WarGaming's latest refer-a-friend program was MANIPULATIVE, and CHEATS recruits out of a fair st...

Cheating Manipulative Scummy Refer-A-Friend Recruit-A-Friend Holiday lootboxes Reddit CabbageMechanic Promotion Invite codes

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

McClover #41 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 6302 battles

Extremely disappointing marketing by WG.

Completely useless; no one would reasonably think that the reward would be a measly 5 small boxes, something that can take just one match to get.

Edited by McClover, Jan 11 2019 - 15:08.

Kliphie #42 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 32396 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

24cups #43 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 24366 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
While I agree that WG messed up (again) I don't get the outcry about the once only invite code.

Just start another account with another invite code.

vonWachtstain #44 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26573 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
Just received "FINE" small boxes.  Now how do I delete this account?

tiegermp #45 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 15:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 40464 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

I understand that the promotion department is the one that needs an ethical reboot, but this is how I feel................

Good morning CabbageMechanic

I just received my 5 "Loot Boxes" for inviting one of my friends to join War Gaming and World of Tanks. 5 Small boxes? Really? I wanted to take a second and thank War Gaming for nothing. What I really wanted to say was where you could stick those 5 boxes, but lesson learned. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. You will never get the oppertunity to screw me over again. I cannot tell you enough how much of a sour taste this manipulative and downright unethical promontion has left on myself and many other gamers that fell for your deception. My wallet is now closed and rather than promoting your game I will be doing the opposite. Talk about a cheap low class act..................so sad what your company has disntigrated down to.

WaywardChild #46 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 16:41

Captain

• Players
  • 37596 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

View PostDanadae, on Jan 11 2019 - 00:28, said:

Wrong. I had every premium tank that is in those boxes already, nearly 100k gold, and 45 million credits. What I really wanted was for my GF to have some gold starting out and the chance to win a decent premium tank at tier 5 or above. Not some crap small loot boxes.

How much fun would your GF have in a T8 Prem getting creamed very game? Your attitude set Her up for failure, not the game. Gift Her a T-127 and some Gold and let Her learn the game. 

_IronPig_ #47 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 112365 battles

View PostvonWachtstain, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:30, said:

Just received "FINE" small boxes.  Now how do I delete this account?

How to delete my Account 
  1. Go to the WoT website and log in to your account. ...
  2. Go to the Account Management section.
  3. Navigate to the Data Protection section.
  4. Click Delete Account.
  5. Enter your email address and click Continue.
  6. Confirm the operation:

vonWachtstain #48 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26573 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

View Post_IronPig_, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:02, said:

How to delete my Account 
  1. Go to the WoT website and log in to your account. ...
  2. Go to the Account Management section.
  3. Navigate to the Data Protection section.
  4. Click Delete Account.
  5. Enter your email address and click Continue.
  6. Confirm the operation:

Thank you.  

Anublister #49 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:08

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostDanadae, on Jan 11 2019 - 06:03, said:

I just explained what is happening here to my GF, who happens to be an accomplished gamer herself. Her exact words were:

"Wow, f**k that game then. Glad I quit before I even got invested in it."

...looks like I'll never get to platoon with my QT 3.14 gamer GF in tanks. Ya f**ked up Wargaming. Thanks a lot.  :(

Have her make another account. It's not like she invested any time in it. You people are getting way overworked about this.

It's a game. FFS look out your window, 800,000 gov workers not getting paid, environmental crisis, trade wars. What fantasy worlds you live in.

sp1ttfire #50 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35688 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO
I used the code for my daughter to start an account. She's been wanting to play tanks with me for a while and I thought 5 loot boxes would be a fun way to start out. Maybe she'd get something really good out of it, but if not she'd have at least 1250 gold. What do we get? 5 SMALL loot boxes?!! These are almost worth NOTHING, especially two days before the Christmas event is over. What a joke. I have enjoyed this game for almost 3 years. I was hopeful that they were finally starting to see some of the major problems that this game has and that this year they might actually make some good moves. Then they start off the year by BLATANTLY deceiving a whole bunch of existing and new players with this promotion. I have already submitted a complaint ticket and I hope everyone who has completed the requirements of the promotion have as well. I expect both of the accounts (mine and my daughter's) to get at least 5 large boxes (if not more as a gesture of apology for lying to us) or this may just be it for me. I've spent plenty of time and money on this game, but maybe it is time to quit.

sp1ttfire #51 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35688 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:08, said:

Have her make another account. It's not like she invested any time in it. You people are getting way overworked about this.

