Incoming! Discounts on Consumables, Crew, and More!

KRZY discounts consumables Crew XP fever

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

jojofelix #21 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36562 battles
  • [3RGR] 3RGR

feel like its been forever since a consumables discount.....

and awhile since equipment too

i gotta ask though, with the weekend missions it seems as though tier9 is NEVER on the list. it never gets a reward, since theres a mission for 2-5, and 6 &7, then tier8, then tier 10. wheres tier9? every weekend i feel like if i play a 9 im wasting time otherwise spent getting free creds/xp/etc in ANY other tier. kinda a bummer WG. 

spedkey #22 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15583 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:15, said:

View Postpickpocket293, on Jan 11 2019 - 12:12, said:

Tech tree (non-premium) tank discount when?

Every month with On track missions, or with your holiday ops missions. 

That's... technically an answer... I guess.

Are there any planned events for discounts in all regular tanks purchasable for credits (or limited by a range of tiers)?

Mathrilord #23 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:22

Private

• Players
  • 18232 battles
  • [FDDQC] FDDQC
EU got the discount on tech tree vehicle why not us? https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/happy-holidays-discounts/ Even by doing two on track by month you will only cover 24/53 tier X tank in a year. (/54 with wheeled vehicle)

Edited by Mathrilord, Jan 12 2019 - 01:31.

__TOP__ #24 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51689 battles

TY, WG!

:)

VariaVespasa #25 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 73593 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View Postpickpocket293, on Jan 11 2019 - 19:12, said:

Didnt notice the discounts from your festive level, huh?  :P

VariaVespasa #26 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 73593 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
I do have a "complaint" however.
Normally equipment costs a certain amount.  Some bundles of equipment are offered that are slightly cheaper to buy than buying the items in that bundle individually. 5% cheaper or thereabouts. A modest savings, but definitely a savings.
This weekend we have an equipment sale, 50% off.  Always nice to see, and thank you.  The equipment bundles are also cheaper this weekend, by a large amount, but NOT by the 50% everything else is.  Therefor their prices were intentionally and manually adjusted- it wasnt just some piece of code doing its thing that WG was unaware of and didnt intend.  The problem is that for this weekend it is currently MORE expensive to buy an equipment bundle than to buy the items in it individually.  The bundles are essentially 5% more expensive.

Sooooo, I suggest that somebody attempted to change the bundle prices so they'd still be a little cheaper than buying stuff individually and brain-farted and set them at 55% OF normal price rather than the intended 55% OFF.  So maybe poke that man with a stick and tweak the bundle prices to their intended levels?

DraconX3 #27 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10386 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

This has been the best weekend event since the old X5 every win weekends.

Having just gotten my E75 [First tier 9 woo! I know I know...beta participant. Im a filthy casual ok >:|  ]

I was able to grab the turret and am half way to the 128mm gun in one 3 hour night of drunk tanking just now lol. [Already had the tracks from grinding the past couple days the old fashion way. Ugh x.x ]

Tomorrows a new day, and Ima totally take advantage of it.

Woohoo \o/   

pickpocket293 #28 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29971 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostVariaVespasa, on Jan 11 2019 - 19:12, said:

Didnt notice the discounts from your festive level, huh?  :P

NOT the same thing.

stevezaxx #29 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:36

Captain

• Players
  • 38897 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostFresco26, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:30, said:

so if you were holding out and decided to open the paid loot boxes in this event you will now earn less gold on repeated tier 5 tanks that paid gold equivalent if you already owned them and so fourth?

haven't looked at the event page yet, but I bet that the discount on premium tanks are only on the ones already available for gold in-game. which none of the loot box tier 5s are

Prosqtor #30 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 61226 battles
  • [ONION] ONION
Our long discountless nightmare is finally over.  Let the mass purchase of consumables and equipment commence!

HDB2000 #31 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 17:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35261 battles

View PostCatapult, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:24, said:

Lol, you've got less than 1,500 battles, you barely play the game much less "grind". This event is for end game players who are usually focused on the "grind" of crew skills. These are people who have usually played well over 15k-20k battles and have invested far more into the game than people with so little time on their account. Not all events are for all players. It's been like that for a long time. There will be more events in the future where as there was time when there were NO weekend events. Life will continue.

If this is the rationale for granting big chunks of XP to premium tanks, it would be a whole lot clearer if the reward were shown as crew XP.  Or is there some other angle I'm missing?  I think this is the 2nd time this event has been held recently, and if the general concept is that premium tanks don't have a grind, having an XP reward for premiums is just confusing.

