WarGaming's latest refer-a-friend program was MANIPULATIVE, and CHEATS recruits out of a fair st...

Cheating Manipulative Scummy Refer-A-Friend Recruit-A-Friend Holiday lootboxes Reddit CabbageMechanic Promotion Invite codes

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

BrokenBastion #101 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 12438 battles
I don't think we'll see a positive resolve of this. The Holiday ops is ending in a couple of hours and we did not see a single message from WG on the forums.

Oooh man, my wallet is going to stay closed for a very long time.

largeelvis #102 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20077 battles
Yeah, this is kind of the opposite of getting a new player interested in the game. This and ghosting the NA server on Christmas/New Years was a very bad sign for 2019.

tiegermp #103 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 18:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 41110 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Recieved a reply from my support ticket:

Hello tiegermp,

Thanks for contacting Wargaming Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We're currently looking into this and have notified the development team. We'll be updating this once we have any information back from them.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

................................................................................................

Good morning

I received my 5 "Loot Boxes" for inviting one of my friends to join War Gaming and World of Tanks. 5 Small boxes? Really? I wanted to take a second and thank War Gaming for nothing. What I really wanted to say was where you could stick those 5 boxes, but lesson learned. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. You will never get the oppertunity to screw me over again. I cannot tell you enough how much of a sour taste this manipulative and downright unethical promontion has left on myself and many other gamers that fell for your deception. My wallet is now closed and rather than promoting your game I will be doing the opposite. Talk about a cheap low class act..................so sad what your company has disintigrated down to. Worse is the lack of response on the Forums and the clearly ignoring an issue that has upset many of the people that try to enjoy and promote your game.

lazyandlate #104 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 19:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 33379 battles
In a word, Pathetic. This game has regressed on NA, at least, and now it is getting obvious. The misdirection and, quite frankly, dishonesty is showing the possible end to the NA server? The boxes issue was a back breaker for me. The game has gotten so much more arcade and the money factor of course plays such a role. An MM that has been "worked" on for as long as I remember. Premium vehicles out the ying yang. Re-done and some quite laughable maps. CW structure that has less and less clans participating. Tournament issues that still have no explanation. Ammo racks and other more repetitive [edited]....love the 2 and 3 ammo racks a game now to get me to use theose repair kits and first aid. Then pushing this holiday ops stuff. Basically don't buy anything all year and buy like 150 during this time. Giveme a break. Again the suffering of their capability to keep people here is obvious. Hope is starting to fade and will be bummed when my tank playing days come to an end. This next campaign just may be my last. :(

TsarCidron #105 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 6882 battles
  • [RAID2] RAID2

Problem is, they KNEW that they were offering SMALL boxes.  But, they lacked the BALLS to state it in the advertisement.  They knew they would be ridiculed for their feeble Christmas special.  Someone up there deliberately advertised them as something other than LARGE or SMALL on day one of the special.     If they had a set of balls, they would put "you will get SMALL boxes" but, instead they went to their normal style and chose to be evasive with the details in the special, as well as any and all communication in tickets since. 

Seems reminiscent to the Warships, coming out of Beta, Murmansk cruiser/Humble Bundle fiasco.  Only when it went to Youtube persons (not just the wg/wows ones) did Wargaming make amends.

BrokenBastion #106 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 12438 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 14 2019 - 02:27, said:

Problem is, they KNEW that they were offering SMALL boxes.  But, they lacked the BALLS to state it in the advertisement.  They knew they would be ridiculed for their feeble Christmas special.  Someone up there deliberately advertised them as something other than LARGE or SMALL on day one of the special.     If they had a set of balls, they would put "you will get SMALL boxes" but, instead they went to their normal style and chose to be evasive with the details in the special, as well as any and all communication in tickets since. 

Seems reminiscent to the Warships, coming out of Beta, Murmansk cruiser/Humble Bundle fiasco.  Only when it went to Youtube persons (not just the wg/wows ones) did Wargaming make amends.

This. Deliberatly evasive.

omi5cron #107 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 23617 battles
it seems its going to sour some new players and some old players.not something that would be done if you really wanted to keep/get people to play your game...and maybe spend some money in the coming year. the marketing team is not in sync with the main purpose.