It's a game. FFS look out your window, 800,000 gov workers not getting paid, environmental crisis, trade wars. What fantasy worlds you live in.

By the way, I am one of those 800,000. Lots of free time to spend tanking, but instead I'm getting screwed by WG as well.

24cups #52 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 24366 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postsp1ttfire, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:17, said:

By the way, I am one of those 800,000. Lots of free time to spend tanking, but instead I'm getting screwed by WG as well.

How are you getting screwed  ? It's really your daughter that missed out.  

From the way this and other threads are going I think people are more pissed about not getting 5 big boxes for themselves than for their recruits. 

Nunya_000 #53 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
While I do agree with the OP 100% that the marketing was poorly thought out and executed to the point where players may feel pissed off, they did not promise LARGE loot boxes. That was an assumption on your part.  I also think it was too much of an expectation that the boxes would be the large type, when those boxes give out tier 8 tanks and a lot of gold/premium time.  It is also interesting that many of the same people we see on this forum quite often that tell us to never trust WG are the same ones that appear to be saying they trusted WG to provide large boxes and feel screwed over.

sp1ttfire #54 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35688 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View Post24cups, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:20, said:

How are you getting screwed  ? It's really your daughter that missed out.  

From the way this and other threads are going I think people are more pissed about not getting 5 big boxes for themselves than for their recruits. 

Is this a troll? Seriously, read the OP. Look at the email they sent and tell me it is not deceptive. I get that in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal, but there is no reason for us to just let it go. Again, speaking as someone who is not getting paid this week because our congress and our president are arguing over how to spend 0.1% of the federal budget. So again I ask, why would we just let it go? This is a serious question. Why would we just let them off the hook? We have every right to complain. 

Edited by sp1ttfire, Jan 11 2019 - 17:47.

SporkBoy #55 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 46910 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Too cheap to gift to friends and family gold, boxes, etc so dump on WG - that's what I read.

imjedi #56 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 25536 battles
  • [B_I_A] B_I_A

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:33, said:

While I do agree with the OP 100% that the marketing was poorly thought out and executed to the point where players may feel pissed off, they did not promise LARGE loot boxes.  I also think it was too much of an expectation that the boxes would be the large type, when those boxes give out tier 8 tanks and a lot of gold/premium time.  It is also interesting that many of the same people we see on this forum quite often that tell us to never trust WG are the same ones that appear to be saying they trusted WG to provide large boxes and feel screwed over.

While I understand the 'may contain a really good item' the actual value of a large box, as indicated by Wargaming many many times is only 250 gold. This is the guaranteed value of each box that 'might' have something else. Since you were getting 5, that put that value as 1250 gold. Considering other bonus codes for new accounts gave tanks(Churchill III), gold and even Premium time. Many of those gifts were of a value well above the 1250 gold of the large boxes. So given this value, its really not that out of line to have expected the large boxes given the base value being promised.

The bait and switch to small boxes for a bunch of new players to be given material they literally cannot even use to help them in the festive atmosphere when there are only a couple days remaining is plain sad and the crux of the feeling of being mislead. 

Had they received the large boxes, 5 tier 5 ornaments would likely have been enough to set them to level 5 festive, giving at least a happy surprise for those new players. The boxes could have contained a little more gold, or premium time, also making them closer to the normal codes. Sure, they MIGHT have gotten a tier 8, but really. What are the real odds they would have got one in 5 boxes when we saw community contributors open 100s and not get the new IS-3a? I guess my point is, it is sad that they bait and switched us here. Its unfortunate that I need to explain to my buddy that its just crappy and instead he can delete his account and use this other code to get a Churchill 3 and gold but he will have to redo all that basic training again.

Will have to see if my friend sticks it out or not now. As for me I could care less about the boxes on my account. at best they would have generated gold or premium time as I have all the tanks already anyways. There really wasn't anything I was going to get in them I didn't already own. It just sucks for my friend.

sp1ttfire #57 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35688 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostSporkBoy, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:52, said:

Too cheap to gift to friends and family gold, boxes, etc so dump on WG - that's what I read.

