scamper0914 #21 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 23:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 16963 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2

"

France

• Panhard EBR 90
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 70 to 65 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 90 to 85 km/h (Rapid mode)

• Panhard 12H 6000 mle.63
    • Changed the engine power from 620 to 580 h.p.

• Panhard H-101
    • Changed the engine power from 550 to 500 h.p.
  • Panhard EBR 105
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top speed from 105 to 95 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the engine power from 820 to 750 h.p.
  • Panhard AML Lynx 6x6
    • Changed the reverse speed from 58 to 40 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top speed from 82 to 80 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the reverse speed from 82 to 60 km/h (Rapid mode)
  • AM 39 Gendron-Somua
    • Changed dispersion of the 25 mm SA35 gun for the turret from 0.43 m to 0.42 m"

NO JUST NO, THIS IS RETARDED WG, QUIT MAKIING RUSSIAN TANKS OP, AND MAKING EVERY OTHER NATION WEAK IN COMPARISON, IM GETTING SICK, AND TIRED OF THIS, I LOVVEEDDD THE OLD EBR 105, THEN YOU GO AND NERF IT, IT JUST NEEDED A LITTLE STEERING TWEEK... My rant's over boys

Horsepower to weight reduction is fine.. But max speed? no no no... Your taking away the ONLY thing it has it going for it..

Comrad_Pravda #22 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 23:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9579 battles
  • [-GL-] -GL-

View PostJambijon, on Jan 17 2019 - 18:49, said:

Feedback: Please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.

Where is that? I can't find it, and it doesn't seem to be listed in the news announcements that I am looking at unless I am blind.

RagnarokBazil #23 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 23:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25594 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postthegreat101, on Jan 17 2019 - 16:13, said:

So i Wonder if you guys brought its speed back up to 105KPH, and nurfed the gun, giving it arty like aim, made it Very Team Depended tank, Focused on Scouting... how this might change the game, also effect the reload so people have time to respond when their arty is getting killed. maybe even the damage per shot down from 390, to 340. I miss the speed. was my favorite part.. didn't care much about the gun. liked the fact you had to pay more focus on the Driving than shooting. Anyone else got any thoughts?

it has a base view range of 350 to 310.. With everything you DONT reach the max so.. the Speed is used to compensate for it.. the guns pen is horrrible for there tier.. tier 10 is 190.. and they are sapposed to Curcle strafe lone tanks.. with the reduced speed it cant perform those roles anymore.. If they only reducved the Power to weight sure that be fine but the Top speed is just Nutering the Tree to lower then lights.. They LIVE on there speed and these days with thwe gol spam APCR shells will murder these guys.. The art of dodging was there thing.. now? there a huge change they will die in the 1st min... Before hand there speed made it possible for them to get to places and survive alot longer..  All its stats suck.. again the only thing it has going for it was there speed.. Taking that away makes the poor thing unable to get away from those that use APCR gold in general.. I liked it for because of the Unique skill the high skill cap it requires and i had so much fun that I HAVE to active scout and watch how i drive.. Without the speed there is no point to Spend my Exp on the line at all.. Revert the top speed nerfs to both modes Just reduce the power to weight..

RagnarokBazil #24 Posted Jan 17 2019 - 23:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25594 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postscamper0914, on Jan 17 2019 - 17:32, said:

"

France

• Panhard EBR 90
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 70 to 65 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 90 to 85 km/h (Rapid mode)

• Panhard 12H 6000 mle.63
    • Changed the engine power from 620 to 580 h.p.

• Panhard H-101
    • Changed the engine power from 550 to 500 h.p.
  • Panhard EBR 105
    • Changed the top and reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top speed from 105 to 95 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the engine power from 820 to 750 h.p.
  • Panhard AML Lynx 6x6
    • Changed the reverse speed from 58 to 40 km/h (Cruise mode)
    • Changed the top speed from 82 to 80 km/h (Rapid mode)
    • Changed the reverse speed from 82 to 60 km/h (Rapid mode)
  • AM 39 Gendron-Somua
    • Changed dispersion of the 25 mm SA35 gun for the turret from 0.43 m to 0.42 m"

NO JUST NO, THIS IS RETARDED WG, QUIT MAKIING RUSSIAN TANKS OP, AND MAKING EVERY OTHER NATION WEAK IN COMPARISON, IM GETTING SICK, AND TIRED OF THIS, I LOVVEEDDD THE OLD EBR 105, THEN YOU GO AND NERF IT, IT JUST NEEDED A LITTLE STEERING TWEEK... My rant's over boys

Horsepower to weight reduction is fine.. But max speed? no no no... Your taking away the ONLY thing it has it going for it..

