• [ZEUS] ZEUS
Yes Make all tanks amphibious

DUKE_AUTY #22 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 21:13

Captain

• Players
  • 39473 battles

View PostThats_Frosty, on Jan 15 2019 - 08:24, said:

I didn't know this was world of submarines

I once took some flack for being a U-Boat captain.

How was I supposed to know that my light tank wouldn't float?

Sometimes physics is not your friend.

shrineking1 #23 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 17769 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 15 2019 - 19:35, said:

I'm a FTPP and I don't platoon, nor do I play in a Clan.  I play at all hours of the day, depending on when the mood strikes me or when I have time to do so.

I'm also going to have to say, "Replays, man.  I just cannot believe your claims."  You're going to have to prove that this happens to you on this level.  I think I have seen ONE TIME in all the matches I've played where more than one or two folks drowned themselves at the start of a match.  In all my matches, I can say I think I have seen maybe a dozen or so folks drown themselves at the start.

Then again, I pay more attention to what I'm doing and not what my team mates are doing at the start of match.  Even so, I notice when a unit 'dies' before we make contact with Red Team, so...  Yeah, I'm going to want to see some replays that verify your claims.  Otherwise, this is you being triggered over something you see and are making up percentages as Confirmation Bias sets in.

I'm not doubting that you see drowners.  I AM doubting it is to the extent you claim.  Show me.

OvO

Sure thing fellas i of course have replays... but honestly guys... i save my stuff using Nvidia Experience. How do you plan for me to get these to you? I am not biased by any means nor do I care to become so because if that was the case I would quit the game just out of the sense that it will always suck then.... 

Also if I do come up with the replays are you really going to watch it and then say maybe there is a problem? Honestly? 

By the way if you ask me to convert numerous videos onto youtube just for this posting.... I am sorry but its not worth that level of effort.

SteelRonin #24 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 18:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23489 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
No. I wish I have a deep small lake near everybase, so I can suicide when there is nothing possible to do in the game or when my team is a bunch of muppets..

Crypticshock #25 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 21:48

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19353 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

I have an idea.

It is strange.

Maybe coming from left field...

If players are ruining the game by drowning on purpose... remove the... players.

There are players that will drive up to a building - fire HE shells and kill themselves. Do we remove the buildings? Remove HE shells?

SMhobo #26 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 22:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 32056 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 11 2019 - 15:33, said:

Umm, no.  Its getting you into that next match faster.  More experience there.   Fifteen tanks to shoot at instead of hoping to get lucky vs that last remaining one.  Lucky in that there are more than a few gunning for it. Who says it will be you that gets it.    

Bottom line, match over faster, new match entered faster, more experience gained in a given amount of time.  Let them suicide.Gets me to those next 15 tanks faster!

what if some one is trying to get an kill arty mission done or do damage to tank destroyers mission and the arty or the TD drowns them self eliminating the potential for the mission to be completed. killing your self is the ultimate [edited]move and should result in hour long bans or some form of severe credit and XP punishment.

____ABADDON____ #27 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 00:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41672 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View Postshrineking1, on Jan 11 2019 - 23:58, said:

Hello,

Pretty simple here. Just get rid of it entirely. If not that make it where you can only do it if an enemy is within 50 to 100 Meters of you. The game is overly populated with players committing suicide on purpose and it is ruining match potential for players. Either on enemy or friendly side. 

Wargaming please do something!

Yes, and overturning too pls!

But NOT :) because it is a clean fun you know so

especially overturned MAUS 

Wargaming! remove WoT pls!

Edited by ____ABADDON____, Mar 02 2019 - 00:14.

Hellsfog #28 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostSMhobo, on Mar 01 2019 - 16:54, said:

what if some one is trying to get an kill arty mission done or do damage to tank destroyers mission and the arty or the TD drowns them self eliminating the potential for the mission to be completed. killing your self is the ultimate [edited]move and should result in hour long bans or some form of severe credit and XP punishment.

This is the primary reason I would like to see it punished, although I don't see how WG could distinguish between a legitimate accident and [edited]ery. 

____ABADDON____ #29 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 00:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41672 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View PostHellsfog, on Mar 02 2019 - 00:19, said:

This is the primary reason I would like to see it punished, although I don't see how WG could distinguish between a legitimate accident and [edited]ery. 

and friendly fire too there is same problem

but you know that experienced players will find how to hack this

for example if you unable to kill yourself (cause of ban) you can make damage to your teammate and then he will kill you after second time for sure

Edited by ____ABADDON____, Mar 02 2019 - 00:35.

SerbianHitman #30 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 00:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 29198 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
The simple reason why some people YOLO is because the teams are SO UNBALANCED and they see on their XVM they have like say a 25% of a win....So they decide to YOLO so they can go get into another battle so they don't waste time being slaughtered couple minutes later or even an extra minute later, knowing the end result will be a loss!!!!! Believe me I hate those players that YOLO, pisses me off, but that's not going away, unless they fix MATCHMAKING!!!!!!! THOUSANDS of threads about them fixing MATCHMAKING over the past 7 or more years and it's funny they have done NOTHING AT ALL!!!! Guess they just might not care about their PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!

