Jump to content


Obj 277 vs IS7

is7 obj 277 difference

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

REDENG #1 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

So I have both tanks but i like the IS7 better so I wanted to put this out there as a lot of people seem to thing the OBJ 277 is a god on the battle field.....

I am just looking at gun handling, mobility and armor.

Gun handling the obj 277 is slightly better with 265 reg pen, 1 sec faster reload time, .18s faster aim time but the dispersion on turret traverse is .2 worse over the IS7 making snap shots harder without aiming also the gun dispersion is .36 on the obj 277 and .38 on the IS7.

Mobility the IS7 is slightly better with 59kmh over 55kmh, .36 better spesific power, and all other values they seemed to copy from the IS7 to the 277 other than the one area the 277 is better which is traverse speed which is faster by 4.1 degrees a second.

Finally Armor IS7 takes this hands down with 10 more mm of frontal armor and better sloped armor too according to tanksgg fracing head on you can pen both the lower and upper plates of the obj 277 with at least 230 mm of pen where the IS7 upper plates require 290-310 mm pen and the lower plate 230 mm pen and side scraping the IS7 weakest plate is 260mm where [edited]the obj 277 is 180 at best making it a target for tier 8s.

This is just what I can find and i really see the obj 277 better is if you are a noob and load gold thus giving you 340 mm pen over the IS7 which only has 303 mm pen for gold rounds and if WG goes ahead with prem round nurf will that make the OBJ 277 obsolete? 

thoughts anyone?


Edited by REDENG, Jan 24 2019 - 18:21.


BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 37997 battles
  • 4,074
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
I also like the is-7 better. Plus the is-7 uses apcr, to where the 277 uses heat. But I'm just a baddie, so what do I know.

Twitch_pumpkin1131 #3 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18694 battles
  • 48
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013

The is7 has a pike nose making aroumer horrible at certain angles.

The mobility of the 277 is hands down better, its faster than some tier 10 mediums.

and the gun isnt craplike the  gun on the is7.

theres a reason why clans are looking for people in 277's, because its meta.



F4U_wingman #4 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 18:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 84265 battles
  • 910
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013

View Postpumpkin1131, on Jan 24 2019 - 09:33, said:

theres a reason why clans are looking for people in 277's, because its meta.

 

I don't think so... it's a tank plan and simple..

Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. ... In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.



Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #5 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 20:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37349 battles
  • 330
  • [GST] GST
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

As far as "noobs using gold rounds", GET OVER IT. War is not fair, and wars have been won and lost based on economics and who could afford the better weapons forever. Thats just how it is. If you can't afford the weapons the other guy has, thats your own fault. Stop buying up every tank in the game and save some of that money to fire some better shells when you need to. If the other guy is firing gold rounds, well, apparently he can afford it. It might cost him economically in the long run, but theres nothing "noob" about that. He might just have a more "win at any cost" mentality than you do. I carry gold rounds on every single tank, and I'm not afraid to use them, because I know the other guy will probably use them on me, but I won't cry about it and call him a noob if he does. If he uses a gold round on me, I'll try to return the favor with 4 or 5 of my own. 



YANKEE137 #6 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 20:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12961 battles
  • 5,677
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
is-7 is far from obsolete but yes, the 277 is currently very popular with the lads.

Benjeeh_CA #7 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 21:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30462 battles
  • 955
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View PostF4U_wingman, on Jan 24 2019 - 09:54, said:

 

I don't think so... it's a tank plan and simple..

Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. ... In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.

 

Meta gaming in games like this  is more of what's the powerful strategy or combination 



REDENG #8 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 21:33

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

View Postpumpkin1131, on Jan 24 2019 - 18:33, said:

The is7 has a pike nose making aroumer horrible at certain angles.

The mobility of the 277 is hands down better, its faster than some tier 10 mediums.

and the gun isnt craplike the  gun on the is7.

theres a reason why clans are looking for people in 277's, because its meta.

 

Dude were you not paying attention?

The only difference in mobility between the IS7 and OBJ 277 is how fast they turn if anything the IS7 is faster than the 277 by 4kmh



REDENG #9 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 21:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Jan 24 2019 - 20:42, said:

As far as "noobs using gold rounds", GET OVER IT. War is not fair, and wars have been won and lost based on economics and who could afford the better weapons forever. Thats just how it is. If you can't afford the weapons the other guy has, thats your own fault. Stop buying up every tank in the game and save some of that money to fire some better shells when you need to. If the other guy is firing gold rounds, well, apparently he can afford it. It might cost him economically in the long run, but theres nothing "noob" about that. He might just have a more "win at any cost" mentality than you do. I carry gold rounds on every single tank, and I'm not afraid to use them, because I know the other guy will probably use them on me, but I won't cry about it and call him a noob if he does. If he uses a gold round on me, I'll try to return the favor with 4 or 5 of my own. 

 

What i mean by noob is playing with the mentality that i will use only gold because it gives me an edge where as experienced players who want the challenge from the game will use them sparingly and not as the main and only source of ammo. I dont care if people spam it after all most of the time they would of penned me anyways so at the end of they day noobs are the ones in it for the damage not for the challenge

REDENG #10 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 21:41

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

I think from what everyone has said makes me realize the Obj 277 is meta because its kinda like the IS7 but better Prem pen making games easier to get damage.

so it will be interesting to see what happens to the tank after WG plays with prem rounds.



