Jump to content


6 months later......

MM Rework

  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

So, some people may have forgotten about this, but I sure haven't:

 

https://worldoftanks...ums-perfection/

https://worldoftanks...tchmaking-0718/

https://worldoftanks...les-update-1-2/

 

So in 7 days, Wargaming will have reached the promised "Half a year (6 months)" time it would take to "fix" MM. Yet, there has be little actually done. There was a micro patch on the ASIA server, but nothing came of that. No updates, no releases. So, what is happening? I'm sure the player base would love to hear a new excuse to what is really going on. But, if you really do have a fix almost done, then we NEED to hear about it. The worse thing you can do to your player base, is to keep them in the dark. 

 

Will there be a change in 1.4? According to the patch notes, no. Even stage 2 has nothing changed. So, what is going on? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!


Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Jan 19 2019 - 18:11.


jamesdoz #2 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 39142 battles
  • 3,701
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    05-08-2012
AMEN

AverageWannabe #3 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7331 battles
  • 1,731
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018
They're still testing how much money they make with the MM changes on the asia server. If they can see that at least their wallets remain the same they're gonna change it ...for the best, for the worst? who knows, who cares. Cuz the only thing that matters is the money they make.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Jan 19 2019 - 18:15.


ColonelShakes #4 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16292 battles
  • 1,699
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016
Won't change much.  The problem has always been the garbage player base.

Hellsfog #5 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 38130 battles
  • 6,701
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

Really? You thought 6 months was a hard deadline so now it's time for tantrum posts?  I suppose you'd rather WG push some [edited]change out the door that makes MM worse? 

 

By the way, they are testing new MM templates on Asia and didn't WG recently post about template changes they are contemplating: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-2019-matchmaker-changes/

 

 



tod914 #6 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 64378 battles
  • 6,492
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostColonelShakes, on Jan 19 2019 - 12:17, said:

Won't change much.  The problem has always been the garbage player base.

 

As long as the bulk of my matches aren't bottom of the 3 5 7 manure pile, it will better than what we have now.  Frontline will alleviate some of that aggravation.  At least one week out of the month.

The_Illusive_Man #7 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostHellsfog, on Jan 19 2019 - 13:21, said:

Really? You thought 6 months was a hard deadline so now it's time for tantrum posts?  I suppose you'd rather WG push some [edited]change out the door that makes MM worse? 

 

By the way, they are testing new MM templates on Asia and didn't WG recently post about template changes they are contemplating: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-2019-matchmaker-changes/

 

 

 

I dont expect them to push anything. Rather to make the player base AWARE of whats going on. So far, its be almost total silence.

Hellsfog #8 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 38130 battles
  • 6,701
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jan 19 2019 - 12:22, said:

 

I dont expect them to push anything. Rather to make the player base AWARE of whats going on. So far, its be almost total silence.

 

And the link from 12/17/18, a month ago, isn't enough. What should it be, weekly updates? Just stop. 

The_Illusive_Man #9 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13326 battles
  • 4,299
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostHellsfog, on Jan 19 2019 - 13:24, said:

 

And the link from 12/17/18, a month ago, isn't enough. What should it be, weekly updates? Just stop. 

 

Thats from a THIRD PARTY. IE: NOT Wargaming. Also, the only things covered in that link was stuff from the other three links, that WG posted..... So no, not good enough.

ricko7 #10 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1778 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
Propaganda is common in that part of the world and its coming here too.

Christojojo #11 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:35

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34707 battles
  • 2,517
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jan 19 2019 - 12:07, said:

So, some people may have forgotten about this, but I sure haven't:

 

https://worldoftanks...ums-perfection/

https://worldoftanks...tchmaking-0718/

https://worldoftanks...les-update-1-2/

 

So in 7 days, Wargaming will have reached the promised "Half a year (6 months)" time it would take to "fix" MM. Yet, there has be little actually done. There was a micro patch on the ASIA server, but nothing came of that. No updates, no releases. So, what is happening? I'm sure the player base would love to hear a new excuse to what is really going on. But, if you really do have a fix almost done, then we NEED to hear about it. The worse thing you can do to your player base, is to keep them in the dark. 

