xvm win rate wn8

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Norseskald #21 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 11:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22577 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD
i think win rate would matter if wot was a team game, been in to many teams where 1/4-1/2 die in under 3 minutes, not sure how others get their win rates above 50 pct, maybe its platooning or doing clan things, i really dont platoon or do clan things, (the clan im in is for myself and wife) so our win rates stay around 50 pct.

NeatoMan #22 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 13:01

Major

• Players
  • 28212 battles
Win rate.  Those other ratings come and go.   A quick look at the tanks played will let you know if it's legit or not.

Flarvin #23 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 55024 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Jan 24 2019 - 07:01, said:

Win rate.  Those other ratings come and go.   A quick look at the tanks played will let you know if it's legit or not.

This. 

The_Pushok #24 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 15:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16725 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

I do think there is a correlation though between WR and WN8, and that degree of playing is enough to influence enough battles to impact your WR. After thousands of battles lets say, I doubt you will see often someone with a 500 WN8 and a 50% WR and vice-versa. 

I looked at my own stats, my overall WR is 47.38% and WN8 is 723, average tier 6.74. My recent WR is 54.27% and WN8 1202, average tier 7.89. So just for my case, there is a correlation between the two numbers, and the improved/better game play I am sure has been a significant factor on winning many battles. 

GAJohnnie #25 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 10723 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Both are important.

Wn8 is a measure of your skill in game. However if you have high WN8 and low WR you probably a sit in back damage farmer not actively contributing to your team. Your damage farming is probably costing your team wins since you not contributing until the game is all ready decided

High WR but low WN8 indicates you not really contributing to the team and are merely being carried by the better players. You can inflate your Win rate if you frequently platoon with better players or happen to hit a lucky streak with a lot of good teams.

My opinion is I am wasting my time any time my WN8 for the day is less then green and my WR is negative. Needless to say, I find the game very frustrating most days. :teethhappy:

Copacetic #26 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 15:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48667 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Don't be so keen to rush up the tiers to 8,9,10, if you aren't ready.

ElPuffMo #27 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33399 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 23 2019 - 21:40, said:

Ironically, I had to edit my original post because I saw what Puffy wrote.  As I went up to grab it, I noticed the camo stiletto heel icon out of the corner of my eye, it processed, and then made me ponder, "Have I been wrong in my assumption?"  I typically don't pay attention to it - signatures catch my attention.

What I love about this now and what makes me chuckle more is this:  people are getting trounced by a woman in artillery.  Let that sink in.  We make jokes, and have for a loooong time, about women and online gaming.  And people in WOT gnash their teeth in their regards to artillery.  But, there is a bad [edited](am I allowed to say "chic" without pissing people off?) unicum woman just demolishing people in the game's most hated tank.  If that were me, there would no stopping the deluge of trash talk.

Put a smile on my face, more than normal.  Thanks for that!

Well, now, you've just made my head all big! You've put a big smile on my face!

Long story short: my husband & teen sons got me into this game, and I was determined not to look too stupid in front of them, so I watched and learned and discovered that arty best allowed me to impact battles despite my old, slow hands (but a keen eye for pattern recognition and teamwork.) I had never played any video game before, but when you start from knowing nothing, there's nowhere to go but up. I'm not a person that satisfices. I was honored that top clans were interested in my SPG skills long before they knew I was a female player. Best yet, they didn't care about gender --- only that I could help them win battles and was fun to hang out with in TeamSpeak. I found that most of the unicums are smart, fascinating people who are genuinely good people at heart. They have lovely, wry senses of humor and are most pleasant to spend a few hours a week with online. If people make you laugh and enjoy life and help you win battles in a game you enjoy --- that's the best combination!

I guess because I am ornery enough to speak my mind, but more like a doting Mother Hen to my friends and clanmates and to most of the WoT community, and that people know that I don't play arty maliciously, I can walk a strange, fine line largely immune to much of the arty trolling around here. I hope the community allows me to continue my trouncing with no hard feelings!  (Who wants to play a game without some decently challenging competition, anyway?!)

shaggy996 #28 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 23:07

Captain

• Players
  • 47905 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

since 3/5/7 MM win rate is much harder to maintain unless you platoon with other good players or play tier 10 mostly. 

You can only do so much as a bottom tier and since you can be bottom tier as much as 80% of the time... its very hard to maintain a 55%+ win rate.

sparango #29 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 23:56

Captain

• Players
  • 48329 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
I think winrate is more important. Then again I'm a Lombardi fan. "Winning  isn't everything it's the only thing " . I wish they would revamp the way win8 works. It seems like it can be squed by farming damage.

