

What we are seeing is what happens when players with newb/noob tier skills get high tier tanks.

Pipinghot #57 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 01:25

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostUrabouttudie, on Jan 12 2019 - 10:50, said:

It's not a team game...but it's marketed as a team game.

Just like every other team game.

xxBigbacon #58 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 04:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 9389 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1

When my team drops 4 or more tanks in 2 minutes of round start i just yolo or kill myself anymore. No point dragging that stuff on.

Same with getting craptastuc maps like ensk. Instant yolo

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #59 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 05:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

gameplay n teams has bin degradin for long now

to sit here type lies claim otherwise only show u lie to yourself

Panzer_74 #60 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 06:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22039 battles

Please everyone, pay heed to Ron.

He surveys all from his throne in Pittsburgh, and passes judgement without bias or emotion.

He's a pilot too if you hadn't heard?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users