Jump to content


tier 8's, mm and serious discouragement


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Permachatbanned #1 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

Been grinding (or attempting to) my tier 8's, Tiger 2, Ferdinand, Italian tanks, Chinese TD's etc and I have never been so discouraged by a video game in all my life. The MM is seriously so terrible it really makes me not even want to continue to tier 9 and 10, bottom tier 95% of the time and when you manage to get top tier you get stuck with bad players. Once you hit tier 8 in this game thats where the fun ends honestly, with the MM the way it is the game literally forces you to free exp past these tiers because its just so abysmal and draining to try to play them. Dont even get me started on high tier arty trying to grind these tanks(Arty needs to be removed as a whole honestly, no possible way to balance them. They shouldnt have been added in the first place but WG is retarded.) What is the point of getting to tier 10 if the grind for 8's and 9's is just so awful and painstaking? 

 

The new MM system for 2019 isnt going to change, theyre just adding new additions which will more than likely break the game even more considering thats how EVERY *update* for this game goes. Tier 8 will continue to see tier 10 which is absolutely stupid. Really ready to just quit this game altogether just because of how nerve racking it is to play at high tiers. How do people even manage to get past these tiers with this god awful system?



Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:39

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35058 battles
  • 1,387
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013
Wait for Frontline. Tier 8 only and lots of fun. 

tod914 #3 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 64234 battles
  • 6,294
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 14 2019 - 16:39, said:

Wait for Frontline. Tier 8 only and lots of fun. 

 

That's where it's at.  Can't wait!

Permachatbanned #4 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:48

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:39, said:

Wait for Frontline. Tier 8 only and lots of fun. 

 

frontline isn't around forever. for the very short amount of time it will be available yes it might be some fun but Im talking about a more permanent solution. probably just wishful thinking on my part considering WG doesn't give 2 [edited]

Copacetic #5 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 46002 battles
  • 1,236
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Honestly mate you're not ready for high tiers.

Desert_Fox_1969 #6 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 35058 battles
  • 1,387
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013
It will be around for one week every month. February - November

sleeper_agent #7 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28895 battles
  • 2,709
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013
tier 8 premiums are where you make credits...and LOTs of them. Win lose or draw, its always payday for a tier 8 premmie.

Permachatbanned #8 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View Postsleeper_agent, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:53, said:

tier 8 premiums are where you make credits...and LOTs of them. Win lose or draw, its always payday for a tier 8 premmie.

 

credits aren't the problem, im talking about exp.

13Jake55 #9 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 22:59

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 20570 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017
Tiger II has its moments with top gun. Your not a brawler except in certain situations. The E75 is worth all the pain athough and I've  had some real good games with the Ferdi. Make sur you have top guns in both.

Edited by 13Jake55, Jan 14 2019 - 23:00.


BabA_YA6A #10 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 23:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26352 battles
  • 1,593
  • [O-VER] O-VER
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 15 2019 - 05:39, said:

Wait for Frontline. Tier 8 only and lots of fun. 

 

The question is only when wargaming will dignify and put it on the server.

KatzeWolf #11 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 23:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30 battles
  • 864
  • Member since:
    09-10-2012

The current MM is garbage, but they are trying to fix it.

I just don't see why the template system was added in the first place.



Permachatbanned #12 Posted Jan 14 2019 - 23:52

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jan 14 2019 - 23:46, said:

The current MM is garbage, but they are trying to fix it.

I just don't see why the template system was added in the first place.

 

they are not trying to fix it, just adding new templates. They need to make it to where tier 8's ONLY see tier 9's and to where its a rare occurrence. It would definitely soothe the grind and probably improve the game/experience 10 fold

Da_Craw #13 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27293 battles
  • 3,172
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

Tier 8 is not great.  However, you are exaggerating a lot.  95%?  Hyperbole, of course.  It only FEELS like 95%.

 

Try this mantra for a session:  "Tier 10!  Yes!  8 tanks of higher tier to shoot!  The XP bonus for damaging a T9 or T10 is HUGE!  This will get me out of the Tiger II even faster!"

 

I know it's polyannaish, but if you focus on the positive (and it is a BIG bonus) it helps.



