Fake bushes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

YANKEE137 #21 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
You may have been spotted not by him but another enemy that you were unaware of.

Pipinghot #22 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:04, said:

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:58, said:

Can you please tell me (and others) which bushes are fake bushes? I just hid behind a bush, spotted and enemy hvy tank, backed up to where the bush went solid, fired at the hvy tank, and was spotted. Is there some magic range to target I STILL have to be aware of for this mechanic to work? No wonder so many people quit this game.

Where's the magic here? This is the frustration BS that makes this game a chore to play day-in, day-out.

There is a mod. That removes all bushes and foliage. So in effect makes everything open. Don't know if it's legal or not. But it's out there. IMHO if WG's wants to cut down on all the cheating ? REMOVE the Res mods folder. But you'll see SCREAMING from every unicum in the game.

#1 - that mod is super illegal, so don't use it.

#2 - that mod does not change the spotting rules for the game. It only "removes" them to make it easier for you to see through the grass & trees, but if the server decides that a tank is not spotted then that mod would not help you anyway. The server has to decide that a tank is spotted before you can see it, and that mod cannot let you spot anything unless the server tells you it's spotted, all it does is make things easier to see on your screen.

#3 - No. Removing mods completely is garbage. This is 2019, not 1999, mods are a standard feature of modern gaming, some are legal, some are not, but any argument to get rid of mods completely is doomed to fail.

Pipinghot #23 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jan 11 2019 - 11:34, said:

View PostNunya_000, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:12, said:

1. The foliage removal mod does not change the camo factor that the bush provides.  All it does is remove the visuals of the bushes so that the player does not see them on their screen.  The camo factor the bush/foliage provides is still factored, even though the bush/foliage is not seen on your monitor.

2. Removing the res_mod folder will have no impact on the existence or abilities of cheat mods.  It is not what allows mods to work or exist.

"It is not what allows mods to work or exist."

Then tell me why when you're instructed to install mods. They tell you to place it in the Res Mods folder ? As i use to use ASLANS mod pack untill I really began to view it's use as CHEATING !! On top of that it is a open secret that spotting is SCREWED up. Otherwise how do I get spotted at spawn sometimes. Like on Wide park and other small maps. With buildings between my tank and the red team.

You are failing to understand. Even if WoT no longer allowed mods, it would still be possible for cheaters to install things that give them the ability to cheat. Removing mods does not stop cheating, it only makes it harder to catch cheaters.

Every online game you've ever played, even the games without mods, had cheaters whether you realized it or not. Mods do not create cheaters, mods to not create cheating. Every game company has to work at stopping cheaters, and mods have nothing to do with that.

Anublister #24 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:43

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--
No. I don't have the replay. I'm not suggesting anyone is cheating and I'm not dissatisfied with the game overly on this subject. I have noticed certain bushes I assume are decent cover not functioning as such. My post was answered by Dockmaster to my satisfaction. I will not be posting further in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed their opinions. Have a nice day.:deer:

dunniteowl #25 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 30765 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:08, said:

That mod is illegal. 

There are some bushes that are not solid. Your track may show or any other pixel. The moment you fire your camo is gone and a good scout will spot you.

Try when possible to use the double bush tactic. 

In addition to this, some bushes depending on where YOU are, do not hide all of you.  For example, if you are behind a bush on the up side of a ridge or hill, your hull will be 'above' the level of the low lying bushes and while it appears to YOU that you are hidden, from a distance your opponent can spot your butt end higher up the line behind where the bush provides cover.  I have seen this happen to units I've spotted and have had it happen to me on occasion, which is how I figured out how I got spotted in those instances.  if you're backing away from a bush and going uphill doing so, you may be revealing your position without realizing it.  Be aware of your topography, it makes a difference.

While there is Fake News, there are no Fake Bushes.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jan 11 2019 - 18:47.

YANKEE137 #26 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 18:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 13886 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:43, said:

No. I don't have the replay. I'm not suggesting anyone is cheating and I'm not dissatisfied with the game overly on this subject. I have noticed certain bushes I assume are decent cover not functioning as such. My post was answered by Dockmaster to my satisfaction. I will not be posting further in this thread. Thanks to all who contributed their opinions. Have a nice day.:deer:

Let's just keep posting to teach him a lesson!

heavymetal1967 #27 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:52

Major

• Players
  • 71964 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 11 2019 - 12:49, said:

Let's just keep posting to teach him a lesson!

LOL.

Too late though, he's chilling.

nastykiller92 #28 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22369 battles

View PostAnublister, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:58, said:

Can you please tell me (and others) which bushes are fake bushes? I just hid behind a bush, spotted and enemy hvy tank, backed up to where the bush went solid, fired at the hvy tank, and was spotted. Is there some magic range to target I STILL have to be aware of for this mechanic to work? No wonder so many people quit this game.

Where's the magic here? This is the frustration BS that makes this game a chore to play day-in, day-out.

I have experienced this multiple times, overlord's E9-F0 is a perfect example of it. It seems the no camo assist when not even firing seems to be happening with the new bushes one old maps aka bushes that were never there before 1.0.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users