Jump to content


How to get the MOST consumables for your credits/money this weekend


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

SporkBoy #21 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 20:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39907 battles
  • 1,389
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
One can earn gold in game for $0.

KingOfBadlands #22 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 21:33

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

OK guys I was talking about Maximizing for the Most Consumables At The Best Value CURRENTLY available.  I'm not one that likes to grind a Premium for free credits all year long trying to save coins and there is a lot of players that like playing their favorite tank even though it cost a crap-ton more than what is made playing it. 

I was looking at it as saving players a lot of money but I guess you guys don't look at it that way.

 



BillT #23 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 21:47

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 27375 battles
  • 4,706
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 11 2019 - 14:46, said:

 

Gold:  Train/Retrain Crews, Buy Garage Slots, Premium Time, Premium Tanks (some can be had for gold) Convert Free XP.

 

Credits?  Not ever for gold, you can grind that shizzle out daily just by playing.  I just spent, as I said above around 28M credits (more like 27.5 or so).  I still have another 27 (pinky fingernail to corner of lip) MILLION credits.  Mwuah hah hah hah haaaah! Mwuah hah hah hah haaah!

 

I am a Free To Play Pubbie.  Have not spent a Penny to play in over four years now.

 

 

But with all respect, you also never play anything above Tier V.  So you've never had to drop millions of credits on Tier VIII+ tanks, you don't play at unprofitable tiers (9 and 10, for FTP people) and you probably haven't spent nearly as much on equipment like rammers and vents, either.   Badlands, OTOH, has 13 tier X tanks - about 80 million credits sunk there.  So he's probably ground more credits than you have.  He just spends a lot more on the high-tier content.

You also only play the US, German, Soviet, and British trees with any frequency,  so there are many branches I doubt you've spent the credits to research.

 

Mind you, Badland's record is really bizarre, too. 10,000 of his 18,000 games are in tier X, so he's probably losing a lot of credits there.  And it looks like he uses a ton of converted Free XP, especially on the Soviet line; he only played 20 games in the Obj 704 before buying an Obj 268, for instance.

 

I'm not trying to insult anyone here.  I'm just pointing out that the two of you have extremely different playstyles.  Badlands' style is cost-intensive and I reckon he must be spending a lot of cash  on the game so he can play Tier X constantly.  And that's great, if he can afford it!  He's paying to support the game, so good on him!   Owl plays very frugally by comparison.



KingOfBadlands #24 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:30

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

View PostBillT, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:47, said:

 

But with all respect, you also never play anything above Tier V.  So you've never had to drop millions of credits on Tier VIII+ tanks, you don't play at unprofitable tiers (9 and 10, for FTP people) and you probably haven't spent nearly as much on equipment like rammers and vents, either.   Badlands, OTOH, has 13 tier X tanks - about 80 million credits sunk there.  So he's probably ground more credits than you have.  He just spends a lot more on the high-tier content.

You also only play the US, German, Soviet, and British trees with any frequency,  so there are many branches I doubt you've spent the credits to research.

 

Mind you, Badland's record is really bizarre, too. 10,000 of his 18,000 games are in tier X, so he's probably losing a lot of credits there.  And it looks like he uses a ton of converted Free XP, especially on the Soviet line; he only played 20 games in the Obj 704 before buying an Obj 268, for instance.

 

I'm not trying to insult anyone here.  I'm just pointing out that the two of you have extremely different playstyles.  Badlands' style is cost-intensive and I reckon he must be spending a lot of cash  on the game so he can play Tier X constantly.  And that's great, if he can afford it!  He's paying to support the game, so good on him!   Owl plays very frugally by comparison.

 

This is true, I spent a lot converting xp to grind tanks to quicken the pace because I didn't like the grind and hated not being at the top of the food chain. I think I had my Big Dawg tier 9 T-30 2 or maybe 3 weeks after the game went live. Then WHAMMY! omg a tier 10 american TD! Converted to that tank also. To me it is very cost-intensive but the enjoyment I receive from the game is worth it.

My time is precious and I don't have a lot of it to squander. 

Thank You BillT for understanding where my position on this is.



