Current OP Tier X

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

WaywardChild #1 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 06:01

Captain

• Players
  • 37610 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
I'm guessing must will pick between the Type 5, S. Conq. or the 268-4. I stopped grinding to Tier X a while back but with the Christmas discount I'm thinking what-the-heck, maybe just one. I'm grinding these threes Tier 9's right now but I have to pick the one for the discount before its over. What do you think? Thanks for any thoughts.

Christojojo #2 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 06:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

OP is a myth. Period. OP is a whining aexample of a person that wont adjust and wants the world to adjust to his game play style. DOn't like an attack td? Complain that it is op. Don't like premium  rounds? complain that it is OP (guilty). Don't like  arty? complain that it is OP.

Don't like wolf packs? complain they are op.

I mean why bother doing anything with the game. Give everyone an loltraktor with a different name but exact same specs and let the fun happen. Why learn flanking and teamwork? Just whine whine whine OP OP OP.

death_stryker #3 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 06:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

Out of those three, I would pick the SConq, since the other two are both weaker (in my opinion) and more toxic to the game. 

However, I am of the opinion that the 430U is, for pubs, the strongest tech tree tier 10.

goldfinger_555 #4 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 06:10

Captain

• Players
  • 27507 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
I've postponed my run to the Type 5 Heavy because of all the talk about premium ammo getting nerfed and/or the tank itself. The Conq or 268-4 comes down to do you like a hull down hvy with a good gun or an in your face TD play style.

cKy_ #5 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 06:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 4097 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:05, said:

OP is a myth. Period. OP is a whining aexample of a person that wont adjust and wants the world to adjust to his game play style. DOn't like an attack td? Complain that it is op. Don't like premium  rounds? complain that it is OP (guilty). Don't like  arty? complain that it is OP.

I mean why bother doing anything with the game. Give everyone an loltraktor with a different name but exact same specs and let the fun happen. Why learn flanking and teamwork? Just whine whine whine OP OP OP.

Wow, you are extraordinarily delusional. 

Altwar #6 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 07:10

Major

• Players
  • 58027 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostcKy_, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:55, said:

Could you expand on that?    Or better yet, talk to the actual subject at hand and add some value to the conversation?

I kind of agree with Christojojo that most of what is called OP in the game isn't and is more of a quick reaction to a challenge that has not been figured out yet.

To the original question though, my experience says the Type 5 is probably the closest to being considered that.   It can run wild in Random matches at times, with a competent player.   The 268 4 as a casemate is not; track that TD and it is in major trouble.   I don't see it in Randoms much anymore and my guess is that it's been figured out.  S Conqueror's a very solid tank, though not when I'm playing it and probably better than most other tier 10s, but not wildly so.     Anyway, that's how I see them and were I to choose one, I'd go with the S Conqueror just because it's more flexible than the other 2 and can take better advantage of various map terrain.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #7 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 07:27

Major

• Players
  • 27049 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

Type 5 just because I don't like shooting gold but I always need to carry some in case I come across that thing, because flanking isn't always possible and letting a type 5 push unobstructed is almost never an option if one wants to win. The gun isn't that big of a deal, though the gold having a direct alpha increase with no other difference is a tad questionable.

(talking about playing tier 9s where base pen is typically insufficient to pen type 5 anywhere frontally)

Genzing #8 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 08:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23422 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostcKy_, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:55, said:

In a sense, he's not wrong. There are tanks that are powerful for what they are, yes, in the hands of a capable player who knows how to use the game mechanics (or lack of defense against it) to their advantage. The Type 5 due to it's derp and near impenetrable defense against standard shells as mentioned above is an example of a tank that is insanely powerful when played by a proficient player. In the case of the 268 v4, it was a complete monster that could run down heavy tanks, face hug nearly as well as an E3 and was exceedingly hard to fight if you didn't track it or fire premium shells. Powerful tanks are still useless if the player doesn't play to that tanks strengths, i.e. a Type 5 still can't run out in the open and profit because it will get turned into swiss cheese. 

