- - - - -

Update 1.4 Common Test Feedback

KRZY Tell me stuff Feedback 1.4 Common Test CT

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Update 1.4 Common Test (74 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to update 1.4

1. Yes (28 votes [37.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.84%

2. Nooooooooo (21 votes [28.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.38%

3. Not sure (25 votes [33.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.78%

If you haven't participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

1. New Vehicle Exterior Functionalities (7 votes [9.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

2. Fisherman's Bay map changes (2 votes [2.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

3. Changes to Wheeled vehicles (8 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

4. Fixed issues. Improved multiple objects on maps. (20 votes [27.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

5. All of them (13 votes [17.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.57%

6. None of them (24 votes [32.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

If you have participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

1. New Vehicle Exterior Functionalities (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

2. Fisherman's Bay map changes (3 votes [4.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

3. Changes to Wheeled vehicles (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

4. Fixed issues. Improved multiple objects on maps. (9 votes [12.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

5. All of them (8 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

6. None of them (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

7. Not applicable, didn't participate (42 votes [56.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.76%

Did you participate in the Common test?

1. Yes (29 votes [39.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.19%

2. Nooooooo (45 votes [60.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

sailorboy7982 #21 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 10:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21238 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
As much as I tried, I could never log in to the Common test. No matter what time of the day, was never able to.

RoyJBall #22 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 20:14

Private

• Players
  • 8779 battles
  • [3RGR] 3RGR
The biggest problem Im encountering is everyone wants to play tier 10s .. I was going to start at 6 on the new wheel line and couldn't get in to a match, but as soon as i got the tier 10 had no wait at all... So I cant give any feed back if I cant play the game from bottom up... So if you want testing or feed back you need to make it where all players need to run all tiers.... Out side of that the game ran smooth and the play of the new line could use some work on steering.....  

perera_eu #23 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 20:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9839 battles
I've been trying to get into the Common Test, but I can't. After the game launches and finishes loading it goes into a black screen and just stays there endlessly.

Sniper #24 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 05:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37691 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Still super disappointed about the boost being taken away. Just because it is difficult to use in certain situations doesn't mean it's too hard overall. The boost added variety to the game that i miss. I had not had that much fun playing WoT in maybe over 3-4 years

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #25 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 09:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36914 battles
  • [GST] GST

OK, so I just played the test for an hour or two. I played a few tanks that I don't yet have and maxed them out, and played a few I already have without upgrading them. The first thing I noticed was the FPS never dropped below the 119 setting. I have a 144 monitor, but have the in-game settings at 119 and V-sync enabled. SOLID 119. NEVER dropped below 119 fps. My CPU(OC'd Ryzen) and video card(1080) are both water cooled, and temps are a few degrees lower on both. The gameplay seems smoother. Maybe its fewer dropped frames, IDK,  but it seems more "fluid". It looks like the support for 4 and 6 core cpu's works. 

I have an older AM3+ based system with 660TIs in SLI and need to to test that out yet. Now I'm curious to see how that system works 

Overall, I'm impressed with the mechanics, but haven't played the maps enough to comment on those.

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #26 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 09:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36914 battles
  • [GST] GST
I also noticed it takes forever to get into anything but tier 10s. But that is the nature of the beast, everyone is running the top tanks for free. Get a 10 and roll, or wait, thats just how it is because of the limited number of players.

cloudwalkr #27 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 22:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55557 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Are you looking forward to update 1.4

1.  Yes
  2.  Nooooooooo
  3.  Not sure

I was until I found out wheeled vehicles were losing the boost function and then the reason given "the function is too difficult" is beyond insulting to me.

If you haven't participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

You can select maximum of 1 answer

1.  New Vehicle Exterior Functionalities
  2.  Fisherman's Bay map changes
  3.  Changes to Wheeled vehicles
  4.  Fixed issues. Improved multiple objects on maps.
  5.  All of them
  6.  None of them

I was looking forward to the boost function the most....but I'm being told by WG that it's too difficult so I will lose that feature.  BS

Most players don't understand spotting mechanics because they are difficult and somewhat vague - still in the game.

Most players don't use bushes or hard cover - still in the game

Most players don't use the mini map - still in the game

Being told that I can't use the boost feature (which was a huge selling point for me) because it's too difficult just about makes me lose my mind.  I could think of several ways it was going to be beneficial and if I'm good enough, and smart enough, to use it wisely when others aren't...that's fine because so many other features in the game behave in a very similar fashion.  

I'm more than a little irritated if you can't tell. 

So...no...I'm not really looking forward to this update anymore.  

Edit:  Has a mod even been back to this thread since it launched?

Edited by cloudwalkr, Feb 05 2019 - 22:25.

