• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

shrineking1 #1 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 23:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 16058 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

Hello,

Pretty simple here. Just get rid of it entirely. If not that make it where you can only do it if an enemy is within 50 to 100 Meters of you. The game is overly populated with players committing suicide on purpose and it is ruining match potential for players. Either on enemy or friendly side. 

Wargaming please do something!

dnaman #2 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 30645 battles

Yes, remove drowning so I can sneak around the flank at the bottom of the river. That would be great, thanks!

seriously, think about the negative consequences of what you’re asking.  Just report the self drowners as unsportsmanlike and move on.  So much more important things to fix than that.

the_dude_76 #3 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 32816 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:58, said:

Hello,

Pretty simple here. Just get rid of it entirely. If not that make it where you can only do it if an enemy is within 50 to 100 Meters of you. The game is overly populated with players committing suicide on purpose and it is ruining match potential for players. Either on enemy or friendly side. 

The unfortunate reality is that these players would just find another way. It's not that hard to flip your tank or fire an HE round into the wall that you're parked up against.

View Postdnaman, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:05, said:

Yes, remove drowning so I can sneak around the flank at the bottom of the river. That would be great, thanks!

seriously, think about the negative consequences of what you’re asking.  Just report the self drowners as unsportsmanlike and move on.  So much more important things to fix than that.

All you have to do is make all the water shallow enough that no one could drown in it. There'd be no sneaking around because you'd be right there out in the open.

Omega_Weapon #4 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 49625 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Removing drowning would be another step away from realism to arcade fantasy. No thank you. If people chose to drown, let them. Just laugh at their pathetic display and move on.

dnaman #5 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:32

Captain

• Players
  • 30645 battles
If they make all the water shallow, how will I sail my TOG II???  :hiding:

TsarCidron #6 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 6803 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 14:58, said:

Hello,

Umm, no.  Its getting you into that next match faster.  More experience there.   Fifteen tanks to shoot at instead of hoping to get lucky vs that last remaining one.  Lucky in that there are more than a few gunning for it. Who says it will be you that gets it.    

Bottom line, match over faster, new match entered faster, more experience gained in a given amount of time.  Let them suicide.Gets me to those next 15 tanks faster!

TheOrangeGuy #7 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19267 battles

I really don't see anyone drowning themselves on purpose but the artilleries at end of the battle. 

Rather than remove drowning, i say penalize the arty player for intentionally drowning his vehicle for say 150K credits, that would be distributed to enemy team players.  

TsarCidron #8 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:52

Major

• Players
  • 6803 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

View PostTheOrangeGuy, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:33, said:

I really don't see anyone drowning themselves on purpose but the artilleries at end of the battle. 

Rather than remove drowning, i say penalize the arty player for intentionally drowning his vehicle for say 150K credits, that would be distributed to enemy team players.  

he already is getting penalized..    tank replace costs, dead crew (and the experience they 'get' )..   yeah.  They are not escaping penalty when they suicide.

the_dude_76 #9 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 32816 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 11 2019 - 17:33, said:

Umm, no.  Its getting you into that next match faster.  More experience there.   Fifteen tanks to shoot at instead of hoping to get lucky vs that last remaining one.  Lucky in that there are more than a few gunning for it. Who says it will be you that gets it.    

Bottom line, match over faster, new match entered faster, more experience gained in a given amount of time.  Let them suicide.Gets me to those next 15 tanks faster!

And when your teammates do it at the start of a battle??? I guess technically that gets you to the next battle faster also...

Block Quote

he already is getting penalized..    tank replace costs, dead crew (and the experience they 'get' )..   yeah.  They are not escaping penalty when they suicide. 

They lose 10% crew exp, that's the extent of the "penalty"

Edited by the_dude_76, Jan 12 2019 - 01:13.

TsarCidron #10 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 01:16

Major

• Players
  • 6803 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:59, said:

And when your teammates do it at the start of a battle??? I guess technically that gets you to the next battle faster also...

Technically yes.  It will.    Also, you know as well as I do, that your teammate tk'ing at the start is more 'rare' than 'common'

dunniteowl #11 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 25097 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 16:58, said:

Hello,

You can't be seeing it that much.  I have played a lot of matches and yes, while some folks drown themselves, others park against a hillside or building and fire HE rounds, others still yet just cliff dive to their ends.  You want to prevent all that, too?  In all the games I have played in WoT, while irritating, it isn't that many compared to the vast number of folks that play the game in the spirit in which it is intended.

This is a Non-Issue in terms of numbers.  Deal with it without getting triggered.  Don't let it bother you.  If you see an intentional drowning, do like DNA man suggests and report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  It's what I do when I catch it and can tell it wasn't an accident.

OvO

the_dude_76 #12 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 04:41

Major

• Players
  • 32816 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 11 2019 - 18:16, said:

Also, you know as well as I do, that your teammate tk'ing at the start is more 'rare' than 'common'

And?? Were you going to add more?? Because I don't see why it matters how common it is if there is no downside to stopping it.

