Dear WG, let us keep left over shards for next year's event.

Hlidron Decoridor RNG Hates us

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hellsfog #1 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 36057 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Dear Wargaming,

I needed a ornament. There were only two possible outcomes and I had one so feeling pretty good about getting the other and I did get it...on the 10th try.  This wasn't the only time the Holidron Decorider made me feel as if I was in a Tom Stoppard play (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOwLEVQGbrM.) If you are going to have the Holidron Decorider RNG powered by high levels of [edited]you, the least you could do is let us keep the leftover shards from year to year.  I know what you are going to say, "Won't that make it too easy next year?" My answer is that if somebody managed to get all the camo and has enough shards to make next year too easy, then they deserve to keep them and all of us who don't have enough shards to make next year too easy deserve the small mercy. 

RECON_RANGER #2 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

I am short around 10,000 shards, maybe 20,000. 

Just because you spent a lot of money should not give you an advantage next year.

VikingSoldaten #3 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 02:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 11685 battles

I think that is a great idea. 

I finally got all of 2018 and 2019 Completed not mention the 280 shards left not counting the extras I will get tonight.  I think WG should convert these leftover shards into credit or gold or credit towards any of the Tanks you missed for available future purchases for 2019. The only tank I did not get was the Object 252U Defender. Everything else was either through the Large box rewards purchases or from previous purchases. I like how they gave you gold credit for the repeat vehicles you have in your inventory. I actually got anywhere between 15 to 16K extra gold compared to the standard gold purchase of 25k gold not to mention the Credits of 3 mil x 4 or 12 mil total and 60 plus extra days of Premium. Overall, I am quite please with how this turned out and the extra shards forward for next year or shards exchange for gold or credit would not be asking to much from the players where on WG. Thanks for sharing. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 24717 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 13 2019 - 17:25, said:

Just because you spent a lot of money should not give you an advantage next year.

OP's idea would help everyone, maybe even you.

Once I finished this year I was able to use shards left over to complete last year's camos too.

The ornaments cost very few shards and there was no "RNG" from the decorider. Just pick and pay the shards required to get the exact ornament you needed.

If WG did what the OP asked it would make it better for you too, next season.

For any left over shards you have from this year you could get this year's collection completed for cheap next season.

So even though I didn't get everything done last year it was very easy to complete this year.

kebab6597 #5 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 56979 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Great idea OP +1, but as we all know it would hit WG in the pocket so its never going to happen

Buttknuckle #6 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 48678 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Its Sunday night, 8 hours before the event is removed. You have zero chance of your request/suggestion even being read, much less implemented.

Better spend em if you've got em.

Hellsfog #7 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 36057 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 13 2019 - 20:25, said:

I understand your point but the only shards I will have left are the ones I decon tonight. 

Buttknuckle, on Jan 13 2019 - 21:02, said:

Its Sunday night, 8 hours before the event is removed. You have zero chance of your request/suggestion even being read, much less implemented.

Better spend em if you've got em.

It seemed clear to me that this was a suggestion for future events and didn't need to be specifically stated but thank you for clarifying it further. 

Edited by Hellsfog, Jan 14 2019 - 03:08.

BigDollarBillz #8 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:29

Major

• Players
  • 37799 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
That's a great idea man. +1

RECON_RANGER #9 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 03:56

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

What I am saying is this is pay to win.

If you did not buy loot boxes, you will not have any significant amount of shards, but maybe a small amount that makes no sense to bother WG with carrying them over to next year.

I am FREE TO PLAY. I did all the missions everyday and did not buy loot boxes and I do not have enough shards to even complete one book so there will be no left over shards.

Hellsfog #10 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:18

Major

• Players
  • 36057 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 13 2019 - 21:56, said:

If you did not buy loot boxes, you will not have any significant amount of shards, but maybe a small amount that makes no sense to bother WG with carrying them over to next year.

I am FREE TO PLAY. I did all the missions everyday and did not buy loot boxes and I do not have enough shards to even complete one book so there will be no left over shards.

I understand you and see your point. Yes, people who spent a lot of money would receive the benefit of having spent that money.  People who spent a little money would receive the benefit of that money. Players who didn't spend any money or who didn't have many shards left over get the benefit of not starting from zero.  Let's face it: Players who spent money on boxes this year, may spend just as much next year. This idea is really for everyone else. 

dunniteowl #11 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 07:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 26964 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 13 2019 - 20:56, said:

You should review better.  I am a FTPP.  I was gifted two sets of 11 Large Boxes and two sets of 3 Large Boxes.  I have 258 current of 313 for the 2019 Collection.  I completed the 2018 Collection.  If I had not been gifted with those boxes, I might have 240 to 245 of 313.  I have collected a fair number of shards, which I used.  However, I would certainly LIKE the idea of being able to keep those shards for the next seasonal event of the same nature.  Even if I only end up with like 300 shards left over, I would still be happy to be able to use them the next time around.  

Sometimes, the difference between getting another unique ornament is just having shards enough to do it one more time.  Like using Bonds, Credits, Gold or Free XP, every little bit helps.

Don't such a wet blanket, man.

OP, I totally +1 the idea.  Any and every extra bit helps and the amounts are INSANE in the first place.  The least WG can do in this regard is let them carry over.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users