Permachatbanned #14 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:06

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostDa_Craw, on Jan 15 2019 - 00:03, said:

Tier 8 is not great.  However, you are exaggerating a lot.  95%?  Hyperbole, of course.  It only FEELS like 95%.

 

Try this mantra for a session:  "Tier 10!  Yes!  8 tanks of higher tier to shoot!  The XP bonus for damaging a T9 or T10 is HUGE!  This will get me out of the Tiger II even faster!"

 

I know it's polyannaish, but if you focus on the positive (and it is a BIG bonus) it helps.

 

"No! 8 tanks of higher tier I can't pen and overmatch me wherever I shoot them!" 

 

FTFY

 

it feels like 95% of the time because it is 95% of the time...

 

the only way to play tier 8's is to just spam the 2 key, hope you can get a lucky shot in(with arty being in the game, good luck brawling in any tank) before every other tank on their team completely owns you. I'd rather not tank all my silver I'm going to need for that tier 9, if I ever get it that is.



Crimson_Saber #15 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:19

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16482 battles
  • 891
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View PostTVWizard, on Jan 14 2019 - 16:52, said:

 

they are not trying to fix it, just adding new templates. They need to make it to where tier 8's ONLY see tier 9's and to where its a rare occurrence. It would definitely soothe the grind and probably improve the game/experience 10 fold

 

That's not really fair is it though

Permachatbanned #16 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostCrimson_Saber, on Jan 15 2019 - 00:19, said:

 

That's not really fair is it though

 

>fair

>WoT

 

pick one

 

 

but in all seriousness this game *should* be like that but then WG wouldnt be making money by forcing people to free exp



LT_Moon #17 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 52969 battles
  • 523
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

Why do you want to go up the tier so fast? As a result, your crew may not even finish the second skill, is that right? I never put a crew with less than two skills in tier 8 tanks. Some of my crew are on 5th skills. You won't be a match for those tanks.

Go slowly. Stay at t6 & 7 longer and train your crew. Some t8 tanks can endure battles with t10 decently.



BabA_YA6A #18 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26352 battles
  • 1,593
  • [O-VER] O-VER
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jan 15 2019 - 06:46, said:

The current MM is garbage, but they are trying to fix it.

I just don't see why the template system was added in the first place.

 

Fix it???

The mm went down the toilet when wargaming changed to 3-5-7 template on the patch 9.18 on Apr 18, 2017.

On June 2018 wargaming announced that they would need six month to come up with a solution to improve/correct the match making.

Six month have past since then and the only thing we get to see are more promises from wargaming on the website and forum and no actual results.

I guess for the time being it must be more lucrative for wargaming to pump out premium's instead of keeping the customers contempt.

Because the player population here on the NA is slowly but sure fading away!



Permachatbanned #19 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:31

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostLT_Moon, on Jan 15 2019 - 00:29, said:

Why do you want to go up the tier so fast? As a result, your crew may not even finish the second skill, is that right? I never put a crew with less than two skills in tier 8 tanks. Some of my crew are on 5th skills. You won't be a match for those tanks.

Go slowly. Stay at t6 & 7 longer and train your crew. Some t8 tanks can endure battles with t10 decently.

 

I dont want to just rush up the tiers, but it would be nice to have games where I can actually *do* something against my opponents other than just be fodder for the high tiers.

 

also, keyword "some" tier 8 tanks

 

again with the mm you're forced to fire gold to get any sort of progress and if that its very little



Permachatbanned #20 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 00:33

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7822 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Jan 15 2019 - 00:29, said:

 

Fix it???

The mm went down the toilet when wargaming changed to 3-5-7 template on the patch 9.18 on Apr 18, 2017.

On June 2018 wargaming announced that they would need six month to come up with a solution to improve/correct the match making.

Six month have past since then and the only thing we get to see are more promises from wargaming on the website and forum.

I guess for the time being it must be more lucrative for wargaming to pump out premium's instead of keeping the customers contempt.

Because the player population here on the NA is slow but sure fading away!

 

I'll honestly be overjoyed when WG's [edited]company tanks(ironic huh?) and the game dies completely, albeit I've already sunk so much money into this garbage gambling system of a game. I'll finally be released from my torment




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users