- - - - -

Update 1.4 Common Test Feedback

KRZY Tell me stuff Feedback 1.4 Common Test CT

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Update 1.4 Common Test (75 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to update 1.4

1. Yes (28 votes [37.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.33%

2. Nooooooooo (22 votes [29.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.33%

3. Not sure (25 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

If you haven't participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

1. New Vehicle Exterior Functionalities (7 votes [9.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.33%

2. Fisherman's Bay map changes (3 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

3. Changes to Wheeled vehicles (8 votes [10.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

4. Fixed issues. Improved multiple objects on maps. (20 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

5. All of them (13 votes [17.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.33%

6. None of them (24 votes [32.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

If you have participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

1. New Vehicle Exterior Functionalities (4 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

2. Fisherman's Bay map changes (4 votes [5.33%] - View)

3. Changes to Wheeled vehicles (4 votes [5.33%] - View)

4. Fixed issues. Improved multiple objects on maps. (9 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

5. All of them (8 votes [10.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

6. None of them (4 votes [5.33%] - View)

7. Not applicable, didn't participate (42 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

Did you participate in the Common test?

1. Yes (30 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Nooooooo (45 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:13

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3882 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Please submit any and all constructive feedback on the 1.4 Common Test Here. :D 

Spoiler

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Tell me what yall think!

Front_Towards_Enemy1 #2 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24160 battles
  • [MASH] MASH
just wondering when WoT is going to address the match making? since this is probably the biggest complaint.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 13895 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

The new player experience:

No reward for joining.

Complex rules for everything.

Bewildering choices to be made right out the gate: nations, types, equipment, consummables.

Toxic chat

Seal clubbers

Toxic seal clubbers

Fifteen billion kinds of game currency to earn, or trade or exchange or earn and exchange or buy. Or sell, or trade.

No knowledge of maps

Your bank doesn't want you to do business or have contact with anything Russian. 

Japanese heavies.

Russian Objects

Why can't I see the tank that is shooting me?

Edited by YANKEE137, Jan 23 2019 - 20:40.

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

Would you care to comment on this?

6 months later......

MM is the biggest issue in this game. I would like it to be fixed properly, but simply removing 3/5/7 as the priority till you do is the least I would expect..

ArcticTankHunter #5 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 18:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16638 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

I've watched video from Quickbaby and DezGamerz.

I have to say is the game already feels too slow for non-turreted TDs. If you are going to add wheeled Vehicles this fast.

I say the current meta TD tanks are useless against defending themselves right now.

I have been say this for a long time. These tanks are way too slow on hilly maps since the new LTs at tier 10. Now you have faster LT that are even faster. WTH WG. Catch up. Even Warthunder doesn't make these tanks that slow on hill climbing. Warthunder has the T95 and Tortoise. They don't actually feel useless in that game when it comes to speed. Heavy assault TDs are suppose to be really scary in real life. Warthunder already has wheeled vehicles before this game.

With wheeled cars added going 105 km/h. Non-turret TD needs the current changes.

1. "Increase Traverse speed"

2. "Reduction of Terrain Resistance"

3. Allow Camo net to stay on while traversing just like the Swedish TD(currently camo net is currently no viable for non-turreted and easily spotted since the new LT spot ranges and now we have wheeled vehicles rushing all the way to the bushes really quickly).

4. Heck since the new vehicles can storm very fast to the bush areas add back camo bonus for TD firing which was removed long ago. Now you don't even have to nerf the wheeled vehicles speed at all and less complains about E25 as the old system is back.

Current tanks the require this buff is the Entire AT line(including premuim AT15A), T28 tanks, T95, and Ferdinand line except probably Jgpanzer E-100(which only needs terrain resistance reduction) because it has OP side armor. This also include open top TD which are really difficult to play now especially the St. Emil. Slow tanks are always slow, they should be able to get to top speed faster.

I hate going up the hill at 9km/h with AT15 against all the new OP armor and high speed tanks. Make the cap to 15-16km/h now.

I'm also waiting for AA tanks to destroy scout rushers such as LT or the new wheeled vehicles which will complete the game. Warthunder has all vehicles types and perfectly balance classes.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jan 25 2019 - 01:15.

tod914 #6 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 64398 battles
Is there a projected date for the 1.4 release? 

jt1alta #7 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 19:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles

With the wheeled vehicles being so fast, I keep thinking the best counter is going to be everyone camping at base until the scouts are accounted for, then moving out to position. With quick scouting it will be harder to stage an attack and slow vehicles won't have a chance to get in position or under cover. Imho, any team who lets their arty die is going to lose if the enemy still has theirs, since there will be fewer opportunities to stage unseen. My other concern is many maps are just to small to do justice to the scouts.

I have not played the test server,but I lurk a lot, ( charter member,Lurkers Union local 909) I am not predicting doom just an interesting change.

