Jump to content


Fix the G. Pz. Mk. VI.

Tank German Tier 2 Fix Buff Nerf SPG

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Sebasfi93 #1 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 01:07

    Private

  • Players
  • 22666 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013
I dont know if some of you asked this but i have found a big issue with this tank, to get into detail, its just have a big disadvantage between the tier 2 spgs, and it needs to change its specs or to change the tank entirely, in contrast of the rest of the spgss that had quick reload and aiming time, this tank its the opposite of it, and for this tier when the battles end up quickly, u would end up doing nothing but failing and dying at the end of a battle (for the worst case if its himmelsdorf) or doing a somewhat decent battle in an open map (like abbey or mines), but at the end, its just dissapointing that the entire community had fixed the resst of cases like this, and forgot this little arty that deserves to be it, the german spg line its awesome, but this tank, when u begin, needs also to start that way, hope you guys could find solutions to this, to make it more enjoyable to everyone who plays this arty sometimes, or those who begin this line and quit thinking of the rest that may come.

T2Easy4ME #2 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 01:17

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 119 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    09-24-2017
You're literally the only person who cares about a tier 2 SPG

tanopasman62 #3 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 02:05

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17166 battles
  • 3,278
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
Why would someone grind arty from tier 2 when you can get into said lines from other tanks?

NomaeTheJester #4 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 02:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14672 battles
  • 1,105
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Two things:

  1. That is quite possibly the longest run-on sentence I have ever read. I'm actually kinda impressed.
  2. It's a tier II arty. Win one game in it, get your double, and research the tier III. While it would be nice for every vehicle to be well balanced, I think we can safely put a tier II arty right at the bottom of the waiting list.


Grampy #5 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:00

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 24147 battles
  • 858
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostSebasfi93, on Jan 10 2019 - 19:07, said:

I dont know if some of you asked this but i have found a big issue with this tank, to get into detail, its just have a big disadvantage between the tier 2 spgs, and it needs to change its specs or to change the tank entirely, in contrast of the rest of the spgss that had quick reload and aiming time, this tank its the opposite of it, and for this tier when the battles end up quickly, u would end up doing nothing but failing and dying at the end of a battle (for the worst case if its himmelsdorf) or doing a somewhat decent battle in an open map (like abbey or mines), but at the end, its just dissapointing that the entire community had fixed the resst of cases like this, and forgot this little arty that deserves to be it, the german spg line its awesome, but this tank, when u begin, needs also to start that way, hope you guys could find solutions to this, to make it more enjoyable to everyone who plays this arty sometimes, or those who begin this line and quit thinking of the rest that may come.

 

He is in good company: Herman Melville; Moby [edited]- “And, as for me, if, by any possibility, there be any as yet undiscovered prime thing in me; if I shall ever deserve any real repute in that small but high hushed world which I might not be unreasonably ambitious of; if hereafter I shall do anything that, upon the whole, a man might rather have done than to have undone; if, at my death, my executors, or more properly my creditors, find any precious MSS. in my desk, then here I prospectively ascribe all the honor and the glory to whaling; for a whale ship was my Yale College and my Harvard.”

Omega_Weapon #6 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostT2Easy4ME, on Jan 10 2019 - 19:17, said:

You're literally the only person who cares about a tier 2 SPG

 

Nope. I care as well, so there are at least 2 of us at a bare minimum.

Omega_Weapon #7 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 10 2019 - 20:05, said:

Why would someone grind arty from tier 2 when you can get into said lines from other tanks?

 

If you want to experience every tank in the game, learning its strengths and weaknesses, ya gotta start at the bottom.

Omega_Weapon #8 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostSebasfi93, on Jan 10 2019 - 19:07, said:

I dont know if some of you asked this but i have found a big issue with this tank, to get into detail, its just have a big disadvantage between the tier 2 spgs, and it needs to change its specs or to change the tank entirely, in contrast of the rest of the spgss that had quick reload and aiming time, this tank its the opposite of it, and for this tier when the battles end up quickly, u would end up doing nothing but failing and dying at the end of a battle (for the worst case if its himmelsdorf) or doing a somewhat decent battle in an open map (like abbey or mines), but at the end, its just dissapointing that the entire community had fixed the resst of cases like this, and forgot this little arty that deserves to be it, the german spg line its awesome, but this tank, when u begin, needs also to start that way, hope you guys could find solutions to this, to make it more enjoyable to everyone who plays this arty sometimes, or those who begin this line and quit thinking of the rest that may come.