As for the OP's question. It really depends on your playstyle, if you like hill fighting with something that can dish out shells rather quickly, get the S. Conq. If you like fast moving TDs with good enough armor to frontline, 268 v4. If you like being at the front, becoming a 'gold' mine and derping people (Or using the AP variant for good 'consistent damage' which most people don't), Type 5.

Moridin_707 #9 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 09:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19887 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 10 2019 - 21:05, said:

Well said.

But entitled whiners are gonna whine.

cKy_ #10 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 09:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 4097 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostAltwar, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:10, said:

Could you expand on that?    Or better yet, talk to the actual subject at hand and add some value to the conversation?

I kind of agree with Christojojo that most of what is called OP in the game isn't and is more of a quick reaction to a challenge that has not been figured out yet.

To the original question though, my experience says the Type 5 is probably the closest to being considered that.   It can run wild in Random matches at times, with a competent player.   The 268 4 as a casemate is not; track that TD and it is in major trouble.   I don't see it in Randoms much anymore and my guess is that it's been figured out.  S Conqueror's a very solid tank, though not when I'm playing it and probably better than most other tier 10s, but not wildly so.     Anyway, that's how I see them and were I to choose one, I'd go with the S Conqueror just because it's more flexible than the other 2 and can take better advantage of various map terrain.

H

View PostGenzing, on Jan 11 2019 - 19:13, said:

In a sense, he's not wrong. There are tanks that are powerful for what they are, yes, in the hands of a capable player who knows how to use the game mechanics (or lack of defense against it) to their advantage. The Type 5 due to it's derp and near impenetrable defense against standard shells as mentioned above is an example of a tank that is insanely powerful when played by a proficient player. In the case of the 268 v4, it was a complete monster that could run down heavy tanks, face hug nearly as well as an E3 and was exceedingly hard to fight if you didn't track it or fire premium shells. Powerful tanks are still useless if the player doesn't play to that tanks strengths, i.e. a Type 5 still can't run out in the open and profit because it will get turned into swiss cheese. 

As for the OP's question. It really depends on your playstyle, if you like hill fighting with something that can dish out shells rather quickly, get the S. Conq. If you like fast moving TDs with good enough armor to frontline, 268 v4. If you like being at the front, becoming a 'gold' mine and derping people (Or using the AP variant for good 'consistent damage' which most people don't), Type 5.

While he never mentioned it directly, he was clearly referring to the Obj 268 v4 when he mentioned "attack TD". Delusional.

The Defender is OP. The IS-3A is OP. 

"OP is a whining aexample of a person that wont adjust and wants the world to adjust to his game play style"

Let me just flank this IS-3A in my same tier T-44, oh no my shot went slightly low so it bounced off spaced armour despite me shooting into his flat side... Now he has turned to look at me... And he has shot me for 390 and tracked me! Oh well, better use the repair ki- Oh no! He tracked me again, doing 390 damage, and again doing another 390 damage! Oh well, I can flank him now that he is reloading his autoloader... Oh no he has reloaded in just 11 seconds and is ready to kill me, and he has killed me!

Isn't it ironic that someone like Christjojo is saying that people that call tanks OP simply won't adjust, while it is clear from hovering over the little "i" that he has failed to "adjust" since his first 5000 games.

Dirizon #11 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 10:46

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 11 2019 - 00:35, said:

OP is a myth. Period. OP is a whining example of a person that won't adjust and wants the world to adjust to his game play style. Don't like an attack TD? Complain that it is op. Don't like premium  rounds? complain that it is OP (guilty). Don't like  arty? complain that it is OP.

Do not believe this sort of talk. This is nonsense.

Alot of it is groundless boulder-dash not backed by any relevant pointers or anything resembling something informative. This person is pretending to be a math teacher, but is instead just shouting out aloud some numbers. What does that make someone? Let me tell you, not a math teacher.

View PostMoridin_707, on Jan 11 2019 - 03:49, said:

Well said.
But entitled whiners are gonna whine.

l am surprised someone like this, would say this. Whatever, there are few odd cases.

