• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

_Tsavo_ #21 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45448 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Postbockscar43, on Jan 29 2019 - 15:40, said:

Claus Kellerman adds a certain flavor to his commentary, which can contrast with some... suits me fine, just sayn.

I can't stand that dude's voice.  Though he does call out jerks so that's a small plus

Tears_ #22 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27201 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 29 2019 - 22:45, said:

We have some amazing Youtubers and Streamers in our Community Contributor Program!

For new players, I recommend checking out the following:

Youtube:
4TankersAndDog (he's got amazing scouting guides and will vastly improve your Light Tanking game)
Taugrim (Good bridge from intermediate to advanced gameplay)
Guido1212 (Former Air Force pilot, all-around super great guy, really good at explaining complex mechanics in simple terms)

TRU_Voodoo (He doesn't have a lot of youtube content up yet, heavier presence on Twitch but overall really down-to-earth guy in one of NA's top clans, great competitive player , very active in clan wars and high-level competitive play - tune in for shenanigans and really informative content on high-level and highly-skilled play.)

Twitch:
Guido1212 (more active on Youtube but streams to Twitch as well)

Cody_Menz (also runs wotguru.com which has a bunch of amazing written and visual guides for maps, etc. really friendly, always willing to take the time and explain/teach something that his viewers want to learn!)
Goshism (Gosh has been less active lately because of work but usually steams at least a couple days a week - smaller streamer, former WG employee and amazing Medium Tank player. If you want a more chill stream to hang out in and actually get a chance to chat with the streamer, check out Gosh)
TRU_Voodoo (Already introduced above but definitely much more active on Twitch)

Some other Streamers you might enjoy:

Sofilein  (she's a great high-level player with a wealth of knowledge regarding Tanks, History, and all things military)

Trobsmonkey (High-level WoT player, very charismatic and generally a great guy all around, stop by his stream on Friday nights for drunken shenanigans!)

Jerm (High level competitive WoT player, highly engaged in the competitive and clan wars scene, also a great guy all around!)
SuperNova_o7 (Very friendly and humble competitive WoT player with eSports experience)

You may not enjoy Taugrim's playstyle or content, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bad-mouth our Contributors on our Forums. They all work very hard to create content for our Community and your opinion on their overall performance isn't relevant to the topic at hand. 

It's quite possible for a player whose stats don't measure up to your standards to produce informative content that's beneficial for new players.

Ahem! LemmingRush?

He talks about what he is doing and why. Goes through this thought process to help you understand the game. Definitely recommend.

Tears_ #23 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27201 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

View PostcKy_, on Jan 29 2019 - 23:22, said:

Except he is terrible at the game, and has literally no clue on what he's talking about.

He never claimed to be great. He makes entertaining content, that is his niche.

Ortinoth_ #24 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:37

Captain

• Players
  • 27222 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 29 2019 - 14:14, said:

nope, just facts. 

everything in my post was completely factual. 

Talking about Seal Clubing your stats state your average tier is only tier 6 so - who is seal clubbing?

Tears_ #25 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27201 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH

View PostOrtinoth_, on Jan 29 2019 - 23:37, said:

Talking about Seal Clubing your stats state your average tier is only tier 6 so - who is seal clubbing?

Oof, straight savage ma dude!

soslo #26 Posted Jan 29 2019 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40444 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

While not a players guide or anything, I upload an almost daily news show that focuses on all of the different news and info primarily for NA and EU WoT for PC. The idea is to get condense the info into a single place and let the player decide what interests them so they can check that out further. Feel free to check it out and stay up to date on all the WoT related things!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk_ikHcxPqfoQCCxxTc8L1M_pyGnRjfhV

RECON_RANGER #27 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View PostOrtinoth_, on Jan 29 2019 - 23:37, said:

Why are my stats important?  I am not a streamer.  This thread is about streamers, son, not me. 

NiteDog #28 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 29459 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostThe_Wreckege, on Jan 29 2019 - 14:02, said:

skill4ltu

Agree 100%. I have seen him do amazing things. Very thorough at explaining what he is doing and intends to do. 

Edited by NiteDog, Jan 30 2019 - 19:45.

RECON_RANGER #29 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 40572 battles

View PostTears_, on Jan 29 2019 - 23:33, said:

Ahem! LemmingRush?

