• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 17:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14187 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers,

Thank you to everyone who has used the Wargaming Game Center Launcher and provided us with a wealth of valuable feedback.

Today, WGC is actually the primary platform for delivering updates for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and other fine Wargaming Titles; 

We've made quite a few improvements since WGC first went into Beta, so if you haven't checked it out in a while, now might be the time to give WGC another try.

To read about the new features, check out this article!

Love it, hate it, don't care... we want to hear your opinions!

Please leave your suggestions and feedback below.

Edited by DomoSapien, Jan 28 2019 - 17:54.

Chyviel #2 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 18:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 537 battles
  • [COCKY] COCKY
I think its a good thing to have only thing I dont like is if you have multiple WG games you want to play wot you have to stop the other downloads of the other games, it shouldnt download till I click it to download im sure there is a feature to fix this, and Ill find it, thats about the only issue I see with it

DomoSapien #3 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 18:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14187 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostChyviel, on Jan 28 2019 - 11:04, said:

I think its a good thing to have only thing I dont like is if you have multiple WG games you want to play wot you have to stop the other downloads of the other games, it shouldnt download till I click it to download im sure there is a feature to fix this, and Ill find it, thats about the only issue I see with it

If you click the settings icon on the lefthand side of the launcher (gear/cog icon) then click the 'updates' dropdown and uncheck "automatically update installed games."

This will make it so that you need to manually start updating each title. Downside is that your games won't always be up-to-date and ready to play, but it'll prevent you from running into the issue where you need to pause all your downloads to launch the game.

Dead_Zombie #4 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 39504 battles

not a fan of it, just another program to run in the background that isn't needed.

dont_ping_me #5 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 80038 battles
So this fixes MM?

latvius #6 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 18:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29961 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
Thank you for putting in the preferred server option, I also had not seen the close when I close the game that's nice!

TeamTerrible #7 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4096 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

We avoid using the game center at all costs...............

Just yesterday one of my guys wanted to download Tanks and Ships and when i told them do not to use the game center they decided to risk it.....

About an hour and a half later i received a pm asking for the old setup files because my member was stuck at 17% on their 1st download.

Once they removed the game center and started all over again the updates were applied with ease and life was good again.

I should send an invoice to WG for all of the work your game center puts me through.

Kegbane #8 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 19:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8638 battles
  • [V1KNG] V1KNG
Not a fan. I do not want to use the game center. I uninstalled ships because I don't like the game center.

Ramsalot #9 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 20:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26869 battles
HUGELY not a fan.  By the way there's no way to go back to individual game launchers once you install WGC.  I actually had to completely uninstall both tanks and warships, and install each game from scratch to get the old launchers.  That took a long, long time.  Thanks WG!

tod914 #10 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 61822 battles
The gaming center is the reason I do not have Warships nor Airplanes installed on my computer.  It runs in the background.  It's a resource hog.  And, it's not needed.

BattlecryGWJ #11 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 20:33

Major

• Players
  • 35313 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

The resource utilization seems rather high for what it is,  If my computer is idling its pretty consistently the top resource user and I wouldn't expect the game center to be using more resources at idle than something like Steam, at least if both applications are idling and neither one is updating an installed game.

I've also run into issues where WGC is running updates and just hammering on my disk I/O to the point where by machine is having issues doing much else.  It would be nice if there was some intelligent throttling on that so it doesn't make me want to remove it to prevent performance hits when I'm trying to do something else.

Finally, maybe I missed the setting, but why is it that when I right click on the icon in the system tray and select one of the games, it launches the WGC and takes me to that game's tab instead of launching the actual game I want to play?  If you're trying to force me to go through the jump screen so that I get news or something, why not put more effort into presenting that information from within the game client itself?