G1N_T4NK #25 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42803 battles
  • 610
  • [CAVAL] CAVAL
  • Member since:
    05-31-2013
Lol I just play tier 8 premiums all the time with boosters.
Not gonna pay real money for consumables or equipment.

gmotoman #26 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:31

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 23021 battles
  • 854
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostG1N_T4NK, on Jan 12 2019 - 00:22, said:

Lol I just play tier 8 premiums all the time with boosters.
Not gonna pay real money for consumables or equipment.

 

what real money?  consumables and equipment can be bought with credits earned in F2P battle.  

fodder49s #27 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:53

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22407 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    05-18-2014
I've found that not giving WG any money for the past three years and spending 12 million on consumables to be fairly cost effective. 

FrozenKemp #28 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 49844 battles
  • 8,340
  • [AIMED] AIMED
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostKingOfBadlands, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:33, said:

OK guys I was talking about Maximizing for the Most Consumables At The Best Value CURRENTLY available.  I'm not one that likes to grind a Premium for free credits all year long trying to save coins and there is a lot of players that like playing their favorite tank even though it cost a crap-ton more than what is made playing it. 

 

Personally, I would recommend buying a premium account. If you play regularly it is a better investment than converting gold to silver.  .. even if you are buying stuff with the silver for half off, hm.  But you get 50% more xp too. 


Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 12 2019 - 01:07.


DrWho_ #29 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17080 battles
  • 1,615
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View Postgmotoman, on Jan 12 2019 - 00:31, said:

 

what real money?  consumables and equipment can be bought with credits earned in F2P battle.  

 

I think you need to read the first post again :)

KingOfBadlands #30 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 11 2019 - 19:05, said:

 

Personally, I would recommend buying a premium account. If you play regularly it is a better investment than converting gold to silver.  .. even if you are buying stuff with the silver for half off, hm.  But you get 50% more xp too. 

 

https://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa215/kingofbadlands/shot_034.jpg

I have a crap-load of premium time



gmotoman #31 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:05

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 23021 battles
  • 854
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostDrWho_, on Jan 12 2019 - 01:15, said:

 

I think you need to read the first post again :)

 

help me man I don't see it.   I am now super confused I never converted gold to silver.  I just silver I earned.  So when the person said I am jot spending real money for credits .....I don't either you get them free .

 



dunniteowl #32 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:32

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25097 battles
  • 5,699
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostKingOfBadlands, on Jan 11 2019 - 14:33, said:

OK guys I was talking about Maximizing for the Most Consumables At The Best Value CURRENTLY available.  I'm not one that likes to grind a Premium for free credits all year long trying to save coins and there is a lot of players that like playing their favorite tank even though it cost a crap-ton more than what is made playing it. 

I was looking at it as saving players a lot of money but I guess you guys don't look at it that way.

 

 

If you're converting Gold you paid money to get for credits, please enlighten me HOW in the HELL does that SAVE anyone Money?  I'm just asking here, because while I ground out all those credits, I was, oddly enough, NOT PAYING any Money and I was having fun.  So, how would converting Cash --> Gold --> Credits be a WISE way to SAVE Money?

 

Please explain how this is a way to do it that saves money.

 

 

OvO



dunniteowl #33 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25097 battles
  • 5,699
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostBillT, on Jan 11 2019 - 14:47, said:

 

But with all respect, you also never play anything above Tier V.  So you've never had to drop millions of credits on Tier VIII+ tanks, you don't play at unprofitable tiers (9 and 10, for FTP people) and you probably haven't spent nearly as much on equipment like rammers and vents, either.   Badlands, OTOH, has 13 tier X tanks - about 80 million credits sunk there.  So he's probably ground more credits than you have.  He just spends a lot more on the high-tier content.

You also only play the US, German, Soviet, and British trees with any frequency,  so there are many branches I doubt you've spent the credits to research.

 

Mind you, Badland's record is really bizarre, too. 10,000 of his 18,000 games are in tier X, so he's probably losing a lot of credits there.  And it looks like he uses a ton of converted Free XP, especially on the Soviet line; he only played 20 games in the Obj 704 before buying an Obj 268, for instance.

 

I'm not trying to insult anyone here.  I'm just pointing out that the two of you have extremely different playstyles.  Badlands' style is cost-intensive and I reckon he must be spending a lot of cash  on the game so he can play Tier X constantly.  And that's great, if he can afford it!  He's paying to support the game, so good on him!   Owl plays very frugally by comparison.