With that said, if an XP mission reward does go into the crew XP calculation (I've learned not to assume things like that), I might actually look to complete these now.

Also, the "know your class" missions have been a relatively new promo that are great for accelerating a grind, even if they are a lot easier to complete when you are farther along in it (past stock configuration).

TL;DR: On Track + Know Your Class + XP Fever together are more paths to quick XP than I've ever seen in the game (great); explaining purpose of XP Fever for premiums in promo would help.

TLWiz #32 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 20:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 21039 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

View Postpickpocket293, on Jan 11 2019 - 19:12, said:

Now, Holiday Ops.  Big discounts.

Edited by TLWiz, Jan 12 2019 - 20:13.

pickpocket293 #33 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 21:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29971 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostTLWiz, on Jan 12 2019 - 13:12, said:

Now, Holiday Ops.  Big discounts.

Reading is hard, apparently.

Holiday ops discounts are NOT the same thing as a full tech tree tank discount. I have 8 tier 10 tanks to buy. Holiday ops doesn't help with that too much.

Diacom #34 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 04:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30982 battles
  • [MKGGT] MKGGT

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 11 2019 - 10:54, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies!

This is the third time I have put together this forum post which were eaten by our forums, and I forgot what the other two said out of rage. I assure you they were witty and thought provoking. The post was going to make you question life, the universe, and everything.

Starting now (11Jan) until 14Jan there are some crazy amounts of discounts happening in our game.

Don't believe me?

Click HERE

Here is a gif that was cleverly put in explaining what to do in an exuberent fashion.

In addition to the discounts, XP is up for grabs to help with getting players up to tier X.

This is where I call out to the T57Heavy that I am currently grinding for making it tremble in it's boots out of fear.

Then I ask the audience what Tier X tank they are grinding for cause I am pretty sure I am making a mistake by going for the T57Heavy. However, I can't resist the concept of a Heavy Tank that has an Autoloader.

Now I am going to click this post button and watch this post get eaten again by our forums which will end in knocking down all of my desk mates books and tchotchkes. (Sorry Domo this is happening.)

Once again we get hosed on crew training/retraining.  Where's the sale for credits?

Looks like another crew drought this year.  The garage is starting to pile up with tanks needing crews retrained but w/o a credit sale, it's not happening.

It's not like this has been the first time we've asked about this w/o an answer either Krzy.

Buttknuckle #35 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 05:18

Major

• Players
  • 48223 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostVariaVespasa, on Jan 12 2019 - 01:22, said:

I do have a "complaint" however.
Normally equipment costs a certain amount.  Some bundles of equipment are offered that are slightly cheaper to buy than buying the items in that bundle individually. 5% cheaper or thereabouts. A modest savings, but definitely a savings.
This weekend we have an equipment sale, 50% off.  Always nice to see, and thank you.  The equipment bundles are also cheaper this weekend, by a large amount, but NOT by the 50% everything else is.  Therefor their prices were intentionally and manually adjusted- it wasnt just some piece of code doing its thing that WG was unaware of and didnt intend.  The problem is that for this weekend it is currently MORE expensive to buy an equipment bundle than to buy the items in it individually.  The bundles are essentially 5% more expensive.

Sooooo, I suggest that somebody attempted to change the bundle prices so they'd still be a little cheaper than buying stuff individually and brain-farted and set them at 55% OF normal price rather than the intended 55% OFF.  So maybe poke that man with a stick and tweak the bundle prices to their intended levels?

There is a good reason they did this. If they sold the bundles at the rates you're suggesting people could buy them and then turn around and sell the equipment for more than they paid for it once the sale is over.

VariaVespasa #36 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 08:08

Major

• Players
  • 73593 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View PostButtknuckle, on Jan 13 2019 - 05:18, said:

There is a good reason they did this. If they sold the bundles at the rates you're suggesting people could buy them and then turn around and sell the equipment for more than they paid for it once the sale is over.

Not really.  Yes, I suppose it prevents profit-making like that (at the cost of tying up all those creds for the weekend which you then cant use to stock up on consumables and gear you need) and is sorta valid on its face, but I would suggest that that being the case they shouldnt have lowered the price at all then.  Lowering it gives the incautious the chance to make the mistake of buying the stuff at a higher price than they should have.  So better to either not change the price at all, or just flat-out remove them till the 50% sale is over.  Or, if possible code-wise, limit purchases at the below-resale value price to one bundle per new tank purchased during the sale.  (Could still resell for profit, but to a much more limited degree)

Also tagged with KRZY, discounts, consumables, Crew, XP fever

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users