Jump to content


l just spent some cash.


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dirizon #1 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 27762 battles
  • 5,259
  • [PINGU] PINGU
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

So l was supposed to buy the advent calendar 24 Caern A X, the base deal, and had like 8 days to do it. Who wouldn't, as it is a good tier 8. But l didn't.

 

And instead now, l bought a lSU13O. Which sucks. 

 

Figures.

 

Funny how things work, with WG. l have lobbied WG to market CC loan tanks for a long time, like lSU13O and KV4 KTTS, and they are finally doing it.

 



TommyBuns #2 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:21

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14295 battles
  • 675
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

How bad is it? It definitely seems dated, and like it could use a little more buffing for a price of admission of $47, and being as it still has the "M" , moderator emblem on it , I can't help but wonder about its' earning potential. Since it was a "Reward" tank so to speak, does it get a combat and/or crew exp. multiplier, but no credit multiplier, or did it always earn credits like a premium tank? As the emblem wasn't changed, was its' credit earning potential overlooked as well?

 

Anyways, hopefully they get rid of that "M" emblem and put the star on it like the images in the premium shop, and massage the penetration a bit. As it currently sits, I couldn't see paying more than $20-$25 for it, $47 seems way out of line when you look at what else is available such as the SU-130PM, the SU-122-44, the WZ-120, Skorp-G, etc. All these tanks I just mentioned are much better tanks and actually cost the same or less.



Christojojo #3 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:23

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33904 battles
  • 1,729
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010
Bummer that the ISU 130 sucks. To easily spotted? Inaccurate? To soft? Requires Premium to be any  good?

KingAuthur #4 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2184 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012

well gots some good news

since it's Russian it will probably get buffed

while wargaming turns there back onall non Russian tanks

and keeps coming out with the same old city tunnel maps that only benefits the Russian OP heavies and TDs

there seems to be more tank games coming out that are taking advantage of wargamings Russian bias

and screw wargaming



dagengster #5 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 14028 battles
  • 4,384
  • Member since:
    02-13-2012

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 15 2019 - 02:23, said:

Bummer that the ISU 130 sucks. To easily spotted? Inaccurate? To soft? Requires Premium to be any  good?

 

Havent played it but just looking through the wiki page, its definitely not as worth it as more recent TDs like the su 130 pm.


Worse pen and accuracy. No semi turret. Looks slower too.

Its got better armor but not enough to actually matter.

It has pref MM it seems but the pen is just so terrible for that teir. You cannot pen certain T8 and T9 heavies from the front and youre sure not gonna be flanking them lol.

The prem shells is one of those higher damage for less pen things so pressing 2 wont even help you in those situations.



Christojojo #6 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:37

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33904 battles
  • 1,729
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

View PostKingAuthur, on Jan 14 2019 - 21:25, said:

well gots some good news

since it's Russian it will probably get buffed

while wargaming turns there back onall non Russian tanks

and keeps coming out with the same old city tunnel maps that only benefits the Russian OP heavies and TDs

there seems to be more tank games coming out that are taking advantage of wargamings Russian bias

and screw wargaming

 

I hope some have this model of gameplay without the heavy handed rng. I have problems enough, If you could tell me (message) these games I would appreciate it.

Christojojo #7 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 03:38

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33904 battles
  • 1,729
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

View Postdagengster, on Jan 14 2019 - 21:33, said:

 

Havent played it but just looking through the wiki page, its definitely not as worth it as more recent TDs like the su 130 pm.


Worse pen and accuracy. No semi turret. Looks slower too.

Its got better armor but not enough to actually matter.

It has pref MM it seems but the pen is just so terrible for that teir. You cannot pen certain T8 and T9 heavies from the front and youre sure not gonna be flanking them lol.

The prem shells is one of those higher damage for less pen things so pressing 2 wont even help you in those situations.

 

Thank you so much for that.

Dirizon #8 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 04:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 27762 battles
  • 5,259
  • [PINGU] PINGU
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View PostTommyBuns, on Jan 14 2019 - 21:51, said:

How bad is it? It definitely seems dated, and like it could use a little more buffing for a price of admission of $47, and being as it still has the "M" , moderator emblem on it , I can't help but wonder about its' earning potential. Since it was a "Reward" tank so to speak, does it get a combat and/or crew exp. multiplier, but no credit multiplier, or did it always earn credits like a premium tank? As the emblem wasn't changed, was its' credit earning potential overlooked as well?

 

Anyways, hopefully they get rid of that "M" emblem and put the star on it like the images in the premium shop, and massage the penetration a bit. As it currently sits, I couldn't see paying more than $20-$25 for it, $47 seems way out of line when you look at what else is available such as the SU-130PM, the SU-122-44, the WZ-120, Skorp-G, etc. All these tanks I just mentioned are much better tanks and actually cost the same or less.

 

Gun case TDs, typically are bad. Especially ones that have extremely narrow fields of fire forward, bad penetration, ones with poor view range, poor armour, and although lSU isn't per-se slow like a Ferdinand, it sure is not fast. lt is extremely one-dimensional, and has bad penetration to boot meaning performance at range is bad too.

