Update 1.4 Common Test 2 is Here!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

biop1 #41 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 21:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 21616 battles
They are impossible to hit...they have no disadvantage of going 70-80 km/h...all ots turning the game is spam into the enemies base perma spotting every one the whole game this will kill the game...

KRZYBooP #42 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4008 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostComrad_Pravda, on Jan 17 2019 - 16:33, said:

Where is that? I can't find it, and it doesn't seem to be listed in the news announcements that I am looking at unless I am blind.

Apologies for the missing Thread. It can be found HERE

ephBomb #43 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 23:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36038 battles
  • [DP20] DP20

I have only been able to test the tier 8 Hoch! I tried to get in a match with tier 6 & 7. But after waiting 2 cycles each tier, it was a no go. Like I thought the only people that will benefit from the wheeled light tanks are the highly skilled players! They are to fast especially with the afterburners speed. Yes they will get you where you want fast and demolish the enemy and with arty pounding you. the light wheeled wonders will be cutting you down. I say not a good idea the lights we have are fast enough.

On the testing situation, you can't hardly get a match and when you get a match there isn't enough time in the match for testing. What we need is a testing grounds! Where we can go in and test these new machines. In an obstacle course set up with different tanks to shoot at and really be able to get  a feel for these things.  This game is not ready for wheeled tanks, not a good idea. 

I tried to get into a match today about 4:00 and servers were down or ? so no testing today.  I will try again till the testing is done. I will post again, after more trials.

oldewolfe #44 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 01:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 23582 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

You can get a Tier 8 only because it see;s Tier 10 Battles...    And that's provided ya don't mind the Long wait....    Occasionally 7's because they see tier 9's and can get an Overflow Battle...

The Test Server is more about the End Game tanks than anything else...       Even now with the wheeled Vehicles it;s hard to use anything But, especially when the Population get's down to around 3K and Under....    Then it's All Tier 10, All the Time...

It's still not a Bad way to Test out other things like Equipment and Skill Layouts...       Get a better Idea how the Crew Training Works and how to Best Upgrade Tanks....      It's also Great for the Heads Up on upcoming Maps and other Game related Changes before Release to the Live Servers...     That's also why I have an EU Account, to see them before they Arrive here Live and not on the Test Server....

IDONTKNOWWHATS #45 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 02:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 7295 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-
why the test sever is unavailable now?

Boogydude #46 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 04:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9367 battles
  • [MSG] MSG

Anyone else get this on install? No help from WG so far.

Boogydude #47 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 04:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9367 battles
  • [MSG] MSG
Anyone else get this error installing? "The data obtained from the update server is incorrect" Install just stops. No help from WG so far.

Cargo_Joe #48 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 17:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12365 battles

View PostCrypticshock, on Jan 17 2019 - 14:43, said:

"Wheeled lights are too fast! Very hard to handle!"

*reduces speed and some engine powers*

"Wheeled lights are too slow!"

This may be the Fallout 76 for WOT.  There are too many dune buggy/toy tanks as it is.

RagnarokBazil #49 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 17:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25503 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostComrad_Pravda, on Jan 17 2019 - 21:27, said:

Ok so here is my feedback for the 1.4 common test stuff. The game has been crashing for me, so I am not sure about this multi threading thing. Seems like it has some kinks to work out. Every time the game crashes it says it is sending the reports to wargaming, so I hope you guys are getting whatever information is being sent. The game doesn't really feel like it runs any more smoothly. There is still a little micro stutter or screen shake when driving through obstacles in rapid succession such as fencing.

As for the wheeled vehicles, I hate to say this, but I think these are outright bad for the game. Why? They are TOO fast. It encourages aim botting if you are playing one so that you can hit stuff more reliably. It also encourages other people to use aim bots/aim assist illegal mods when fighting against the wheeled vehicles to hit them because they are so fast and they turn so quick that firing at them is basically just rolling the dice. It's not that you can't hit them on the move. I have done it multiple times, but it is more luck than skill - especially with the gun handling, making the dispersion bloom since you have to fire while your turret is rotating to lead them properly. This is world of tanks. It doesn't feel like a tank game with these super fast vehicles in it anymore. It feels like we are driving around race cars, shooting at each other.

When I drove one for a bunch of games I have to admit: Yes, they are fun to drive BECAUSE they are so fast, hard to hit, hard to track them, but I think they are bad for the game. The problem is that if you slow them down, I don't think they would be viable anymore because speed is all they have. Their concealment is top notch, but they don't have spotting, so the scout role is pretty hard for them unless they are willing to expose themselves, forcing them to rely on their speed to dodge while remaining spotted a lot. They have no armor, and no penetration. If they can't flank, they can't do damage, so, again, they need the speed. I can tell you that I don't really want to keep playing if I have to deal with these annoying buzzing gnats all the time detracting from my tank battle. Tanks are supposed to be heavily armored vehicles that can bounce shots off of themselves, not 4 guys in a jeep with a nitro booster and a bazooka covered in parade float Papier-mâché, chicken wire, and chain link fencing that only LOOKS like armor. They really need to have some other novelty, not this much speed. This is too much.