Brody67 #108 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13008 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
let me get this straight, Poster thought he could make a free account and get 5 large boxes for free :D 

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #109 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostBrody67, on Jan 14 2019 - 13:19, said:

let me get this straight, Poster thought he could make a free account and get 5 large boxes for free :D 

False. However, it is likely for that reason why WG Did not give out the large boxes, they just completely failed to elaborate what boxes would be received to anyone until afterwards.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy_NA, Jan 14 2019 - 13:22.

VinnyI82 #110 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 37603 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostBrody67, on Jan 14 2019 - 07:19, said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention, and are the reason we need neg votes back that actually have consequences for people who get negged into oblivion

Brody67 #111 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13008 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Jan 14 2019 - 13:22, said:

False. However, it is likely for that reason why WG Did not give out the large boxes, they just completely failed to elaborate what boxes would be received to anyone until afterwards.

you should always assume it will be small boxes if they were going to give large boxes they would specify, 

Desyatnik_Pansy_NA #112 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostBrody67, on Jan 14 2019 - 13:23, said:

you should always assume it will be small boxes if they were going to give large boxes they would specify, 

And there you've found the problem. They didn't specify, so folks had to make their own guesses solely because WG Failed to elaborate on it. Some correctly assumed it would indeed be small boxes, others assumed it would be large; as Scorpiany's last post on the previous page states, it is not entirely wrong to have assumed it would indeed have been large boxes. All of this could have been avoided with a simple statement elaborating on the boxes, or just wording the email better, but alas what's done is done.

Brody67 #113 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 13:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13008 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy_NA, on Jan 14 2019 - 13:30, said:

And there you've found the problem. They didn't specify, so folks had to make their own guesses solely because WG Failed to elaborate on it. Some correctly assumed it would indeed be small boxes, others assumed it would be large; as Scorpiany's last post on the previous page states, it is not entirely wrong to have assumed it would indeed have been large boxes. All of this could have been avoided with a simple statement elaborating on the boxes, or just wording the email better, but alas what's done is done.

So why cry and complain on the fourms about not getting what you want :o alot of players who started the game along time ago got nothing, least your gettin some crumbs, crapi swear this fourm is full of crybabies cryin over spilt milk :D

and its better to direct your complaints over this in a support ticket instead of crying on fourms where people will clearly just lol at you like iam :D

Edited by Brody67, Jan 14 2019 - 13:37.

Raser10 #114 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 14:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24731 battles
  • [QARME] QARME

I thought I was the only one complaining until I saw this message, I wrote to Player support.

https://zupimages.ne.../19/03/lu8j.png

https://zupimages.ne.../19/03/tbm6.png

https://zupimages.ne.../19/03/61bd.png

https://zupimages.ne.../19/03/4geq.png

Wow can I put an image here?

I am seriously thinking about deleting this game end go somewhere else. 

Edited by Raser10, Jan 14 2019 - 14:21.

Nunya_000 #115 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostRAFOsprey, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:21, said:

Please recall the cussing temper tantrum by Clark Griswold in “Christmas Vacation” when he got a certificate for the Jelly of the Month Club instead of his hoped for bonus. This is exactly how I and my recruit feel after getting the lousy 5 small boxes. 

I see it more like Ralphie in The Christmas Story when he was all excited about getting his Little Orphan Annie decoder pin.  He had high expectations that he was receiving something "cool", only to find out it was nothing more than an ad for Ovaltine.  His disappointment was caused by his own faulty expectations.

Copacetic #116 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 16:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47232 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Always expect the lesser from WG, kids.

TheyCallMeGrim #117 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 17:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 14777 battles
  • [TOG3A] TOG3A

View PostBrody67, on Jan 14 2019 - 07:36, said:

So why cry and complain on the fourms about not getting what you want

1. I really, truly do not care that I did not receive the reward that I thought I would get. I got enough out of the large boxes already. I do care that my friend got something so useless that he quit the game over it.
  2. You should care, too, if you like playing World of Tanks. Wargaming fumbling the ball so badly with new recruits is not a positive thing, especially on the NA server with its dwindling population. WG effectively lost two players for the price of one in some instances.
  3. Most directly to your point, posting here helps to demonstrate how many players are angry enough about this to visit and discuss it on the forum. I've submitted two tickets and gone directly to a community manager about this, too, as have others.