Insanefriend #12 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41949 battles
As someone that has never used the Wgc what benefit is there to me vs the the normal WoT launcher that makes it worth trying to find the download and change over to it?  I don't play any other Wargamming games, only have one account, get defaulted to the right server 99% of the time on NA, don't have dial up so updates are fast enough.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jan 28 2019 - 20:56.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 21:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 26002 battles

View Posttod914, on Jan 28 2019 - 13:21, said:

The gaming center is the reason I do not have Warships nor Airplanes installed on my computer.  It runs in the background.  It's a resource hog.  And, it's not needed.

^THIS.

I have an old computer and I have to manually go in and shut down all of these weird background programs in order to run Teamspeak3 and WoT smoothly.  I do not need anything updating or running in the background while I play.  I do not like the Center and hope that you guys eventually do away with it.  Wouldn't mind playing Planes every now and then but then I'd have to deal with more junk I don't need.

Avalon304 #14 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 21204 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

GameCenter is pretty good. Been using it since it was in Beta, never had a single issue. Works well. Doesnt appear to use any more resources than any other program (140MB at idle). Doesnt run in the background (because I know how to look in an applications settings to stop stuff like that from happening). Makes it easy to move installations of games if I need to move them off the drive. Wish the CT would switch to using game center just like WoWs has. (Also wish WG would block the old launcher from updating the game at all, just to mess with people who keep using oild unsupported software).

Altwar #15 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 56344 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
Game Center works fine by me.  I turn on my PC, let the center check for updates and it makes those happen while I am checking email.  When I am ready to play, my games are up to date and ready to go.  If I notice any slowdowns (rare, and I have a 3 year old off the shelf Dell from Costco), I turn off the GC and other programs I have going to see if I can find a guilty culprit. I think an improvement would be to add the Common Test platform so the updates can be managed there as well.  

The_Illusive_Man #16 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 22:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 12927 battles

View Posttod914, on Jan 28 2019 - 15:21, said:

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 28 2019 - 16:12, said:

^THIS.

I have an old computer and I have to manually go in and shut down all of these weird background programs in order to run Teamspeak3 and WoT smoothly.  I do not need anything updating or running in the background while I play.  I do not like the Center and hope that you guys eventually do away with it.  Wouldn't mind playing Planes every now and then but then I'd have to deal with more junk I don't need.

There is a setting that when you close the window, it closes the program. Pretty standard now.

spedkey #17 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 22:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15618 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
I don't need a piece of resource-consuming intrusive software to play a game. Even the old simple launcher was too much.

BabA_YA6A #18 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 22:58

Captain

• Players
  • 26305 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 29 2019 - 01:18, said:

If you click the settings icon on the lefthand side of the launcher (gear/cog icon) then click the 'updates' dropdown and uncheck "automatically update installed games."

This will make it so that you need to manually start updating each title. Downside is that your games won't always be up-to-date and ready to play, but it'll prevent you from running into the issue where you need to pause all your downloads to launch the game.

How about doing something with the abysmal 3-5-7 matchmaking instead of creating more useless unneeded stuff?

BabA_YA6A #19 Posted Jan 28 2019 - 23:00

Captain

• Players
  • 26305 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postlatvius, on Jan 29 2019 - 01:30, said:

Thank you for putting in the preferred server option, I also had not seen the close when I close the game that's nice!

The preferred server option was already available with the old set up. Besides the point we only have really one server in north america.

The latham server for my taste has way to much lag!

IronPanterloons #20 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 00:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3493 battles

I didn't used to like the new launcher at all, but that was on a laptop when I would have to manually shut it down to gain a little more processing speed for the game.

Now that it's just a checkbox away to have that happen automatically (why are people having trouble with this?), it's pretty good.

I've never had issues with updates screwing up, but everybody's hardware is different and there are a lot of screwy internet setups out there.

I like that I can skim all the news there without having to start up my browser and then shut IT down again.

People must not be looking at the setup options at all, or didn't read the article. It's all in the details.

For me it's a good thing.

I will say that I do have a shortcut for the game itself on my desktop so I can bypass the launcher if I've already read all the news I want to for the day and I had to shut the game down for some reason earlier.

Edited by IronPanterloons, Jan 29 2019 - 00:39.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users