HOW TO FIX HTTP ERROR! SOLVED

solved fix http error mac critical error mac wrapper world of tanks

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

maldekstrulo #21 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 07:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 9 battles
Thank you for posting this. Absolutely worked to get me going. 

Lordolight #22 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 04:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 7535 battles
Thank you Gentlemen. Although you are also enablers so shame shame! I had almost kicked the need to tank

Obsidian_Steel #23 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 04:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 10003 battles
so I spent three days trying everything to try and get this problem to go away and I figured out that I actually had to go into the original .cfg file first and copy and paste the text so that the launcher could find the file idk if anyone els is having the same problems but this worked for me 

Velocity9x #24 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 05:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 49 battles
  • [DDLC] DDLC

It worked! Thanks!

dall89115 #25 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 18:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2161 battles

I had the refusal to download (and a couple of times actually let the entire download complete before giving an error message when I hit "Play". I finally used the "Studly Utility" app (V2.1 is, I believe the most current now) and deleted everything. Then I did a clean Mac version download. (Took a long time even with my fast connection, but the download is huge!) Fires right up and working fine now. We've had problems with updates breaking things on numerous "updates".  It usually ended up being some file corrupting somewhere, but it could vary by computer and download. A clean reinstall is time consuming, (start it and go to bed is my advice) but I have never had a problem after. Also make sure you are using the most current wrapper. (2.0.28?)

I won't get into what I think about their latest "update", which I'm sure is because some "premium players" complained that they spent all that money and then some "common person" with a ratty DD, or CV blew them out of the water. I was just getting the hang of DD torp runs and coordinating CV based TBs at the same time as taking out the enemy planes and now I have to learn it all over, with what it looks like will be far beyond real world AA capabilities on many ships. I don't play anything but Co-Op these days as I play for fun and not for competition. (more than 6500 games, so not exactly a newbie) I also stay in the lower tiers as the AI seems to go berserk at anything above Tier 5 and ruins the "fun" aspect.

I went through the competition and frustrated player problems that matches caused back in my WOT days. That changed to cheats very quickly, the game stopped being fun shortly after that and was deleted from my computer shortly after that! That's exactly what happened to WOWP before WOT, so I hope I'm not seeing that happening in WOWS too. It will continue to be fun unless greed once again becomes the driving force behind the game developers.

As I say with the arrival of each new "update": "We'll see if the game is still worth playing before tossing it out of my computer".

THE_BOOM101 #26 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 20:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6425 battles

View PostObsidian_Steel, on Jan 30 2019 - 18:38, said:

so I spent three days trying everything to try and get this problem to go away and I figured out that I actually had to go into the original .cfg file first and copy and paste the text so that the launcher could find the file idk if anyone els is having the same problems but this worked for me 

As I said janky fix. It hasn't worked 100% of the time for people I personally help, but World Of Tanks isn't officially supported on mac so I can't complain that messing with some files got it to work.

tnt0101 #27 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:04

Private

• Players
  • 17083 battles
I have been trying to complete these actions, whenever I do it correctly I never seem to get the game integrity to pop up under support for some reason. Any help?!?! 

5th_Panzer_Wiking #28 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 23:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 8099 battles

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 5.21.36 PM.png

Is anybody getting this error when trying to download the game? (see attached screen grab). I'm running Mojave.  Game was running previously on Mojave but had to do a clean install of the OS.

THE_BOOM101 #29 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6425 battles

View Posttnt0101, on Feb 01 2019 - 19:04, said:

I have been trying to complete these actions, whenever I do it correctly I never seem to get the game integrity to pop up under support for some reason. Any help?!?! 

In the top right corner of the launcher go into settings.

Go into the tab named SUPPORT.

Click the CHECK button for check game integrity.

If your saying that no integrity check is there at all I can't fix it but I can recommend deleting the game and reinstalling, if you don't know exactly how to do a complete uninstall you can use Studly's utility (google it another tanker on the forum made a utility for mac), or watch/read a tutorial? 

THE_BOOM101 #30 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6425 battles

View Post5th_Panzer_Wiking, on Feb 03 2019 - 13:27, said:

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 5.21.36 PM.png

Is anybody getting this error when trying to download the game? (see attached screen grab). I'm running Mojave.  Game was running previously on Mojave but had to do a clean install of the OS.

Make sure you renamed the file to WoTLauncher.cfg 

If you didn't do it right here is how in more detail.

Download WoTLauncher.txt (you can find this at top of this thread)

Rename WoTLauncher.txt  to WoTLauncher.cfg (this is case sensitive meaning all capitals need to be correct and spaces ect.)

Open Finder and go to your Documents folder, (the default one).

Open the WoT folder that is inside documents and put the WoTLauncher.cfg folder you downloaded in there.

A message will appear saying there is a copy of it already existing, hit replace, this will overwrite the file.

Once you did this and if the game successfully connects to the update server then proceed to the last step which is:

1 Open the launcher at hit play, if the text appears as little rectangles instead of letters continue the steps.

2 Close the game by pressing the command+Q key at the same time.

3 Open the launcher at in the top right of the window go into settings.

4 In the support tab of the settings menu there is a button labeled check, it will check and repair the game's integrity. (Press the button)

5 Once the integrity check is completed you can launch the game again and see if it worked. (It will work if you can read the text in game)

IF none of this works, reply again with your problem and the WoTLauncer.log file from the WoT folder, I may be able to help still.

I'm no professional or official tech guy.

5th_Panzer_Wiking #31 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 04:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 8099 battles

unfortunately when I download your .txt file it downloads as post-1013851522-0-38366300-1548089774.txt.

So I changed the entire name as suggested, placed it in the folder, but the file doesn't replace the old cfg file but just adds this new one.  Back to square one with the error message.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users