RAFOsprey #118 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 17:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4707 battles
  • [209RA] 209RA

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 14 2019 - 09:53, said:

I see it more like Ralphie in The Christmas Story when he was all excited about getting his Little Orphan Annie decoder pin.  He had high expectations that he was receiving something "cool", only to find out it was nothing more than an ad for Ovaltine.  His disappointment was caused by his own faulty expectations.

Never mind that the “faulty expectations” were originated, cultured and disseminated by WG…you are correct. I should have known that the offer was too good to be true.

Unlike Linus in the “Great Pumpkin”, who expects next year  to be better and fulfill his expectations, I will not be fooled again. What I expect from WGing is a continuation of ignoring the player base input and more of the same curious game adjustments we’ve all noticed over the years.

Indeed, as the game grows old, and server numbers lower, I expect even more desperate ploys to emerge.  I do not expect them to accept responsibly for screw-ups like this “Lootbox Hoax” or provide genuine clarity about MM or RNG (these being proprietary and possibly volatile secrets).

I can promise that however shamefully WG behaves, the apologists, sycophants,  and digital John Wayne’s will pounce on every criticism and complaint about WGing in an attempt to intimidate and bully the offending writer into silence. These loud few (...often an alternate account...) seem to police to forums only to stoke their disagreeable egos...

I wish all my fellow players Good Luck with the game and dealings with WG…you will certainly need it.   

owlgator #119 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostBrokenBastion, on Jan 13 2019 - 10:37, said:

I don't think we'll see a positive resolve of this. The Holiday ops is ending in a couple of hours and we did not see a single message from WG on the forums.

Oooh man, my wallet is going to stay closed for a very long time.

I'd guess they are on radio silence until they can come up with the best bullsh... I mean response.

Nunya_000 #120 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostRAFOsprey, on Jan 14 2019 - 08:23, said:

Never mind that the “faulty expectations” were originated, cultured and disseminated by WG…you are correct. I should have known that the offer was too good to be true.

Unlike Linus in the “Great Pumpkin”, who expects next year  to be better and fulfill his expectations, I will not be fooled again. What I expect from WGing is a continuation of ignoring the player base input and more of the same curious game adjustments we’ve all noticed over the years.

Indeed, as the game grows old, and server numbers lower, I expect even more desperate ploys to emerge.  I do not expect them to accept responsibly for screw-ups like this “Lootbox Hoax” or provide genuine clarity about MM or RNG (these being proprietary and possibly volatile secrets).

I can promise that however shamefully WG behaves, the apologists, sycophants,  and digital John Wayne’s will pounce on every criticism and complaint about WGing in an attempt to intimidate and bully the offending writer into silence. These loud few (...often an alternate account...) seem to police to forums only to stoke their disagreeable egos...

I wish all my fellow players Good Luck with the game and dealings with WG…you will certainly need it.   

Actually, the "faulty expectations" were created by those that were disappointed.  They ASSUMED something and their assumptions were incorrect.  They ASSUMED that they would be getting good free stuff and got lame free stuff and are now upset that the free stuff did not meet their expectations.

I feel I have been very clear that I think this was a very poor decision on the part of marketing.  I understand why people are upset and marketing should have been very clear up front.  However, playing devils advocate, I don't think it would have been a good idea to allow brand new players the chance to obtain a free tier 8 tank.....plus a lot of free gold.

I grow up in the era where "false expectations" were groomed quite often.  Those free X-Rays glasses that would allow us to see through clothing?  Yeah....never worked.  Pictures drawn on the Etch-o-sketch that made one believe they could be the next Van Gogh?  Only if you were a true Van Gogh to begin with.  The decoder rings?  Well....I think all of us '50-60' kids fell for that one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users