MM Arty TDs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Machisman #1 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 36292 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

I have been playing this game since 2011. Spent so much time and Money. Enjoyed the game and the fun it provided. Now since last August, i have been having bad time in this game. Too many irregularities in MM. I am creating this topic to find out if i am the only one facing this issue.

1. I always get weak team than enemy team

2. Too many TD's per battle. I normally get teams with 7 or 8 TD's or even more. This made playing heavy and medium tanks a pain, because i get outspotted and killed, when i try to play for the team in front lines.

3. With More TD's the game is a camp fest now. 

4. Dont see fast mediums in top tier games. very rare to see STB, AMX 30B, Patton, TVP 50/51or Batchat anymore. Its mostly 907, 430U or some clan rewards OP tank. Is it because of too many TD's or the tanks are not capable enough to handle the maps? not sure.

5. Arty. I am not even going to explain. Only bad things to say about it. But the community may feel different about it.

Now, as a community, i would like to have like minded players to tell me, if this is the norm now? Should i stop thinking about all these and just play TDs  and live with it? Is there a way to make our concerns heard? Though WOT is a free game, the reality is something else.

I have had 48% winrate until 18k battles. I started buying premium tanks and premium time. By doing so, my winrate slowly climbed to 53.7% now. In a way i feel i have contributed myself in keeping this game going for so long.

Will WOT even hear to certain issues raised by NA population at all?

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 38764 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
You just have to play your game and not worry about anything else. If you let all the TD's and stuff bother you, then you will be miserable when playing. It is supposed to be fun, which with the way I have bee playing as of late, it hasn't been to fun for me. I as well spent a ton of money on the game when I was able to afford it before my stroke and heart issues. Just play the tanks you enjoy and let everything else go.

mlinke #3 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:28

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Noone listens so you can protest as much as you want. It can olny help you went some steam.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #4 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3472 battles

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Jan 15 2019 - 19:01, said:

You just have to play your game and not worry about anything else. If you let all the TD's and stuff bother you, then you will be miserable when playing. It is supposed to be fun, which with the way I have bee playing as of late, it hasn't been to fun for me. I as well spent a ton of money on the game when I was able to afford it before my stroke and heart issues. Just play the tanks you enjoy and let everything else go.

+1 Smile_great.gif

Festung #5 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36535 battles
Welcome to the freakin' club.

Pipinghot #6 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMachisman, on Jan 15 2019 - 12:51, said:

I have been playing this game since 2011. Spent so much time and Money. Enjoyed the game and the fun it provided. Now since last August, i have been having bad time in this game. Too many irregularities in MM. I am creating this topic to find out if i am the only one facing this issue.

From your post, it really looks like you're just getting tired. Think about taking a break or at least change your WoT schedule. Some of the things you're saying don't make sense and that's usually a sign that someone needs a break from the game.

1. I always get weak team than enemy team

No. Simply put, this is not happening, everyone gets the same mixture of good and bad teams. If it feels that way to you then you need to change something about how you play. Play when you're not tired, play different tiers, maybe just play less overall. But you need to so something different because this is simply not true, and if you're starting to feel that way then your are poisoning your self for the game.

2. Too many TD's per battle. I normally get teams with 7 or 8 TD's or even more. This made playing heavy and medium tanks a pain, because i get outspotted and killed, when i try to play for the team in front lines.

This is essentially a repeat of point #1, you're having a growing problem with something called Confirmation Bias, and it's causing you to feel things that are not true.

3. With More TD's the game is a camp fest now. 

4. Dont see fast mediums in top tier games. very rare to see STB, AMX 30B, Patton, TVP 50/51or Batchat anymore. Its mostly 907, 430U or some clan rewards OP tank. Is it because of too many TD's or the tanks are not capable enough to handle the maps? not sure.

5. Arty. I am not even going to explain. Only bad things to say about it. But the community may feel different about it.

All of these are basically the same message, none of these things have changed much, if at all. The amount of TD's is basically the same, there are still plenty of fast mediums in top tier games, arty is just as good/bad as it ever was.

I have had 48% winrate until 18k battles. I started buying premium tanks and premium time. By doing so, my winrate slowly climbed to 53.7% now. In a way i feel i have contributed myself in keeping this game going for so long.

Will WOT even hear to certain issues raised by NA population at all?

It was not the premium tanks or premium time that raised your win rate, it was you getting better at the game. The problem is that as you improve you become more and more important to your teams. If you had a bad game when you were a 48% player it didn't really matter to you, and other people didn't notice, because you were right in the middle of the pack and were only rarely important to your teams. But as you improve your personal performance becomes more important, so if you have a bad battle then your team usually does worse also. Your win rate was not because of premium tanks or time, it was because you were improving and working hard at the game. From the things you say, it really seems like you're tired of working hard but you still want to have the higher win rate, and it doesn't work that way.