 

Not true, I have had a tier VI Jg Pz IV from very early on.  And with respect, what the hell does my tier level have to do with this thread?

 

And, also with respect, I encourage you to go find some older posts of mine that EXPLAIN WHY I haven't gone further up tier.  I'm tired of typing it.

OvO



KingOfBadlands #34 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:44

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 11 2019 - 20:32, said:

 

If you're converting Gold you paid money to get for credits, please enlighten me HOW in the HELL does that SAVE anyone Money?  I'm just asking here, because while I ground out all those credits, I was, oddly enough, NOT PAYING any Money and I was having fun.  So, how would converting Cash --> Gold --> Credits be a WISE way to SAVE Money?

 

Please explain how this is a way to do it that saves money.

 

 

OvO

Someone like you just wouldn't understand. I already posted how, with my game style.



Flarvin #35 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 52736 battles
  • 14,430
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostKingOfBadlands, on Jan 11 2019 - 20:44, said:

Someone like you just wouldn't understand. I already posted how, with my game style.

 

While I don’t convert gold to credits, I do understand your tip for those that do. 

 

If you got the money to do it, then I don’t understand why anyone else would care. 



Arcata #36 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:03

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5089 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 12 2019 - 02:33, said:

 

Not true, I have had a tier VI Jg Pz IV from very early on.  And with respect, what the hell does my tier level have to do with this thread?

 

And, also with respect, I encourage you to go find some older posts of mine that EXPLAIN WHY I haven't gone further up tier.  I'm tired of typing it.

OvO

 

I couldn't care less what tier you play, but he's correct that it does have a lot to do with this thread.  The higher tiers are both better, and worse in terms of credits.  The tier you primarily play in this game has a ton to do with how wealthy you will (or won't) be in it.

dunniteowl #37 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 03:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25097 battles
  • 5,699
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

So, tell me then, HOW does paying Money for Gold, then converting Gold to Credits make more sense at higher tiers, smart guys?

 

Seriously, what difference does that make?

 

OvO



KingOfBadlands #38 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18613 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 11 2019 - 21:53, said:

So, tell me then, HOW does paying Money for Gold, then converting Gold to Credits make more sense at higher tiers, smart guys?

 

Seriously, what difference does that make?

 

OvO

 

I like being at the top of the food chain. A player will never be out tiered at tier 10, a player can only be out maneuvered or out smarted.

Arcata #39 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:40

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5089 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 12 2019 - 03:53, said:

So, tell me then, HOW does paying Money for Gold, then converting Gold to Credits make more sense at higher tiers, smart guys?

 

Seriously, what difference does that make?

 

OvO

 

I can't tell if you're purposely being obtuse?  :unsure:  

BillT was making the point that playing at higher tiers you spend far more credits in the game than you do if you only play up to tier 5 or 6...  So more credits needed, means finding more ways to get/ buy/ farm those credits.  It really isn't rocket science.  And the higher tier you go, the less likely you are to break even per battle (by design)...so tier has everything to do with how many credits you'll need.    



BillT #40 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:18

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 27375 battles
  • 4,706
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 11 2019 - 20:33, said:

 

Not true, I have had a tier VI Jg Pz IV from very early on.  And with respect, what the hell does my tier level have to do with this thread?

 

And, also with respect, I encourage you to go find some older posts of mine that EXPLAIN WHY I haven't gone further up tier.  I'm tired of typing it.

OvO

 

Fair enough, I exaggerated slightly.  You do have some Tier 6 battles. Fully 7% of your total, in fact:

 

Like I said, Dunnite, I'm not trying to denigrate you.  I like you and I respect you a lot.  I don't care what tiers you play, or why.  GL, HF man!

 

My only point is that your advice doesn't work for Badlands, because low tier play isn't nearly as costly as high tier play.  As I said, Badlands sunk 80 million credits just for his tier 10 tanks, an expense you don't have, and he plays nearly all his battles in Tier 10 where most folks lose money.   If he wants to play the game like that, he's got to spend cash.  So from his perspective his original point was on the mark; he can save a lot  of money buying consumables on sale.  






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users