WarGaming's latest refer-a-friend program was MANIPULATIVE, and CHEATS recruits out of a fair st...

Cheating Manipulative Scummy Refer-A-Friend Recruit-A-Friend Holiday lootboxes Reddit CabbageMechanic Promotion Invite codes

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

RECON_RANGER #161 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 18:29

Captain

• Players
  • 39934 battles

View PostRAFOsprey, on Jan 18 2019 - 14:59, said:

Just because your "friends" created fake accounts doesn't mean everyone did. I admit that I wanted the chances to get a goodie from the boxes. Why not?

WG came up with this idea, and sent out the emails for a deceptive offer they couldn't even honor on a schedule they set. Nobody came creeping from the shadows to sneak something past them. If there is greed in or about this game, look only as far as WGing to find the Crown  Prince.

I just love how no matter what kind of crap WG pulls, or what players criticize them about, we always, and mean always, get a self-appointed, arrogant White Knight apologist show up to  take up for them. They should be aware that we are not chastened or impressed with their false claim of owning the moral high ground. We recognize this sycophancy for just what it is, only we call it something a tad more crude.

I don't know if my son got his Churchill or not. I'll get him to check today. If he had gotten it on time, we could have platooned together in it before the events ended and perhaps he would have earned more decorations with the attendant items.

dude, it's an online free to play video game.  WG is not IBM, you know. 

You know Chris Roberts has STOLEN hundreds of millions of dollars in "crowd funding" over the last 5 years for STAR CITIZEN and has still not produced a game, but he's driving a ferrari and living in a mansion. 

Get over it. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Jan 18 2019 - 18:35.

mlinke #162 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 18:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50736 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 18 2019 - 14:15, said:

You know you created a fake account just like many of my friends did to get the 5 large loot boxes for yourself so I am happy the way this worked out.  It's called justice. 

If this was truly about the person you recruited, they are better off with the compensation, but it's not.  Your entire thread is about YOU not getting 5 large loot boxes for yourself from your made-up referral. 

Bro, recruits did get nothing other than 5 small loot boxes that brought them nithing usefull. 

mlinke #163 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50736 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostManOwar__, on Jan 18 2019 - 16:38, said:

Scorpiany's post created on Jan 11 2019.

Cabbage Mechanic's reply on Jan 17 2019.

It really takes six days to reply at all? not even a reply stating that we hear you and are working on something? You don't have to wait until you have a solution just something to show you're listening and working on it. Why is Reddit a better way to get customer support then your own sponsored forums? If it took my six days to respond to customers at my job I'd be fired. WGNA clearly needs some better help and understanding regarding customer support and customer relations.

I sent cm a private message after 5 days this all happened to get an official response. He did not know what I was talking about so I did not press it farther. On the other hand he did invwstigate on his own and come with that response. Do not blame him. Half of the pr do not know facts or what is even going on around them. They cant get a response because most of them do not play the game or play on pimped accs with millions of free xp and gold. Pr section should be made of seasoned players, not someone who has 3 k games.

RECON_RANGER #164 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 39934 battles

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on Jan 18 2019 - 15:49, said:

Quit playing about 1.5 Months ago, uninstalled game completely two weeks ago.

Seeing these threads . . . yeah. 

U quit the game and completely uninstalled it which is impossible but you are still on the forum reading threads?

ROFL

Why don't you contact WG and request that they DELETE your entire account?  That is how you REALLY "uninstall it." 

Go on, man-up. If the game is so bad DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.

I am averaging 46 battles a day and having a blast.  I hope WG fixes MM and nerfs arty, but it is still fun especially tier 7 preferentials (M10 and E25). 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Jan 18 2019 - 19:21.

Cognitive_Dissonance #165 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 40641 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 18 2019 - 11:58, said:

U quit the game and completely uninstalled it which is impossible but you are still on the forum reading threads?

ROFL

Why don't you contact WG and request that they DELETE your entire account?  That is how you REALLY "uninstall it." 

Go on, man-up. If the game is so bad DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.

I am averaging 46 battles a day and having a blast.  I hope WG fixes MM and nerfs arty, but it is still fun especially tier 7 preferentials (M10 and E25). 

Made a lot of friends here, really enjoyed this game immensely for the first four years or so.

Last year, just hung on hoping for some sign of improvement, the beta (ish) large format maps and 60 player dynamic was really encouraging, then "poof" gone.

Lets just call it morbid curiosity.