Now, as a community, i would like to have like minded players to tell me, if this is the norm now? Should i stop thinking about all these and just play TDs  and live with it? Is there a way to make our concerns heard? Though WOT is a free game, the reality is something else.

There is no single "WoT community", there are multiple communities and they don't agree on everything. If you truly want to find answers you need to spend time thinking about what has changed with you.

venom286 #7 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 42253 battles
be honest they should transfer everyone from na to eu the mm would get better

BabA_YA6A #8 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Postvenom286, on Jan 16 2019 - 02:56, said:

be honest they should transfer everyone from na to eu the mm would get better

Not really.

Because on the EU you will deal with the same 3-5-7 horse manure set up!

KingofDragons #9 Posted Jan 15 2019 - 20:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24109 battles

i did notice a lot of TDs and it does promote  some type of camping because most are lurking and waiting for an opportunity .. They should promote more light tanks because they are the " eyes " of the team..

It is suppose to be a Team game  yet the game does not offer Team missions.. It is all about your missions or your platoon's missions... There also is no verbal Team communication which would greatly help...

More and more Tanks are showing which really starts to show the weakness of older tanks.. Those older Tanks WR start to drop because of better / improved Tanks..

Mister_Avnas #10 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 11:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11981 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-
just saying, 430U looks like junk when you ram it for 1000 hp with E50 or E50M

JABowders #11 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 03:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 14256 battles

I have noticed over the last couple of UPDATES the number of increased BS misses, ghost rounds, and bounces. Why play a game that trolls you for in game credits? More bounces, more misses, more ghost rounds the more you fire the more you spend the more you grind ... the more you are willing to reach into your pocket to PAY to win.

I have had my gun move off a target just as I was about to fire, I have had targets disappear when 100 feet in front of me, I have had more rounds ghost than I care to even talk about. I am just so tired of the BS. How about a FAIR game, when you have battles that end 15/2 in under 3 minutes, or 22 shots on target and get credit for 10 hits and 2 pens. I can thank of other things I can do than sit here and get pissed off at BS.

Oh, and the EYES of the light tanks, yea right, when a heavy can out spot a light ... why play lights?

And the maps need to be bigger... make you get off your spawn and move, team up maneuver, fix and destroy the enemy. yYou can't do that when as soon as you spawn you can be spotted.

Last Word: MM, how about by Order of Battle... you know 2 Lights, 6 Mediums, 2 TDs, 4 Heavies, 2 Arty.  16 per side not 15

Edited by JABowders, Jan 19 2019 - 03:39.

tanopasman62 #12 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 15:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

MM is a slot machine, so from time to time you'll have sessions where you'll lose most matches.

On the other hand, WG has to do something with the TD infestation.

Copacetic #13 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 22:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46037 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
You're a good player. You shouldnt be complaining.

64sherman #14 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 20:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

Play warthunder.  The only way you can do poorly there is if you are actually bad.  

At the end of the day, if the same guy kills you 3 times in one battle.  Is he really that good?  Or are you just playing like a muppet?  

I've never felt hopeless in warthunder because I always feel like I can turn a battle around, a couple kills, stay alive, take a strategic zone and boom you've just changed the odds.  

Before I get in trouble for some forum violation for mentioning the game that shall not be named, I'd like to say that it is my suggestion and feedback that WG should adopt a point capture and re-spawn system similar to WT.  

64sherman #15 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 20:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View PostCopacetic, on Jan 23 2019 - 15:11, said:

You're a good player. You shouldnt be complaining.

So good players opinions are invalid, but we should all sit and listen to the tomatoes? 

64sherman #16 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 20:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26637 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 19 2019 - 08:46, said:

MM is a slot machine, so from time to time you'll have sessions where you'll lose most matches.

On the other hand, WG has to do something with the TD infestation.

I mean I know you're getting 90+ fps but... is it really worth it for your game to look that bad?  You could def bump it up and still be getting 60 easy.  

Machisman #17 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 18:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 36292 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

https://i.postimg.cc/xcLG9bZQ/shot-001.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CRYG5xyq/shot-002.jpg

RickEdwards #18 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28314 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostPipinghot, on Jan 15 2019 - 19:39, said:

This is essentially a repeat of point #1, you're having a growing problem with something called Confirmation Bias, and it's causing you to feel things that are not true.

Honestly, regardless of whether him seeing a large amount of games with 7-8 TDs per team is confirmation bias or not kind of does not matter; there should not be games where half or more of the players are in the same tank class. Even if it is confirmation bias, though, games with that many TDs are far more noticeable than games with 8 heavies per team or 8 mediums per team because games with 8 TDs per team are significantly more campy and almost always take far longer, and often those are the ones that result in draws. Honestly, TD amounts should be capped like arty because they promote slow, campy gameplay. Ideally, LTs should be capped too, but for different reasons (there's really no need for more than 2 or 3 on any given map).

Also tagged with MM, Arty, TDs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users