Fake bushes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Anublister #1 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 16:58

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

Can you please tell me (and others) which bushes are fake bushes? I just hid behind a bush, spotted and enemy hvy tank, backed up to where the bush went solid, fired at the hvy tank, and was spotted. Is there some magic range to target I STILL have to be aware of for this mechanic to work? No wonder so many people quit this game.

Where's the magic here? This is the frustration BS that makes this game a chore to play day-in, day-out.

Ich_bin_Hass #2 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:04

Captain

• Players
  • 78956 battles

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:58, said:

Can you please tell me (and others) which bushes are fake bushes? I just hid behind a bush, spotted and enemy hvy tank, backed up to where the bush went solid, fired at the hvy tank, and was spotted. Is there some magic range to target I STILL have to be aware of for this mechanic to work? No wonder so many people quit this game.

Where's the magic here? This is the frustration BS that makes this game a chore to play day-in, day-out.

There is a mod. That removes all bushes and foliage. So in effect makes everything open. Don't know if it's legal or not. But it's out there. IMHO if WG's wants to cut down on all the cheating ? REMOVE the Res mods folder. But you'll see SCREAMING from every unicum in the game.

Desert_Fox_1969 #3 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35359 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:04, said:

There is a mod. That removes all bushes and foliage. So in effect makes everything open. Don't know if it's legal or not. But it's out there. IMHO if WG's wants to cut down on all the cheating ? REMOVE the Res mods folder. But you'll see SCREAMING from every unicum in the game.

That mod is illegal. 

There are some bushes that are not solid. Your track may show or any other pixel. The moment you fire your camo is gone and a good scout will spot you.

Try when possible to use the double bush tactic. 

Nunya_000 #4 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:09

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 07:58, said:

You have a camo factor on your tank (in addition to the camo factor from bushes blocking your vision areas) that is temporarily decreased once you fire.  The fact that you were spotted after firing is no indication that the bush was "fake".  All it is an indication of is that a red tanks spotting capabilities could not overcome your camo factor prior to you shooting, but it was able to overcome it after you fired.  If you are too close to the bush (15m I believe) the bush's camo factor is temporarily removed once you fire, as is your tank's camo factor.

ZoM_2014 #5 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15944 battles
  • [VRGIN] VRGIN

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:58, said:

Some bushes in this game are there but don't work. Like those between the houses on Fishermans bay. They are there but don't work. Circon has even confirmed they dont work.

Nunya_000 #6 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 11 2019 - 08:04, said:

1. The foliage removal mod does not change the camo factor that the bush provides.  All it does is remove the visuals of the bushes so that the player does not see them on their screen.  The camo factor the bush/foliage provides is still factored, even though the bush/foliage is not seen on your monitor.

2. Removing the res_mod folder will have no impact on the existence or abilities of cheat mods.  It is not what allows mods to work or exist.

Desert_Fox_1969 #7 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35359 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostZoM_2014, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:10, said:

Some bushes in this game are there but don't work. Like those between the houses on Fishermans bay. They are there but don't work. Circon has even confirmed they dont work.

WG should give these bushes red leaves or just remove them. 

KRZYBooP #8 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:27

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3882 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

All of them are "Fake" technically :P. I am kidding. 

Check out this video for some updated fun facts about camo. 

For more helpful videos click HERE.

ThugThuggiasTheThird #9 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13952 battles

View PostZoM_2014, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:10, said:

Those bushes are too close to one another especially with high view range tanks such as mediums and light tanks. If you're driving towards a TD in a bush would you want them to appear only as soon as you run into them? No. So the same logic applies to those bushes. Both sides are  within the range to be negated by high view range therefore they "don't work". 

As for other bushes that are "fake", bushes such as the south spawn on Cliffs right flank sniping position has bushes that taper at the bottom therefore if you're not positioned properly or knock over trees for additional cover you will be spotted. Also, if you are firing in a bush while it is transparent and you are within their view range you are doing it wrong. Unless you are spotting you do not need to be in the bush, back up til it is opaque then fire. If you want to see how well positioned you are in a bush in 3rd person look at your tank from the enemies perspective. You should be an outline with no visible portions of your tank model.

Dockmaster #10 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44303 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

I always double check my bush...get your mind out of the gutter...before settling down.

If you drive into the bush and your outline is white that is a cammo factor bush. If you do not see the bush as white against your tank it is a fake bush.

Anublister #11 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostDockmaster, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:30, said:

I always double check my bush...get your mind out of the gutter...before settling down.

If you drive into the bush and your outline is white that is a cammo factor bush. If you do not see the bush as white against your tank it is a fake bush.

Now this is the comment I was looking for. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Ich_bin_Hass #12 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:34

Captain

• Players
  • 78956 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:12, said:

1. The foliage removal mod does not change the camo factor that the bush provides.  All it does is remove the visuals of the bushes so that the player does not see them on their screen.  The camo factor the bush/foliage provides is still factored, even though the bush/foliage is not seen on your monitor.