 

The terrible accuracy and very long reload are disadvantages. On the other hand the power of a 105mm shell at tier 2 and the great firing range more than make up for it. When played correctly its actually the best of the tier 2 SPGs.

T2Easy4ME #9 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:26

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 119 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    09-24-2017

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:06, said:

Nope. I care as well, so there are at least 2 of us at a bare minimum.

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:08, said:

If you want to experience every tank in the game, learning its strengths and weaknesses, ya gotta start at the bottom.

I know "you have no life" is overused, but if it's ever been appropriate...



Omega_Weapon #10 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostT2Easy4ME, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:26, said:

I know "you have no life" is overused, but if it's ever been appropriate...

 

If I had no life I'd be way higher than 50 K battles after 8 years.

T2Easy4ME #11 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 119 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    09-24-2017

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:31, said:

If I had no life I'd be way higher than 50 K battles after 8 years.

Jeez you've spent around 10% of the last eight years of your life just in battle.



Omega_Weapon #12 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostT2Easy4ME, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:40, said:

Jeez you've spent around 10% of the last eight years of your life just in battle.

 

Is 10% of your time too much for a hobby you love?

T2Easy4ME #13 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:47

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 119 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    09-24-2017

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 12 2019 - 00:53, said:

Is 10% of your time too much for a hobby you love?

I mean, I have a life, so yeah.



Omega_Weapon #14 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 49625 battles
  • 2,152
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostT2Easy4ME, on Jan 11 2019 - 20:47, said:

I mean, I have a life, so yeah.

 

That just means you don't love any of your hobbies. You have a mild interest in some temporary distractions. Sounds rather dull.

T2Easy4ME #15 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 119 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    09-24-2017

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 12 2019 - 03:37, said:

That just means you don't love any of your hobbies. You have a mild interest in some temporary distractions. Sounds rather dull.

You're right, I apologize. Do what you want, of course.



Altwar #16 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 55717 battles
  • 4,247
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

I actually enjoyed this SPG when I played it.  Yes it's a slow reload and the accuracy isn't wonderful.  Very much agree with that.  But when this SPG connects, it's quite likely to be a one shot kill.   IMO, it's the tier 2 version of the T92 HMC when that SPG was in it's hey day.  When I played it, the Mittengard map was in play and it was hilarious fun, knowing that some unlucky guy on the other side was going to sit around in the open and be pulverized.

 

With that being said, it's a real study in patience playing it and thankfully is not the same as the other tier 2 SPGs for variety's sake.    If you want fast firing and more accuracy, you play the other nation's tier 2s.  If you want a tier 2 hammer that can flatten almost anything it sees with one shot, or two at the most, this is the SPG you play.



Altwar #17 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 55717 battles
  • 4,247
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostNomaeTheJester, on Jan 10 2019 - 17:11, said:

Two things:

  1. That is quite possibly the longest run-on sentence I have ever read. I'm actually kinda impressed.
  2. It's a tier II arty. Win one game in it, get your double, and research the tier III. While it would be nice for every vehicle to be well balanced, I think we can safely put a tier II arty right at the bottom of the waiting list.

 

Rather than pick at the OP, how about address the concern?  Some players, likely to be F2P players but regardless of that, may want to play several battles in a single vehicle rather than just try to push past it in a rush to run up a tech tree.

And while maybe pondering about balancing a tier 2 SPG isn't important to you, it is to the OP and he brought this issue to the forum which is a good thing.   Now unless you are on the Wargaming staff, I think it's safe to say that where that concern goes on a waiting list, if any, is probably up to Wargaming.

 

Anyway, as I mentioned previously, I think the G. Pz. is pretty well balanced myself.   It's different than the other tier 2 SPGs and trades accuracy and rate of fire with a killer shot that can deliver a lesson to players who want to park out in the open.  IMO, this SPG is just fine as it is and is pretty good once a player understands what it brings to the battlefield.



AZandEL #18 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28394 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View PostT2Easy4ME, on Jan 11 2019 - 00:17, said:

You're literally the only person who cares about a tier 2 SPG

 

Maybe if WG gave a crap about lower tiers then they would attract new players. Instead they get himmels and that stupid bowl shaped one. Great way to crush their dreams. Seriously its 2019 when will they dump those ancient joke maps. wth




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users