Ideas solving the hatrate for artilleries

8 replies to this topic

Fragonian #1 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 17:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

well everyone hates artilleriers, even on ur own sides. They are just toxic, why tho?

First off there are no ways to counter artilleries when engaging enemies while playing anything other than arty yourself in a game. moreover the new stun system would just crapon your day like nothing else not even the wrost rng the game has to offer. Some(mostly me) players may even call them sky cancer. All we can ever do is to endure the suppressing fire and watch our HP get chipped off slowly and died a painful death while being stunned. The pure punishment would make the most calming player rage and scream [edited]you !! Artillery!!

But what if, there is a new reward system that compensate for the suffering we endure?

Lets say, publish a new medal. Pressure under fire(of whatever really) survive the battle after Being stunned for a moderate amount of seconds. Let’s say, 300 seconds? If there’s cool headed and spartan and Phoenix rewarding player for blocking or surviving shots, then there should also be one for player surviving stuns. 

When most medals give u a bonus on exp and credit why not give the crew exp a boost this time ? They did keep their craptogether while getting hammered by a 255mm cannon. That deserves a reward if you ask me.

or give bonus for artillery shooting other artilleries, making them more keen on countering first instead of having fun tracking a light tank by splashing it 10 meters away while knocking its crew engine and tracks out in the first 1minute of the game.

Heres just some of my immuture thoughts, and please do pardon my poor English. How do you guys think if there is a new system like that in world of tnaks ????

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Yes... that's why I play the game... to get medals... getting moar medals will make everything about artymobiles OK.

Baron_Von_Cheeto #3 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 17:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 55914 battles
Any changes to arty good or bad will not solve people complaining about arty. Complaining about arty has become a part of the culture of the game. Arty is not going anywhere the sooner you get over it the better off you are. 

Fragonian #4 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 17:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

So you are saying we should just get over anything that makes us uncomfortable instead of figuring out a better way for it to be take place?

V_A_C_A #5 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 18:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 24215 battles
A medal for receiving lots of artillery fire. The idea is interesting.
It takes guts to a person to go to the frontline even under a lead rain. This is seriously interesting, WG.
Some players just whine/cry/rage, but some are brave and get the bull by the horn. Those should receive some reward (medal) for being stunned a lot.

rover5700heirloom #6 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 59973 battles
I don't see getting hit by Arty a lot deserving of a medal. And Arty should always be playing counterbattery, watching for terrain movement...

V_A_C_A #7 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 22:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 24215 battles

View Postrover5700heirloom, on Jan 17 2019 - 14:21, said:

I don't see getting hit by Arty a lot deserving of a medal. And Arty should always be playing counterbattery, watching for terrain movement...

I have 83 "For Counter-battery Fire".
About the idea of the medal, it's for the ones that aren't afraid to go to the fire zone. And it's not suggesting that would be an "easy" medal. It's about the ammount of stunning time, as someone suggested, 300 seconds (or more). If you think about it, 300 seconds is 5 minutes... 1/3 of a standard battle being stunned.

TsarCidron #8 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 22:47

Major

• Players
  • 6821 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
They should give medals for "How many times will you whine about arty" on the forums.  Give them out for 100 posts, 300 posts, and 500 posts.   If you get 1000 posts, you get a camouflage scheme that appears like a big baby that hides you well, but keeps you lit for all arty on the other team, for the duration of the match!  It automatically appears, permanent on a random superheavy in your inventory.

cavalry11 #9 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 20:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47366 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
People will always whine about arty then WG gets even stupider and talks about buffing arty again. You have already cut damage more than in half and accuracy is terrible, thanks for  nothing WG.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users