 

Typical gun case TDs, that otherwise excel, like T11OE3 or E25 or WZ12OG or 7O4....these tanks are the most flexible among an already inflexible class. Because they offer many things to alleviate problems, like speed and armour and/or gun performance.

 

For the life of me, l cannot see why WG did not last minute buff this in its premiere sale. First it deserves lSUs health, 1.2K.  And they should have given it lSU152 and lS3s  top engine, the seven-hundred horsepower one. Exactly what they did to T-44-Hundo, giving it tech tree T44  engine

 

 



Dirizon #9 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 04:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 27762 battles
  • 5,259
  • [PINGU] PINGU
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

lt has bad field of fire forward, constantly meaning it has to shift its tracks around, breaking either camo net or binocs boost.

Poor armour means leading assaults like a WZ12OG cannot be done. Poor penetration limits its performance down range, its pen is 3Omm off normal tier 8 standards, no high pen gold round

Poor health available, like old lSU. 

The vehicle is just decidely average, and even very sub average in important things. lts definitely just a collectors item

 

lnteresting to note, it does have pre TD Nerf view range. View range is decent at 38Om. Aim-time and soft gun stat bloom are very good, the TD can quickly snap shot. 

 



TheManFromKekistan #10 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 04:26

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 1,837
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017
Find a map where you can camp a lane at mid range and you will enjoy the ludicrous dpm. For the other 90% of maps welp.. :P

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 04:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 67680 battles
  • 18,672
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

I get the pen issues and the traverse - that's easy to tell on paper.  But the pen seems a lot more workable if not being bottom tiered.  But with 3/5/7 in it's current guise it's gonna be bottom feeder more than not.

 

Just can't help but think the timing isn't coincidental in regards to monthly Frontlines.

 

With that said OP or anyone else that has it or or has ran it in the past what about it's potential in FL?  Or if they actually deliver on their MM tweaks so that being bottom tiered in 3/5/7 isn't as prevalent?

 

TIA.

 

Edit:   OP mentions it has the pre-nerf view range.  I'm guessing it also retains the after shot camo values before they got nerfed for TDs.


Edited by heavymetal1967, Jan 15 2019 - 04:36.


Christojojo #12 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 04:36

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33904 battles
  • 1,729
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

View PostDirizon, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:06, said:

lt has bad field of fire forward, constantly meaning it has to shift its tracks around, breaking either camo net or binocs boost.

Poor armour means leading assaults like a WZ12OG cannot be done. Poor penetration limits its performance down range, its pen is 3Omm off normal tier 8 standards, no high pen gold round

Poor health available, like old lSU. 

The vehicle is just decidely average, and even very sub average in important things. lts definitely just a collectors item

 

lnteresting to note, it does have pre TD Nerf view range. View range is decent at 38Om. Aim-time and soft gun stat bloom are very good, the TD can quickly snap shot. 

 

 

Thank you. <:)

YANKEE137 #13 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 05:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12015 battles
  • 4,716
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Seems like it is a fossil: balanced for 2010.

 



TheManFromKekistan #14 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 05:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 1,837
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 14 2019 - 22:33, said:

I get the pen issues and the traverse - that's easy to tell on paper.  But the pen seems a lot more workable if not being bottom tiered.  But with 3/5/7 in it's current guise it's gonna be bottom feeder more than not.

 

Just can't help but think the timing isn't coincidental in regards to monthly Frontlines.

 

With that said OP or anyone else that has it or or has ran it in the past what about it's potential in FL?  Or if they actually deliver on their MM tweaks so that being bottom tiered in 3/5/7 isn't as prevalent?

 

TIA.

 

Edit:   OP mentions it has the pre-nerf view range.  I'm guessing it also retains the after shot camo values before they got nerfed for TDs.

 

This should do well in frontlines at least on the defending side. The meh pen and lack of armour will not be nearly as big a liability.

Dirizon #15 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 27762 battles
  • 5,259
  • [PINGU] PINGU
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

lf you need more information about it, Skill4LTU has a UTube 3 MoE showcase of it, on Ensk. He talks abit of the tank, give it a see.

He plays the TD aggressively.

 

 



Nonamanadus #16 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 22:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 30247 battles
  • 3,856
  • [HBG] HBG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013
I been having fun in it today, gun rammer, vents & coated optics. Forget the binocs and net as you traverse too much and that will just fustrate you. Wish it wasn't as derpy but still not bad. Been making decent coin on it as it is a premium tank now (because you pay cash for it in the shop). 

Lord_Magus #17 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 10:13

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 201 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View PostChristojojo, on Jan 15 2019 - 03:23, said:

Bummer that the ISU 130 sucks. To easily spotted? Inaccurate? To soft? Requires Premium to be any  good?

 

Looking at the stats, 2nd worst standard pen among tier 8 TDs after the Jagdtiger 88 (and I don't think it has preferential MM like the Jagdtiger 88). And like the Boxtank it's in the weird situation of gold rounds having lower penetration in exchange for higher alpha.

 

As an aside, I'm kinda confused by the ISU-130's crew setup. It's supposed to be an ISU-122S refitted with the 130mm gun, but it has 4 crew (commander, gunner, driver, loader) when every other vehicle in the ISU family and the majority of high-tier Soviet TDs in general have 5 crew (commander, gunner, driver, loader, loader). 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users