You don't want to just cancel them and waste the developmental effort though. Perhaps, change them around so they work significantly differently instead? For example, you know one of the most irritating things about the game is the lack of consistency with the guns. Maybe they have high penetration, low dispersion, good sigma, and really good gun-handling, but really low damage? That would feel satisfying to hit all your shots consistently, but really low damage per shot to keep it balanced?

I am just throwing out ideas here. Keep their stealth and light tank status? OR maybe they can actually use the little smoke bomb generators to create a temporary cloud "bush" for themselves?

Nerf the speed, but maybe they keep the same camo while stationary, moving, AND firing? (Ehh. That sounds bad for the game too. We don't need more invisible tanks.)

They ARE french. Maybe it would be ok to nerf their speed, keep the camo, or nerf it slightly, but not much, give them good view range, and just have them be another light tank line.

How about this for an idea? Nerf the speed, but they are still as fast as a normal light tank. They have no armor, but they have a LOT of HP, and are hard to track. A scout with a lot of HP, but no armor, and a crap gun? That could be interesting.

Honestly, a lot of those ideas are kinda dumb, but again, I want to say their speed is too much and something should be done about it. They are too hard to hit, which encourages MORE aim botting, which is already a huge problem if you do a google search for community contributor videos on the subject, and as also evidenced by the fact that Wargaming acknowledges it as an issue by calling out that it is against the terms of service in their Fair Play Policy, and consistently keeps finding more and more and more people to ban all the time, proving people ARE doing it as well as other things too. Obviously, they are chipping ice cubes off an iceberg. Why put tanks in the game that have an unintended side effect of encouraging it more?

CASUAL DETECTED CASUAL DETECTED

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 23 2019 - 12:15, said:

Apologies for the missing Thread. It can be found HERE

Return the Historic top speed and Ill give you the money.. As i love active scouting.. Anyone else has a problem then Go play something else.. Veterans of wot when the t-50-2 was the best active scout come first..

As for the others who have a problem with Fast things..

You do not like Earning the right to git gud at the active scouting role you do not like Top skill...

because to you guys its... Anakin take it away!

That is why Wow is Utter Poop!

Edited by RagnarokBazil, Jan 24 2019 - 17:47.

Anoniponi #50 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19139 battles
Sooooo.... is the test server finished for 1.4?

Anoniponi #51 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 02:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19139 battles
Hello? WG staff? That's your cue to answer..

oldewolfe #52 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 15:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 23582 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I'm guessing Yes....     Only because it was about 24hrs between Test 1 and 2 when they Updated the Changes to the Wheelies....     This is now 3 Days, saying to me, Pretty much Done....

So, whatever they Change between Test 2 and 1.4 Live is anyones Guess, but what we had at the End of Test 2 is likely what we'll get....

SunnyKim #53 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 18:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35204 battles
oh hey look.... another cool thing that is being taken away because most plebds are too dumb to use it.... nerf light tanks into the ground.... make wheeled vehicles... nerf them into the ground.... we get it. you cant give good players cool stuff because they will be too good. just over buff all the pleb tanks so morons can just press w and shoot things and feel like they arent total crap.

m21sniper #54 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 19:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 25231 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
on the test server i seen that wargaming sais update 1.4 on the test server has multi threading support but from what iv seen it does not work. im on a xeon e3 1230 v2 ivy bridge cpu/ i7 3770 equivalent. 7 of the threads are 10-25% while cpu core 3 is at 75-90%. its not spreading the load evenly.  https://ibb.co/QjrLw6R

Edited by m21sniper, Jan 25 2019 - 19:21.

Anoniponi #55 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 19:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19139 battles

View Postoldewolfe, on Jan 25 2019 - 15:44, said:

I'm guessing Yes....     Only because it was about 24hrs between Test 1 and 2 when they Updated the Changes to the Wheelies....     This is now 3 Days, saying to me, Pretty much Done....

So, whatever they Change between Test 2 and 1.4 Live is anyones Guess, but what we had at the End of Test 2 is likely what we'll get....

Thank you for the reply.. much appreciated! And yeah.... shame. I always thought they had 3 iterations of the test server before the update went live.

Jazz_4 #56 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 19:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5162 battles
  • [FURST] FURST
I hope this update is good I been playing the amx elc bis to get enough xp to get the tier 6 wheel French vehicle I hope its good also I wonder if their going to work on the  lorr 40 premium since it has wheels.  

ironguardian #57 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 03:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21285 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
URGENT! The Frontline mode should be running but it finished as it started?

pyrobomber #58 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 08:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 3954 battles
  • [ACE1] ACE1
There should be some way for people on the common test to purchase ALL premium tanks and test them out. That would be amazing war-gaming. Who agrees with me?

MrETanker #59 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 09:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21617 battles
  • [OOF] OOF
the whole point of the wheeled vehicles were about the speed and the boost mechanism. First they nerf the speed on the tier 10 then remove the boost function?? This tank (tier 10) is just awful.. Put the boost back in at least or buff the speed again. Make it one or the other! The boost of the wheeled vehicles and speed is the whole point to these.

Chi3fRSO #60 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 18:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 11264 battles
  • [12200] 12200
Whats the deal with not getting into any battles? I am in the garage set up, and as soon as it enters a battle I get booted. I deleted and reinstalled, and same thing. EVERY single American player I know has had that problem. Are we not allowed on?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users