• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 33504 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

When I wasn't very good, I thought people were cheating all over the place. Now that I've gotten better and watched some excellent players on Twitch/YouTube, I know that cheating isn't running rampant throughout the game as I had previously imagined.  For some strange reason, I have received several post-game messages from enemy players telling me that I'm cheating. Just now, I killed a guy with my arty shot after he went dark but I saw the direction he was heading so I aimed and fired.  It was blind luck that I hit him on the move as far as the timing goes.  

Before that arty incident (WG is making me play Tier 6 arty for the Missions BTW), I was accused by another guy of hacking when I ammoracked him with one shot.  That guy was so adamant that I am a cheater, that I eventually had to just blacklist him when he wouldn't listen to reason.

Now, I really don't care if people think I'm cheating especially since I live stream most of my gameplay anyway (twitch.tv/warchildwins).  But what concerns me is that there's this overall impression that cheating is occurring on a regular basis. I'm not going to lie, I thought there was too when I didn't know my turret from my tracks.  That was mostly due to more experienced players (and former clanmates) telling me that other people are doing it - Mahou, Youjo, all South American clans, etc.  Then I started watching videos from some of the players from these clans and realized, they're not cheating, they're just good/great at the game.  However, those initial impressions from people that I met when I first got here and others were my FIRST impressions.  It took some time to get over that "feeling" and come to where I am now.

I'm not exactly sure how WarPack works, but I'm under the impression that there's something in WoT that detects it on Wargaming's end.  Either that or the ability to cheat enough to make a material difference is minimal.  I use Aslains modpack for convenience and clarity and there are some things in there that give advantages but I wouldn't call them cheats (the show where the enemy is pointing on the minimap thing I do consider a cheat).

My point is: I don't think we as a community should assume that others are cheating at the game and I really don't think we should tell newer players that there's cheating in the game. It sets a bad impression and although it may make you feel better about losing that particular match or dying, it's not good for the health of the game.

My 2 cents for 2019. If you cash them, I'm not sending you a 1099 - you're on your own.

__WarChild__

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46559 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I've been 'nilla since 2015, has a short stint during my Tiger 1 3 mark run where I used MOE extended, but then decided against it.  Get hackusations all the time.

I firmly believe that every hackusation comes from ignorance or envy.  They either don't know how you did it, or that you could do it so it must not be possible, or they're just mad you made em' go explody.  I've never had the idea that others are cheating, even from the get go I just assumed if I lost or died if was because I was bad or out played.  So my default "Why did this happen" is never they're cheating, but more "what did I do?" which, I think, puts me into the minority of newer players as well as bads when I was really bad, though I'm still rather bad.

The tools provided in vanilla allow you to make some guesses that can work out, but to Joe Pubby with the IQ of a cashew, something like this would probably be received as "That guy is cheating!" :

https://www.twitch.t...erryGingerPower

Cackle warning

Edited by _Tsavo_, Jan 10 2019 - 17:25.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #3 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 22674 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

I had some guy last week tell me I was using an illegal mod/cheating. Funny part was he knew all about the mod and what it did.... I actually had to look it up....... Shows some intent on his part in a way.... Like how would he even know specifics about illegal mods unless he was looking them up thinking about using them himself?

Cowcat137 #4 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 14259 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I doubt cheating is a big deal, at least on NA (based upon WG's ban announcements). Griefers probably cause more trouble for the player base generally.  However cheats are easy to find- before Modhub came online any search for legal mods and skins would turn up lots of unashamed cheat mods. I'm not going to mention any names here.  I think that the fact that any search for mods came with cheats mixed in like Raisins and Bran that it is easy people to conclude that cheating is widespread. 

Edited by YANKEE137, Jan 10 2019 - 17:25.

Desert_Fox_1969 #5 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36743 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jan 10 2019 - 11:18, said:

I've been 'nilla since 2015, has a short stint during my Tiger 1 3 mark run where I used MOE extended, but then decided against it.  Get hackusations all the time.

I firmly believe that every hackusation comes from ignorance or envy.  They either don't know how you did it, or that you could do it so it must not be possible, or they're just mad you made em' go explody.  I've never had the idea that others are cheating, even from the get go I just assumed if I lost or died if was because I was bad or out played.  So my default "Why did this happen" is never they're cheating, but more "what did I do?" which, I think, puts me into the minority of newer players as well as bads when I was really bad, though I'm still rather bad.

The tools provided in vanilla allow you to make some guesses that can work out, but to Joe Pubby with the IQ of a cashew, something like this would probably be received by a baddie as "That guy is cheating!" :

Cackle warning

Love blind shots. 

Why do people not understand if they hit your tank it shows the direction where the shot came from? Unless they are still figuring out how to turn this vanilla feature on. 

Shoot and pull back or relocate. It's not that hard. 

MagillaGuerilla #6 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 25908 battles
Well, every six months or so WG announces their cheater slapdowns, 1,000 or so every time, so cheaters do exist in the game. Why worry about it, we'll never know who does it.

Badkarma #7 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:26

Captain

• Players
  • 32244 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

I don't know why anybody is surprised by this/needing clarification. Tsavo is 100% correct. The people who accuse you of hacking are the same people who yolo, ask for help, die and then crap on everybody in chat when they're dead...these are also people with thousands of battles and sub 500 Wn8s. Much like their post-mortem chiding ( in which they talk about how much better they are than you, why you're stupid, etc.), they think you're hacking because you couldn't possibly be good enough to best them.