Edited by jt1alta, Jan 23 2019 - 19:43.

BillDing1 #8 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 19:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7817 battles
WHEELIE BOIS!

Hellsfog #9 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 38269 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

You're poll is broken. It required me to vote in the "if you have not participated in CT" question to register my vote. 

Wheeled vehicles are bad, 105 pen HE memes aside. Even if they weren't pointless, they would be bad. They are basically faster, gimped light tanks.  There must be other, better free xp sinks out there.  

BabA_YA6A #10 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:15

Captain

• Players
  • 26384 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 24 2019 - 01:13, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Please submit any and all constructive feedback on the 1.4 Common Test Here. :D 

Spoiler

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Tell me what yall think!

All these updates are nice and dandy but the from wargaming required six month are up to address the matchmaking template!!!

Many other players including myself could care less about all the window dressing that comes with every patch.

Instead fix the abysmal 3-5-7 MM and look into to improve the horrid RNG to a certain degree.

PS. Would be nice at least to get an update on the possible MM changes.

BabA_YA6A #11 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:19

Captain

• Players
  • 26384 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jan 24 2019 - 01:32, said:

Would you care to comment on this?

6 months later......

MM is the biggest issue in this game. I would like it to be fixed properly, but simply removing 3/5/7 as the priority till you do is the least I would expect..

No comment on that hot topic for sure from wargaming's side.

Besides the usual lip service/ excuse!

Lutz #12 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 23:12

Private

• Players
  • 50008 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

I would not recommend purchasing\playing anything by Wargaming it has been nearly 8 years and they still REFUSE to make the matchmaking system in world of tanks anything other then cater to their top 1-5% player base and I highly doubt they have banned any of these people for the scripts/abusive mods/hacks etc. used by the above said types. There is no way anyone should have blue/purple status in regards to PR with the types of games the majority of us get. Plus the so called RNG in the system. 0/15 matches from any standpoint will discourage people from wanting to play/spend money on their product. Fair and balanced means I would wait longer for battles for people in my same pr range. But WG cant do that for the NA server because a majority of the original player base (10s of thousands) people have left. That's a lot of revenue lost for catering to the few purples/blue players WG. Potentially millions in revenue and the population has dwindled so bad the South Americans were moved to the NA server to bring the numbers up. These guys are okay they are just a few years behind some of us old timers. aka still learning tactics/tanks /etc..

I play still because I do have to much time/money wrapped up in a game that used to be fun. 0/15 matches should never have been the goal.

The same kind of thing happens in world of tanks, warplanes and warships.

Spend your money elsewhere.

Edited by Lutz, Jan 23 2019 - 23:14.

BabA_YA6A #13 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 23:31

Captain

• Players
  • 26384 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostLutz, on Jan 24 2019 - 06:12, said:

I would not recommend purchasing\playing anything by Wargaming it has been nearly 8 years and they still REFUSE to make the matchmaking system in world of tanks anything other then cater to their top 1-5% player base and I highly doubt they have banned any of these people for the scripts/abusive mods/hacks etc. used by the above said types. There is no way anyone should have blue/purple status in regards to PR with the types of games the majority of us get. Plus the so called RNG in the system. 0/15 matches from any standpoint will discourage people from wanting to play/spend money on their product. Fair and balanced means I would wait longer for battles for people in my same pr range. But WG cant do that for the NA server because a majority of the original player base (10s of thousands) people have left. That's a lot of revenue lost for catering to the few purples/blue players WG. Potentially millions in revenue and the population has dwindled so bad the South Americans were moved to the NA server to bring the numbers up. These guys are okay they are just a few years behind some of us old timers. aka still learning tactics/tanks /etc..

I play still because I do have to much time/money wrapped up in a game that used to be fun. 0/15 matches should never have been the goal.

The same kind of thing happens in world of tanks, warplanes and warships.

Spend your money elsewhere.

Having barely a 48% WR shows that you are a very impatient player.

It has nothing to do with hacks or cheats that people actually are better player and obviously have better stats then you.

You just need to pick up the pace and carry (at least your sorry butt)!

Dumping a lot of money into any game makes you not a better player. You need to understand the games in's and out's. Which you obviously don't!

PS. Many people I know incl. myself don't use any mods to play this game. But you just one more guy on this game who blames everybody and his mother for your own shortcomings. 