RAFOsprey #166 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 22:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4707 battles
  • [209RA] 209RA

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Jan 17 2019 - 14:26, said:

Hey Tankers,

We didn't forget this issue and your feedback has been noted and escalated.  Leaving out the type of boxes from the e-mail was an unintentional oversight, and an extra review step has been added to our promotion creation process to make sure that future projects use the appropriate terms when referring to in-game goods and that other existing offers are referenced before a new one is created.  In addition, at this time all new players who activated the code as an invite should have received a Churchill III, 7 days of premium, and 500 gold to bring their haul into line with what other invite codes offer.

Apologies for the slow turnaround and any confusion caused.

CM

Just checked with my son, and no, there has been no Churchill etc. added to his account. I'm sorry if you drew the short-straw regarding official communications concerning "Lootbox-gate", but this stinks worse than my cat-box. As someone asked earlier, just why is it taking so long and so much hand ringing to fix this?

We've seen enough apologies already, and they grow less valuable with every repeat.

Waylandie #167 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 23:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14003 battles
  • [XXII] XXII
So we hate the large loot boxes because it's gambling, but we're pissed that a vague email didn't give us the large loot boxes?  It seems that no matter what happens, WG is going to  have people pissed and say they are out to screw them.   

Flarvin #168 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 52999 battles

View PostWaylandie, on Jan 18 2019 - 17:33, said:

So we hate the large loot boxes because it's gambling, but we're pissed that a vague email didn't give us the large loot boxes?  It seems that no matter what happens, WG is going to  have people pissed and say they are out to screw them.   

Weird, like different people have different opinions. 

WeSayNotToday #169 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 01:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20357 battles

View PostWaylandie, on Jan 18 2019 - 23:33, said:

As an invite code, the 5 loot boxes were a fairly normal-equivalent invite code, start our game, we incentivize you with a minimum of 1750 gold, 500k credits, 5 tier 5 and 5 random ornaments for our Xmas/ New Year's game, with the chance for more, better stuff replacing the credits.

When purchasing loot boxes with actual $, the addition of rare, good, usually or currently un-purchasable tanks made it like unto.....

Context matters.

VooDooKobra #170 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 04:24

Major

• Players
  • 8888 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 18 2019 - 10:29, said:

dude, it's an online free to play video game.  WG is not IBM, you know. 

You know Chris Roberts has STOLEN hundreds of millions of dollars in "crowd funding" over the last 5 years for STAR CITIZEN and has still not produced a game, but he's driving a ferrari and living in a mansion. 

Get over it. 

Actually if not a complete game there is still so much that has been done with star citizen, there is the fps section as well as the ships.  both of with look and play very well

BrokenBastion #171 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 14:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 12438 battles

While I am happy that we finally got an answer in this topic, what is taking so long to resolve this?

Does it have to be escalated to the CEO?

If it was indeed a mistake, just say so and repair it. No?

Veracks #172 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 15:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19782 battles
  • [SU] SU

View PostBrokenBastion, on Jan 19 2019 - 08:03, said:

While I am happy that we finally got an answer in this topic, what is taking so long to resolve this?

Does it have to be escalated to the CEO?

If it was indeed a mistake, just say so and repair it. No?

Because that would entail giving free things to people, and modern WG giving out free things is worse than forcing a vampire to eat an entire garlic braid. I've said this a bunch of times recently, but the current WG are beyond obnoxious with their community handling and seem to absolutely loathe giving out free pixels. Back in my day, they gave us 5k, 3k, and 1k gold prizes every week for doing goofy things in the All-Star/MVP events. Now they won't even give you the 250 Sheriff gold on a regular basis.

tiegermp #173 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 38011 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
Think a lot of people here have missed the point and I know WOT never got the point. It does not matter how much or what the circumstances are, no one likes being cheated or mislead. Anyone studying marketing will recognize this promotion as what not to do; bordering on being unethical. Worse was when called out, WOT ignored and handled it very badly. I wish I could say this was a one time event but it is more and more common. At some point in time I would hope that someone in authority at WOT would decide that WOT needs to act with ethical standards and if a mistake happens; because mistakes happen, react in a manner that is above and beyond - doing the right thing, making it right for all involved and be something they could be proud of.........but I think that maybe too much to ask.

SquishySupreme #174 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 00:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1469 battles
I have yet to find any Russian company that doesn't operate like this.  Their entire business culture (day to day life) is based off of mafia-type oligarchs, what amounts to bribes to get anything done, and basically ancient business practices ditched by most countries decades ago, so of course it also is considered "normal" to do things like this - technically not wrong, but just barely so.  Very stingy.  Very much old school read the fine print.

