Equipment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2772 battles

Hi Everyone,

I bought and loaded Binoculars, Coated Optics, and a Camo Net on my tank.

I wanted to add a Tool Box, but when I tried to do this, it wanted me to remove something to make space for it.

Are we limited to three pieces of equipment per tank? 

I also painted my tank with Camo.  It cost 50 Gold.  However when I tried to remove it and place it on a different tank I couldn't figure out how to do it.\

Thank You

NL_Celt #2 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:46

Major

• Players
  • 28786 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Jan 14 2019 - 00:10, said:

Hi Everyone,

I bought and loaded Binoculars, Coated Optics, and a Camo Net on my tank.

I wanted to add a Tool Box, but when I tried to do this, it wanted me to remove something to make space for it.

Are we limited to three pieces of equipment per tank? 

I also painted my tank with Camo.  It cost 50 Gold.  However when I tried to remove it and place it on a different tank I couldn't figure out how to do it.\

Thank You

Only three pieces of equipment. Toolbox, binocs and net can be installed and uninstalled and moved between any tank for nothing. Any "complex" equipment like optics, vents, rammers will cost 10 gold to uninstall, every time, so you want to be careful if you really want to mount things on tanks that you may move past very quickly.

Getting camo can be done with credits. Good for 100 battles. But with gold it is permanent, for that tank only. Cannot be transferred. So before you load gold camo make sure the tank is a "keeper"

WaywardChild #3 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:52

Captain

• Players
  • 37577 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
You are number 6, I am NOT a number, I AM A FREE MAN! 

snailcrusher #4 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 04:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2772 battles
How do I get a Camo Skin with Credits?  I am not talking about a Camo Net.

Insanefriend #5 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 05:05

Captain

• Players
  • 45359 battles

View PostNL_Celt, on Jan 13 2019 - 21:46, said:

Only three pieces of equipment. Toolbox, binocs and net can be installed and uninstalled and moved between any tank for nothing. Any "complex" equipment like optics, vents, rammers will cost 10 gold to uninstall, every time, so you want to be careful if you really want to mount things on tanks that you may move past very quickly.

Getting camo can be done with credits. Good for 100 battles. But with gold it is permanent, for that tank only. Cannot be transferred. So before you load gold camo make sure the tank is a "keeper"

Camo for gold isn't tied to one tank any more.  You can take it off and move it to any other tank that can use that camo.  Like camo for US tanks can only go on other US tanks.  Though you need one set for each tank you'll have in combat and moving it around does get old after awhile if you jump between a lot of tanks.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jan 14 2019 - 05:07.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 05:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 30215 battles

Select Tank.

Click "Exterior"

Click "Preset Styles"

Click "Rental" (shows at top left of skins set) for the Line you are playing (eg: UK, US, DE, RU).

Good to go.  75K credits for 100 Battles.

OvO

snailcrusher #7 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 05:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2772 battles

OK.  I almost got it!

Dunniteowl explained how to rent a Camo Skin.

And Insanefriend says that Camo for Gold is no longer tied to one vehicle anymore.

I bought Camo with Gold so How do I move it from one tank to another?

Insanefriend #8 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 05:30

Captain

• Players
  • 45359 battles
Go to the exterior screen, find the camo in the list of camo then right click on it and select remove from tank.  Any equipped camo has a little orange diamond if equipped, also note that you will need to remove the camo from all three seasons.  Which on that note some camo has seasonal requirements for being equipped on tanks.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jan 14 2019 - 05:31.

NL_Celt #9 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 28786 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jan 14 2019 - 00:35, said:

Camo for gold isn't tied to one tank any more.  You can take it off and move it to any other tank that can use that camo.  Like camo for US tanks can only go on other US tanks.  Though you need one set for each tank you'll have in combat and moving it around does get old after awhile if you jump between a lot of tanks.

Is that right? Didn't know. Has never come up as I have a lot of keeper tanks that never need change. Good to know.

sparky_49 #10 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 12:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7646 battles

Different nations have different camo patterns, but within a nation you can remove camo and put it on another tank, no charge. I've moved some of my camo around rather than purchasing more when my gold supply was limited. Tanks I don't play often have the camo removed, so I can use it on another or just have it in the depot for later use.

Only the hull needs camo to get the concealment benefit, but it doesn't look right to me if the turret is not done as well.  But I've now started skipping camo on the barrel.

I just removed the camo from the barrel on four American tanks, and that gave me enough to apply camo to hull and turret on two tanks that didn't have camo, all at no additional gold cost.

snailcrusher #11 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 05:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2772 battles

Thanks Everyone,

That answered the question.  Thanks for providing the detailed answers.  It would have have taken me months to figure out on my own.

One last question about Equipment.  Do the benefits of Binoculars and Coated Optics stack?  Are the Experimental Optics worth it?

Thank You

sparky_49 #12 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 07:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7646 battles

They don't stack, having one doesn't benefit the other. Coated optics work whether you're moving or stationary, and increase your view range all the time. Binocs only work if you've been stationary for 3 seconds, but greatly increase your view range.   

Using the comparison tool in the garage I looked at four different configurations for my LT-432:

With my crew skills (recon, situational awareness, etc) and no optical equipment the view range is 409m. 

Adding coated optics the view range increases to 450m all the time.

Binocs will increase either the 409m or 450m range all the way up to 511m, but only when stationary.

Using coated optics and the "Optical calibration" Directive the view range is 460m, a 10 meter increase over the coated optics alone, but will cost 8 bonds per battle.

Different tanks will have different improved equipment directives. My only choice for the LT-432 is Optical Calibration.

Put several copies of your tank in the comparison tool (right click on the tank in the carousel and select "Add to comparison" do that several times depending on how many different setups you want to look at.  Then configure each tank in different ways regarding crew skills, equipment, and directives if you want to use those. You can then see how the different configurations effect your view range.  

Edited by sparky_49, Jan 15 2019 - 07:44.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users