AZandEL #13 Posted Jan 12 2019 - 05:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28394 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 22:58, said:

Hello,

Make buffs last a certain number of battles rather a certain amount of time and that would solve most of the problem.

Ich_bin_Hass #14 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:39

Captain

• Players
  • 78760 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
Again long ago if people thought they were going to get nailed ! They would just ran to the garage, to cheat you out of a kill. I had that happen so many times. IMHO what are you people going find to CRY about next ?

latvius #15 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 14:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29018 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
World of Submarines

shrineking1 #16 Posted Yesterday, 05:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16058 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 11 2019 - 23:33, said:

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 11 2019 - 23:33, said:

Understand your point but the truth is this sounds like your experience is it commonly is only one person. I have watched 3 to 5 players do this on either side in multiple matches. You mention get into this faster generating more experience, but this simply is not true. In most events its seconds for the player to be killed more like precisely 10 seconds and the difference to lets say a 2000 hp target if I were bottom tier and managed even one hit of 400 dmg that is roughly another 50 to 100 xp on the match depending. As this has been been an issue that my team mates do it on a match that we would of won... this is a loss of 300 base experience. Average match even with this lame crap is running about 5 min to 7 min and it simply just not made up while i spend 30 to 60 seconds in queue to get to this next "15 tanks".  Also at best the typical match you will see about 6 tanks for opportunities to shoot just based on map layouts. Again depending on tanks, such as slow ones, if 6 were on your side and 2 committed suicide then your chances of dmg is decreased and overall performance is impacted. This is just for that experience grind as you say is faster but in fact it slows it down. If of course it was only one person, lets say every other match, and always on your opponents side this would not be significant and I wouldn't of wasted time posting on it.

In either case working on these options and how players are conducting there play is essential to the user experience and should not be hard to apply workarounds. Will people continue attempting to find other ways sure but at the time if its not as easy it helps deter. 

shrineking1 #17 Posted Yesterday, 05:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16058 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 12 2019 - 03:08, said:

You can't be seeing it that much.  I have played a lot of matches and yes, while some folks drown themselves, others park against a hillside or building and fire HE rounds, others still yet just cliff dive to their ends.  You want to prevent all that, too?  In all the games I have played in WoT, while irritating, it isn't that many compared to the vast number of folks that play the game in the spirit in which it is intended.

This is a Non-Issue in terms of numbers.  Deal with it without getting triggered.  Don't let it bother you.  If you see an intentional drowning, do like DNA man suggests and report them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  It's what I do when I catch it and can tell it wasn't an accident.

OvO

I have reported every single one and have never heard or seen an impact. Even seen the same people do it in multiple matches. While i dont have a great way to track I can tell you that of my recent game play over the week with about 200 matches I saw it occur over 70% of them. So these numbers you speak of seem to be different for you. May I ask what server do you play on, Time of day of play, are you platooned?, and common tier?

owlgator #18 Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14948 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:07, said:

I have watched 3 to 5 players do this on either side in multiple matches.

Yikes - that is both impressive and sad at the same time.  Do you happen to have a replay of it?  This could just be something you're fixated on at the moment (for me it's my low roll kill shots... honestly been in the 15-20% below average dmg for the last 1/2 dozen or so).  Having 3-5 on either side multiple times really has to be either a coordinated effort or some new WG-enhanced map tilt.

Thats_Frosty #19 Posted Yesterday, 05:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20171 battles
  • [AO] AO
I didn't know this was world of submarines

dunniteowl #20 Posted Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Major

• -Players-
  • 25097 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:11, said:

I have reported every single one and have never heard or seen an impact. Even seen the same people do it in multiple matches. While i dont have a great way to track I can tell you that of my recent game play over the week with about 200 matches I saw it occur over 70% of them. So these numbers you speak of seem to be different for you. May I ask what server do you play on, Time of day of play, are you platooned?, and common tier?

I'm a FTPP and I don't platoon, nor do I play in a Clan.  I play at all hours of the day, depending on when the mood strikes me or when I have time to do so.

I'm also going to have to say, "Replays, man.  I just cannot believe your claims."  You're going to have to prove that this happens to you on this level.  I think I have seen ONE TIME in all the matches I've played where more than one or two folks drowned themselves at the start of a match.  In all my matches, I can say I think I have seen maybe a dozen or so folks drown themselves at the start.

Then again, I pay more attention to what I'm doing and not what my team mates are doing at the start of match.  Even so, I notice when a unit 'dies' before we make contact with Red Team, so...  Yeah, I'm going to want to see some replays that verify your claims.  Otherwise, this is you being triggered over something you see and are making up percentages as Confirmation Bias sets in.

I'm not doubting that you see drowners.  I AM doubting it is to the extent you claim.  Show me.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users