Boghie #30 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 01:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8736 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 23 2019 - 17:40, said:

Step #1:  Find a tank that you're comfortable in and stick with that play style/line.

Step #2:  Start by consistently doing X% of your health, let's say 75% at the start, in combined damage and assistance per game

Step #3:  Grow that percentage to 100% of your health

Step #4:  Grow your raw damage to 100% of your health, on top of added assistance damage

Step #5:  Reapply those steps to the next tank/tank line

Nice and concise.  Still working on Step #3.  

View PostElPuffMo, on Jan 23 2019 - 17:42, said:

You might not be getting as much damage as you'd prefer, but you are probably better than average at target prioritization and helping your teammates to stay alive. Some of those great qualities you bring to your battles are just not easily quantified. 

I have watched you on-stream (when a VLIN member is streaming a clan match) and you are one of the few arty players that really understand what your team IS doing and what the other team is LIKELY to be doing.  It will be an honor when, someday, I receive a sky gift from you - thus knowing with certainty that I was in the right spot at the right time doing the right thing!!!

CloudWalkr has helped tremendously in both my strategic and tactical game play.  It is starting to show - but as you say the Noob Debt is High.  Too High!!!

Edited by Boghie, Jan 25 2019 - 01:27.

ElPuffMo #31 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 01:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33399 battles

View PostBoghie, on Jan 24 2019 - 19:26, said:

I have watched you on-stream (when a VLIN member is streaming a clan match) and you are one of the few arty players that really understand what your team IS doing and what the other team is LIKELY to be doing.  It will be an honor when, someday, I receive a sky gift from you - thus knowing with certainty that I was in the right spot at the right time doing the right thing!!!

CloudWalkr has helped tremendously in both my strategic and tactical game play.  It is starting to show - but as you say the Noob Debt is High.  Too High!!!

That's very kind of you to say --- thanks! I still make lots of dumb errors, but at least I am recognizing them more often.

There just aren't too many people that have spent as many battles in sky mode as I have, I suppose, obsessively taking in every mini face-off occurring on the map. So I see things that others cannot. One thing that I have noticed is that unicums tend to go to the same places over and over --- these power positions are worth being in, as they give an advantage. I've also learned that it pays off to simply keep your best players (or best-positioned players) alive. Help out the guys in the best spots, and the tide tends to turn favorably.

Cloudwalker has done wonders for this game with all his astute observations and assistance he gives to others. Good egg. 

Anublister #32 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 01:46

Captain

• Players
  • 68797 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View PostKatzeWolf, on Jan 23 2019 - 22:16, said:

or am I just weird :P

You're just weird.

1/15 players. Random. If you have a high wr you're exploiting a game mechanic to get there.

Trauglodyte #33 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 03:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostElPuffMo, on Jan 24 2019 - 22:50, said:

Well, now, you've just made my head all big! You've put a big smile on my face!

Long story short: my husband & teen sons got me into this game, and I was determined not to look too stupid in front of them, so I watched and learned and discovered that arty best allowed me to impact battles despite my old, slow hands (but a keen eye for pattern recognition and teamwork.) I had never played any video game before, but when you start from knowing nothing, there's nowhere to go but up. I'm not a person that satisfices. I was honored that top clans were interested in my SPG skills long before they knew I was a female player. Best yet, they didn't care about gender --- only that I could help them win battles and was fun to hang out with in TeamSpeak. I found that most of the unicums are smart, fascinating people who are genuinely good people at heart. They have lovely, wry senses of humor and are most pleasant to spend a few hours a week with online. If people make you laugh and enjoy life and help you win battles in a game you enjoy --- that's the best combination!

I guess because I am ornery enough to speak my mind, but more like a doting Mother Hen to my friends and clanmates and to most of the WoT community, and that people know that I don't play arty maliciously, I can walk a strange, fine line largely immune to much of the arty trolling around here. I hope the community allows me to continue my trouncing with no hard feelings!  (Who wants to play a game without some decently challenging competition, anyway?!)

You need a t-shirt, Puffy.  I'm thinking "I am woman, hear me click!"  Would be amazing!!!

Edited by Trauglodyte, Jan 25 2019 - 03:24.

ElPuffMo #34 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 12:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33399 battles

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 24 2019 - 21:24, said:

You need a t-shirt, Puffy.  I'm thinking "I am woman, hear me click!"  Would be amazing!!!

LOL I will quit my day job and pursue this!

Also tagged with xvm, win rate, wn8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users