Hawk42 #28 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 06:38

Private

• Players
  • 16465 battles
  • [VETO] VETO

As to the wheeled vehicles, apparently WoT forgot about the original T-59 wolf packs.  Played my first round against a triple wheelie platoon and it was anything but fun, for anyone but them.  The match was over in less than 5 mins.  Get rid of them.  If you allow them you might as well allow Arty platoons again, if they were so unfair.

add edit... After reading the other posts, I did noticed that these wheelies never seem to miss even when they are at high speed, tried playing anti wheelie with the French lights, but the accuracy of the French light when chasing the wheelies did not match up to the accuracy of the wheelies running away from me.  I did just re up my premium account after not playing for a couple of years, and then the up date made me wish I didn't.  My advice to WG is to focus on more/larger maps and better match making maybe with only a two tier spread, or single tier games.  I have never heard anyone say they are leaving WoT because there are no new tanks.     

Edited by Hawk42, Feb 23 2019 - 04:08.

Glencolumba #29 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 17341 battles

I try to stay positive. I think WG does good work in keeping the game fresh, but wow, these cars radically change the way the game is played. Playing against them is not fun.

I'm not a top player...I'm OK, just a guy who likes to play casually. I love playing mediums. But on many maps, mediums and other lights are easily outclassed by these cars (at least in the hands of a good player) and can no longer perform our important roles in the game.

Somehow these cars can hit me with repeatedly with very high accuracy. I can rarely hit them. Passive spotting in advanced positions is almost impossible now. I can't reach those positions in time; I can't rely on TD support to eliminate cars approaching my hidden position because these cars are too fast and too hard to hit, and I can't outfight a car one-on-one because I can rarely hit them (while they hit me repeatedly)--they can circle me faster than my turret rotates. Now I just want to take my mediums and lights and crawl into a back corner and snipe--but that's not really my role.

Perhaps the answer is that I need to be a better player--well, OK, but I like the game, but if the game is only for superstar players, then I really can't compete.

I've been playing for four years. I really love WoT. But I am really struggling with the fact that my play style just isn't possible any more. I want to play WoT, but I don't want to play WoT with these cars in the game. It just isn't fun for me. 1.4 is a bitter disappointment.

radigaen #30 Posted Feb 08 2019 - 03:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 10730 battles
Been having a good time lately.  Matches have been fairly balanced and if they are off it has not been as bad as in the past.  THEN you roll out wheeled tanks. This is seriously broken.  I have never had a complaint about arty, and auto-loaders have not been bad enough to take to the the forums, but the wheeled tanks are just stupid.  Way too fast.  None of the other tanks can deal with them.  Trying to deal with them completely detracts from the fun, technical elements of the game. Ridiculous distraction that takes over the whole match while the wheeled tanks spin around in circles trying to kill each other to no avail. Forget camo ever working again.  I have been on WOT for many years now.  This feels like the death of the game. I don't pay money and keep this as my go-to game for this ridiculous crap.

WIRED143 #31 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 04:36

Private

• Players
  • 49522 battles
  • [2AFU] 2AFU

My opinion.

Since the update, the match making has completely tanked. It is either roll the other team 15-2, or get rolled 15-2. Before the update, there were some even matches, or close ones, now.....forget it, not even fun to play anymore.

Thinking of dropping the game after 48k matches, too bad, I really liked this game until this update.

Not going to renew my premium anymore until this is fixed.

WIRED143 #32 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 04:55

Private

• Players
  • 49522 battles
  • [2AFU] 2AFU

View PostLutz, on Jan 23 2019 - 22:12, said:

I would not recommend purchasing\playing anything by Wargaming it has been nearly 8 years and they still REFUSE to make the matchmaking system in world of tanks anything other then cater to their top 1-5% player base and I highly doubt they have banned any of these people for the scripts/abusive mods/hacks etc. used by the above said types. There is no way anyone should have blue/purple status in regards to PR with the types of games the majority of us get. Plus the so called RNG in the system. 0/15 matches from any standpoint will discourage people from wanting to play/spend money on their product. Fair and balanced means I would wait longer for battles for people in my same pr range. But WG cant do that for the NA server because a majority of the original player base (10s of thousands) people have left. That's a lot of revenue lost for catering to the few purples/blue players WG. Potentially millions in revenue and the population has dwindled so bad the South Americans were moved to the NA server to bring the numbers up. These guys are okay they are just a few years behind some of us old timers. aka still learning tactics/tanks /etc..

I play still because I do have to much time/money wrapped up in a game that used to be fun. 0/15 matches should never have been the goal.

The same kind of thing happens in world of tanks, warplanes and warships.

Spend your money elsewhere.

I really am thinking of wasting my time on a few other games I have. This game is not fun to play now. 15-2 or 15-5 either way is not fun.

RagnarokBazil #33 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 14:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24005 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 23 2019 - 12:13, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies! 

