Icon_Charlie #61 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View Postgoldfinger_555, on Jan 11 2019 - 09:32, said:

Converting gold to credits = no

Converting cash to gold to credits = no no no

Can you actually purchase credits with gold?  I know you can convert credits to free credits with gold but to actually buy credits with gold?

If that was true I would throw in a few grand to update a few of my tankers, like all 100+ of them to the next skill level.

But they won't do this... It will affect their grinding economy. But considering them ignoring the unicorns seal clubbing the lower tiers, destroying their newer player base because they can and grind credits easier so they can buy gold and other things with impunity... WG better think of something fast.

Because I just saw the current data that I collected on their population...

It ain't pretty.

sparky_49 #62 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 16:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4956 battles
You can purchase credits with gold.  In the upper right of the garage screen, where it lists your available credits, it says "Exchange". Click on that and you can set the amount of gold you want to exchange for credits.

24cups #63 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 23301 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostIcon_Charlie, on Jan 14 2019 - 10:22, said:

Can you actually purchase credits with gold?  I know you can convert credits to free credits with gold but to actually buy credits with gold?

If that was true I would throw in a few grand to update a few of my tankers, like all 100+ of them to the next skill level.

But they won't do this... It will affect their grinding economy. But considering them ignoring the unicorns seal clubbing the lower tiers, destroying their newer player base because they can and grind credits easier so they can buy gold and other things with impunity... WG better think of something fast.

Because I just saw the current data that I collected on their population...

It ain't pretty.

Doubt you would spend anything on a game you haven't played in a year. 

dunniteowl #64 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 18:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25388 battles

No-one has been able to explain to me how Converting Money --> Gold --> Credits is a 'wise use' or 'getting the most' out of the Consumables sale.  All I got was hammered for not being high enough tier to understand the OPs 'wisdom.'

Thanks, though, OP for supporting my pecunious FTP Standard Account!

Maybe math is too hard to use in order to show me how?

OvO

FrontenacDuVandoo #65 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 18:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10921 battles

View Poststeelandpain, on Jan 13 2019 - 20:28, said:

They don't sell silver without gold, only in gold/silver combo package, so I am not sure what you're talking about. If you need silver, it's definitely cheaper to buy combo packages, than to just buy gold. For example, 25K gold is $100 (10M silver if you convert in game), so is 10M silver/10K gold combo, which is effectively 10K gold extra. Yes, larger packages are a better deal, if you can call buying anything from WOT a "deal".

You said it's cheaper to buy silver in the shop rather than converting ingame. I'm pointing out is that the silver in these packages is priced at the usual 400:1 ratio.

But I see your point that packages with silver usually have a reduction on them, so they're the better deal than a regular price package.

Peak_Bagger #66 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17539 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 14 2019 - 18:03, said:

No-one has been able to explain to me how Converting Money --> Gold --> Credits is a 'wise use' or 'getting the most' out of the Consumables sale.  All I got was hammered for not being high enough tier to understand the OPs 'wisdom.'

OvO

In fairness, Dunniteowl, nobody was hammering you. It's just that you were using your own situation as an example for KingofBadlands. But KingofBadlands loves playing Tier X so your advice doesn't really work. BillT very politely pointed this out. Most players lose money at Tier X. King knows this. He was just pointing out that he was getting great value by purchasing loot boxes to get gold (great value compared to normal gold purchase prices) then using the consumables sale to stock up so that the cost of his battles is lower. This does sav money for someone who plays the game the way he does.

It's not what I would do but it works for his situation and makes sense for someone who just loves playing Tier X. And I love it when anyone has such enthusiasm for the game!

KingOfBadlands #67 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 19:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18925 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 14 2019 - 12:03, said:

OvO

3500   Food 

6500   Large Medical kits

7200   Large Repair kits

5300   Small Medical kits

9500   Small Repair kits

388,000,000  Total value in silver  while only using 194,000,000 silver credits.

Plus nearly 400 hours of Personal Reserves and 14 months Premium Account.

All from using the Half Priced Gold received from those Large x75 packages.

If I am gonna use it anyways, Get the best value I can.I think it's a good deal,  You it may not be.

KingOfBadlands #68 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 19:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18925 battles

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Jan 14 2019 - 13:02, said:

In fairness, Dunniteowl, nobody was hammering you. It's just that you were using your own situation as an example for KingofBadlands. But KingofBadlands loves playing Tier X so your advice doesn't really work. BillT very politely pointed this out. Most players lose money at Tier X. King knows this. He was just pointing out that he was getting great value by purchasing loot boxes to get gold (great value compared to normal gold purchase prices) then using the consumables sale to stock up so that the cost of his battles is lower. This does sav money for someone who plays the game the way he does.

It's not what I would do but it works for his situation and makes sense for someone who just loves playing Tier X. And I love it when anyone has such enthusiasm for the game!

Thank You Brother, some people just can't get past certain obstacles. I do respect the way he plays his game, It's his to play how he wants and there is no wrong way.......

dunniteowl #69 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 01:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 25388 battles

I get it now.  It's ALL BASED on buying LOOT CRATES as it were and then converting THAT gold to silver.  That was not clear to me.

I do realize the value of the Large Crates during the holiday event, because along with Premium Time, Decorations, Silver and Gold, there were also:

Garage Slots

Tanks

Skins

and Crew.

I see how that would work out to a better deal.  It just didn't seem that apparent when you talked about converting Gold to Credits.  I understood it as Buying Gold, then converting to Credits and not as part of the stuff that came with the large crates.  

That was much more clear.  Thanks.

OvO

KingOfBadlands #70 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 17:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18925 battles

View Postsleeper_agent, on Jan 14 2019 - 08:07, said:

I cant bare to spend my bonds...lol. you have the right idea though. I hope you're on my teams when i see you on the battlefield..lol

It would be my Honor to, Friend Request sent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users