Im not going down the line till it gets what it needs to survive.. Its a tier 10 Weak scout.. 190 pen alpha 11 second reload... Without its top speed of 105 it will get killed by gold spammers.. With the 105 top speed Gold plebs had to Learn to aim.. had to caculate had to predict where it gone.. have i mentioned its also Blind as a bat? a view range that makes a tier 5 heavy blush.. Speed makes or breaks the tank of this class

Edited by RagnarokBazil, Jan 17 2019 - 23:58.

MrETanker #25 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 01:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21906 battles
  • [OOF] OOF

Why the Nerf on the french wheeled vehicles?! They were balanced enough! I would of loved seeing a top speed of at least 100. Buff the wheeled back to 100 please! (the tier 10)

Edit: The 105 speed of the tier 10 is what made the entire thing balanced with the bad view range and awful gun... If your going to Nerf the speed, then buff the gun... of course only Russian tanks have to be on top

Edited by MrETanker, Jan 18 2019 - 01:33.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #26 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostJambijon, on Jan 18 2019 - 00:49, said:

Hello Tankers and Testers!

Update 1.4 common test 2 is now live!

If you wanted to check out the update preview, click the button below:

List of Changes:

Join the Common Test!

• Download the test client installer (4.9 MB).
  • Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files.
  • Save and run the installer.
  • Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.

How the Common Test Works

New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.

Eligibility: All players registered prior to 13:59 PT | 15:59 CT | 16:59 ET on Dec. 31, 2018 can participate in the test.

Feedback: Please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.

Server Restarts

The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:

• First Periphery: 20:00 PT | 22:00 CT | 23:00 ET every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
  • Second Periphery: 21:00 PT | 23:00 CT | 00:00 ET every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
  • Central Database: 01:00 PT | 03:00 CT | 04:00 ET every day. Average duration will be around 2 minutes.

The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.

Thanks and GLHF!

WHERE IS THE MENTION OF THE NEW MATCHMAKER?????

How long must it be loved on the SEA server before it's finally given to everyone else???  It's been on SEA for what, 3 MONTHS now???  People are leaving due to the trash MM we have.  Why the continued delay???

No mention of Frontline either.  That will boost numbers during that ONE WEEK a month it's available, but if we keep the trash MM we have now it will be lower in the other weeks.

If you guys read the forum, you'd know the current MM is your greatest enemy.

Comrad_Pravda #27 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 03:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9579 battles
  • [-GL-] -GL-

Ok so here is my feedback for the 1.4 common test stuff. The game has been crashing for me, so I am not sure about this multi threading thing. Seems like it has some kinks to work out. Every time the game crashes it says it is sending the reports to wargaming, so I hope you guys are getting whatever information is being sent. The game doesn't really feel like it runs any more smoothly. There is still a little micro stutter or screen shake when driving through obstacles in rapid succession such as fencing.

As for the wheeled vehicles, I hate to say this, but I think these are outright bad for the game. Why? They are TOO fast. It encourages aim botting if you are playing one so that you can hit stuff more reliably. It also encourages other people to use aim bots/aim assist illegal mods when fighting against the wheeled vehicles to hit them because they are so fast and they turn so quick that firing at them is basically just rolling the dice. It's not that you can't hit them on the move. I have done it multiple times, but it is more luck than skill - especially with the gun handling, making the dispersion bloom since you have to fire while your turret is rotating to lead them properly. This is world of tanks. It doesn't feel like a tank game with these super fast vehicles in it anymore. It feels like we are driving around race cars, shooting at each other.

When I drove one for a bunch of games I have to admit: Yes, they are fun to drive BECAUSE they are so fast, hard to hit, hard to track them, but I think they are bad for the game. The problem is that if you slow them down, I don't think they would be viable anymore because speed is all they have. Their concealment is top notch, but they don't have spotting, so the scout role is pretty hard for them unless they are willing to expose themselves, forcing them to rely on their speed to dodge while remaining spotted a lot. They have no armor, and no penetration. If they can't flank, they can't do damage, so, again, they need the speed. I can tell you that I don't really want to keep playing if I have to deal with these annoying buzzing gnats all the time detracting from my tank battle. Tanks are supposed to be heavily armored vehicles that can bounce shots off of themselves, not 4 guys in a jeep with a nitro booster and a bazooka covered in parade float Papier-mâché, chicken wire, and chain link fencing that only LOOKS like armor. They really need to have some other novelty, not this much speed. This is too much.

You don't want to just cancel them and waste the developmental effort though. Perhaps, change them around so they work significantly differently instead? For example, you know one of the most irritating things about the game is the lack of consistency with the guns. Maybe they have high penetration, low dispersion, good sigma, and really good gun-handling, but really low damage? That would feel satisfying to hit all your shots consistently, but really low damage per shot to keep it balanced?

