Sad & Lonely :-(

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 25369 battles

Howdy Tankers,

Let me start this off by saying that I'm not really sad or lonely, but I do miss the Holiday Garage with its festivities and treats.  Watching those dudes dancing by the fire was really enjoyable for me this season.  I was a little sad to see all of that gone yesterday when I logged in, but also a bit relieved as I felt that I was overdoing it on Boxes and Playing Time this past weekend.  As of today, I have researched and purchased ALL of the Tier X tanks that I want (268v4 and 50B will wait until next year's holiday season) and ALL of my crews are in their rightful places with appropriate skills thanks to the recent discounts.  Now all I need is a camo & customization sale so I can spend some of my remaining 130,000 Gold.

I will say that it feels kind of strange to have all of my grinds done, over 800 days of PT left, 130K Gold and plenty of credits (Garage says 600K, but I have about 48M in consumables & equipment that I can sell if need be). Up until today, I've had a kind of an obsessive attitude towards grinding needed tanks and crew skills - so obsessive that it was borderline neurotic.  I'm very relaxed now and don't feel the burning desire to get things done as I did before which is really good.  It's good because when I need to get missions done and I'm unfairly saddled with impossible odds, I get angry that a WIN component is attached to so many things.  When I get angry, I get mouthy and I'm pretty sure that the wonderful, charming person that y'all see here in the forums turns more into a Mr. Hyde with my in-game teammates at times.  :trollface:  My 2019 resolution is to NOT turn my matchmaking ire into the harsh lessons that I've been providing my Tier 9 & 10 teammates who have no business being there.  I'm not sure they were even capable of learning anyway :sceptic:

So here I am with a new mindset and looking forward to this upcoming Soldier of Fortune event so I can finally earn myself a 907.  I hope that my new lease on WoT life remains solid and that I can be more like the tanker that I've always wanted to be for myself and for you fine folks.  If I begin to falter, I hope that I can count on y'all to help get me back on track. It should be a good year for us here in WoT and I'm certainly looking forward to it.  And I could never be lonely here in WoT with all you good people :honoring:

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

PS - I have no right or ability to recruit for Y0L0, however, we have one solid team for the Soldier of Fortune even with almost enough backups to make a 2nd team which would make SoF easier and we also have 2 excellent callers.  If your stats are better than mine (I am literally the WORST Y0L0 clanmember) and you're interested in getting a reward tank, please PM me either here or in-game.  [Please don't think that I care about stats. I still don't.  But young people care about them, so that's why I threw that out there.  Plus, I don't want anyone to get yelled at more than me from our leader.  I pretty much disappoint him in every game that I play, but I'm nice so he hasn't shown me the door yet.]

Steel_nomad #2 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1874 battles
  • [H2O] H2O
Are you guys hardcore gamers or something?

RHeadshot #3 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 16:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3112 battles

View PostSteel_nomad, on Jan 15 2019 - 16:45, said:

Or something.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 17:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 12067 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I just sold 500 large first aid kits for 10,000 each.  Still have almost fifty left. 

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 17:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 25369 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 15 2019 - 10:05, said:

I just sold 500 large first aid kits for 10,000 each.  Still have almost fifty left. 

I don't need the cash yet, but I bought 29M worth of Large Repair Kits alone.  The rest I sunk into all kinds of equipment b/c it's like safe keeping for your cash - can always get my money back by selling them.  Not sure that everyone gets that.  I think I purchased 20 Gun Laying Drives so that even my Tier 3's could have them if they wanted.

View PostSteel_nomad, on Jan 15 2019 - 09:45, said:

If you're referring to my clan Y0L0, I can just say that we have some exceptionally talented players and consistently finish in the Top 10 when we compete.  Our callers are next level players which I didn't even know existed until I started playing with them. Like all good clans, you will need to have the appropriate Tier X meta tanks and show the ability to know how to use them.  I shine in certain Tier X tanks, but my lack of understanding of how to compete against the elite is what saddles me the most.  I'm hopeful I will get better at that which I try to do by listening to my callers and trying to understand why they make the calls that they do.  I used to think that I was really good until I started playing with Y0L0, but then I realized, "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

cavalry11 #6 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 17:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 46806 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Good post thank you.

mlinke #7 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50833 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I miss my discounts that I thought I can use till the update and did not assigh. I miss my xp and income buffs so I found confort with people outside. Stopped playing cause 5 boxes for recruit programm turned our to be small ones. I am making snowmen and walking to the store. Real people are fun. Snow will melt. Wot will ve here. When it it gets better I ll play again.

moogleslam #8 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 41629 battles

View Postmlinke, on Jan 15 2019 - 12:42, said:

I miss my discounts that I thought I can use till the update and did not assigh.

You can still assign them until the release of 1.4.  They're available via the notification panel in the bottom right corner of the garage.

Steel_nomad #9 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 01:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1874 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

If you're referring to my clan Y0L0, I can just say that we have some exceptionally talented players and consistently finish in the Top 10 when we compete.  Our callers are next level players which I didn't even know existed until I started playing with them. Like all good clans, you will need to have the appropriate Tier X meta tanks and show the ability to know how to use them.  I shine in certain Tier X tanks, but my lack of understanding of how to compete against the elite is what saddles me the most.  I'm hopeful I will get better at that which I try to do by listening to my callers and trying to understand why they make the calls that they do.  I used to think that I was really good until I started playing with Y0L0, but then I realized, "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Cool it seems I have to get higher than a 53% wr and play 30k battles and get 3 marks on my tier x tanks to join this clan.

__WarChild__ #10 Posted Jan 16 2019 - 03:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 25369 battles

View PostSteel_nomad, on Jan 15 2019 - 18:56, said:

Cool it seems I have to get higher than a 53% wr and play 30k battles and get 3 marks on my tier x tanks to join this clan.

It's just a top tier clan and I'm lucky to be in it because I don't work on any of my numbers.  I start out trying to win but don't mind moving on if it's not happening and sometimes, it's not even me messing around.  I have fun and that's all that matters to me.  But I'm also significantly better than my stats could ever indicate, and my performances in Strongholds/Clan Wars is what keeps me part of the group.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users