Camo and " Save the lite tanks movement"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ECA #1 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 05:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11920 battles

http://www.wotinfo.n...stationary_desc

Did a search and sort of best camo, Out of TOP 60...1 light tank..

Tank destroyers and Medium tanks..

There is nothing that Light tanks get, that makes them better, EXCEPT, they keep camo while moving..BUT IF YOU FIRE you are a LARGE TARGET...

(hate those idiots that Sit next to you, and shoot Which lites up everything in 15m area.)

KingofDragons #2 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 05:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24161 battles
i have TDs that have better camo.. Would extra camo make them a lil to good ?

NomaeTheJester #3 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 05:35

Captain

• Players
  • 14906 battles

View PostECA, on Jan 29 2019 - 05:10, said:

http://www.wotinfo.n...stationary_desc

Did a search and sort of best camo, Out of TOP 60...1 light tank..

Tank destroyers and Medium tanks..

There is nothing that Light tanks get, that makes them better, EXCEPT, they keep camo while moving..BUT IF YOU FIRE you are a LARGE TARGET...

(hate those idiots that Sit next to you, and shoot Which lites up everything in 15m area.)

I think you are severely underestimating how powerful it is to have good camo on the move. And if you are firing, on the move, while you are unspotted and in a place you might get shot, you are doing it wrong. Don't do that.

Secondly, people firing near you won't light you up. You might get shot as people try to shoot the guy next to you, but you won't get spotted. That isn't how the 15m rule works. The 15 meters is how far away bushes become worthless for the one who fired. They still work for you.

I'm not saying lights don't need a bit of a buff here and there, I'm just saying that camo probably isn't what needs to be buffed.

Edited by NomaeTheJester, Jan 29 2019 - 05:36.

gpc_4 #4 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 06:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 43029 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Almost all of those are TDs which have a playstyle based on range and camo. This does not seem surprising. Do you really think a LT should be able to move at full speed and fire their gun without getting spotted? LT gameplay rewards experienced, team oriented players that understand game mechanics. Part of what makes them enjoyable is balancing their weaknesses and strengths. 

ECA #5 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 05:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11920 battles

View PostNomaeTheJester, on Jan 28 2019 - 21:35, said:

I think you are severely underestimating how powerful it is to have good camo on the move. And if you are firing, on the move, while you are unspotted and in a place you might get shot, you are doing it wrong. Don't do that.

Secondly, people firing near you won't light you up. You might get shot as people try to shoot the guy next to you, but you won't get spotted. That isn't how the 15m rule works. The 15 meters is how far away bushes become worthless for the one who fired. They still work for you.

I'm not saying lights don't need a bit of a buff here and there, I'm just saying that camo probably isn't what needs to be buffed.

not posting this as a buff notice...Im posting because MANY, esp beginner think that they have GREAT camo..  And they WONT get that great camo..

AND to wonder HOW good is this idiot next to me, and his camo..  Am I going to get SHOT because he got spotted?

ECA #6 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 06:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11920 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Jan 28 2019 - 22:58, said:

Almost all of those are TDs which have a playstyle based on range and camo. This does not seem surprising. Do you really think a LT should be able to move at full speed and fire their gun without getting spotted? LT gameplay rewards experienced, team oriented players that understand game mechanics. Part of what makes them enjoyable is balancing their weaknesses and strengths. 

"Yes and know..

1. cheap guns...cant pen much.

2. The only ones that should know he fired are those in that range and direction...He didnt aim at anyone else for them to see it..

3. he dont have the best camo, not even close, the BEST LT camo is the Even 90, at the bottom of that list of 60..  Even some heavies have great camo..

I have always had a problem with view range..and think its abit stupid on a map a person can stand in the middle and see Every side of the map..

ECA #7 Posted Jan 31 2019 - 03:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11920 battles
And most arty have to move, just to AIM...and loose that 30-40% camo down 20-30 points..

ECA #8 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11920 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Jan 28 2019 - 22:58, said:

I looked it up again as its changed....And LT loose 1/2 the camo when they move..and 5% if you shoot....so you aint any better then TD..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users