He talks about what he is doing and why. Goes through this thought process to help you understand the game. Definitely recommend.

yea, it's his thought processes that are the problem. 

I do not recommend anybody watching lemonmush. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Jan 30 2019 - 01:23.

HOTA_CHATON #30 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 13328 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jan 29 2019 - 14:26, said:

Check out taugrim, guido1212, some uberdice videos

You mean Uber is still here?

HOTA_CHATON #31 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 13328 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
There are only a few that I just won't frequent and that is due to the amount of foul language used.  Especially one that is on the EU Server who's every third or fourth word is the F' Bomb.  As a whole, we are blessed with an abundance of knowledge and talent to turn to for advice and education.  NA, what will we do with it, letsl not waste it.  Since I am still unable to play, I'm watching a lot of these teachers.

MagillaGuerilla #32 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 03:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 25827 battles

View PostTears_, on Jan 29 2019 - 23:37, said:

Right, even Claus says he could be almost great. As a player he makes a great entertainer.

Chisanbop #33 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 03:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5461 battles

Thank you all for the input.

Cody Menz, Taugrim, and Guido1212, I will need to watch. I have not watched their videos before. Quickybaby is a super talented player, and a great person from what I have seen and heard to date. I really appreciate that he does not use vulgarity in his videos, the ones I have seen do not, anyways. I find him fun to wach, but the skill level between myself and him is too big to really be able to pull off what he does. I am 40 something % rating. Yeah great fun to watch, but way to advanced for me to follow. Perhaps if he connected the dots more for the viewer, I could learn more from him. I am that person that needs to be told very specifically things and why so I can follow. i do not not read between the lines well at all. This is why i thought I would post a thread for new players and who they would litterally be able to get an edge of understanding of the maps and how to use the mini map. Taking a new player by the hand, explaining the idiosyncrasies and details in the maps to them, explaining how these details effect you and everyone else during battle, explaining what happens when you do/don't do something.....This is all such a huge help when struggling and when you have no idea what you are struggling with. Its just such a huge help. Its like when someone asks if you have any questions for them, but you do not, because you really do not know what to ask as it is so far above and over you.

Edited by Thirty_BR, Jan 30 2019 - 04:07.

cKy_ #34 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 04:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 4108 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostTears_, on Jan 30 2019 - 10:37, said:

​Entertaining is a stretch, and the title is "YouTubers for the new players", and since Claus is terribad, he is not for the new players.

Chisanbop #35 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 15:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5461 battles
I watched lemming rush. He is another super talented player. Like Quickybaby, he does not connect the dots enough for a new player. Excellent player, just too far above and beyond a new players skill level to understand why he is doing what he is doing thoroughly. What I think many of the higher skilled players have, is the experience to to visualize the big picture so to say. The highly skilled player sees not necessarily the fight in front of them, but several fights after the current fight they are in. They can visualize the battles play out from the beginning of the battle. This is not the new players fault, but the highly skilled player has the experience to know what is going to happen before it even happens. 4tanksanddog for instance will explain which tanks are going to die, which lemming rush does too, but 4tanksanddog will explain why they will die by pointing out the not so obvious. This is a huge key to map awareness. These tiny details are the majority of the skill even though it is a minor skill that must be learned. You sometimes here people say that a person has forgotten more than he can teach a person they have so much experience. Its so natural to do something, it is forgotten about. It is those forgotten details/actions that will make a huge difference when learning from videos if left out or included.

GAJohnnie #36 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostThirty_BR, on Jan 29 2019 - 15:07, said:

I want to mention these two particular you tube people. I have watched many you tube videos, but I really think that these two people are doing it right for new players of WOT. I have yet to find anyone else who walks you through each map and shows what, why and why not to do certain things. Just type the names below in google and they should pop up.

Zeven

4tanksanddog

View PostDomoSapien, on Jan 29 2019 - 16:45, said:

We have some amazing Youtubers and Streamers in our Community Contributor Program!