Please submit any and all constructive feedback on the 1.4 Common Test Here. :D 

Spoiler

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Tell me what yall think!

Return the EBRs 105 top speed and Return its Engine if your going to remove its Boost function -.-

ArcticTankHunter #34 Posted Feb 12 2019 - 22:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14735 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

WG buff Comet. I keep getting circled to death by wheeled tanks.

http://forum.worldof...e-powercreeped/

Why does Comet have the worst traverse speed as tier 7 medium. That is wack!

Even KV-13 has a better frontal hull and it traverse way faster.

77mm should be doing same damage as 17pdr practically using the same shells. Just like what you did with the 32pdr on Churchill GC.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 12 2019 - 22:19.

stryker122mm #35 Posted Feb 15 2019 - 12:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 38881 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jan 23 2019 - 18:13, said:

Howdy Boom Jockies!

Please submit any and all constructive feedback on the 1.4 Common Test Here. :D

Spoiler

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Tell me what yall think!

i think wg needs to do major fixing of maps. most maps have 2 much wasted space. also small maps need to be limited to tiers. Also arty on small maps make no dam sense.  wg  puts out maps with trash on them most tanks are not useful and waste of my time to play.  with the prem tanks they need to fix all the junk, gun handleing and also pen.   there should be no prem rounds. just a variety or rounds. the standard round which does decent pen and decent damage. the prem round would do more pen less damage, and the he round does less pen but most damage. that way  a player can have a variarty or rounds.  they say the put out new maps where are they. Frontline mode is nice to play on but arty should not be there since all players can get arty or some sort of strike.  and prem rounds should not be on that mode. that way it would make it more competitive.  and the same map as last year wth. are you out of ideas put in a new dam map. as for the tank lines you know this is a russain bias game and  they are op. there are more tanks in all the lines, wth. make it better. most us tanks are unarmored in this game and wg keeps making them softer and softer. as the russain op tanks are harder and harder. they jap line with the bs derp guns  and the op aromor on them like the oni and up to type 5.  the wheeled cars u put in have better view range than most lights. thought  they were supposed to be weak  in the view range but its the opposite on this. if you put in a fast car make the other tanks or atleast speed them up. to make it more competitive. wg is to focused on the bs and not what players would like. I get surveys all the time but wg never listens. always about the graphics and things like would you recommend the game to friends. in the past I did not know to much bs and not the things players want

ArcticTankHunter #36 Posted Feb 16 2019 - 04:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14735 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

Okay WG. What happened to the T95E2? I missed it. I want it! Referral 2.0 is still garbage(stupid expiry date) and no guarantee of 100% premuim tank.

I literally hate the referral program 1.0 for resetting my T95E2 chance. I had 1.0 Referral activated since it started come out. But, I don't have time to play every single day. So I did not expect there was an expiry date. This is the biggest turn off WG ever done. No websites or other video games have a daily reset on Referral programs. Dumbest move WG ever did.

Here we have Referral 2.0. Which sounds good. Again another reset every month so if you don't have time to play. Collecting points is useless.

Now we can choose a specific premuim tanks in the list with it resetting like the old referral program.

Here is a suggestion. Put T95E2 as Guarantee reward for collecting certain points with no reset. So even if you don't have enough points during that month to select a premuim tank. Those points will go toward T95E2 as 100% reward. Make T92E2 a credit booster. This will make a lot more old players and news player play the Referral program 2.0 more often as there is a guarantee premuim tank that isn't reseted every month. This should have been a thing. Just like Campaign missions it doesn't reset. The reason why I came back before is because I wanted this special tank that you can not buy. Having an expiry date turns a lot of players off.

I was going to say remove expiry date on the missions. But then you can select tanks now. So you don't need to change that, but, adding a guarantee 100% reward tank will make people actually play for something.

So far right now it feels pointless to play Referral 2.0 due to monthly reset making you have no chance to select a premuim tank as there is a lack of time to play it.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 16 2019 - 04:53.

23X3 #37 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 04:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 30154 battles
  • [SWRA] SWRA
need to give the ISU130 more pin s... pin if you see t10

sailorboy7982 #38 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21238 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
Fix the sound. I've had my sound drop out several times in game and then come back. Also increase the volume of the Commanders voice. It gets constantly drowned out by all of the other sounds no matter what volume level they are set at.

lmccl50 #39 Posted Feb 26 2019 - 20:57

Private

• Players
  • 23398 battles

sure wish you guy's would give all the maps back so the would be fun to play like us to but same old same old maps it not working you losing your cause you need get off your butt's and make some maps

jimbalaya17 #40 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 04:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 16392 battles
Gee, what happened to all the possible changes in the video released in December?  MM changes, eliminating team damage, etc. etc...….It would be nice to see some of those.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users