Take your time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kellyspals #1 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 04:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 3159 battles
  • [4RTY] 4RTY

Take your time, invest in experience not in buying the great tanks.

Just to let you know, the premium tanks are never the best.

WOT controls the tanks stats.  What is great one day could be trash the next patch.

I have been playing for several months and a lot of the tanks I did good with before, now barely hit anything. 

Also WOT is all about massacres.  70-75% of battles will end with one side killing less then 5, while the other side kills all. 

Pipinghot #2 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostKellyspals, on Jan 12 2019 - 22:57, said:

Also WOT is all about massacres.  70-75% of battles will end with one side killing less then 5, while the other side kills all. 

That's because this is a single-death-per-battle game, not a respawn game like so many others. All games that have single-death-per-battle have a lot of massacres, it's simply how things work.

Ndtm #3 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 05:49

Major

• Players
  • 17585 battles
If a tank really got such a huge stealth nerf then we would've known about it because of how many would be talking about it, you're not the only one playing the game and there are many that have played more than those "months" of yours and would be more familiar with the minute details of the tanks you're supposedly talking about and would definitely notice if something was up, i wasn't sure how to word it since it ended up a bit harsh regardless of how i thought about it but.. it's unlikely that the tanks have been touched like that which leaves only you as the sole variable, i don't know how much you've managed to learn in your 3k games over 4 months of play but typically it's not uncommon to only be at a decent level around 5,000 or more games, and even though i have as many games as i do over so many years i still have much to learn and i doubt there will be a time where i feel like i know enough (i mean seriously, i don't know if i forgot it at some point but just earlier today i saw that if your tank is on fire it's best to stay still else the fire will go on for longer.. that's something which seems to simple yet i don't remember it..)

death_stryker #4 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 06:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View PostKellyspals, on Jan 12 2019 - 20:57, said:

Take your time, invest in experience not in buying the great tanks.

When short on XP, get the fringe-meta tanks. Those are still great tanks, but are unlikely to be nerfed.

Just to let you know, the premium tanks are never the best.

See Fig. 1: Tier 8 Strongholds

Don't lie to new players about the power levels of tanks; explain to them the real reason why they shouldn't get a tier 8 prem right off the bat: lack of experience with the game.

WOT controls the tanks stats.  What is great one day could be trash the next patch.

I have been playing for several months and a lot of the tanks I did good with before, now barely hit anything. 

Stealth nerfs don't exist; the reality is called power creep. Every game eventually has power creep, simply due to the nature of for-profit companies.

That is only true for low-tier games, which have an outcome variance about as high as a round of poker. If you want close games, I suggest playing tiers 7 to 9 specifically. Or chess.

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostKellyspals, on Jan 13 2019 - 00:57, said:

Take your time, invest in experience not in buying the great tanks.  This is good advice.

Just to let you know, the premium tanks are never the best.  Mostly, prem tanks are mediocre, a very few are actually top tanks in their tier, some are bad.

I have been playing for several months and a lot of the tanks I did good with before, now barely hit anything.   This is just "randomness" catching up to you, it's not about silent nerfing, stealth nerfs are practically non-existent in this game. (never listen to the crack-pot, tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists, they let their emotions lead them by the nose and disregard truth, logic and Ockham's Razor, which is something else you should read)

Also WOT is all about massacres.  70-75%   About 37% of battles will end with one side killing less then 5, while the other side kills all.   Working as intended... read up on Lanchester's Square Law and then apply it to WoT and it's no-respawn game.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jan 13 2019 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 25202 battles

I'm going to go on record as saying, "This is not what I would call a 'quality' post."  Not that useful or, as far as that goes, very informative beyond your own opinion.  I will give you points for, "Nice try."

Better luck next time and before you leave, let us give you a home copy of the game!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users