Your reading comprehension is not real good then.

Nunya_000 #58 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postimjedi, on Jan 11 2019 - 08:56, said:

While I understand the 'may contain a really good item' the actual value of a large box, as indicated by Wargaming many many times is only 250 gold. This is the guaranteed value of each box that 'might' have something else. Since you were getting 5, that put that value as 1250 gold. Considering other bonus codes for new accounts gave tanks(Churchill III), gold and even Premium time. Many of those gifts were of a value well above the 1250 gold of the large boxes. So given this value, its really not that out of line to have expected the large boxes given the base value being promised.

The bait and switch to small boxes for a bunch of new players to be given material they literally cannot even use to help them in the festive atmosphere when there are only a couple days remaining is plain sad and the crux of the feeling of being mislead. 

Had they received the large boxes, 5 tier 5 ornaments would likely have been enough to set them to level 5 festive, giving at least a happy surprise for those new players. The boxes could have contained a little more gold, or premium time, also making them closer to the normal codes. Sure, they MIGHT have gotten a tier 8, but really. What are the real odds they would have got one in 5 boxes when we saw community contributors open 100s and not get the new IS-3a? I guess my point is, it is sad that they bait and switched us here. Its unfortunate that I need to explain to my buddy that its just crappy and instead he can delete his account and use this other code to get a Churchill 3 and gold but he will have to redo all that basic training again.

Will have to see if my friend sticks it out or not now. As for me I could care less about the boxes on my account. at best they would have generated gold or premium time as I have all the tanks already anyways. There really wasn't anything I was going to get in them I didn't already own. It just sucks for my friend.

As I said, the marketing for this event really sucked.  WG should have been very clear from the start.  Unfortunately, they often are not.

However, it was not really a bait & switch.  They did not say they would be large boxes.  That is an assumption you made.  Yes, I can understand why a person would assume that, but it still was an assumption on your part.  I guess the old phrase "buyer beware" is fairly applicable here.

I would bet that if they had given out Large boxes, there would be just as many threads today complaining about giving new players the change to get a free tier 8 tank.  While getting the IS-3A was fairly difficult, it was not real difficult to get the Scorpion.  I got it twice with 5 boxes. 

_Tsavo_ #59 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45448 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 11 2019 - 12:01, said:

As I said, the marketing for this event really sucked.  WG should have been very clear from the start.  Unfortunately, they often are not.

However, it was not really a bait & switch.  They did not say they would be large boxes.  That is an assumption you made.  Yes, I can understand why a person would assume that, but it still was an assumption on your part.  I guess the old phrase "buyer beware" is fairly applicable here.

I ended up not going through with this and instead suggested a friend use the trobs code, as the email is vague and does incline one to think it'll be the lootboxes, which is basically in every other a game, a pay for thing.  The dinky little boxes are not loot boxes, at least in the sense of what a loot box has come to be known as.  So it's entirely reasonable to assume their wordage of 5 free lootboxes to mean the big boxes.  Which would actually be worth the effort.  5 free small boxes contain less than 50,000 credits of in game goods, or one decent battle in a tier 5 premium.  

As a reward, that's hardly even going to be noticed by a new account.  Some repair kits and maybe 10k credits per tiny box.  It was deceptive and prayed on the general conception of lootboxes being a premium, pay for item.  

Nunya_000 #60 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:11

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:09, said:

I ended up not going through with this and instead suggested a friend use the trobs code, as the email is vague and does incline one to think it'll be the lootboxes, which is basically in every other a game, a pay for thing.  The dinky little boxes are not loot boxes, at least in the sense of what a loot box has come to be known as.  So it's entirely reasonable to assume their wordage of 5 free lootboxes to mean the big boxes.  Which would actually be worth the effort.  5 free small boxes contain less than 50,000 credits of in game goods, or one decent battle in a tier 5 premium.  

As a reward, that's hardly even going to be noticed by a new account.  Some repair kits and maybe 10k credits per tiny box.  It was deceptive and prayed on the general conception of lootboxes being a premium, pay for item.  

That is what I did as well.  Had a friend that wanted to try this game.  I decided to start him with a different code that got him the Churchill instead of going with the boxes.  I noticed it did not specify and pretty much suspected they would be small boxes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users