View PostAltwar, on Jan 11 2019 - 01:40, said:

Sure. Explanations are ample. 

Type 5 is not powerful. Type 5 is not death dealing. Type 5, is easy to use. lt is too easy to use. Someone who lacks fundamental heavy tanking skills, such as positioning, map awareness and choosing appropriate flanks, side scraping, armour knowledge and aiming, armour use, trading shots - can still play a Type 5 and do reasonably well. Why is that? lt uses a considerable HE damage gun that does not require any sort of aiming. lt combines, essentially a Jag Pz E gun, that only fires its HE ammunition, but with a turret and a vertical stab. And it fires faster. This means it does not need toe even consider normal heavy tank encounters tactics, armour usage, or trading, but needs only see a square foot of the enemy opposition [(  including outer decals or track belts, not actually tank hitbox  )] and lob a comparatively high damage HE projectile with little fear in return, unless the enemy pushes in return. ln which case Type 5 can easily protect itself by staying among allies or hugging hard cover. And passively, it protects itself further with good armour that is pretty much resilient over a spread of 6O/4O probability against most tier X non TD  AP ammos available. Type 5, with an excellent playerin it, with 11K PR and a 4K WN8, is not often able to ruthlessly dominant a match and do 5K damage and assist another 2K and win.....because of huge flaws like speed, camo, firepower, size. But a potato with 47% W/R that cannot even manage 1.5K  DPG in most tier X vehicles, can more or less controllably contribute in a type 5 and miraculously net 2K damage games consistently. The tank is too easy to use, yet near immediately hard capped in that great players have trouble being very great in it. This is the problem. 

0bject 258 V 4 is another problem, in that it shares alot of these Type 4 & 5 problematic issues. Hard for a great player to excel at a very great level, but easy for normal casual players to exceed their normal potential. lt is too easy to use. The Bobject, simply has too much armour, even after its re-balance and nerfs, and too much speed even after its nerfs. Yet the firepower is so potato, so incompetent, that it is hard for skilled marksmen to effectively use and procure acceptable damage beyond two-hundred m, otherwise a strange concept for a TD. Yet due to its speed, and armour, it is able to frontally acquire positions and chase down targets TDs otherwise don't often do at all, as typically fast TDs like object 268 / Fochs were never --this-- fast and had narrow acquisition fields of fire.......and the TDs that were that fast like Grille, Strv, or newly buffed FV4K5 have severe survivability and low armour issues preventing them from using speed like mediums. 

0ther tank destroyers, like T67 retain unusually high camo values while not sharing soft stat penalties like Hellcat and Skorp G, preventing these mentioned TDs from firing on the move or using rapid fire / high DPM. T67, unlike most turret TDs such as Grille, Hellcat, Charioteer, Skorp G, retains a very impressive rate of fire and DPM, coupled with great TD dispersion values even while moving. TDs with turrets, usually have unbearably high bloom rates the moment they decide to move, and WG feels the need to N0T give them 2Okm/hr reverse speeds, only to select ones. T67 is a problem, that was an even bigger problem before when it had 37Om view range and could drag up tier 3s.

Artillery is not over powered. Very few even those excellent 4K damage tier X 7O% W/R players, think it is. lt is easy to play.  Heard that before? Here it is again, ease of use. A 47% player, that a great player can otherwise ignore and think of as a bot in a tank, is turned into a danger with an artillery piece. This player does not need to position themselves, choose the right ammunition, aim, sacrifice HP in trading, be near the fight - any of this stuff. This player can just sit in a corner and shoot. Although maps like cities do not allow for too much of it, the problem here again is clear, artillery is T00 EASY T0 USE, and allows for otherwise low skilled players to easily compete. 

