Permanent Camouflage Question

camo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Taylor3006 #1 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2409 battles

I have a noob question about the permanent camouflages (Spring, Winter, Desert) that I haven't found a full answer to. If I mount all three "seasons" on one tank, will I have a camo on that tank no matter what map I end up on? In other words can I spend 150 gold per tank to always have it camo'd in a match? I bought a winter pattern and notice you do not see it on the tank if you are on a desert map so am thinking if I buy all three, then all the bases will be covered anytime I do battle.

Also after a match, can I demount the camos, put them on another tank, farm the first win reward, then keep repeating this procedure? Do players bother doing this or am I just being cheap?

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35077 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostTaylor3006, on Jan 18 2019 - 08:53, said:

I have a noob question about the permanent camouflages (Spring, Winter, Desert) that I haven't found a full answer to. If I mount all three "seasons" on one tank, will I have a camo on that tank no matter what map I end up on? In other words can I spend 150 gold per tank to always have it camo'd in a match? I bought a winter pattern and notice you do not see it on the tank if you are on a desert map so am thinking if I buy all three, then all the bases will be covered anytime I do battle.

Also after a match, can I demount the camos, put them on another tank, farm the first win reward, then keep repeating this procedure? Do players bother doing this or am I just being cheap?

You have to paint all 3 seasons to be covered on all map types (Desert, Winter, Summer). You only need to paint the hull to get the camo benefit. You can demount camo and reapply to another tank but beware not all camos are valid for all countries / tiers. 

You can use rental camos for 75k credits for 100 battles. 

Insanefriend #3 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 14:58

Captain

• Players
  • 45359 battles
Yes you need one camo pattern for each season to get the bonus effect.  Yes you can demount and move camo between tanks when the tank isn't in battle, though you can only move the camo to other tanks of the same nation.  Some camo can be used on more then one nation, but those are special camos.

Insanefriend #4 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 15:00

Captain

• Players
  • 45359 battles

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Jan 18 2019 - 07:58, said:

You can use rental camos for 75k credits for 100 battles. 

This is a option but I wouldn't bother with it on anything below tier 5, as rental camo gets costly for free to play accounts.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 15:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 13817 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Anybody know when they will enable paint mode for tier 7 ?

Project100 #6 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 15:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View PostInsanefriend, on Jan 18 2019 - 09:00, said:

This is a option but I wouldn't bother with it on anything below tier 5, as rental camo gets costly for free to play accounts.

It's easy to make back that 75K in 100 battles at anything above Tier 2.

Whether you actually want to PLAY 100 battles at Tier 3 or 4, that's an entirely different topic.

Edited by Project100, Jan 18 2019 - 15:46.

dunniteowl #7 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 15:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 30207 battles

As I play a minimum of 100 battles per tank (I'm on a mission) I get the rental camo from Tier I and keep going.  

OP, you have your answers from the other respondents.

As a FTPP I consider the 75K cost of a 100 battle camo set (covers all 3 seasons) a decent buy.  I don't know if you 'make your credits back' under tier IV, however I believe that any advantage you can provide yourself at those lower tiers is worth it.  I even place complex equipment on my lower tier units and have done since I started playing.

I am currently sitting on 31 Million credits.  I think my methods, ultimately, are the reason I have those credits, so...  get the camo, use the modules.

On lower tier units I placed the modules on the tanks and then, when it was time to move up tier, I sold the tank WITH THE MODULES ON THEM, as I had no gold to demount them.  When you sell the tank with the modules, you get half the value of the modules back in the sale.  At that point, I think of them as 'rentals' and do believe that, in the end, I make my credits back on the whole with increased earnings during that process.

YMMV

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jan 18 2019 - 15:53.

