Ok, I got better clarity, I think.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Firejunk_2017 #1 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 13:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles
I hear APCR and HEAT will be changed. APCR and HEAT will be a low damage high pen round. (lower then AP) Unless it is your standard round. (these will be unchanged) What it means Special APCR and HEAT will be more or less crew and module killing rounds, putting focus on the little cared about "Beta Damage". I find this can be pretty interesting if they swing this way.

Special AP I hope could act like a Punchier AP with less pen, but as a bonus, it will hold on to that pen for far longer then AP. (allowing longer range engagements and good players can use it to nail weakspots)

All of this is my speculation on it, but I like to see this play out.

Edited by Firejunk_2017, Jan 10 2019 - 13:51.

RHeadshot #2 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 14:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles
So you're just guessing, but have better clarity.

Firejunk_2017 #3 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 14:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Jan 10 2019 - 07:13, said:

So you're just guessing, but have better clarity.

Not all guessing, the High pen and low damage part is true. I am just guessing/hoping it can do more then that.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Well... it's gonna be a giant  ****  show for sure.

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Why ?

Because everyone who has been using any amount of APCR (either too little or a correct or an excessive amount) and continues to do so after the nerf will inexorably see a drop in their average damage and therefore a drop in their win rate and WN8.

Players who have incorrectly never used any premium APCR will benefit from their mistake because their average damage, though artificially low already, will not go down and therefore will actually improve relative to players using APCR in both correct and incorrect amounts.

Abandoning premium APCR altogether will be one tactic, but will only be definitely beneficial to players using tanks with relatively very good to excellent AP pen.

Tanks with normal or worse AP pen are essentially screwed unless armor and/or hitpoints of heavy tanks is decreased in general.

If a general change in Prem ammo is accompanied by a general decrease in armor & hitpoints, that would be a HUGE undertaking by a dev balancing team.

Somehow, WG must recover the costs, and will probably try to increase profits somewhat due to their extra investment of time and resources. That will be interesting to see.

Anyway, a sea change in the game like this one is doomed to create many and large unintended consequences, there will be some loss of players initially. Hopefully the loss of players can be offset by some disillusioned former players returning and/or better retention of new players because they like the new meta better than what it replaced.

It's definitely going to be "interesting" and I plan to go along for the ride and attempt to figure out how to maximize an advantage from the new reality.

PunCzarBlintz #5 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 81217 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #6 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7227 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB
It'll really nerf USSR and Polish tanks, but will effectively give a massive buff to derp boxes; because Types really needed a buff - those big boxes of doom were so underperforming and all the players LOVE playing against them... all day, every day.

mlinke #7 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Death to stat padding unicorns that cant aim. They should remove prem rounds alltogether. Keep them in cw.

Firejunk_2017 #8 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 19:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles

View Postmlinke, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:10, said:

Death to stat padding unicorns that cant aim. They should remove prem rounds alltogether. Keep them in cw.

Would encouraging actual skill be a good thing?

Firejunk_2017 #9 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 19:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles

View PostLucid_Nonsense_1, on Jan 10 2019 - 08:28, said:

It'll really nerf USSR and Polish tanks, but will effectively give a massive buff to derp boxes; because Types really needed a buff - those big boxes of doom were so underperforming and all the players LOVE playing against them... all day, every day.

Depends, if Special HEAT and APCR do happen, it will encourage aiming and skill. like higher beta damage (If it does happen) can be destructive to these big tanks as they can kill all your internal stuff easier or ammo rack you easier (If lucky may cause a 1 hit kill by doing enough damage to set off the ammo rack, that is dictated by Beta damage)

Firejunk_2017 #10 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 99 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2019 - 07:42, said:

Well... it's gonna be a giant  ****  show for sure.

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Why ?

Because everyone who has been using any amount of APCR (either too little or a correct or an excessive amount) and continues to do so after the nerf will inexorably see a drop in their average damage and therefore a drop in their win rate and WN8.

Players who have incorrectly never used any premium APCR will benefit from their mistake because their average damage, though artificially low already, will not go down and therefore will actually improve relative to players using APCR in both correct and incorrect amounts.

Abandoning premium APCR altogether will be one tactic, but will only be definitely beneficial to players using tanks with relatively very good to excellent AP pen.

Tanks with normal or worse AP pen are essentially screwed unless armor and/or hitpoints of heavy tanks is decreased in general.

If a general change in Prem ammo is accompanied by a general decrease in armor & hitpoints, that would be a HUGE undertaking by a dev balancing team.

Somehow, WG must recover the costs, and will probably try to increase profits somewhat due to their extra investment of time and resources. That will be interesting to see.

Anyway, a sea change in the game like this one is doomed to create many and large unintended consequences, there will be some loss of players initially. Hopefully the loss of players can be offset by some disillusioned former players returning and/or better retention of new players because they like the new meta better than what it replaced.

It's definitely going to be "interesting" and I plan to go along for the ride and attempt to figure out how to maximize an advantage from the new reality.

Like my dad always said, lets see what happens, may end up better then expected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users