• -Players-
  • 11553 battles
Just let my UDES and STRV 103s be amphibious

Anublister #42 Posted May 21 2019 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--
So ruining your match potential is the problem? Sounds personal. Perhaps if the teams were balanced more tankers would participate. Punishing them more will only push them out of playing at all, and I don't think making the player base disappear is in anyone's interest who likes this game.

Anublister #43 Posted May 21 2019 - 20:31

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostCrypticshock, on Mar 02 2019 - 00:51, said:

Match making isn't the core issue.

A person using a third party mod that incorrectly assumes the percentage of winning.

Then people read those numbers, not understanding statistics and just give up before the game begins.

It's either the person or the bad mod that needs to change; if not both.

If you allow things to change outside of the core issues at hand; those players will still find a reason to give up early in the game.

It is the core issue. Skill defined by statistics is plain science. Just because you don't believe it doesn't nullify the stats. A high stat player is more likely to equip his tank appropriately, train his crew appropriately, and have better knowledge of the map and enemy tanks, and therefore have a better chance at improving his teams chances of winning.

If I walk on a court with my team of 5th graders and a high school team shows up to play us, everyone can tell right away that it isn't going to go well. What you advocate is this. The mod's that predict an overwhelming loss or victory use statistics to predict. I don't use them, but the underlying premise is sound. No one wants to play on a losing team. 

A neutral observer (or a SPG player with time to scan the map deployment) can quickly determine how a battle will develop.

Matchmaking does not take into account balancing teams according to skill/stat level of participants, leading to mismatches in skill and the almost inevitable win by the higher skilled team.

You might enjoy the challenge of being an underdog. I don't look forward to it and will not be forced to participate if I don't think my team has any chance. Since this is a game of voluntary participation, punishing players more than what already occurs isn't going to force their behavior to change. Just accept that it happens, or rage away. You can't reach through the computer screen to force people to correct their behavior. If you insist on that level of control you shouldn't be playing a mp game.

Gunadie_1 #44 Posted May 22 2019 - 01:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 70 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 23:58, said:

Hello,

Pretty simple here. Just get rid of it entirely. If not that make it where you can only do it if an enemy is within 50 to 100 Meters of you. The game is overly populated with players committing suicide on purpose and it is ruining match potential for players. Either on enemy or friendly side. 

Wargaming please do something!

Why are you whining about something that is so unimportant

>Move along, nothing to read here!

grandthefttankV #45 Posted May 23 2019 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 35453 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
You cannot be serious

low_bidder #46 Posted May 23 2019 - 20:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23345 battles

I am definitely not in favor of removing drowning unless WOT adds SELF_DESTRUCT.  If you know Roman history a bit, some conquered societies used suicide to take away the kill gratification from the enemy, rapes and enslavement. This is exactly what drowning does.  Is drowning any different then destroying your tank by any other in game means?

When your TEAM (operative word being TEAM) is down by 4+ then it's a 99.9% probably that your team is going to lose. Why waste server time, WOT employee time, network resources and more importantly your time? Therefore it's time to move on to the next battle.

Self_Destruct when your team is down by 4+ might be good option to avoid wasting time and resources.

Yes I have also seen drowning almost immediately after the battle starts.  Perhaps the player doesn't like the map, becomes sick or has to immediately leave the game for whatever reason (the in-laws just arrived).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users