Aiming / LoS

Aiming Line of Sight

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Blacjac691 #1 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 06:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 955 battles

whether sitting still or moving my cross-hairs will not center on the target. They will either jump above, left, right, or drop below the target.

LoS problem is enemies will be right on top of me or well into the spotting range and will not show up till after i'm dead if at all.

Anyone else having these problems?

gpc_4 #2 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 06:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 43505 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
These problems are called "still learning game mechanics." We all had them to some extent. 

That1Villain #3 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 07:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25831 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

Most likely your LOS problems are due to you being a relatively new player and not understanding the camouflage and spotting mechanic. Every vehicle has certain points on it that are visible to other tanks, the top of your tank in the center and where the gun and gun mantlet meet are your vision ports. They have to be able to see the vision points and have to be within range of an enemy tanks vision checkpoints. As far as your aiming issues are concerned that could be due to packet loss, lag, or operator error.

Edit, you can auto aim your crosshairs by looking at a tank, waiting for the red silhouette to appear, and right clicking on it

Edited by That1Villain, Jan 24 2019 - 07:15.

24cups #4 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 24498 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Do you have the "server side reticle " enabled  ? Do it.

choSenfroZen_1 #5 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 21:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

I believe there are 5 points on vehicles, 3 or 4 of 5 have to be "visible" Within spotting as well as being free of camouflaging by wrecks, rocks bushes or buildings.

Moving lowers the criteria for appearance on mini map and the outline.

So , things can sort of pop out from seemingly no where. A lot have butched  their visibility reduction.. Gold bought cammo, nets, concealment training, training to improve  that training, on top of that add a directive.

Some aiming depends on remaining steady, so a mere twitch of the vehicle tracks throws off the aiming bloom.

Artillery has a current glitch with a similar symptom. 

http://forum.worldof...y-aiming-issue.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Jan 24 2019 - 21:55.

dunniteowl #6 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 00:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

Everything you need to know about spotting:  Global Wiki -- Battle Mechanics 

I have no idea if this will explain your 'aiming' issue.  Others have already pointed out that you should select Server Side Reticle.

Also I play on lowest graphics settings and I have to have a decent aim/LOS to get a 'lock' on my targets.  Additional to that, if you are using a Howitzer (aka: derp gun) your aiming reticle will 'bounce' and 'jitter' as your gun aiming reticle seeks to compensate for where you are aiming and where your target is (and how well you stay 'on target' with regard to the Red Silhouette) with respect to your gun's sighting.  This is due to the fact that howitzers aim more like an SPG type gun with a 'lob' instead of a more straight line of fire for the higher velocity rifle guns of other types of cannon.

OvO

Blacjac691 #7 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 05:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 955 battles

LOS problems are open field, with in the green circle, no bushes, one time right in front of me(less than 10 meters). I would have ran over them if they hadn't shot me, and they didn't show up till after they shot and killed me.

dunniteowl #8 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 17:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 31343 battles

View PostBlacjac691, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:06, said:

LOS problems are open field, with in the green circle, no bushes, one time right in front of me(less than 10 meters). I would have ran over them if they hadn't shot me, and they didn't show up till after they shot and killed me.

What Graphics Settings are you Using?

What Kind of Gun are you Using?

Which Unit(s) is the Occurring when Using?

Is it Consistent Across Your Units?

As stated earlier, if you are on lower/lowest graphics settings (like me) or if you have connection issues (like me) then your reticle can be 'jittery' due to poor graphics quality and not having sufficient 'pixel clarity' to get a good 'lock' on your red silhouette outline as well as it could be due to packet loss/lag, creating a sort of 'jumping' quality to your reticle via unsmooth transmission of information to your client.

I see this a lot, due to my lowest graphics settings, 9fps slideshow quality experience and a decidedly regularly 'skittery' ping rate that fluctuates anywhere from 78ms to well over 600ms, depending on weather, time of year (foliage in the spring causes havoc to my LOS to my tower 7.2 miles from my home as I am on wireless rural internet) and whether or not a bird might be flying right by :)  ) and time of day.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

sampak #9 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 05:19

Captain

• Players
  • 13043 battles
  • [DTD] DTD

View PostBlacjac691, on Feb 01 2019 - 22:06, said:

Sounds weird at best. Should be no reason why you won't see another tank out in the open without any bushes or cover 10 meters away (usually, I think). Enable replays to be saved for EVERY battle.  (They're barely 1 MB each) and then next time something strange happens, watch it again, and if all else fails, post it here for us to watch.

Can't do much other than speculate given the complexity of the situation and hearing about things that don't make sense without enough details. :)

Edited by sampak, Feb 03 2019 - 05:20.

StepChild_TO #10 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 06:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36122 battles
what kind of mouse are you using? wired or wireless. If wired, change the port your hooked into. If its wireless check for cross channel feed. Or check your dpi settings. If I understood what you meant for jumping around. Sounds like a mouse issue to me.

crasta #11 Posted Feb 03 2019 - 14:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7600 battles

View PostBlacjac691, on Jan 24 2019 - 06:23, said:

whether sitting still or moving my cross-hairs will not center on the target. They will either jump above, left, right, or drop below the target.

LoS problem is enemies will be right on top of me or well into the spotting range and will not show up till after i'm dead if at all.

Anyone else having these problems?

Yes,  I have played the last few thousand battles like this.

The mouse was way too responsive and I would be constantly moving just past, rather than where I wanted to aim. Up down, left right trying to find the aim point. lol.

Check you dont have your mouse sensitivity set too high. I had mine ~80% and now all is good ~20%.

In game not windows:

Settings ->  controls -> top right  check arcade aim and sniper aim. Turn down if necessary.

Edited by crasta, Feb 03 2019 - 14:32.

Waarheid #12 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 00:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16077 battles

View PostBlacjac691, on Feb 02 2019 - 05:06, said:

The proximity-detect range is 50 meters (even with no LOS), so this has to be a problem with packet loss. 

Edited by Waarheid, Feb 04 2019 - 00:44.

I_QQ_4_U #13 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 02:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 22869 battles
Sounds like you need to reinstall the game or check your connection.

DEADTIME #14 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 08:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13310 battles
  • [BETAS] BETAS

View Post24cups, on Jan 24 2019 - 10:00, said:

Do you have the "server side reticle " enabled ? Do it.

I doubt he has but you might mention Warpack, then immmediately insist no one uses it so we can laugh.

lAimBotl #15 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 08:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15950 battles

View PostDEADTIME, on Feb 04 2019 - 08:20, said:

I doubt he has but you might mention Warpack, then immmediately insist no one uses it so we can laugh.

??? huh what? turning "server side reticle" into warpack?

Its possible that you don't understand wot spotting mechanics, wot is more arcadey so tanks can "vanish" in the open if nobody is spotting them after 10 seconds,

if you are very close to a tank you will auto spot them no matter now crap your view range is or how good their camo is.

Zombie_Snuggles #16 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 12:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27183 battles
  • [SHEEN] SHEEN
Good luck OP, I can’t think of anything to add that hasn’t been suggested, I also had a issue with a over sensitive mouse when I started and it caused me aiming issues kinda like you describe.

However as far a enabling server side reticle goes, I have never played one second with it enabled so I don’t think that is your issue. Not saying you shouldn’t try it I’m just saying not using it doesn’t cause your mouse to jump around the target.

Also tagged with Aiming, Line of Sight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users