Scold people. Refute them. who bloody cares. lts like telling a pig on the farm, that you just cleaned and toweled down before releasing it back into its pen not to roll in the mud and mind its manners. Why? Who would do this. The pig is just going to go back to stuffing its face full of muck and roll in the mud, seconds after. What do you want in your math teacher? A sound gentleman that understands theories, digits, integers, formulas, geometry, architecture?  0r do you want a ruffled person who shouts numbers? lf you cannot decide who, well whatever l have to say here is lost anyway.  And you can just listen to a very vivid obi wan:

https://www.youtube....h?v=M1DcD8e55YY

Dirizon #12 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 11:06

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

But pardon me, back to the issue at hand for the original hosted post.

Super Conq, Type 5, object 268 V 4 are all coveted tier X CW tanks. Super Conq, in terms of a vehicles -overpowered- nature and level, is the strongest of the bunch. But not the easiest to use, the bobject and Type 5 are more broken tanks. 

The best tier Xs, in  relative terms of strength and potential, include things like WZ5A, obj 277, obj 43OU, obj 9O7, obj 14O. These are tanks that can take control of matches without significant drawbacks in any regard. l  would consider Super Conq, lS7, obj 26O, and obj 268 V 4 tanks on the fringe, as being near overpowered.  Average tanks, to be used as controls to compare with, that are not full of bad drawbacks, but also don't have many good attributes include things like T11OE4/5,  T62A,  Cent A X,  AMX 54.  

Bad T X, to stay clear of include things like lS4, AMX 3OB, Leopard, LT tanks  (minus T Hundo for CW spotter)  JagPzE, E5OM

RagnarokBazil #13 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 14:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25130 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Jan 11 2019 - 00:10, said:

I've postponed my run to the Type 5 Heavy because of all the talk about premium ammo getting nerfed and/or the tank itself. The Conq or 268-4 comes down to do you like a hull down hvy with a good gun or an in your face TD play style.

Only the Gold Shell is getting smacked.. But its also a double edge sword as its getting 200mm of Hesh to deal 770 alpha.

WaywardChild #14 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 16:29

Captain

• Players
  • 37610 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

Wow, thanks for all the input. At first this looked like it was going to turn into a hate thread but I'm glad it turned around. Maybe I misstated my intent with my original question. I was just asking about "Really fun Tier X Vehicles" for an old guy to play. I'm not that good and I usually prefer lights and Mediums. I love playing Heavies but I feel my play just brings a team down that's counting on me to be a Heavy, and I hate that. Tier X costs so much silver that I have to save up for a week or two before I can play some matches. When I do play, I want to help my team and have fun. Derping somebody with the Type sounds like a hoot, sucking up damage and angering the Reds is a delicious treat. If I'm in the S.Conq I worry that I won't play as strong a game as my team needs from a top MBT. I have the 113, IS7, E5 and I stink up the joint so bad I haven't even taken my 277 out for a spin. Maus and E100 I have a good time in but crappy win rate, and my highest personal ranking Tier X are the Grille, 268 and Badger.  

Sorry, I'm rambling. I just want to play Tier X, have fun and maybe even make silver. Thanks for your thoughts, Wayward

Christojojo #15 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostcKy_, on Jan 11 2019 - 00:55, said:

Thank you. Coming from somebody so self centered I take that as a complement.

Christojojo #16 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 07:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostDirizon, on Jan 11 2019 - 04:46, said:

Do not believe this sort of talk. This is nonsense.

A lot of it is groundless boulder-dash not backed by any relevant pointers or anything resembling something informative. This person is pretending to be a math teacher, but is instead just shouting out aloud some numbers. What does that make someone? Let me tell you, not a math teacher.

<<<<<BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH >>>>>

You almost had my respect. You gave points of explanation even using some form of reason. You had the possibility of an open minded debate. The personal attack was hilarious though, thank you for coming down to my level. Once down here you cannot crawl out again.