2. Removing the res_mod folder will have no impact on the existence or abilities of cheat mods.  It is not what allows mods to work or exist.

"It is not what allows mods to work or exist."

Then tell me why when you're instructed to install mods. They tell you to place it in the Res Mods folder ? As i use to use ASLANS mod pack untill I really began to view it's use as CHEATING !! On top of that it is a open secret that spotting is SCREWED up. Otherwise how do I get spotted at spawn sometimes. Like on Wide park and other small maps. With buildings between my tank and the red team.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Jan 11 2019 - 17:38.

Dockmaster #13 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44303 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:33, said:

Now this is the comment I was looking for. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Nothing better than hitting the nail right on the head. This is what the forums are all about.

You're welcome!

Nunya_000 #14 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:42

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 11 2019 - 08:34, said:

"It is not what allows mods to work or exist."

Then tell me why when you're instructed to install mods. They tell you to place it in the Res Mods folder ? As i use to use ASLANS mod pack untill I really began to view it's use as CHEATING !!

Because the res_mod folder is there so that the actual game files downloaded on your computer do not need to be alter for the mod to work.

Before the idea of having a res_mod folder was thought of, people would alter the game files themselves (not this game).  This would often cause a complete re-install of the original game files after an update or if the person wanted to remove the mod.

The res_mod folder allows the coding within the mods to take precedence over the coding of the actual game files.  For instance, if you wanted a bright blue cross hair, you create a mod that changed the color of the cross hairs. When the game is booted, it will read the res_mod folder and the coding in the mod will have precedence over the color setting for the cross hairs within the actual game files.  If the res_mod folder did not exist, modders could still edit the actual game files to manually change the cross hair color.

As I mentioned the only purpose of the res_mod folder is so the actual game files are not exited.  When a new update is released....and the changes to the game "breaks" a mod, it is really easy to remove the mod by deleting what is in the res_mod folder.  If the game files are edited, a person would either need to re-install the whole game or at least restore the pre-edited original game file.

MiddleAgedNoob #15 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17630 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostThugThuggiasTheThird, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:29, said:

Those bushes are too close to one another especially with high view range tanks such as mediums and light tanks. If you're driving towards a TD in a bush would you want them to appear only as soon as you run into them? No. So the same logic applies to those bushes. Both sides are  within the range to be negated by high view range therefore they "don't work". 

As for other bushes that are "fake", bushes such as the south spawn on Cliffs right flank sniping position has bushes that taper at the bottom therefore if you're not positioned properly or knock over trees for additional cover you will be spotted. Also, if you are firing in a bush while it is transparent and you are within their view range you are doing it wrong. Unless you are spotting you do not need to be in the bush, back up til it is opaque then fire. If you want to see how well positioned you are in a bush in 3rd person look at your tank from the enemies perspective. You should be an outline with no visible portions of your tank model.

Not 100% sure but I think the Fisherman's Bay bushes have a small gap between them through which you can be spotted.  I have found that if you hug the western edge of the approach so that the western most bush is sufficient to cover you, you can get up there unspotted from tanks on the other side of the road.  You can back down the same way.  If there is a tank with the VR and an angle through that gap, you will be spotted, but those directly opposite you don't have the angle if you make the approach properly.

editted: had east and west backward.  

GLHF

Edited by MiddleAgedNoob, Jan 11 2019 - 17:44.

heavymetal1967 #16 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 71966 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Fake bushes?

Here's one - you've been warned.

https://en.wikipedia...Jones_(musician)#%22Royal_Orleans%22

Anublister #17 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:59

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:27, said:

All of them are "Fake" technically :P. I am kidding. 

Check out this video for some updated fun facts about camo. 

For more helpful videos click HERE.

The Video was actually good. An improvement. Still, common belief among tankers suggests you can back up to get a solid bush in front of you to maintain un-spottedness. Since this only appears to be the case at longer ranges a hint at ranges greater than 50 meters but less than 150 meters would be helpful. I like experimenting with different map positions to achieve an advantage, but having game mechanics break down because of false beliefs reduces my desire, forcing me to rely on old methods of using hard cover and well established soft cover.

No other enemy could have spotted me. It was the hvy in front trying to flank my t55a. I have some experience in spotting, thanks.   

Nunya_000 #18 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 11 2019 - 08:58, said:

Fake bushes?

Here's one - you've been warned.

It must be confusing in that household....trying to figure out what to get your father for Mother's Day.

Jambijon #19 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:13

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3678 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:58, said:

Do you happen to still have the replay?  

Pipinghot #20 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:58, said:

In order to really help you we need to see a replay. Upload the replay to one of the sites that stores them and then post a link here.

No one can truly answer your question without seeing a replay of your actual battle, there are so many ways to get spotted this kind of thing is usually the result of a misunderstanding. And if it truly happened as you describe then your peers here on the forum can help validate that a problem exits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users