Crypticshock #31 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 01:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19353 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

View PostHooked_On_Painkillers, on Mar 01 2019 - 16:26, said:

The simple reason why some people YOLO is because the teams are SO UNBALANCED and they see on their XVM they have like say a 25% of a win....So they decide to YOLO so they can go get into another battle so they don't waste time being slaughtered couple minutes later or even an extra minute later, knowing the end result will be a loss!!!!! Believe me I hate those players that YOLO, pisses me off, but that's not going away, unless they fix MATCHMAKING!!!!!!! THOUSANDS of threads about them fixing MATCHMAKING over the past 7 or more years and it's funny they have done NOTHING AT ALL!!!! Guess they just might not care about their PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!

Match making isn't the core issue.

A person using a third party mod that incorrectly assumes the percentage of winning.

Then people read those numbers, not understanding statistics and just give up before the game begins.

It's either the person or the bad mod that needs to change; if not both.

If you allow things to change outside of the core issues at hand; those players will still find a reason to give up early in the game.

skytale #32 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 04:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14396 battles

I am in favor of a “stuck in amber” idea. It works like this. When a tank drowns, it does not die but is frozen in place. Still vulnerable to enemy fire but unable to move or shoot. The tank would die at the end of the game with the exsisting penalties. The upsides would be-

1) A player trying to ditch the game at the beginning will find itself unable to leave the game without deserting.

2) The “drowned” tank can still be farmed for experience and mission completions.

The downside would be-

1) Accidentally drowning would suck.

Hellsfog #33 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles

View PostHooked_On_Painkillers, on Mar 01 2019 - 18:26, said:

YOu may PRObably don't realize THAT those POST are rarely MADE  By even averAGE plaYers.  WG should not TAKE advice from cirCUS monkey no MATTER how much they spend. My gosh randomly capitalizing words is fun. 

Goat_Rodeo #34 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 15:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

I see far more unintentional drownings than intentional. I’ve succumbed to drowning way too often on WGs stupid Teflon soap rocks. The odd time I see arty go snorkeling at the end of a game as opposed to awaiting the free bum luvin’ that’s inbound. Way more important things they need to work out tbh. 

dunniteowl #35 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 15:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

Slid off the edge into the water last night in my Grille (T5 DE SPG) on Mannerheim Line.  That water is freaking DEEP!  I managed to slide along the edge (watching me go 'under' and seeing the 10 second clock like six times) to a spot where I could extricate.  Good thing, too.  We won by capping and it took all three of the last of us to do it with that damn scary T67 with four kills left on the Red Team Running around.

I wanted to hunt the T67, as he only had 58 HP left, but winning is more important than getting the last kill.  And yes, on many other situations, even in a slow and ungainly SPG, I would HUNT a T67 as opposed to trying to cap out and wait for it to show up to get me in a 'known' spot.

@ OP:

Turn on Replays for All Battles.  

IN the Game Client, go to Settings.  The initial General Settings page that comes up... scroll to the bottom and on the left hand side there is a set of boxes for Replays.  The selectable Box is all you need concern yourself.  Select mode ALL. (choices are: None, Last, All).

Now your replays will be saved in your Games/World of Tanks/Replays folder.  Take those replays of those incidents and INSTEAD OF CONVERTING THEM TO YT Videos, just load them up at  http://wotreplays.eu/ and then link them here.

I'd really love to see "proof" that you are seeing the level of drowning you claim.  I literally do not believe it is as bad as you claimed.  If you do prove it, that you did see this much drowning, all I can really admit is that you are one unlucky SoB and had a particularly bad string of unworthy players.

I'm willing to believe that it happened if you can prove it.  That said, I am not willing to believe it happens as much as you say or with any real regularity on the scale you claim.  There simply hasn't been enough forum smoke for me to believe that there's really a game fire in this regard.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Grintch #36 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 23:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12932 battles
I want my U-boat tank. 

AZandEL #37 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30190 battles

View PostAZandEL, on Jan 12 2019 - 04:16, said:

Make buffs last a certain number of battles rather a certain amount of time and that would solve most of the problem.

^^this. Also the yolo'ing and throwing the match (sans drowning) would probably go down. Dont understand why WG hasnt done this already

maxman1 #38 Posted Mar 05 2019 - 09:27

Major

• Players
  • 4655 battles

View Postshrineking1, on Mar 01 2019 - 12:51, said:

By the way if you ask me to convert numerous videos onto youtube just for this posting.... I am sorry but its not worth that level of effort.

Guess we'll never have any proof of your claims then.

Upsilonic #39 Posted May 21 2019 - 02:21

Private

• Players
  • 24421 battles
  • [EOS_R] EOS_R

I don't see a need to REMOVE drowning, but I would like to see amphibious tanks be able to float.  (i.e. TOG)

Edited by Upsilonic, May 21 2019 - 02:23.

Nutzo #40 Posted May 21 2019 - 02:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 47936 battles
  • [K-BBQ] K-BBQ
Fun fact, wargaming encourages people to report intentional suicide to them via tickets, just select physics abuse and give them the replay with the offenders name and the fact that they did it intentionally

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users