To bad you cant understand facts outside of your little fantasy land (Not an attack once you dig deeper). Every tank can be destroyed in game can it not? Do we have servers full of the exact same tank? NOT much math there. IF a tank can be destroyed and not everyone is playing the exact same tank the problem is more tactic than being Over -crybaby- Powered. (Seriously? boo hoo. This tank hurt me! boo hoo. That arty stunned me! BOO hoo.) Get over it. Other problems ruin this game vs. a diverse set of tanks and play styles. Blandness is far worse, a college loaded with participation trophy geniuses would be far worse. Learning to play with personal challenges is not worse. Dealing with short minded knuckleheads is far worse. ONE day you may grow up. One day you might even be forced to grow up. Hopefully, I will be around when that happens and read your admission.

My opinions are for pub servers only. I could care less about C.W. since my physical restrictions make that level beyond my physical ability.

LOVE,

A Math teacher

Dirizon #17 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

By that, you mean a bad math teacher. 

0nly certified to teach Kindergarten math.

l don't want your respect. What is your respect worth. 

Look at the exclamation beside your battles played. 

Who in the right mind respects that, really? 

You don't understand something, and are trying to talk about it

Christojojo #18 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 02:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostDirizon, on Jan 12 2019 - 17:36, said:

By that, you mean a bad math teacher.  Thank you.

0nly certified to teach Kindergarten math. LOL, You don't understand the education certification process apparently.

l don't want your respect. What is your respect worth. I do not need a felon's respect. (Just an F.Y.I. Dr. Einstein  a question mark should follow the word "worth." And I aint no Engelish teaceherer either (misspellings are intentional so you can understand it)

Look at the exclamation beside your battles played. Awesome reading of rudimentary  statistical number. Yawn.

Who in the right mind respects that, really?  Somebody who understands real life and the restrictions it has on playing a meaningless game.

You don't understand something, and are trying to talk about it Obviously you do not understand the game. You take things super personal. I was thinking at one point you were almost intelligent but misguided. I was wrong. You have a juvenile mindset without hope for any real success in life. If I was to guess you are probably a career alcoholic, in your early twenties, who verbally abuses his parents and any girl unfortunate to fall for your "woe is me" act. That is disappointing and concerning. You will blame others for your problems and never ever find the strength within to become better at being a human. I would suggest  that you seek help but I do not think you would ever be strong enough for the required introspection.

Dirizon #19 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 14:06

Major

• Players
  • 27926 battles

and here we go, here come the personal insults.  And you say people take things personal? 

l don't care if l am a terrible person. The whole point of a video game is to step out of person. 

This isn't real life, this is world of tanks. And any sort of intelligence, it is measured by results. 

l do not know a damn thing of your life, neither do you of mine. But here you are terrible, and l am not. 

Stop blurting out falsehoods and nonsense, how about you at least try to get better. 

Christojojo #20 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 00:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34590 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostDirizon, on Jan 13 2019 - 08:06, said:

and here we go, here come the personal insults.  And you say people take things personal? :)

l don't care if l am a terrible person. The whole point of a video game is to step out of person. 

This isn't real life, this is world of tanks. And any sort of intelligence, it is measured by results. Do not confuse results and intelligence in a game so controlled by rng.

l do not know a damn thing of your life, neither do you of mine. But here you are terrible, and l am not. What? I have know Idea what you are talking about. Are you talking that I am in real life terrible. Naw far from it. IF you are talking about in the forums. YES I am. I am a troll in the forums. I get on here and have fun at arrogant  hubris filled knuckleheads that have to pretend they are experts in this game. I play a few hours a day max. I spend time in the forums and deal with real situations outside of this game. IN this game I escape reality. I know how to play but cannot get consistently better for reasons beyond your knowledge. Insulting me and saying I cant play is a false hood. I probably could have out played you 8 years ago. That is if I had the desire to. Games are not worth the extra frustrations to me to master anymore. Nor are they worth the pain they would cause me over a long period of time.

Stop blurting out falsehoods and nonsense, how about you at least try to get better. _try rereading my posts I have certain physical limitations that make getting better a tad bit more impossible but its okay for you not to get those facts straight because you hold yourself to a lower standard.

Personal Insult were thrown by both so don't play the innocent victim there laddy.

Edited by Christojojo, Jan 14 2019 - 01:07.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users