Suiscouting noob question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nick_Mikado #1 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 19:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7348 battles

So if I go out and spot a bunch of enemy tanks I get some XP from the damage done to them by team mates.

If i get shot up and die does the assistance XP stop or do I continue to get XP after I die.

The_Iron_Bullet #2 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21520 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

The assistance damage* doesn't stop until the enemies go unspotted. Once the enemies are unspotted you won't be able to get any more assistance damage from them.

BTW suicide scouting is not good at all. It doesn't help your team or your stats. It only helps the enemy team win faster.

Ndtm #3 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles
So long as no one else on your team gets in range to be able to spot them you'll continue to get assistance damage on them for the few seconds left till they either go unspotted or spotted by someone else

DUKE_AUTY #4 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:09

Captain

• Players
  • 40231 battles

Suiscouting is fun.

However it is rarely beneficial.

Don't ask me how I know.

MiddleAgedNoob #5 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 20:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19622 battles
  • [MARV] MARV
Note also the Radio Operator Perk, Call for Vengeance:  
Call for Vengeance Radio Operator The Call for Vengeance Perk enables the Radio Operator to continue to report enemy positions for an additional two seconds after the destruction of their own vehicle. If two Radio Operators on the vehicle have the Perk, the effect is not cumulative.

Primarily helpful for scouts.

As others have said, suiscouting is generally a bad idea as scouts and light tanks are often more useful end game than early game. That said, sometimes you do have to put your tank at risk, like when it comes time to dig out their bushed up TDs, or to counter scout.

GLHF

tow2_b #6 Posted Jan 23 2019 - 21:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

OP:

Once you get killed, your line of sight is broken to all enemies. At that point it takes 5-10 seconds for your spotting to end - until it does you will continue to rack up the assisted spot damage. The same thing happens any time you break your line of sight, e.g. pull back behind cover after spotting enemy - the spotted tanks will remain visible for 5-10 sec.

As others have said: suiscouting is terrible idea. You can be aggressive in scouting, and sometimes that results in being wiped - but at least you're trying to stay alive then. Don't suiscout!!

Nick_Mikado #7 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7348 battles

I'm not planning on suiscouting  but even at the best of times I can't resist shooting at a conveniently placed enemy.

I shoot I get spotted and as I'm trying to roll back into cover i get shot by three arty and four regular tanks and die.

I have to learn to keep my finger off the trigger

Edited by Nick_Mikado, Jan 24 2019 - 18:33.

tow2_b #8 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 19:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostNick_Mikado, on Jan 24 2019 - 12:33, said:

I'm not planning on suiscouting  but even at the best of times I can't resist shooting at a conveniently placed enemy.

I shoot I get spotted and as I'm trying to roll back into cover i get shot by three arty and four regular tanks and die.

I have to learn to keep my finger off the trigger

Yep, that is one of the most important (and hardest) light skills to execute on - not firing. Because you're frequently in a forward position you can't even pull back from bush to shoot safely (w/o losing bush camo), because the angles are different than someone firing in back. Pulling back at all can reveal the sides of tank! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users