 

Will there be a change in 1.4? According to the patch notes, no. Even stage 2 has nothing changed. So, what is going on? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

 

Lets go back to the early days of arty and mm. I think it would be fun to do that for a month so we can compare reality to reality and not fond memories and desires to reality.

Edited by Christojojo, Jan 19 2019 - 20:20.


GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 13,325
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jan 19 2019 - 14:07, said:

So, what is going on? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

 

Well SOME demand answers.

 

I don't need an answer, MM doesn't bother me much.

 

 

 

 

 

 



AverageWannabe #13 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:40

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7331 battles
  • 1,731
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 19 2019 - 14:36, said:

 

Well SOME demand answers.

 

I don't need an answer, MM doesn't bother me much because I am a sealclubber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There, fixed it for ya.

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 14680 battles
  • 13,325
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostAverageWannabe, on Jan 19 2019 - 14:15, said:

 Cuz the only thing that matters is the money they make.

 

WG is a for-profit corporation, should they be trying to NOT make money ?

 

 

 

 

 

 



Mondochiwan #15 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13970 battles
  • 215
  • [BOER] BOER
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

View PostAverageWannabe, on Jan 19 2019 - 17:40, said:

 

There, fixed it for ya.

 

Ba ha ha ha! Amen



Mondochiwan #16 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13970 battles
  • 215
  • [BOER] BOER
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013
I swear if someone comes to this forum complaining the grass in WoT is too green, George will tell them first of all the grass is blue, second they shouldn't complain about colour choices, and third WG are doing a fantastic job with this amazing game.

the_dude_76 #17 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 34030 battles
  • 4,970
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

Per your link- 

 

Block Quote

As you can understand, to find the optimal solution will take some time (about half a year) and we ask for your patience. 

 

Not exactly what I would classify as a "promise". Can anyone here criticize WG without using gross exaggeration??

 



AverageWannabe #18 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7331 battles
  • 1,731
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 19 2019 - 14:40, said:

 

WG is a for-profit corporation, should they be trying to NOT make money ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not saying that...what I am sort of saying is that they should focus a little more on the service they provide in the entertainment field instead of focusing so much on the money grabbing. In other words, they need to provide a good healthy service and the money will come as a reward. If they focus solely on the money the game will just die, eventually.

 

Edit: we come to this game for the fun, and this stupid attitude of trying to take your money at every single corner IS NOT FUN! It's annoying and of poor taste.


Edited by AverageWannabe, Jan 19 2019 - 18:54.


BabA_YA6A #19 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26382 battles
  • 1,593
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jan 20 2019 - 01:07, said:

So, some people may have forgotten about this, but I sure haven't:

 

https://worldoftanks...ums-perfection/

https://worldoftanks...tchmaking-0718/

https://worldoftanks...les-update-1-2/

 

So in 7 days, Wargaming will have reached the promised "Half a year (6 months)" time it would take to "fix" MM. Yet, there has be little actually done. There was a micro patch on the ASIA server, but nothing came of that. No updates, no releases. So, what is happening? I'm sure the player base would love to hear a new excuse to what is really going on. But, if you really do have a fix almost done, then we NEED to hear about it. The worse thing you can do to your player base, is to keep them in the dark. 

 

Will there be a change in 1.4? According to the patch notes, no. Even stage 2 has nothing changed. So, what is going on? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

 

Instead of an update on wargaming's  progress on how to improve the sorry 3-5-7 MM template we got more premium vehicles..LOL

the_dude_76 #20 Posted Jan 19 2019 - 18:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 34030 battles
  • 4,970
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View PostAverageWannabe, on Jan 19 2019 - 11:47, said:

 

Not saying that...what I am sort of saying is that they should focus a little more on the service they provide in the entertainment field instead of focusing so much on the money grabbing. In other words, they need to provide a good healthy service and the money will come as a reward. If they focus solely on the money the game will just die, eventually.

 

If the service they provide wasn't satisfactory to the majority they'd already have gone out of business. Your predictions would have already come true. The reality is that they, or and other business for that matter, will never be able to please everyone because there are too many people with opposing opinions and desires for the game. There will ALWAYS be people who are dissatisfied with one thing or another.





Also tagged with MM, Rework

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users