CCP is another company like this - I played Eve Online for years, but the way they treat their player base and manipulate the game is very similar.  Very much we are the boss, you pay us to play this game(currently still among the most expensive per month for a full account), we don't care about your whining.   Oh, and you can buy time/items/gold/etc for crazy expensive prices because you would feel like a fool now that you have years invested.  150M skillpoint 10 year old character, can fly all but 5 ships in the game, can fit and run any module, can run any tech or contract, can even run a major clan or corporation - sits idle, unplayed for the last 3 years - hardest addiction online I ever had to walk away from.

I'm 3 months into WoT and the old feeling is there again.  Not sure how much longer I will stay, to be honest.

Moves like this - it didn't go unnoticed.  Friday night, 9pm, maybe 7-8K people on the U.S. Central server.  Way down from December. 

WeSayNotToday #175 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 09:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20357 battles

View Posttiegermp, on Jan 19 2019 - 21:03, said:

Think a lot of people here have missed the point and I know WOT never got the point. It does not matter how much or what the circumstances are, no one likes being cheated or mislead. Anyone studying marketing will recognize this promotion as what not to do; bordering on being unethical. Worse was when called out, WOT ignored and handled it very badly. I wish I could say this was a one time event but it is more and more common. At some point in time I would hope that someone in authority at WOT would decide that WOT needs to act with ethical standards and if a mistake happens; because mistakes happen, react in a manner that is above and beyond - doing the right thing, making it right for all involved and be something they could be proud of.........but I think that maybe too much to ask.

Yes, this was a marketing/ recruiting disaster. 

New players about to invest time in W0T, and current players willing to recruit players, exactly the people WG should irritate. /sarcasm

boysenbeary #176 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 17:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21909 battles

Wargaming is really getting cheap on these sort of events and game changes.

I remember a Wargaming that used to give you a small sum of gold for changing your password

a Wargaming that gave everyone a T34 when the two lines where changed

a Wargaming that ran 3x, 4x, and 5x specials multiple times a month

vonWachtstain #177 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 00:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25983 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
It actually worked out for me really well.  I stopped playing, During the week I played maybe two battles and even x4 doesnt excite me at all.  So gratz WG you successfully drove away another player (my wife thanks you)

Edited by vonWachtstain, Jan 21 2019 - 00:54.

RAFOsprey #178 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 16:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4707 battles
  • [209RA] 209RA

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Jan 17 2019 - 14:26, said:

Hey Tankers,

We didn't forget this issue and your feedback has been noted and escalated.  Leaving out the type of boxes from the e-mail was an unintentional oversight, and an extra review step has been added to our promotion creation process to make sure that future projects use the appropriate terms when referring to in-game goods and that other existing offers are referenced before a new one is created.  In addition, at this time all new players who activated the code as an invite should have received a Churchill III, 7 days of premium, and 500 gold to bring their haul into line with what other invite codes offer.

Apologies for the slow turnaround and any confusion caused.

CM

OK CM...my recruit has yet to get the Churchill you mentioned above...I don't know when WG NA is back to work, but you guys need to fix this mess.

We have waited long enough.

So far your single post here is all we have seen from WG. The "recruiters" you emailed with this BS offer are awaiting more than a canned apology.

How about you other guys? Did your recruits get the Churchill?

NightmareMk9 #179 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 32405 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

The person I invited got the Church, gold and premium time.

It is slightly better than nothing, I guess.

Tyrant1000 #180 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 16:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 13141 battles
  • [R4K] R4K

View PostRAFOsprey, on Jan 21 2019 - 15:08, said:

OK CM...my recruit has yet to get the Churchill you mentioned above...I don't know when WG NA is back to work, but you guys need to fix this mess.

We have waited long enough.

So far your single post here is all we have seen from WG. The "recruiters" you emailed with this BS offer are awaiting more than a canned apology.

How about you other guys? Did your recruits get the Churchill?

My recruit has not recieved the items stated by CM. Both my recruit and I sent in service tickets. I recieved a response that they gifts would be there in 24 hours, which would have meant they should have showed up this passed Saturday. That did not happen. My recruit sent in a ticket and they said his gifts were already creditted to the account. They were refrencing the invoice for the small lootboxes. My recruit sent screenshots of his garage showing lack of the tank, premium time and gold, as well as the CM forum post. 

That was 10 hours ago, no response yet, probably since it's the holiday. But it is unfortunate that the coordination from WG is this chaotic and unresponsive. We appreciate the attempt at making the "lootboxgate code" more competitive with other promotional codes but it seems like they are really reluctant to make good on that promise. WG please follow through. We love your game and it's great but please follow through for your player base. 

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users