Taylor3006 #8 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 16:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2409 battles

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I am pretty new to Tanks (WoWS player) and I plan on using the camo on my Premium tanks that I have. Need to grind some credits and since I suck, am going to stay tier 5 and lower. I have a half dozen premiums I have accumulated over the years just by signing in or paying attention to what freebies Wargaming gave out in case I got the hankering to play something other than ships. Not planning on going past tier 4 with my tech tree tanks, figure it would be a good place to do a holding action and get my crew trained up and save credits to buy equipment for the vehicles. I got the KV2 with my token for finishing boot camp but after one match, realized I was in way over my head so keeping her parked. 

Thanks again for your help and look forward to blasting you all on the battlefield! 

dunniteowl #9 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 16:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 30207 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Jan 18 2019 - 09:13, said:

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I am pretty new to Tanks (WoWS player) and I plan on using the camo on my Premium tanks that I have. Need to grind some credits and since I suck, am going to stay tier 5 and lower. I have a half dozen premiums I have accumulated over the years just by signing in or paying attention to what freebies Wargaming gave out in case I got the hankering to play something other than ships. Not planning on going past tier 4 with my tech tree tanks, figure it would be a good place to do a holding action and get my crew trained up and save credits to buy equipment for the vehicles. I got the KV2 with my token for finishing boot camp but after one match, realized I was in way over my head so keeping her parked. 

Thanks again for your help and look forward to blasting you all on the battlefield! 

In light of this awareness, allow me to present to you, your very own copy of:

The WoT Welcome Package.

In this is what I consider the Core Essential Information for ANY New WoT player and ANY player who wishes to learn more about the game, no matter their WR or how many matches they have 'under their belt.'  All it is, is a compilation of the most useful, IMV, linked places to get the information on how to play and understand the game better for anyone.  I looked through many, MANY pages of forum posts, the Wiki and dozens upon dozens of YT videos from various personalities involved with the game.  I have shortened the New Player's search time by providing directed information.

I not only recommend it, I USE it!

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Project100 #10 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 17:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 18 2019 - 09:50, said:

On lower tier units I placed the modules on the tanks and then, when it was time to move up tier, I sold the tank WITH THE MODULES ON THEM, as I had no gold to demount them.  When you sell the tank with the modules, you get half the value of the modules back in the sale.  At that point, I think of them as 'rentals' and do believe that, in the end, I make my credits back on the whole with increased earnings during that process.

Along with this, if you buy your equipment when it's on sale and sell it when it isn't, you get back what you paid for it. So... Free Rental!

Of course, we just had a sale on equipment so it'll probably be another year before we see another one. Save your credits!

Rocker_Box #11 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 20:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8286 battles

View PostProject100, on Jan 18 2019 - 17:16, said:

Along with this, if you buy your equipment when it's on sale and sell it when it isn't, you get back what you paid for it. So... Free Rental!

Of course, we just had a sale on equipment so it'll probably be another year before we see another one. Save your credits!

I'm a FTPP, and cheap to boot. So when we got our last equipment sale, I had a list of the equipment needed for the tanks I planned unlock in the next six months and credits to burn.

I wish they would have another camo for credits special. I seem to remember one about a year back that I used to out-fit one of my rides. I was able to buy one set of camo for each of the three seasons, just once for credits... it was pretty sweet to get some camo I could move from tank to tank in the American line I was going up!  I keep looking, but I've only seen it offered just that once :(

I really like some of the historical camo, but not quite enough to pry the little bit of gold I have from my hands. So when I'm in the paint room I check out of habit to see if the offer has rolled around again. For all I know maybe it was just for new players, but it was a nice surprise at the time!

dunniteowl #12 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 21:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 30207 battles

View PostProject100, on Jan 18 2019 - 10:16, said:

True that.  I have a LOT of 'spare' modules from this and the last module 50% off sales.  As a FTPP, I am quite 'cost' conscious.  I believe in:

Patience

Preparation

Planning

and

Prudence

All those lead to:

Profit

OvO

(nesting on just shy of 32 Million credits right now, after spending 27.5 Million on Consumables/Modules)

Also tagged with camo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users