By the way, nobody has ever accused me of hacking:( I wonder why?

Cowcat137 #8 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 14259 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
That said  if you know of any cheats that make the T-69 playable I'd like to know...

MeMeBigBoi #9 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36534 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

At this point I’ve lowered my play in pubs because of the amount of people who PM me of hacking when I pen them with easy aim.

people need to understand how the game works first before opening their mouths 

Desert_Fox_1969 #10 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36743 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBadkarma, on Jan 10 2019 - 11:26, said:

I don't know why anybody is surprised by this/needing clarification. Tsavo is 100% correct. The people who accuse you of hacking are the same people who yolo, ask for help, die and then crap on everybody in chat when they're dead...these are also people with thousands of battles and sub 500 Wn8s. Much like their post-mortem chiding ( in which they talk about how much better they are than you, why you're stupid, etc.), they think you're hacking because you couldn't possibly be good enough to best them.

By the way, nobody has ever accused me of hacking:( I wonder why?

It will come eventually. You gonna get that lucky one shot ammorack that RNG hands you and you might get the messages after battles. LOL

Best ones are the usual TD or Arty positions you just blind shoot.....oh that causes rage and accusations. 

BigDollarBillz #11 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 38780 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Most people don't know the difference between a skilled player and someone cheating. Ever since the one video of the player being ban by twitch surfaced, people claiming cheats has went wild. I'm a very bad player and when someone says I'm cheating then that is proof alone they don't use their brain enough.

Devildog8 #12 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Jan 10 2019 - 10:26, said:

Well, every six months or so WG announces their cheater slapdowns, 1,000 or so every time, so cheaters do exist in the game. Why worry about it, we'll never know who does it.

1,000 or so cheater banned every time does conclude they are out there, tho its very hard to distinguish between a hack and skill, so I think this is the biggest issue, some not so skilled individuals will throw the hack accusation because they themselves cant believe someone is that good while they struggle, sad really ppl should just play and let the devs worry about the hackers 

virgil133 #13 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37710 battles
So does that mean if I get accused of HACKING...... that I'm.... gud???

Desert_Fox_1969 #14 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36743 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postvirgil133, on Jan 10 2019 - 11:41, said:

LOL or you got the lucky shot. 

_Tsavo_ #15 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46559 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postvirgil133, on Jan 10 2019 - 11:41, said:

It is generally seen as a compliment to be accused of hacking.  They accuser would like you to think it's an insult, but it's one of the highest compliments you can get.

virgil133 #16 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 17:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37710 battles
On my way to UNICUM status.... Hell Yeah...

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 28270 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jan 10 2019 - 08:18, said:

The tools provided in vanilla allow you to make some guesses that can work out, but to Joe Pubby with the IQ of a cashew, something like this would probably be received as "That guy is cheating!" :

Cackle warning

Cashews are some good eating!

+1 because the rest is also true.

latvius #18 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 18:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34745 battles
  • [FINES] FINES

It's real funny when a wannacom (in one of the good clans) accuses you of using warpack.  I don't even know what warpack does but a certain Sconq got wrecked by me in my skoda t50.  I think he got tracked by someone else, I know I tracked him as well and ammo racked him.  The match was only a few minutes in he died quick and he got zero damage.  He messaged me then blacklisted me so I could not respond.  "i'm going to send the replay to WG"! 

Honestly I was a surprised as he was that he blew up so quick, I just saw a target and pumped the clip into him.

So it's not just the bad players, some good ones look for excuses of poor play (and prob some poor luck as well).

Bad_Oedipus #19 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 18:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46042 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

Long time ago when cross team chat was allowed and G.W.E.100 had AP rounds I was in a game against bunch of eunuchiums.

I had a good start when I nuked a full speed AMX 30 B with HE round.

Instead of being accused of cheating, all I heard was prise and amazement from the other side (including AMX player who was going in a straight line).

I got ovation from the red team when I penetrated three different, sitting still IS 7s with AP rounds.  There was some taunting towards my teammates though...

We lost the game and entire team had with just one kill, that AMX 30 B.

Obviously cheating is a measure of skill, as good players recognize their mistakes.  Bad players tend to blame everyone and everything but themselves.

Edited by Bad_Oedipus, Jan 10 2019 - 18:20.

mlinke #20 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 19:11

Captain

• Players
  • 53336 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
My accusations on cheating comes from my experience in in gameplay. Rng is bad bhese days. We all know how some tanks have slow shell speed. Guy one shots me in the medium in full zig zag run with 183 ap round... And at time when I was behind a building that has no windows... So whatever that is that is bs. Second time guy shoots my track off in a medium 5 times in a row while I was moving and 3times on start of game and 2 on end because I noved around a lot. That time there were missions that you have to do assisted damage. He did 0 damge to my tank but hit track without problems every time. I agree with you in some times, specially when there is some good player on other side but when I see 40 percent wr tomato not miss a single shot...nah. You can say there are some incredible shots in this game but please admit rhat there are cheatting people too. There are a lot of youtube videos that show target leading with aimbot, fallen trees and some even show tanks that are not even lit. I do not use any mods or gold ammo. Using that stuff makes this game too easy and not interesting. Same feeling when you get a 15 : 0 game and you are on winning team. U r happy about the win but it foes not get you any sarisfacition. And it is all about the game. Thing that you get to easy got no value.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users