WG: Spring Colors, Camo & Cash Opportunity!

Camo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 16:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 25972 battles

Dear Wargaming NA,

Every day, I try to figure out ways to keep you guys & gals happily employed here in Texas and relevant with the Wargaming home office.  The obvious way to make that happen is to introduce new ideas that can generate $$ for Mother Russia Wargaming RU.  So here's an idea: Have a week long Camouflage Extravaganza to celebrate the colors (or colours for the Canadians) of Spring! 

Besides putting all the Exterior Modifications on sale in-game, you could sell Preset Styles that can go on all tier tanks.  However, when I say "sale," I don't mean 1,750 Gold for things like the Black Friday or Thanksgiving Day camos.  That's $9 worth of camo and totally not worth it for people to pay to put on lower tier tanks - even their favorites.  Make it affordable and unique, and people will be more inclined to purchase.  You could even make the styles "rare" by actually never selling them again - unlike tanks - which would be further motivation for some folks to buy them.

This concept wouldn't change the game in any way, but would potentially give games a fresher look and motivate people like me with tons of gold to SPEND it on things that I normally wouldn't.  Plus, there's a lot of people out there who are all about the bling and you'll hook them too.

Just think about it.  If you send a memo to RU and they run with it, all I expect in return is one free Black Friday preset camo style ;)

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

xrays_ #2 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 50578 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post__WarChild__, on Jan 29 2019 - 10:12, said:

Make it affordable and unique...

There's the problem. WartGaming doesn't understand what "affordable" actually means. Everything is overpriced in this game, by at least 200%. Cut all prices in half, for everything across the board, and you'll find more people happily spending money again. $50 for a single tank, that then has to suffer being bottom-Tier 75% of the time, is really not a fair deal. As the game gets older, prices should drop... It's just good business and/or public relations - and yes, I realize those are both terms they also don't quite understand.

And remember, "rare" is just a marketing term, and also means absolutely nothing to this company.

x.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 18:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 12334 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I don't think that Minsk can come to grips with the idea of the law of diminishing returns.

Block Quote

The law of diminishing returns, also referred to as the law of diminishing marginal returns, states that in a production process, as one input variable is increased, there will be a point at which the marginal per unit output will start to decrease, holding all other factors constant. In other words, keeping all other factors constant, the additional output gained by another one unit increase of the input variable will eventually be smaller than the additional output gained by the previous increase in input variable. At that point, the diminishing marginal returns take effect.

As they loose players, they compensate by raising prices- causing more players to leave or not start.

Edited by YANKEE137, Jan 29 2019 - 18:15.

Also tagged with Camo

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users