I am just throwing out ideas here. Keep their stealth and light tank status? OR maybe they can actually use the little smoke bomb generators to create a temporary cloud "bush" for themselves?

Nerf the speed, but maybe they keep the same camo while stationary, moving, AND firing? (Ehh. That sounds bad for the game too. We don't need more invisible tanks.)

They ARE french. Maybe it would be ok to nerf their speed, keep the camo, or nerf it slightly, but not much, give them good view range, and just have them be another light tank line.

How about this for an idea? Nerf the speed, but they are still as fast as a normal light tank. They have no armor, but they have a LOT of HP, and are hard to track. A scout with a lot of HP, but no armor, and a crap gun? That could be interesting.

Honestly, a lot of those ideas are kinda dumb, but again, I want to say their speed is too much and something should be done about it. They are too hard to hit, which encourages MORE aim botting, which is already a huge problem if you do a google search for community contributor videos on the subject, and as also evidenced by the fact that Wargaming acknowledges it as an issue by calling out that it is against the terms of service in their Fair Play Policy, and consistently keeps finding more and more and more people to ban all the time, proving people ARE doing it as well as other things too. Obviously, they are chipping ice cubes off an iceberg. Why put tanks in the game that have an unintended side effect of encouraging it more?

Edited by Comrad_Pravda, Jan 18 2019 - 03:43.

HeerMan #28 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 03:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 32868 battles

Things I've seen with 1.4:

Most of team stuck at base and unable to defend themselves.  On one occasion someone said there was a hacker that had been doing this.

Many commanders looking to "Hang Ten" on the new lights and ramming tanks by landing on top just for the sheer joy of it. 

French lights-on-wheels are difficult to control.  Its like there are some very sloppy tolerances in the steering box assembly.

You sure this is based on real machines and not Death Race 2000 imagicars?

I tried them all and prolly won't race them in the real game.  I do appreciate the effort to broaden out the options for Tankers, though.

Working_As_Intended_ #29 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 05:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 54 battles

95? Looks like I'm not getting the tank now.

Bring it back to 105 then you can have my 125CAD WG

:izmena:

Panzer254 #30 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 07:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68485 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
love the tank numbers. now if we could get some tank accessories.

Jazz_4 #31 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 07:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5162 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
how's the tier 6 French wheel vehicle is It any good or complete junk?

destroyer_steel123456789 #32 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 12:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 14801 battles
I don't like the nerf to wheeled vehicles, all they needed was a slight steering tweak to make them spin out less.  They have now lost their one good strength, I am getting hit way easier now than before and its a very underwhelming tank. Its penetration at 190 is horrible for tier 10 and it has bad viewrange, so it cannot compete with other tanks.

RECON_RANGER #33 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:34

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Jan 17 2019 - 21:45, said:

Road speed should be cut by at least half when they go off road. Same for the light tanks. It's ridiculous.

AGREED.

RECON_RANGER #34 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View Postdestroyer_steel123456789, on Jan 18 2019 - 12:05, said:

I don't like the nerf to wheeled vehicles, all they needed was a slight steering tweak to make them spin out less.  They have now lost their one good strength, I am getting hit way easier now than before and its a very underwhelming tank. Its penetration at 190 is horrible for tier 10 and it has bad viewrange, so it cannot compete with other tanks.

GOOD.

RECON_RANGER #35 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View PostMrETanker, on Jan 18 2019 - 01:30, said:

Why the Nerf on the french wheeled vehicles?! They were balanced enough! I would of loved seeing a top speed of at least 100. Buff the wheeled back to 100 please! (the tier 10)

Edit: The 105 speed of the tier 10 is what made the entire thing balanced with the bad view range and awful gun... If your going to Nerf the speed, then buff the gun... of course only Russian tanks have to be on top

Your idea of a fun game is to log in and have a 45% player in a wheeled tank drive around like a maniac on Murovanka and light your entire team as they sit there trying to hit him for 5 minutes while in turn being shot?

On Prokorovka they will be able to drive over the entirety of the map and probably never be hit and in turn prevent real lights from passive spotting.  Once this patch comes out I am playing tier 4 for several weeks to avoid them. 

These tanks are CHILDISH and they were completely useless in real life battles especially during WWII and never used in modern day combat other than as armored personal carriers.   

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Jan 18 2019 - 14:43.

nrnstraswa #36 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 17:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16434 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
Sigh, another patch goes by with no tech tree rebalances of any kind. So many powercreeped tanks of all lines and nations. 

nrnstraswa #37 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16434 battles
  • [AJ] AJ

View PostPanzer254, on Jan 18 2019 - 00:09, said:

love the tank numbers. now if we could get some tank accessories.

Agreed, I want cosmetic side skirts for my tanks. 