Avalon304 #14 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 23193 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

You need to reverse course on the wheeled vehicles. They are currently not suited for implementation into WoT in its current form. They are a bad idea right now, being added purely because theyre something new and shiny. Hold them back until we get bigger more vaired maps suited to their speeds or dont add them at all, because it will be bad for the health of the game if you add them into the current meta.

http://forum.worldof...e-game/#topmost

That poll surprised me, 70%-30% split against the new vehicles. If thats how these forums feel, that split probably exists across the entire player base here on NA, and to a lesser extent across the different regions. Do not add these tanks in. They are broken (even if you were to remove the speed boost). 

tod914 #15 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 00:16

Major

• Players
  • 64398 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Jan 23 2019 - 17:54, said:

You need to reverse course on the wheeled vehicles. They are currently not suited for implementation into WoT in its current form. They are a bad idea right now, being added purely because theyre something new and shiny. Hold them back until we get bigger more vaired maps suited to their speeds or dont add them at all, because it will be bad for the health of the game if you add them into the current meta.

http://forum.worldof...e-game/#topmost

That poll surprised me, 70%-30% split against the new vehicles. If thats how these forums feel, that split probably exists across the entire player base here on NA, and to a lesser extent across the different regions. Do not add these tanks in. They are broken (even if you were to remove the speed boost). 

What about just offering the Premium for now until they get the line better refined?  Could also introduce map restrictions for them I suppose.  The steering, especially on the tier 10 needs some major attention before release.  The Premium seemed to be pretty well sorted.

Mikosah #16 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

I still think the current scheme for implementing the wheeled tanks is so hard to balance because it goes so far against the grain of the current armor/coridor meta. A whole line with minimal durability, low penetration, low alpha, blind as bats (yet still inexplicably called 'active scouts' ) and gifted only in the area of mobility, and even so with many strings attached via the different modes, boosts, et cetera. There's really only two ways this is going to turn out, either they will break the meta, or the meta will break them. 

Make no mistake, I'd love nothing more than to have the current meta turned inside-out and upside-down. I've said so many times in the past. I really do want the wheelibois to succeed. But right now I'm only seeing a novelty. The niche they're actually meant to fill is extremely ambiguous. If they had good view range, then we'd call them dedicated scouts. If they had good burst potential or DPM, then fast skirmishers. If they had good penetration, then mobile snipers. But we currently have none of those things. The speed in itself is a thing, but in many cases it would be a difficult asset to leverage in practice rather than theory. Unicums will have a field day, they do so in any tank you give them. But when the dust settles, in all seriousness what do you actually expect the typical 48%er to do with these things?

But I do think there's some very easy and practical ways to make the concept work. Some of these may require the movement gimmicks be abandoned, but that may have been inevitable either way.

Option 1- Establish that the role of wheeled tanks is not to scout, but instead to deliberately pursue and kill poorly-armored enemies. Refer to wheeled tanks as 'skirmishers', buff their HESH shells, keep all other traits as-is. 

Option 2- Buff view range of both wheeled and tracked light tanks. Both active and passive scouting could use the help at any rate.

Option 3- A different variation of option 1. Significantly increase DPM, pitch wheeled tanks as a deliberate counter against slow heavies/TDs. 

Option 4- Buff base spread and penetration, market as fast low-alpha snipers. (Most players will treat them this way in any case, so why fight it?)

t8z5h3 #17 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 03:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 41208 battles
  • [-FU2] -FU2
i am really looking forward to the CPU changes

Avalon304 #18 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 06:27

Major

• Players
  • 23193 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Posttod914, on Jan 23 2019 - 16:16, said:

What about just offering the Premium for now until they get the line better refined?  Could also introduce map restrictions for them I suppose.  The steering, especially on the tier 10 needs some major attention before release.  The Premium seemed to be pretty well sorted.

No because the premium cant be changed if its released for money, lest the player base lose their collective minds over it. The entire concept needs reworking for the current game if any of them come out. Otherwise they need to be heald back until the game changes to better suit them.

Hard_As_Iron #19 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 08:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 17674 battles
  • [KLICK] KLICK

I mentioned this in a forum post elsewhere, but the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with 1.4 is the multithreading support. It's improved my WoT gaming experience so much, that I'm really not that motivated to play on the live 1.3 server, until the 1.4 update goes live on the regular servers.

On the 1.4 Common Test, I can run full/max graphics settings at 4k resolution, and maintain a 60-90 FPS, with no drastic drops in FPS when there is a lot of action going on around. This is very nice, and the game looks very nice at 4k resolution.

On the current 1.3 live server, FPS frequently drops to around 20 FPS with the same maxed graphics settings at 4k, it's unplayable, it gets so laggy and slow when the action gets heated. In order to maintain a decent level of gameplay, I have to run at 1440p instead to get the max graphics settings otherwise, and to have decent 60+ FPS with no dips.

I am running a 1070 Ti with an older 3.5 GHz Xeon 6-core (12 thread) CPU.

Hard_As_Iron #20 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 08:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 17674 battles
  • [KLICK] KLICK

FRONTLINE MODE: Please make this available outside of "peak time". I generally only have time to play this game between 11:00PM and 2:00AM PST. In the one or two Frontline battles I was able to participate in last time it was available, I really enjoyed it. But if it's only available during "prime time", then I probably won't have a chance to play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users