For new players, I recommend checking out the following:

Youtube:
4TankersAndDog (he's got amazing scouting guides and will vastly improve your Light Tanking game)
Taugrim (Good bridge from intermediate to advanced gameplay)
Guido1212 (Former Air Force pilot, all-around super great guy, really good at explaining complex mechanics in simple terms)

TRU_Voodoo (He doesn't have a lot of youtube content up yet, heavier presence on Twitch but overall really down-to-earth guy in one of NA's top clans, great competitive player , very active in clan wars and high-level competitive play - tune in for shenanigans and really informative content on high-level and highly-skilled play.)

Twitch:
Guido1212 (more active on Youtube but streams to Twitch as well)

Cody_Menz (also runs wotguru.com which has a bunch of amazing written and visual guides for maps, etc. really friendly, always willing to take the time and explain/teach something that his viewers want to learn!)
Goshism (Gosh has been less active lately because of work but usually steams at least a couple days a week - smaller streamer, former WG employee and amazing Medium Tank player. If you want a more chill stream to hang out in and actually get a chance to chat with the streamer, check out Gosh)
TRU_Voodoo (Already introduced above but definitely much more active on Twitch)

Some other Streamers you might enjoy:

Sofilein  (she's a great high-level player with a wealth of knowledge regarding Tanks, History, and all things military)

Trobsmonkey (High-level WoT player, very charismatic and generally a great guy all around, stop by his stream on Friday nights for drunken shenanigans!)

Jerm (High level competitive WoT player, highly engaged in the competitive and clan wars scene, also a great guy all around!)
SuperNova_o7 (Very friendly and humble competitive WoT player with eSports experience)

You may not enjoy Taugrim's playstyle or content, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bad-mouth our Contributors on our Forums. They all work very hard to create content for our Community and your opinion on their overall performance isn't relevant to the topic at hand. 

It's quite possible for a player whose stats don't measure up to your standards to produce informative content that's beneficial for new players.

^---------Listen to this OP.

hazmatman #37 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15127 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Jan 30 2019 - 01:09, said:

Why are my stats important?  I am not a streamer.  This thread is about streamers, son, not me. 

Metalgod_ #38 Posted Jan 30 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17878 battles
Some of Sliphantoms older guides are good...and funny, its too bad he doesn't make them anymore. Weather WG likes him or not you cannot ignore QuickyBaby either. His guides are good, he is a competent player and what he says about the game, popular in Minsk or not is for the most part true....

bockscar43 #39 Posted Feb 01 2019 - 00:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31898 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR

View PostcKy_, on Jan 30 2019 - 04:21, said:

Entertaining is a stretch, and the title is "YouTubers for the new players", and since Claus is terribad, he is not for the new players.

Perhaps, shooting them in the butt is disturbing to you. Most know what KY is used for......just a thought.

soslo #40 Posted Feb 02 2019 - 00:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40444 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

View PostThirty_BR, on Jan 30 2019 - 08:32, said:

I watched lemming rush. He is another super talented player. Like Quickybaby, he does not connect the dots enough for a new player. Excellent player, just too far above and beyond a new players skill level to understand why he is doing what he is doing thoroughly. What I think many of the higher skilled players have, is the experience to to visualize the big picture so to say. The highly skilled player sees not necessarily the fight in front of them, but several fights after the current fight they are in. They can visualize the battles play out from the beginning of the battle. This is not the new players fault, but the highly skilled player has the experience to know what is going to happen before it even happens. 4tanksanddog for instance will explain which tanks are going to die, which lemming rush does too, but 4tanksanddog will explain why they will die by pointing out the not so obvious. This is a huge key to map awareness. These tiny details are the majority of the skill even though it is a minor skill that must be learned. You sometimes here people say that a person has forgotten more than he can teach a person they have so much experience. Its so natural to do something, it is forgotten about. It is those forgotten details/actions that will make a huge difference when learning from videos if left out or included.

I want to throw out a blog for you from 13disciple in -G-. He is a very good player and has a learn to play guide that works for every skill level. https://www.13discip.../l2p-guide.html I HIGHLY recommend you check it out, it is a wealth of easy to digest info on all aspects of WoT. 

Like I said in an earlier post, I do a short news show almost daily about the goings on in WoT PC to help people keep up on all the stuff that is going on! 

https://www.youtube....c8L1M_pyGnRjfhV

Good luck! Feel free to PM me in game and maybe we can toon sometime!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users