St_Vicar #38 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 19:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 66028 battles
  • [REAV] REAV

The new lightweight armored vehicles of the French branch are too fast for this game. In any case, it is a welcome change with the reduction of the speed for approx. 1/5.
What I like about them and it would be nice to see in all vehicles, tanks, is that there is a speedometer that shows the current speed of the vehicle.
I think it would be useful to set up for all the tanks in the game, exactly the same place and the same color and contrast as in these armored cars.

In principle, these vehicles should not be faster, or they may be somewhat faster than the light tanks of their level.
So if a tank level VI goes for example 45 km / h then the armored car should not be faster than approx. 50 km / h, and so on, this would equal the combat value of the vehicle and the speed of armored cars would be a negligible advantage but still the advantage of speed over the armor, as they have the same cannon and the same puncture, which is OK.

Sgt_Lighting177 #39 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 20:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 79 battles

Hello guys
I am RagingRaptor and took my time to write up and record a feedback to the 1.4 Common Test server. I want to show some problems and inconveniences as well as give constructive criticism and feedback! I would really REALLY wish to know that the feedback gets send to the WG devs.

Here is for the start the video but I am writing up everything down below it to make it more convenient, also a huge shoutout to Skill4ltu for letting me use his Obj 279 e video as background footage. Please take a look at his video as well as it shows the problem which comes with its buffs.

Here the written up Feedback:
Wheeled Vehicles in General:

• Why do you loose the double R autopilot when switching modes?
  • Very long break times. It is mandatory to bind your “stop and fire” key  as the backwards speed can overwhelm you when you try to slow down.
  • Can you add the speedometer also when you are zoomed in? So you know in what mode you are in and at what speeds you are.
  • I really appreciate that the small tank pic in your lower left corner which shows your HP, crew and other statuses is unique to all wheeled vehicles. I appreciate that to be done to all the other tanks as well! Very well done
  • Let us enable Rapid mode in the 30 seconds countdown to the game.

EBR 105:

• The Cruise Mode is way to finicky to use. Like it is really hard to make small corrections to your course.
  • Might want to reduce the viewrange a bit more as you can get 445m of viewrange with normal vents, normal coated optics, BIA, reconskill, situational awareness and rations. And Camobreaking is really little so there is no need to go even further with viewrange.
  • - Standart penetration would be great to get buffed to like 210 instead of 190 to feel the upgrade from the t8 to the t10 tank.

T9 EBR:

• Also has very finicky cruise mode, same problem as the T10 tank. Didn’t played it that often

Lynx T8 Tank:

• This tank feels very good!
  • Cruise mode is great as is the rapid mode
  • Looses a lot of speed when running into a tree or obstacle. Is it intended or not?
  • (little troll request) In real life it can swim, in game it can’t. THIS IS UNPLAYABLER !!!11!1¨!!!!

Missions:

• Appreciated that you made the Chimera missions easier. Nothing else to say. Thanks!

Chimera Buffs:

• Don’t have the tank myself but seeing the stats pre and post buff they look good and are totally okey

Obj 279 e Buffs:

• Do NOT buff the lower plate. I explain it greatly in the video but do NOT do it. Also please consider looking at skill4ltu’s video about it as he is a holder of that vehicle and a really good tanker!

Inscriptions:

• Really cool but explain why certain numbers are not allowed. Like 666, in WOWs you got the USS Black which has those exact numbers painted on its bow.
  • Allow us to use only 1 or only 2 digits without the blank spaces getting filled with zeros

Multicore:

• Well done! Really felt the improvement. Gladly take that ( was also about time though)

Misc:

• Obj 268V4 Gunmantlet fabric glitches through the gunmantlet when aiming fully to the left. You can see 2 circles which glitch threw.
  • Prokorovka and Himmelsdorf on the hill from both the south side there are spots which have the terrain resistance of ice. You really start to easily slide around them. On proko you can see it in the video. On Himmelsdorf it’s the plastered part from the castle close to the wall which prevents you from falling down.
  • Bushes are very very strong and a type 5 heavy can hide behind one not getting spotted on 260 meters while shooting with a tank which has 445 meters of viewrange. Please have a look at that. The video shows the Bush on D1 on Cliff.

So that is everything. I hope this feedback can help and find its way to the HQ of WG. Once more, thank you all for your attention!

Cheers

RagingRaptor

Edited by Sgt_Lighting177, Jan 19 2019 - 21:04.

Rook1337 #40 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 00:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 11616 battles
  • [B-BRO] B-BRO

So I use a MacBook Air to play world of tanks and I would like to join in on the test sever. However when I go to download it is a .exe file that only comes up as Textedit file instead of diskimage drive. Any advice where I should submit a request for a proper Mac format to be released?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users