Twitch_pumpkin1131 #11 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 22:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18694 battles
  • 48
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013
oh my I cant deal with the stupidity of this post....

lAimBotl #12 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 23:29

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15950 battles
  • 116
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View PostREDENG, on Jan 24 2019 - 18:15, said:

So I have both tanks but i like the IS7 better so I wanted to put this out there as a lot of people seem to thing the OBJ 277 is a god on the battle field.....

I am just looking at gun handling, mobility and armor.

Gun handling the obj 277 is slightly better with 265 reg pen, 1 sec faster reload time, .18s faster aim time but the dispersion on turret traverse is .2 worse over the IS7 making snap shots harder without aiming also the gun dispersion is .36 on the obj 277 and .38 on the IS7.

Mobility the IS7 is slightly better with 59kmh over 55kmh, .36 better spesific power, and all other values they seemed to copy from the IS7 to the 277 other than the one area the 277 is better which is traverse speed which is faster by 4.1 degrees a second.

Finally Armor IS7 takes this hands down with 10 more mm of frontal armor and better sloped armor too according to tanksgg fracing head on you can pen both the lower and upper plates of the obj 277 with at least 230 mm of pen where the IS7 upper plates require 290-310 mm pen and the lower plate 230 mm pen and side scraping the IS7 weakest plate is 260mm where [edited]the obj 277 is 180 at best making it a target for tier 8s.

This is just what I can find and i really see the obj 277 better is if you are a noob and load gold thus giving you 340 mm pen over the IS7 which only has 303 mm pen for gold rounds and if WG goes ahead with prem round nurf will that make the OBJ 277 obsolete? 

thoughts anyone?

Wat?, what would the is-7 become?

 

I would argue the 277 is for more skilled players.

and a quote from myself from another is-7 vs 277 post:

"

The is-7 has less pen (250 pen), slower aimtime (2.78) , less accuracy (0.38), worse gun handling while moving and turning the turret, better hull armor (but then most just hit your lp and pen), better p/w (but hidden stats make it worse), better top speed (59.6) (you really only reach it down hills), worse terrain resistances) no turret weak spot (unless you face hug tall tanks) (250 front turret armor) worse dpm (2237), higher chance to catch fire (15%).

 

The obj 277 has More pen (265, +15 over is-7), faster aimtime (2.59), better accuracy (0.36), better gun handling on the move and while turning the turret, worse armor with a turret weak spot (its tiny though, and I have used it to bait shots.), better base turret armor (290 in front), worse top speed (55), but it can reach it on flat ground, better dpm (2452), lower chance to catch fire (12% chance)."

 



lAimBotl #13 Posted Jan 24 2019 - 23:30

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15950 battles
  • 116
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View PostREDENG, on Jan 24 2019 - 21:41, said:

I think from what everyone has said makes me realize the Obj 277 is meta because its kinda like the IS7 but better Prem pen making games easier to get damage.

so it will be interesting to see what happens to the tank after WG plays with prem rounds.

I only use ap, unless I have to use prem.

 

(also it has better ap pen with better gun stats, not just cuz " prem runds gud " )


Edited by lAimBotl, Jan 24 2019 - 23:31.


REDENG #14 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 03:05

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015

View PostlAimBotl, on Jan 24 2019 - 23:29, said:

Wat?, what would the is-7 become?

 

I would argue the 277 is for more skilled players.

and a quote from myself from another is-7 vs 277 post:

"

The is-7 has less pen (250 pen), slower aimtime (2.78) , less accuracy (0.38), worse gun handling while moving and turning the turret, better hull armor (but then most just hit your lp and pen), better p/w (but hidden stats make it worse), better top speed (59.6) (you really only reach it down hills), worse terrain resistances) no turret weak spot (unless you face hug tall tanks) (250 front turret armor) worse dpm (2237), higher chance to catch fire (15%).

 

The obj 277 has More pen (265, +15 over is-7), faster aimtime (2.59), better accuracy (0.36), better gun handling on the move and while turning the turret, worse armor with a turret weak spot (its tiny though, and I have used it to bait shots.), better base turret armor (290 in front), worse top speed (55), but it can reach it on flat ground, better dpm (2452), lower chance to catch fire (12% chance)."

 

 

Look at this.

red is 277 is worse

Green is 277 is better

White they are the same

according to this what am i missing?



RC_1140 #15 Posted Jan 25 2019 - 04:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 62563 battles
  • 2,658
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013
Also on paper 277 is slower with worse hp/t and the same terrain resistance, but it reaches 55 on flat ground and the is-7 doesn't. So pretty much is-7 just has better hp and kinda armor. 

REDENG #16 Posted Jan 26 2019 - 06:22

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 27265 battles
  • 79
  • [REDU] REDU
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015
I feel like i need to find someone to race me IS7 vs 277 lol

lAimBotl #17 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 08:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15950 battles
  • 116
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View PostREDENG, on Jan 26 2019 - 06:22, said:

I feel like i need to find someone to race me IS7 vs 277 lol

 

I got around 5 crew skilz in my 277 .

 







Also tagged with is7, obj 277, difference

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users