Return of players Incentive World of tanks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sarced #1 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 11:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 6398 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

Though I don't have many battles, my account it rather old and I do remember a lovely function that WOT used to use as an incentive for players who played the game, and it honestly made me try the german lien because of it. I'm talking of course of TankRewards.com, I honestly feel this program if reinstated will help a lot of f2p players at least get some rewards to help boost them along their battles, grind and experience all together.

I would love to hear the communities feedback and possibly WOT staff feedback on this possibility, please keep this as constructive as possible.

Thank you for reading,

Sacred.

shinglefoot #2 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 11:37

Major

• Players
  • 24334 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Tank rewards was great, I played so much when the pilot 1 marathon was on I won a free Patriot!!!

Good times!

Won't happen tho...

cKy_ #3 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 11:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1537 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View Postshinglefoot, on Jan 20 2019 - 22:37, said:

Tank rewards was great, I played so much when the pilot 1 marathon was on I won a free Patriot!!!

Good times!

Won't happen tho...

Yes it will.

Sarced #4 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 11:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 6398 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

But see it's always great even if they start it back it doesn't mainly have to be them giving free prem tanks I know many people who would be happy with decals, consumables. 

With some of the changes that come with 1.4 this can also added in to give 1.4 or 2019 a little boost in the player base

Edited by Thesacredone1, Jan 20 2019 - 11:42.

shinglefoot #5 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 12:10

Major

• Players
  • 24334 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostcKy_, on Jan 20 2019 - 06:40, said:

Yes it will.

Don't hold your breath...

BigTomka #6 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57461 battles
wahahha, take Premium ammo out , so you see NUMBERS  of players increase !!!!

nickdanger8989 #7 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 17:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 42957 battles
  • [-T-] -T-

I agree with the OP's post.  I miss the tank rewards program as well.  I received a number of my mid-tier premiums using the tank rewards program.  I would like to see it return in some fashion.  Perhaps rather than tanks every month, the rewards might be: tanks one month, equipment another month, and consumables the month after that...

One of the other events I enjoyed was the T44-100 event from a couple of years ago (fall 2016?).  I am guessing the tokens a player could purchase in the T44-100 event didn't make as much money for WG as the new scheme of 10-20-30% (and on to 100%) discounts on the new tanks (SU-130PM event).  The T44-100 event encouraged me to look at some nations and lines I hadn't yet.  

Oh ... and Frontline - I can't forget Frontline.  I'm looking forward to that event coming back in some form...

dunniteowl #8 Posted Jan 20 2019 - 18:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 26469 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Jan 20 2019 - 04:37, said:

Good times!

Won't happen tho...

View PostcKy_, on Jan 20 2019 - 04:40, said:

Yes it will.

From: November Community Update: Future of Front Lines, Tournaments, Tank Rewards and More

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Specifically: 

Tank Rewards

As most of you know Tank Rewards was placed on hiatus earlier this year with the move to Austin.  Re-building our team from a small skeleton crew to its present almost-quite-completed status has been rewarding but challenging, and unfortunately Tank Rewards has been one of the things pushed back in favor of more mission-critical items.  Having ascended to its level on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs last month, we took a long hard look at the tools available to us and have decided to scrap the old Tank Rewards entirely.  There are new in-client tools available to us that were not available at the time of Tank Reward's conception, and while it served the purpose nobly we think we can now do it better.  Tank Rewards 2.0 development is in full swing and (not to sound like a broken record) we hope to launch the first version early in 2019.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, yes, it will be making a return, hopefully by April (that would be up to the 'end' of "early in 2019."

I interpret this to mean that we will have a Tank Rewards IN-GAME function and we won't have to go to a separate website and login to access the information and rewards therefrom.

So, stay optimistic and maybe NOW is the time to ask them to be Text Relevant instead of all Graphical Only with their information.  I hate all the iconography as an excuse to avoid actually TELLING ME what's going on.  I don't want to guess.  There's a reason we don't use hieroglyphics for language today.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jan 20 2019 - 18:23.

Sarced #9 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 11:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 6398 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
lit ty for info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users